• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    Microsoft websites are riddled with broken links! Windows Help

    Microsoft websites are riddled with broken links! Windows Help


    Microsoft websites are riddled with broken links!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:43 AM PDT

    Has anyone else noticed that an alarmingly large number of links are broken throughout the Microsoft internet infrastructure? Especially in the help sections, links to other Microsoft websites are often dead or outdated, and external links are a gamble too. What's the deal?

    submitted by /u/OdooUser345
    [link] [comments]

    Teredo adapter is missing from my computer.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:44 PM PDT

    Before you tell me to type those commands in the cmd lemme tell you that none of those worked.

    I tried add legacy hardware in the device manager but it is NOT there too.

    I went to the registry and set DisabledCompotents to 0 etc.

    So basically i tried every possible way i found online.

    You guys are my last hope please help me.

    submitted by /u/UhhIsAnyoneInThere87
    [link] [comments]

    FaceID vs Windows Hello speed

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:45 PM PDT

    Windows 10 17763 Status Bar on Dark Mode, Not Dark!

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:46 PM PDT

    Windows 10 17763 Status Bar on Dark Mode, Not Dark!

    Explorer Status Bar Not Dark

    It seems to me that someone forgot to address the status bar! Upgraded from previous RTM (1803) to 17763, presumable RTM for 1809.

    Can anyone else confirm this bug?

    Note: Yes, I disabled and re-enabled. (View ribbon tab, Options --> Change Folder and Search Options --> View Tab --> Check "Show Status Bar" checkbox)

    Note 2: Yes, I reverted to light mode in the Settings app, then back to dark mode, with reboots after each. No change.

    Note 3: My synced theme is basically Windows' default, but in case the theme synced from legacy 10 builds was to blame, I backed it up and reverted to default Windows theme. No change.

    Note 4: Unknown if this will contribute to trying to nail down this issue, but I'm on 24" 4k displays, so I rock Scaling at 200% (Display Settings -> Scale and layout -> Change the size of text, apps, and other items = 200%)

    EDIT: Several comments have raised suspicion this is not the final build. While we don't know for sure, the only reason I upgraded to it is because I believe it actually IS. All signs are pointing to this being the RTM. Source (one of many): https://wccftech.com/windows-10-october-2018-update-rtm/

    According to a report by the folks at WindowsCentral, the development on the Windows 10 Redstone 5 "is now complete," citing insider sources. "Microsoft has internally signed-off on the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) build of Redstone 5 at 17763 (details here), which is build that has been in testing with Insiders for more than a week on PC, HoloLens, and Xbox," the report suggests.

    submitted by /u/ItzDarc
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Desktop Wakes Screens and Leaves Them On

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:09 PM PDT

    My desktop will turn off the screens after one minute if I lock the computer. They remain off until it receives keyboard or mouse input.

    Oddly enough, connecting to the computer via Remote Desktop wakes up the screens and leaves them on even after the session is terminated. This should not be happening.

    Anyone know why it does this and if there is a workaround?

    submitted by /u/AdriftAtlas
    [link] [comments]

    "Airgapped" my Windows 10 VMs so they won't get updates. How long until they expire?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:53 AM PDT

    I run two Windows 10 virtual machines:

    • Insider on Parallels (VM hosting for Mac), and

    • Pro on esxi (hypervisor running on a dell r320).

    Last weekend, following a frustrating update session, I decided to cut the VMs off from the internet so they can't call home, download updates, and break. The Parallels VM shares mounts with its host Mac but is not otherwise connected to the outside world. The esxi VM only allows screen sharing and one other port through.

    Assuming all of these VMs are updated as of this past weekend, how long do I have before they demand updates and stop working without them?

    Thanks much!

    submitted by /u/Poplicolax
    [link] [comments]

    Wіndоws: sоund stорs wоrkіng оn mоnіtоr аftеr thе соmрutеr іs runnіng fоr а fеw dауs, but іt аlwауs wоrk оn hеаdрhоnеs

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    І rаrеlу shut dоwn mу dеsktор РС іnstеаd І рut іt tо slеер. Вut аftеr а fеw dауs thе аudіо stорs rеsроdnіng оn mу mоnіtоr аnd thе оnlу fіх іs tо rеstаrt thе mоnіtоr. Іs thеrе аnуwау І саn fіх іt wіthоut hаvіng tо rеstаrt thе соmрutеr?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the Windows Store so fucky?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:03 PM PDT

    Windows.old folder question

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:55 PM PDT

    I have a Windows.old folder that's taking up 400 gb of space on my 1 TB hard disk. Should I delete it? How do I delete it?

    submitted by /u/EyMayn
    [link] [comments]

    Transfer license to new installation (same PC)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    Hey fellas!

    I bought a Windows 7 Licence a few years ago, and that was the one which was updated to Windows 10. I had windows 10 installed ever since.

    The thing is, i bought a new hard drive and I want to do a format and clean installation.

    How do I "transfer" the license? I just have to take note of the serial number and use it on the clean install?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kanyenke_
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Access Bios via advanced options in Windows 10. There is no "UEFI Firmware settings" option. My laptop is a Lenovo G5-80. I want to get into BIOS to enable virtualization. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:26 AM PDT

    Lock & unlock keyboard via shortcut

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:31 PM PDT

    Is it possible to really completely lock the keyboard so that I can't input anything until I press a specific combination of keys? Had a kind of embarrassing situation in a presentation where I accidentally pressed a key on my seperate nunpad which I was carrying around in my pocket. It was nothing serious (calculator popped up) but it just wasn't professional.

    submitted by /u/Nonoone
    [link] [comments]

    System muting

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:19 PM PDT

    Hey, I got a very strange problem: Each time I press the „H" key on my keyboard the system-sounds get muted/unmuted. I tried to plug-out and -in my keyboard and deleted all keyboard-drivers and sound-drivers in the device-manager. The problem appeared from one moment to the other while playing a steam-game. What I noticed: when I removed the keyboard-drivers, nothing worked on my keyboard anymore (didn't expect anything else), but surprisingly the „H" key still muted/unmuted the sound. Sadly I don't have another external keyboard I could try using. Does somebody know the problem and/or can help me?

    Thank you already for your help

    submitted by /u/Baclchen
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I find Windows and Office license?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:10 PM PDT

    Hi,

    my mom has an old laptop which still has a hdd. I now got a spare ssd and would like to swap them. She would like to keep Office on it. How do I immigrate it? It came preinstalled with the laptop.

    The Windows license is probably on the bottom of the laptop, right? I just need to check out next time.

    submitted by /u/Lagkalori
    [link] [comments]

    Regsvr32 dll issue - Windows Server 2016

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:07 AM PDT

    Regsvr32 dll issue - Windows Server 2016

    Is Regsvr32 used on Windows Server 2016? I'm troubleshooting WSUS and trying to reregister the BITS and Windows Update files. The guide I'm following gives steps using regsvr but I'm getting the following error message:

    https://i.redd.it/bfp70tq6h0p11.png

    I appreciate any insight anyone could share. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Emersumbigens
    [link] [comments]

    can windows 32 bit OS boots in 64 bit hardware

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:50 AM PDT

    i buying Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS but now i am trying to boot in 64 bit hardware. does it support?

    submitted by /u/chillumgod
    [link] [comments]

    Diskpart Help?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:41 PM PDT

    So I installed a SSD and converted my existing HDD into an external device. The only problem is that I needed to format the drive first.

    I didn't entirely understand the description for the clean command and ended up using the clean all command thinking it was what was needed to remove all partitions from the drive.

    Here are the steps I took

    -run CMD as admin

    -diskpart

    -list disk the drive I am formatting is disk 1

    -select disk 1

    -clean all

    I ended up closing out the window and restarting the PC to make sure I canceled the process, after rebooting I then redid all of the steps and simply left "all" off at the end. I then opened the partition manager, initialized the drive, and added a partition.

    Now my concern is, I'm still not quite sure about the parameters of the clean all command and while doing research about it when trying to figure out why the process was taking so long I read where someone accidentally formatted their windows install drive using the command.

    By doing it the way I did is there any chance that the clean all command touched data on my install drive, disk 0? I would assume that if it did the system would not have booted and it would show up as blank space in a partition manager since the process marked the drive as clear BEFORE writings everything to 0. Correct?

    submitted by /u/reluttr
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with windows update

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I've an HP laptop running Win10 and I'm having a hellish time with windows update.

    I've several updates for Windows defender and update for Windows v1803 (Picture: https://imgur.com/a/iGQ6tO2 )

    The 2 defender updates download fine, then hang on "pending install" and the actual windows update never passes "initialising..."

    This is causing my laptop run awfully, skyrocketing my disk usage up to 100% (which I can sort by disabling windows update service, but that takes a good 15 minutes after booting up to do).

    This has been like this for a good few months, I've just not had the time to sink hours into the problem.

    I've tried numerous fixes from support forms eg. disabling win update service and restarting, etc...

    As for that XP service pack update, that's been there as long as I remember. I know it's not compatible with win10, but there's no way to get rid of it so it just sits there.

    Any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AdamxKH
    [link] [comments]

    Can you recommend a pdf-editing programs for Windows 10 tablet (w/ stylus)?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:30 PM PDT

    I have a Windows 10 tablet and I need to edit .pdfs for a class. I am not allowed to use one note. Can you recommend a good software program for opening and editing a .pdf using a stylus?

    submitted by /u/DIYjackass
    [link] [comments]

    Uninstalling Windows and putting it in VM?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:43 PM PDT

    Is it possible to remove Windows 10 Pro and install a different OS (Linux) and put my Windows 10 into a VM on Linux or another machine (A VM on my R610) without a lot of headache? I know Windows 10 licensing uses your hardware to determine if it does in fact belong to the machine, but is there a way around this? I have a MSA ID which is linked to my install of Windows 10.

    submitted by /u/justinjohnson86
    [link] [comments]

    Filter keys won't turn off no matter what i do.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:02 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Lately a small problem has been bugging me.

    No matter what i do, Filter keys won't turn off. Tried Googling for help, But the solutions there was too turn them off through control panel and settings. Neither of them worked.

    The actual problem is, I am able to turn it off for a session, But once i put the machine to sleep or re-boot or turn it on again after shutting it off, Filter keys turn back up automatically.

    Since I go to different forums to post and all, Formatting text there is difficult without filter keys turned off.

    submitted by /u/RedRage10
    [link] [comments]

    Problem when I update from Win7 to Win10

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:24 AM PDT

    When I try to update my Windows 7 to Windows 10 it tells me to write a Win10 key, my Win7 is original, activated and I have the key.

    submitted by /u/KeDreJXD
    [link] [comments]

    Missing services for Windows R2 2012?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:18 AM PDT

    Hi all, I cant seem to find the following services

    HomeGroup Listener

    HomeGroup Provider

    Infrared monitor service

    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

    Windows Mobile Hotspot Service

    Are they just for Windows 10 or did an update remove/rename them?

    submitted by /u/edwin989
    [link] [comments]

    Fatal error C00000022/BitLocker Key lost

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    Fatal error C00000022/BitLocker Key lost

    Anybody know how to fix this nasty Fatal error C0000022? Reimaging the computer is not an option, I need some data for the user. I can't get into Safe Mode and do nothing in the recovery menu because the Bitlocker key never pushed to AD.

    Tried so much crap but the Bitlocker is tough. The OS doesnt boot, is there any way to tell Windows to skip applying those updates upon boot and just move forward?

    https://i.redd.it/rb1ws0xsy0p11.jpg

    submitted by /u/tdhdude22
    [link] [comments]

    Screen mirroring with MS display adapter from laptop to TV doesnt fit screen

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:26 AM PDT

    Update: I solved the below problem by following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISiw4V3o8fo

    I recently purchased a MS display adapter to mirror my pc to my tv, it works perfectly except for the fact that what is displayed on my tv doesn't fit onto my TV correctly, the image is much smaller on my TV, any idea how I can fix this?

    they both are set to the same resolution, take a look at the following picture to see what I mean https://imgur.com/a/kqwyqa2

    submitted by /u/mediumblock
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel