• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, September 27, 2018

    OnePlus TIL you can quick switch apps using gestures by performing the recent apps action twice in succession.

    OnePlus TIL you can quick switch apps using gestures by performing the recent apps action twice in succession.


    TIL you can quick switch apps using gestures by performing the recent apps action twice in succession.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:13 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is new with pie but I just accidentally did it today which helps with the new horizontal recent apps page.

    submitted by /u/Albert0724
    [link] [comments]

    OP6 Pie - Google pill gestures to quick switch apps very inconsistent

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 08:28 AM PDT

    I recently upgrade my OP6 to Pie and enabled google's pill gestures. Does anyone else have a really hard time swapping the two most recent apps? The tap-and-drag-right from the pill gesture seems to frequently skip 1 or 2 apps unless I deliberately do it slowly. This feels very broken to me - unless I am missing something obvious.

    I am using nova launcher - though I cant imagine that would be the issue.

    Can any pixel owners compare this? Is this common or just an issue with oxygen OS?

    Edit: Just tried this on a pixel I borrowed from a work friend - definitely a bug :(

    submitted by /u/gh123man
    [link] [comments]

    About the stable Pie update

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:43 AM PDT

    AOSP Pie seems pretty good, even if some people dislike the UI changes, but I think OnePlus really botched this update. The stable release feels like a beta because of the amount of bugs and clunkyness. I'm gonna attach screenshots, so you actually see what i'm talking about if it's a visual issue that's harder to explain. Keep in mind that I'm writing these problems down after a factory reset and a fresh install. I made sure that these problems are recreatable even after a reboot/factory reset.

    The new recents - so many broken things

    First of all, you'll see a lot of grey panels, or panels with the incorrect images if you're using OnePlus gestures. see here

    When using OP gestures and swiping up while in recents, the black overlay in the background moves with the gesture, revealing that the dark overlay is just a rectangle in the background. Kinda hard to describe but try it for yourself. see here

    If you're using OP gestures and want to go into the recents menu, but have the sound panel/qs panel out, you'll see those briefly captured in the recents thumbnail. see here

    When closing an app by swiping up upward in the recents menu and exiting before the animation is finished, the app doesn't close and goes back into the recents stack. see here

    The new gesture navigation isn't free of animation bugs either.

    When quickswitching apps by swiping to the right, the navbar moves with the app that is being switched but then abruptly disappears. see bottom right corner

    I honestly wish they kept this version of OOS similar to stock android. While some people don't like the new recents menu, I think AOSP pie nailed it (although stacked recents would be better) with the large app icon in the middle and app drawer at the bottom. Their version is just less intuitive and more broken. The new recents menu also (for some reason) seems to be a part of OnePlus launcher, so freezing/uninstalling it brings back the old recents, or using a different launcher breaks some elements of the recents menu.

    The new UI and stock apps

    I think the opinions on the new UI are split right down the middle in the community, which isn't surprising. Everyone has their own preferences. Personally I wish, as I said earlier, that OnePlus remained more faithful to stock android. The new icons feel cheap, they could have easily used Google's outlined iconography that are used for Material Design 2.0.

    The settings app is also a great way to showcase just how little thought went into the stable build. The icons look inconsistent, and the gigantic search bar looks out of place and jarring. Either put the search option in the title bar as an icon, or remove the "settings" title bar. And change the icons, please change the icons, so they're consistent. Personally I'd prefer if they used AOSP icons, but at this point I just wish they made it consistent. Same with how stock android icons are used for quicksettings toggles but OnePlus used their version of brightness icons on the same panel.

    The lockscreen: I actually like the lockscreen, it finally has consistent animations and the clock isn't huge, BUT there's a catch: from time to time, the background tint disappears, which makes it super hard to read the clock, or inputting pin numbers, since the white numbers get overlayed on your background, or worse, on white notifications. Sure, most people use fingerprint but it's still super annoying, especially when double-tapping a notification, and has no place in a stable release. Rebooting usually fixes it but it comes back later anyway. I couldn't figure out what triggers this, it's kind of inconsistent. video here

    The brightness slider has a similar problem: sliding/tapping the bar sometimes removes the dark shade from behind the notification panel. Interestingly enough, this is usually accompanied by the lockscreen bug I mentioned above.

    Other small annoyances:

    When you're looking at battery usage, 3/4th of the apps suddenly disappear and the percentages change after about 10-15 seconds.

    The calculator app has a few animation glitches aswell. see here

    Long press shortcuts still haven't adapted the rounded Pie look, so now they look even more out of place than they did in oreo

    Changing the front from Slate to Roboto still doesn't change the typeface system-wide, for example in the QS panel. A workaround for this is to take the font you want to use, rename it to SlateForOnePlus-Book.ttf and overwrite the old version of it in /system/fonts

    If I find more issues I'll add them to this post. I hope some of the devs see this and that they're able fix these problems.

    submitted by /u/cuminmyramen
    [link] [comments]

    Logcat spam

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 11:15 AM PDT

    OnePlus 6 Android Pie

    I am seeing a ton of spam in logcat which is making my life as a software developer very difficult

    I keep seeing this message

    E/libc: Access denied finding property "vendor.debug.egl.swapinterval"

    I'm getting chatty messages there's so many of them happening. they seem to just come randomly, but when I touch the screen, significantly more of them appear.

    I tried posting on the forums but it said I don't have permissions

    submitted by /u/blumpkinblake
    [link] [comments]

    [1+ 5T Android 8.1 Oxy 5.1.5] Issue with mobile data.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:19 PM PDT

    Hello.

    I'm having issues with my 5T. It refuses to load in anything on mobile data, no matter the sim. I've tried 2 different sim cards that work in their parent phone but don't work in mine. I've set the APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6. The phone was working fine until ~1500 GMT +1 and since then it hasn't worked. I've tried restarting the phone, resetting network data, and doing a factory reset and nothing works.

    Phone: OnePlus 5T on Android 8.1 and OxygenOS 5.1.5

    Issue: Mobile data not working, not loading any online content. WiFi works fine. No issues before ~1500 GMT+1. Receive intermittent cellular data, ex. getting an E-Mail or Facebook message. Can't open or read.

    Solutions tried:

    • Changing SIM card (x2),

    • Changing APN protocol to IPv4/IPv6 from IPv4.

    • Resetting network data,

    • Resetting Factory Settings,

    • Restarting (x6).

    • E: Searched for updates, none found.

    • E: Changing spot in SIM tray.

    • Put own SIM in other phone (works)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ThatOneDutchGuy
    [link] [comments]

    New OnePlus Launcher update ruins text color under apps

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 03:44 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/ff2x7iw

    The text color under the apps on the home screen is white, when I try to edit the name, the text doesn't appear at all. The drawer has black or greyed out color text.

    Anyway to change this?

    Edit: OnePlus6 is the device.

    Solved : Cleared cache 😪

    submitted by /u/boddah33
    [link] [comments]

    No data

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:43 PM PDT

    Upgraded to pie and now my mobile data doesn't work. I'm on straight talk with a at&t sim. Any one know how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/DeBary
    [link] [comments]

    Fingerprint reader so slow after update?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    Anyone notice that! Kinda disappointed

    submitted by /u/skidallas418
    [link] [comments]

    Can we have a gesture to scroll through the recent apps when using OnePlus gestures?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 02:46 PM PDT

    Swipe up and hold, then without lifting move to right or left to initiate the scroll like with the pie navbar

    submitted by /u/morcimerluza
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 6 camera issues

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 07:10 PM PDT

    I recently updated to Android Pie and I noticed that the camera would sometimes not work, I thought it was snapchat's problem at first but when I switched to the camera app, it just freezes or shows a complete black image. Anyone having this issue?

    submitted by /u/RosellaRoses
    [link] [comments]

    Lost all mobile data after the OP6 Pie update. Anyone have a solution?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:37 PM PDT

    Been through the usual. Reset the APN settings, off/on mobile data, restarted phone countless times. Tried different working SIM card, nothing. Data saver not on. Losing my marbles here.

    submitted by /u/overzealous_dentist
    [link] [comments]

    Android Pie update fixed 2 dialer issues I had.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    I updated to the OTA stable Pie update last night, and man this phone is blazing fast.

    I also noticed it fixed two of my biggest pet peeves I had with this phone:

    1. I installed the google dialer app and was previously unable to answer or decline calls from the pop up notification. I used to have to tap on the notification to get to the ringing dialer and then manually decline or answer. This is no longer an issue, and I can answer or decline from anywhere.

    2. The quick responses never worked on this phone. Regardless of which dialer app I used (stock or google), if you tried to decline using a quick response, it never sent the text. After the pie update, they work just fine.

    Thanks OnePlus for making your phones better. As someone who came from the LG V20 (who STILL does not have Oreo) I'm thoroughly impressed with this phone's performance, and your speed of updates.

    submitted by /u/Shawkilla
    [link] [comments]

    OP 5t screen protector

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:49 PM PDT

    Hello, since the release of the 6, will OnePlus stop making screen protectors for the 5t? Just cracked mine and the website said it's currently out of stock. Wondering if they plan on restocking or if that's it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/frozenbuns6
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6 (9.0) - Anyone have Hangouts constantly crashing when you start typing a message to a Google Voice number?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:42 PM PDT

    I've tried everything to fix this.

    submitted by /u/TheBKBurger
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Protector for OP5

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 07:03 AM PDT

    Can anyone using a OP5 recommend a screen protector? I searched for one, and didn't find any that wouldn't have drawbacks. I don't need a perfect one, so if you could recommend the best there is, it'd be great

    submitted by /u/neurotoxin46
    [link] [comments]

    Android 9.0 is draining my battery like crazy

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 02:29 AM PDT

    So... I got the new update and my battery is draining like crazy. Is it normal?

    submitted by /u/TheSuperGerbil
    [link] [comments]

    OP6 - Cannot get ADB to work after official update to Pie.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm not rooted, using a Windows 10 PC. Oneplus 6 is not recognized as an ADB device. It used to work fine before the Pie update. I tried installing the latest Google USB drivers but it's telling me the best driver is already installed.

    Help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/pppaaassseeeiii
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe up to home gesture - Oneplus vs iPhone

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 03:12 PM PDT

    Hello,

    iPhone 6 user here. I'm thinking of getting either an Oneplus 6 or an iPhone X.

    I'm curious how Oneplus 6 compares to iPhone X when it comes to "swipe up to home" gesture. Is it as smooth? How about swiping between apps?

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/RehabilitativeAttack
    [link] [comments]

    Image of an app stuck on recent apps even after clearing all task.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    In my case it was google maps. The image remains stuck but you can still slide through the recent apps. Anyone else have this problem and how to fix?

    submitted by /u/bengboomboom
    [link] [comments]

    [WORKAROUND] OP6 + Android P + Bose QC35 + AAC = Problem

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:47 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Since I updated my OP6 to Android P, I had really bad audio quality with my Bose QC35.

    The sound was cutting (stuttering?)

    I have found a workaround by disabling AAC in the device settings (probably reverting to SBC)

    I am not sure I can hear a difference between AAC and SBC but I was wondering if anybody here faced the same issue ?

    Regards,

    Tibuski

    submitted by /u/Tibuski
    [link] [comments]

    Can i charge my OP6 with a ThinkPad USB-C charger?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:43 PM PDT

    Charger says, Output: 20V==3.25A/15V==3A/9V==2A/5V==2A

    submitted by /u/morcimerluza
    [link] [comments]

    Noticeable lag for double tap power button to quick launch camera for OP6 after Pie update

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:41 AM PDT

    I just updated to Pie and was fiddling with all the new interfaces and settings. While before the Pie update, the double tap quick launch worked instantaneously upon triggered, now, with Pie update, there is a small, but noticeable, pause between the taps and camera launch. And after a few quick google searches and browsing through OnePlus forum, this is the only thread reporting a similar issue.
    I have not tested other aspects of the phone as this is kind of off putting to a smooth experience. Thanks for reading. Update: The issue is a feature called Emergency Rescue. It sends emergency message and dials emergency service by tapping power button 5 times. The pause is there to detect any further taps on the power button.

    submitted by /u/SpeedyRain
    [link] [comments]

    Android 9 op6 Bluetooth audio skipping

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:54 PM PDT

    Regrets all around.

    submitted by /u/th3_alt3rnativ3
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel