• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, September 28, 2018

    Laptops Created a simple GPU comparing system - what do you think? advise wanted and appreciated

    Laptops Created a simple GPU comparing system - what do you think? advise wanted and appreciated


    Created a simple GPU comparing system - what do you think? advise wanted and appreciated

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:41 AM PDT

    Dell G7 7588 - Review

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:10 PM PDT

    what can i get for 200-250 USD

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:08 AM PDT

    I live in libya (where there is an economic crisis) and i need a laptop for learning to program what specs should i not go below for a used laptop at this price?

    submitted by /u/Personal_Definition
    [link] [comments]

    Bakery Laptop

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    Hello Friends!

    I am not the most Tech Savvy so I have come to you to ask for some advice.

    I own my own Bread bakery and because of the situation I am in I need to have a laptop instead of a Desktop. The problem is I have gone through two laptops in two years because of flour killing the laptops.

    Is there a flour proof laptop? Maybe a laptop that is very durable. I only use a laptop for Quickbooks, Excell, Word, Internet, production scheduling. It would be a work laptop and used for bakery purposes.

    I was thinking of a chrome book but I don't want to spend money on something that might break within a year.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks, Eames.

    submitted by /u/eames001
    [link] [comments]

    Need some Advice! Keep my Zenbook 3 or trade for XPS 13? more in description!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:19 PM PDT

    Hey guys!

    First time posting here. Not sure if this is the right subreddit so if their is one send me that way!

    I traded my gaming pcfor an ASUS Zenbook 3 a few months ago and although I love it the keyboard it just not something I can get used to... Everything else I love about it, the size, the screen, the specs, it's just this damn shallow and cramped keyboard!

    I posted an ad on craigslist and have gotten a few offers but only one has caught my attention so tell me what you guys think. Here are the specs for both comps.

    CURRENT Asus Zenbook 3 12.5 2016

    MODEL: UX390UAK

    I7 7500U

    16GB RAM

    512 Mssd

    ( Not sure what its worth used but it look brand new, no scratches or dents. New they sold for 1599$)

    OFFER: DELL XPS 13 2016

    MODEL: XPS 13 9360

    I5 7200U

    8GB RAM

    256GB SSD

    (Think these went for 1200ish new?)

    So obviously the laptop I have now has much better specs but the beautiful screen the DELL has and more ports/keyboard is what is making me consider this trade.

    I am what i'd consider a power user as I use ADOBE products like Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Light Room, Ecplise, Atom, ect.

    So anyone who has used one or both of these then let me know your thoughts! I told the guy I'd be willing to meet up and check out the computer first hand but I dont wanna waste his or my time if I'd be getting a shit deal.

    I hook up my laptop to monitor and keyboards while all home but I am also on the go a lot so that has to be taken into consideration too.

    Let me know your thoughts!

    Thanks guys.

    EDIT: something else to keep into consideration is resale value. I have a 2013 Macbook pro Retina 13 but the Ex broke the fucking screen and I believe the replacement cost is more then the laptop itself or else I'd keep the Asus for on the go and use the Macbook as my primary. Sad shit :( Loved my Macbook)

    Sorry forall the typos! It's this fucking Zenbook Keyboard! Half the keys don't work unless you click HARD!

    submitted by /u/Zachariath
    [link] [comments]

    Got the new update

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:31 AM PDT

    Does 15.6, Full HD, 100% Adobe RGB screen exists?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:06 PM PDT

    Looking at new laptops now, been using desktops for the last few years and love the color on my monitor which has 99% Adobe RGB coverage.

    Not something I absolutely need but would be very nice to have.

    My question is, is there any 15.6, 1920x1080 laptop screen with 99% or 100% Adobe RGB? Most I have seen are 100% sRGB, and a few 4K with 100% Adobe RGB

    submitted by /u/osssssssx
    [link] [comments]

    Best online store to buy Aero 15w?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:53 AM PDT

    I am in NY and trying to buy Gigabyte aero 15 gtx 1060 version. I know Amazon and newegg. Let me know what site is the best to get this laptop with good return policy.

    Also, let me know if there is any laptop will be released soon with over 120hz, gtx1050ti, and lighter than 2.1kg just like GS65 or Razer 15

    submitted by /u/dhsendhsen11
    [link] [comments]

    I can keep only one. Lenovo y500 i7 3630QM GT650M x2 SLI (2x2GB DDR5) or Asus ROG G550JK i7 4700HQ GT850M 2GB DDR3

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 11:33 AM PDT

    I bought 2 used laptops. Both in perfect condition. I can keep only one of them. Can you advice me wich one is better? So far i tested them in Witcher 3 and on the same settings Asus laptop had 29 FPS and Lenovo had 25 PFS.

    Theoretically 2x GT650M gives 4GB of ram and specification seems overally better but for some reason lesser version of 850M with only 2GB of ram gives better results. Drivers for both were installed correctly.

    COMPARISION on Game Debate

    Its first time i see SLI in action so its possible i had to turn on something i didnt know of and i was actually working on only one card?

    Both Processors are very similar, and both laptops have 8GB of ram. Asus has DVD drive witch i could replace with secondary HDD and Lenovo has no place for second HDD. Cooling on both looks ok. Both have backlit keyboard.

    I would be extremely grateful for any advices or opinions. I am afraid that 2GB of memory on 850M would bottleneck in never games but im not shure if i can expect 2 650M in SLI as one 4GB card.

    submitted by /u/Nandig
    [link] [comments]

    dual channel for ram

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    hi I have a 8gb ram stick in my laptop. I want to go dual channel. question is, can i use 4gb ram in my laptop to utilise the dual channel?

    submitted by /u/sniperloaf
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop testing software

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 01:49 AM PDT

    Hi guys!

    I recently purchased the lenovo legion y530 from the US and will be taking it out of the US permanently where the warranty service is quite shaky. I wanted to ensure all is okay with it before I do so, it won't be in use for a month or so, basically till I get it to India.

    If there is some issue with it I can return it now or get a replacement, but won't be able to do after a month or two.

    What all should I check on my laptop to ensure there's no defects? I've heard of benchmarking software though I don't know any specifcally. What all hardware should I check?

    submitted by /u/Wizdemirider
    [link] [comments]

    Power brick sparked and smelt of burning

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 06:43 AM PDT

    Hiya :3

    So today my power brick sparked and let out that burning smell (oops... >>)

    I presume the brick is now unsafe to use and have unplugged it... Just looking for advice on any other precautions I'd need to take (whether checking the laptop components itself or whatnot).

    Thanks! The laptop was an Asus gl502 vs and luckily it still seemed to work fine. Just the brick went boom >>

    submitted by /u/Fyre_ace
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming with laptop closed

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:29 AM PDT

    I have my laptop closed and connected to my monitor most of the time. When gaming (witcher 3 for example) does it damage my laptop playing games like this. The fans go mad! I'm worried I might be damaging or overheating the components.

    I use a dell xps 15 9570 in case you're wondering.

    submitted by /u/junglemafia123
    [link] [comments]

    Is leaving a laptop plugged in alot of the time for gaming bad for my battery?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    When I come home from work, I often game for a few hours thus leaving my charger plugged in and leaving the battery pretty much topped constantly.

    Is this bad for the battery? When I unplug the framerate usually goes to crap, since the dGPU doesn't activate then and you're left with the Intel HD one.

    I have a Lenovo Legion Y530, so the battery is non-removable. At least from the outside it isn't.

    submitted by /u/iDislikeSn0w
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a laptop

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 08:26 AM PDT

    I'd like to buy a 14" laptop in the price range of 500€-700€. I intend to use it for simple tasks (like email, text editor etc.), programming and video playback. Can you give me any recommendations? What specs should I aim for?

    submitted by /u/Saquous
    [link] [comments]

    For art and sketching, would a 2-in-1, a touchscreen on a non 2-in-1, or a separate drawing tablet be best for learning?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:45 AM PDT

    Been considering buying a 2-in-1 for a while now, but it seems most 2-in-1s with specs I find most interesting for all my other needs seem to be beyond my budget (namely the XPS 2-in-1 with the Radeon Vega, and the HP Spectre with the same specs).

    I had considered one as a means to study digital art and animation with a more intuitive interface. However, I can get a laptop with similar specs to the previously mentioned laptops for far less that have touch screens but are not 2-in-1s. Would something like that be adequate for drawing despite not having tablet modes, or would an external drawing pad be better in that case?

    submitted by /u/sarcasmagasm2
    [link] [comments]

    Help me hunt this laptop for 1000$

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 05:18 AM PDT

    Ive been eyeing the msi prestige ps42 but its above my budget. Ill be happy to buy it as refurbished. Im referring to the core i7 16gb ram model.

    submitted by /u/shanidosebits
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a cheap laptop good for programming, any recommendations are welcome.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:41 AM PDT

    I would be using Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, some web design also. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JocaSexy
    [link] [comments]

    Dell XPS 9570 - 3 moths experience.. Sold and went back to a Macbook pro (2018)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:44 AM PDT

    I have been using Mac since the year 2000. I was fed up with them for high cost and all the restrictions they are putting in their machines (Upgradability, lack of ports, etc). Anyhow I bought the Dell Xps 9570 i7 1080p, and I really wanted to like it..

    Problems that I found

    -The screen Bleeds

    -The speakers are really, really, really rubbish (some smartphones are better)

    -The systems becomes unresponsive 2-3 times a week and crashes, I edit video ( i did all I could in my knowledge to fix this, but didn't manage and most of all, I can't loose al this time on fixing something brand new)

    -Some updates won't automatically update, for example Intel GPU won't upgrade unless you do research and workarounds (there are two very long threads of people trying to fix this). At the end you manage to update it but all this effort and waste of time is ridiculous if you need to get work done. Dell doesn't fix stuff quickly at all. (after the update the audio thing that wasn't working kept on crashing)

    - The wifi needs to be replaced, it's unstable ( ok it's only 20$ to fix this... But why?)

    - Windows randomly makes a notification noise and there is nothing to be found that need your attention.

    -Windows has to many settings and they are all in different places and look differently (not intuitive).

    -ONE of the worst things is the fan noise, they just turn on and off at any time, even when not doing serious work (rendering etc) and are very loud.

    -Build quality, good but when you take a macbook 2018 it's just another level.

    -Trackpad, good but limited and not as good as macbook pro.

    -Scaling for some apps just don't work. Premiere for example can't use Mercury transmit when scaling its on (displaying video full screen).

    - Coil whine noise (sometimes)

    My advise is get a Macbook pro, yes it's more expensive (700€ for me) but you are certain that someone in an office in Cupertino or wherever is monitoring your type of machine and releases updates to fix them in a short time. Dell is completely absent, they probably make too many machines and can't keep up with them all. Windows 10 is a good OS but Dell didn't matched the hardware with its software. So many people complaining on reddit for so many other faults.

    Mac os X it's still a much smoother, solid, pleasant and intuitive OS, especially if you need something that just gets the work done without any major hiccups. The only problem I found with the new Macbook pro is finding a proper dongle, I tried 4 and the only stable one I found is the Charjen Pro (yes it's a hassle but I can live with it). Disclaimer: I'm not an apple fanboy I have a small windows laptop and I'm into Android. But I didn't have a single crash on macbook yet...

    (I'm a filmmaker user)

    Tnxs

    E.

    submitted by /u/Enricox
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with my hp laptop!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 03:11 AM PDT

    When i want to charge my laptop It says its already charging but it isn't i dont know whats wrong with the thing i only got it for like 2 days and its already defect i think

    submitted by /u/Warmanee
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here own Acer Aspire 7?

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 09:07 PM PDT

    Im interesting in buying the 17.3" one with i5 8300h and gtx 1060 but im mainly concerned about overheating issues after 5-6 hours of gaming. If anyone owns this laptop or has any info about this i would really apreciate it, thanks!

    submitted by /u/zfev
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone PM me?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:48 AM PDT

    I need help with my laptop kind of a noob so yeah that's why :/

    submitted by /u/Warmanee
    [link] [comments]

    Consumer Reports now recommends Microsoft Surface laptops -- apart from Surface Go with its 'lag'

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 02:26 AM PDT

    Student in need of a laptop! $1,000 CAD

    Posted: 27 Sep 2018 05:39 PM PDT

    Switching from Mac back to Windows and need a new laptop. Best laptop under $1K (CAD)

    • Total budget and country of purchase: $1,000 Canada
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specifications for money - ideally I'd want good technical specs and thinness. No touchscreens
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? Fairly important
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 13-15 inches
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. No games. Will be a computer running Excel, Stata, PPT, Word, and for browsing
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Don't need many extras. Reliability/longevity would be nice. No touch screens or "2-in-1s".
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I'm switching from a Mac to Windows primarily due to Excel functionality on Windows. I worked in a banking environment over the summer and Excel shortcuts were key - I can't go back to a Mac now for Excel. Nonetheless, I do like the ease of use, navigation gestures, and sleekness of Macs so having that would be nice as well.
    submitted by /u/chantelajay
    [link] [comments]

    Surface go(128gb) vs Macbook Air(128gb)

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 12:16 AM PDT

    Can u list the pros and cons for both . I am unable to decide. I will be using the laptop for programming and web development, probably no heavy use. I am a 3rd year engineering student. And how's the battery life in surface go.

    submitted by /u/vinayjampana
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel