• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, September 27, 2018

    Apps added in ready to install Windows Help

    Apps added in ready to install Windows Help


    Apps added in ready to install

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:53 PM PDT

    I just did a fresh install on my brand new lenovo yoga 530 and use a local account.

    But in the store there are apps in the ready to install list even though that should be empty. I havent logged into an account yet.

    The apps are - twitter - candy crush saga - candy crush soda saga - hidden city: object adventure.

    How can i get rid of this junk? And will they carry over into my account if i log in on the store?

    There are also listings for dolby acces and windows 10 home but i dont mind those.

    submitted by /u/MisterJeffa
    [link] [comments]

    We found a lot of old Windows CDs / What to do with them?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 08:40 AM PDT

    We found a lot of old Windows CDs / What to do with them?

    We found a lot of old Windows CDs (Windows 95, MS-Dos 6.2.2 and Windows Money). Most of them are still sealed and in a pretty good condition, the question is what should we do with them? Are those still worth some money or should we throw them away?

    https://i.redd.it/14vkzxrnvso11.jpg

    submitted by /u/Phulib
    [link] [comments]

    Need convincing to switch from Google to Microsoft

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:50 AM PDT

    I've used Google Products for years, including Youtube, Google Play Music, Keep, Drive, Gmail, Photos etc. but after trying the Microsoft Launcher on Android, I'm loving everything it has to offer. I've tried a few of Microsoft's Products including Outlook, Calender, Edge, Bing, OneDrive, OneNote and Cortana (which I find a bit slower), but making the switch is difficult as everything has revolved around Google over the years. I use Youtube and Google Play Music often, but other than that, I continue to use Google because everything integrates nicely with each other. I'm sure Microsoft products do too, but would just like to know why you guys use Microsoft over Google stuff.

    submitted by /u/Jacob_2903
    [link] [comments]

    When can we expect the October Update?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:37 PM PDT

    Really excited for this one because it will include dark file explorer and context menus. With this feature I won't need Insider Preview anymore.

    submitted by /u/VarokSaurfang
    [link] [comments]

    [Windows 10] Insider Preview uninstalled my OS because I didn't update

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    I was an Insider in the slow ring for a few months. I joined up for the dark file explorer and it became vital for me to even use Windows. I was on build 17738 for a few weeks and received a few prompts to update to the next build, but never anything more than that. I tried to update several times and each time it failed so I gave up to be honest.

    Today I came home and found my computer stuck in startup repair loop, and the options all failed as if there was no OS at all. There were no issues before this that I know of, and no malware of any kind as I run a very clean system. I think Insider uninstalled my OS because I didn't update to the next build. It didn't even give me an option to revert to the stable build, it just seems to have been forced upon me.

    I tried everything in the troubleshooting options menu. Startup repair kept giving a message that it couldn't complete repairs, and even safe mode failed to boot. It was as if my OS was completely removed from the system. I couldn't get into Windows at all.

    Ultimately I pulled out my emergency boot stick and did a clean install of 1803. It's nice to start fresh and I won't be going back to Insider any time soon, but this frustrates me. Why did this happen? Does Windows actually kick you off Insider and deactivate your OS if you don't update to the next build within a certain time frame? That certainly seems like what happened. I'd really appreciate any explanations you might have.

    submitted by /u/VarokSaurfang
    [link] [comments]

    RCA Cambio vs. refurbished Surface RT

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    Basically looking for a really cheap tablet that'll last at least 2 years to take notes at University, access the Internet, watch videos and other basic tasks.

    submitted by /u/ilovephones
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Surface Pro 2 and a Desktop, both with Windows 8.1. How do I stop them from syncing up with settings?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:58 AM PDT

    I want my desktop to not have a password, for example, but my Surface Pro requires one since I use the Microsoft store for an app on it. Also annoying is that my taskbar position syncs between the devices. I've tried googling and looking in settings but so far all I've been able to find is information regarding Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/theslyder
    [link] [comments]

    I can't install windows 7.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 06:23 PM PDT

    am booting my usb drive installer in legacy mode on a UEFI laptop. it won't boot in CSM or UEFI. no matter which method I try.

    when I try to install windows 7. 64 bit. it says it can't install it on GPT.

    but I cannot convert my drive to MBR without wiping it. and its my only drive. is there a way to install windows 7 without wiping it?.

    the option to convert to MBR is greyed out in the disk partition tool. and CMD doesn't let me convert to MBR.

    I never ran into this issue before but I never tried to install windows 7 on UEFI laptop before.

    submitted by /u/SaviorLordThanos
    [link] [comments]

    [Question/Help?] Windows program that allows me to..

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:54 PM PDT

    To basically, use a cmd on a computer with Administrative commands, and then you were able to run the cmd commands onto another laptop. But the cmd console would have to have the information on the laptop. I need to check if my sister is doing anything wrong, my mom is asking me to look without her knowing. And the only way I can think of doing this is to, wait for her to use her computer, and then connect via network but then that shows a notification. And I would do it when she isn't home, but I don't know for the life or death of me, know her password nor will I ask her. I have some experience in the programming field; so if that helps. Like should I create a batch file that connects one to the other? A ssh server and client? cmd commands? I really have no clue, and since they are both windows, and the main question is about a window admin tool, I thought this would be the right place; if not please tell me, and I'll find another sub to post this on.

    submitted by /u/Zevaix
    [link] [comments]

    I have a lot of space taken up by C:\fusion. What made this directory?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:52 PM PDT

    The directories under it match all the *.exe files I have ever run.

    submitted by /u/danweber
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi adapter internet sharing to lan not working. [Help]

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:42 PM PDT

    A couple of days ago, i connected my second laptop, which has weaker WiFi reception, via an Ethernet cable with my main laptop. I don't have a router because I'm paying my neighbour for the WiFi.

    Allowed sharing on both laptops. I can access shared folders from second laptop on my main laptop.

    For two days, it was also sharing internet connection from my main laptop to my second laptop. Suddenly, now it's not sharing internet. But shared files are accessible.

    I'm on windows 10.

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/9nkit
    [link] [comments]

    Unknown and unused USB drive in the Windows files explorer

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:08 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I have a USB drive in the Windows files explorer. I don't know what it corresponds to. It's a little greyed out, I can't eject it it tells me that it's currently in use and when I open it it says to insert a USB drive. The only information I have is that it's called "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device".

    Of course I don't have any USB devices connected to a USB port of my computer except for my mouse and keyboard.

    What is it and how to remove it from my drives list ?

    https://imgur.com/a/Xa6WMJN

    submitted by /u/PercevalLeGallois
    [link] [comments]

    Ctrl+v sounds breaks when listening music.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    I am using windows 7 dell laptop. When I am listening music and concurrently copy a text and paste somewhere else. it makes very strange sounds(just a second). It is a metallic sound like something is broken but it actually only break the music sound. Does anyone else experience the issue. Google search hasn't helped a lot.

    submitted by /u/willy80
    [link] [comments]

    Question about serial numbers

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:41 AM PDT

    So I recently got my laptop stolen and I'm wondering if anyone knows why the serial number listed in the device section (9S716Pxxxxxxxxxxx) on my Microsoft account, is different than the one that is on the box (K1710xxxxxxxx).

    I submitted the second to the police but I'm wondering if I should have given them the first one.

    Any thoughts? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Mg1221
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling ads on Windows Spotlight lockscreen

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:52 PM PDT

    I like the rotating images of Windows Spotlight for my lock screen, but the ads just tick me off. I've been searching desperately to find out how to remove them, but all of the solutions I've found so far don't work anymore (group policy settings or the toggle in the settings app which no longer exists). I don't just want a static picture or a slideshow. I'm hoping there's a registry hack or maybe a group policy setting that I missed. Or even a DNS entry that I can block to prevent the ads from loading?

    See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/how-can-i-disable-ad-links-on-the-windows/65705da4-3da0-4387-a6d4-ca9bce8acd67

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/disabling-ads-in-windows-spotlight-but-keeping-the/ad7aff96-b239-4bd2-a11b-efd597281a1f

    submitted by /u/kayson
    [link] [comments]

    $SECURITY_DESCRIPTORs all over the NTFS volume, impossible to defrag - any ideas?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:54 PM PDT

    $SECURITY_DESCRIPTORs all over the NTFS volume, impossible to defrag - any ideas?

    I am dual booting Windows and Linux and the NTFS volume is very actively used with both. I recently saw the read and write speed to that hard disk became very slow, so I thought about launching MyDefrag. It was so severely fragmented I never saw anything like this.

    Anyway, I left MyDefrag "weekly" for the night and discovered this morning that it left many files with $SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR at the end of the name. They are marked red, which is "unmovable".

    Questions:

    1 - is Linux using the NTFS volume in such a way that causes more severe fragmentation?

    2 - does Linux create these $SECURITY_DESCRIPTORS and if so, is there a way to stop it from doing it?

    3 - but most of all, is there a way to defrag and move these descriptors during a defrag phase? Their existence and current position make further fragmentation very likely.

    Here's a screenshot with MyDefrag's analysis. The red dots above the the blue data are pretty much only those descriptors. Thanks in advance for any tips!

    PS - I am dual booting Windows 7 and Antergos Linux.

    https://i.redd.it/mdj1gertypo11.png

    submitted by /u/relu84
    [link] [comments]

    MCSA Windows 2016/2012R2 study guides

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 11:22 PM PDT

    Could anyone recommend some good books that cover most if not all the objectives under these exams? I'd like to take my skillsets to the next level and get a network admin position.

    submitted by /u/rezadential
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Audio issues after update?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 10:59 PM PDT

    I have Windows 10 on my HP laptop and a few months ago I updated my drivers and ever since then, whenever I plug headphones in, the audio comes out of both the headphones and the speakers and on top of that, my volume has decreased significantly. One thing I liked a lot about my laptop was how loud the speakers were and now I can turn them all the way up and still not be able to hear a video clearly. I'm not even a hundred percent sure if this was caused by me updating my drivers, but that's the last change I remember taking place before this became a problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/killianbones
    [link] [comments]

    How can I sync Network Locations I've added to Explorer between devices?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 09:57 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Looking to sync Network Locations that I've added to Explorer between my devices as I've got a lot of servers that I need regular access to, but regularly swap devices throughout the day.

    submitted by /u/HammyHavoc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel