• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, September 27, 2018

    Laptops What kind of specs do i need to play world of warcraft on 60 fps?

    Laptops What kind of specs do i need to play world of warcraft on 60 fps?


    What kind of specs do i need to play world of warcraft on 60 fps?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 07:15 AM PDT

    Question for razer blade 15 users.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:13 AM PDT

    Im probably going to get the razer blade 15 144hz 1060 max-q and im wondering how you guys who have used the blade for sometime how battery life is and how loud the fans are during idle use? (for example surfing the web)

    edit: is it worth geting the 144hz display if it only have a 1060 max-q gpu?

    submitted by /u/Sn4ko
    [link] [comments]

    September 2018 Best ThinkPad Deals on X1 Carbon, X1 Extreme, and X1 Yoga

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:34 AM PDT

    If you are looking to buy new ThinkPad for yourself or your family then it's the best time to save on best-selling laptops.

    1 - 25% Off X1 Carbon 6th Gen Quickship Laptops (ends September 30, 2018)

    2 - 20% Off X1 Extreme ThinkPad Quick-Ship Laptops (ends September 30, 2018)

    3 - 45% Off ThinkPad X1 Yoga (2nd Gen) Laptop 20JD000TUS (ends October 01, 2018)

    More details and eCoupons here https://imgur.com/Zm5WMC0

    Enjoy savings on the most popular and best-selling Lenovo ThinkPads before these deals ends.

    submitted by /u/lfonlyl
    [link] [comments]

    I think I have been sold a TN display when Amazon advertised an IPS display.

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:19 AM PDT

    Just received my Acer Aspire 5 A515-51-50Y5 which was advertised as having IPS technology. Something just seemed a bit off with the display as I was expecting it to be better than my previous TN laptop and it wasn't. Phoned Acer support who oddly said they could not find the A515-51-50Y5 model. Checked the device manager which said the display name was BOE06BA. Also ran software to identify my laptop's hardware which gave me the prior display name as well as the display model NT156FHM-N41. Googling both these seem to bring up results for TN displays. Oddly though despite acer saying they cannot find my exact model number their website says the A515-51 models come with IPS displays. I'm a bit lost here. I'm far from tech savvy but something seems way off. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sirvonnegut69
    [link] [comments]

    Time To Upgrade Or?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    I have this Acer laptop since 2011, that I need to replace before the charging port gives up. This laptop is 17.3 inch, which a love the screen size mostly for anime rather than work space. I have another Acer laptop (15.6 inch) which I used at school (and home) for school work, but not anymore ever since I was gifted a tablet with a pen. One thing I don't like about this 15 inch laptop is that the fan makes a lot of noise and its very slow at properly loading some pages (youtube for example), and bad a playing streaming videos without buffering every few minutes (I have high speed internet), something I don't remember it being like that. If I factory reset this laptop (always had antivirus running before I stopped using it) would it make it faster or is it not going to help at all and I'm better off buying a new laptop?

    Issues with my main laptop

    • keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth, mic jack, headphone jack, 1/3 USB don't work
    • shell is breaking apart, which I had to tap to fix the BSOD (This me opening it to my usual angle)
    • I need to connect the charger in a certain angle for it to work. This is annoying since I need to move it every time I get up (I keep my laptop on my lap or next to me) or move my laptop around. The charger works fine, its the port.
    • USB ports randomly stops working. Rare, but I had times I had to force shut.
    • Sometimes it shuts down when the screen moves too quickly than normal closing and opening speed

    Specs of my laptop (Also for the 15 inch other one)

    • i5 2430M 2.4GHz (i5 3337U 1.80GHz)
    • 4GB DDR3 (6GB DDR3)
    submitted by /u/TierRed
    [link] [comments]

    New Asus laptop fan constantly starts and stops

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 01:14 PM PDT

    Hi all

    I just received my ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS-E5011T today. Specs are i7-8750, 16gb ram, gtx 1070.

    After booting it up I noticed the fan revs up and down constantly. It spins up for 15s, stops for 15s, spins for 15s... constantly. Even if NOTHING is running, not even a browser.

    Is this normal for a gaming laptop? (I've never owned one before). The task manager doesn't show any intensive processes.

    During idle, the CPU is around 41C and the GPU is at 37C

    When I use Asus ROG Gaming center application to set my PC to silent mode, it stays silent for a few minutes, but the CPU and GPU temperatures rise to 45C then the fans start to kick in again anyway.

    submitted by /u/HexagonPrime
    [link] [comments]

    Asus ROG Strix Scar II Review

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:55 PM PDT

    Found Laptop, Horse Shoe, And More Underwater While Exploring The Bottom Of The River! (W/ Dad)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 08:33 PM PDT

    System switches to another GPU whilst unplugged

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 10:14 AM PDT

    Hey, here's my specs

    Dell Inspiron G5

    i5-8300H 2,30Ghz up to 4Ghz

    GTX Nvidia 1050ti 4gb

    8gb ram and an SSD,

    And so I was looking for fixes, cause I noticed that a lot of my games get FPS capped to 30 when i unplug my laptop, I have no performance issues what so ever when I'm plugged but when I pull the charger off, the performance is many times worse.

    After digging around however and trying to wiggle some settings with NVIDIA and switching powerplans, which proved to not affect anything, I noticed that I have another graphics driver, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630.

    So, if this is the case how could I use my Nvidia gpu when unplugged?

    EDIT: games and programs still seem to be displayed in the GPU activity icon when I pull the plug, I'm not sure what's going on.

    submitted by /u/sinkins_
    [link] [comments]

    Help recommend a laptop for study/light gaming

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:14 AM PDT

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:*\*

    -Singapore, ~2k SGD (roughly 1.5k USD)-

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.*\*

    Good battery life + decent specs.

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?*\*

    Prefer something relatively lightweight (<2kg)

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.*\*

    Windows only

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size?*\*

    around 14"-15"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.*\*

    Light gaming. Football manager/DOTA/Steam games etc

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?*\*

    As above

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?*\*

    Reliable build quality

    User friendly keyboard

    Decent warranty/after sales support

    * **Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.*\*

    Specs i'm looking for:Processor: 8th Gen i7RAM: 2x 8GB / 16GB512GB SSDDedicated Graphics Card preferred

    Currently I'm looking at:

    • Thinkpad T480/L480
    • Asus Zenbook 14
    • Aftershock Apex 15
    • Acer Swift 3/5
    • Predator Helios 300

    Love to hear your opinion about the above choices

    submitted by /u/finalkian
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a new job. Best laptop under $1k (us)

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $1,000 USA

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Not terribly important

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. At least 15.6

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. No games. Will be a business computer running excel and cloud based programs. Tech related job, heavier workloads

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/a

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Don't need many extras. Good keyboard would be nice but not mandatory. I use an external mouse. Needs enough ports (usb and video). Will be using at least one external monitor when home.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Starting a "consulting / solution architect" job. Little bit of travel (don't really care about size though), somewhat heavy workloads. Need a big (screen size) and powerful comp that does the basics well. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Scurvy882
    [link] [comments]

    New job in 10 days, UK laptop recommendations?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on a laptop available in the UK before my new job begins on 8th October. I've eyeballed a couple of gaming laptops, but honestly, I'm no expert on the matter, so could anybody suggest something suitable for my new job?

    I'll be working 100% remotely, running a local dev environment, an RDM for remoting into multiple servers, visual studio, Adobe CC suite, Skype, email clients and a web browser (with a bunch of resource heavy SaaS sites open) probably simultaneously, dual screens, all day.

    My new boss has left it up to me to find something, and although I'm not aware of a budget, I don't want to go for something mad-pricey, at least without being clued up on why it's appropriate. Don't want to great things off to a crusty start.

    Oh and I'd rather not work on Macs. I've never really got on with them.

    If there's a model about that someone could recommend that I could order for delivery our even swing by the ship's to get, that'd be brill. Otherwise, a steer on hardware would go a long way, not built a machine for almost 10 years.

    Thank you in advance for any wisdom anyone is happy to share. I love Reddit x

    submitted by /u/whattheactualdoge
    [link] [comments]

    Question about macbooks and macOS... (and windows and Surface)

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 06:46 PM PDT

    You know when people say that one of the main selling point of the macbooks is macOS and how its greatly optimized for macbooks? Well... Wouldn't Microsoft do the same with Windows and their surface devices? And nobody seems to be talking about this so I guess... Microsoft doesn't optimize Windows for surface? I'm still trying to understand the prices of macbooks and macOS vs Windows... I know this is kinda confusing but I'm kinda lost... EDIT: to make it less confusing, the main point is: Does Microsoft optimize Windows for their surface devices? If so, why don't people talk about it like how people talk about macOS and macbooks... If not, why not?

    submitted by /u/1TerabyteOfGold
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 Best 13 Inch Laptops - Best Guide to Buy Portable Laptops

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 09:37 PM PDT

    Best cheap student laptop ?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 12:46 AM PDT

    What's the best cheap laptop like 300$ or lower ?

    submitted by /u/XenologicX
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop selection advice

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 09:59 PM PDT

    http://prntscr.com/kz814z

    Just wondering if this is a good deal? They have the exact same laptop with the same specs for only $500 USD, however its 17.3" which would just be too big. I'm looking for a budget laptop for under $600 USD for video editing, web browsing and occasional gaming.

    EDIT: Just found one on amazon for an extra $20 with a GeForce MX150

    submitted by /u/aaronauticalschip
    [link] [comments]

    More Powerful Version of ASUS Vivobook Flip Fanless?

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:12 PM PDT

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-VivoBook-Flip-14-Thin-Light-2-in-1-HD-Touchscreen-Laptop-Intel-Quad-Core-Pentium-N4200-Processor-2-5GHz-4GB-RAM-64GB-EMMC-Storage-Windows-10-Home/56161743

    Fanless is terrific, although the power supply make a noise.

    This laptop runs PDF Exchange without a hitch. 7 different i5 8500 laptops had an issue with blanking out PDF pages, so I'd have to reload the doc.

    This runs everything I need. However, sometimes web pages take some time to load.

    Even so, I' like a little more power than the N4200 provides while still maintaining fanless.

    submitted by /u/fjccommish
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 9560 for $1,211 or £920

    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    Just wondering if you all think this is a good price?

    submitted by /u/willibobdelta
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel