• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, September 24, 2018

    Laptops ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM cooling system

    Laptops ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM cooling system


    ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM cooling system

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:46 AM PDT

    I'm thinking to buy a new gaming laptop:

    ASUS ROG Strix GL703GM-EE063T

    I read that some of these laptops has overheating/noise problems but newer generation has better cooling and fixed this problem.

    Does this model that i found is one of the newer ones with better cooling system?

    submitted by /u/PARAGONIST
    [link] [comments]

    Well built laptop for ~£1000?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:45 AM PDT

    • Total budget and country of purchase: £1000 (I can spend a little more if really goods deal)
    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I prefer good battery life out of the 3
    • How important is weight and thinness to you? I don't mind
    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows (unless you find a great mac deal) (might put Ubuntu on a little partition, but probably not)
    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Im blind in one eye so 15" would be great, 17" too big though
    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I might do a hint of video/photo editing or programming in the future but for the most part no. I wont game on it ever (have a pc)
    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?
    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Don't mind keyboard, I need relatively good build quality, I would like touch screen but not needed, i dont care about a fingerprint reader , i dont need optical drive, i would like at least 2 usb-a ports.
    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Thanks :) xD
    submitted by /u/xPanthxr
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with an old MacBook

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:13 AM PDT

    I bought a new computer, and now have my 2011 Macbook sitting around. The battery needs to be replaced, as well as the charger, then it probably has a few more years of life left in it. What is the best financial option for used laptops. Repair and sell? Sell as it? Ebay? Pawn shop?

    submitted by /u/Groundhog_fog
    [link] [comments]

    Asus GL703VM - What's the best liquid metal compatible with this model's hardware? Is this worth doing?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 01:28 PM PDT

    From what I've read, Conductonaut is REALLY good liquid metal, but I'm not sure how to tell whether it is compatible with my laptop and what all I should apply it to. I'm aware of the risks, mostly. Though I'm uncertain of how safe it is to travel with my laptop on its side (like in a backpack/messenger bag). Is this just a bad idea? I'm not worried about messing up the application, I'm just worried about the LM escaping and destroying the laptop after application. I take this machine with me most places I go on a daily basis. Thanks guys!

    submitted by /u/-Kaneki-
    [link] [comments]

    How do I add an additional SSD to an Acer laptop?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 12:12 PM PDT

    Good Afternoon everyone.

    I am about to pull the trigger on this laptop

    https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-i5-8250U-GeForce-E5-576G-5762/dp/B075FLBJV7/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

    I have a 500GB SSD in my macbook pro (so it has MAC OS on it) that I want to take out and add to the new ACER laptop as a storage drive.

    What are the steps to do this?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/snowdude1026
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a robust, quality-build laptop similar to my HP eliteBook 8760w so i am prepared when it dies

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:32 AM PDT

    The title pretty much says it all. I don't need my laptop for games, but I do want him to be a beast since I intend to run many heavy-duty programs on it such as VMware, Wolfram Mathematica, Fractal Generator etc.

    The other very important factor is that this laptop is easy to open and repair and/or upgrade, change parts. I really love how easily accessible are the internals of my 8760w — this feature has helped me out a lot in the past. So clearly, I prefer fat, powerful and customizable over skinny, light and pretty.

    My old friend is from 2012, but still holding up like a champ, so you can suggest me a model that isn't even out yet or whose price will significantly drop in two years or so, no problem Thank you for your suggestions!

    submitted by /u/smerdjakov_karamazov
    [link] [comments]

    Asus laptop GL503VD-FY140T Notebook

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:12 AM PDT

    Searched online couldnt find the monitor hertz would like to know is it 60/75/120 ?

    submitted by /u/Dizzyooh
    [link] [comments]

    XPS 13 or XPS 15?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 02:07 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of getting either a dell XPS 13 or 15. I am in high school and am currently using a 2012 11 inch MacBook Air. Anything would be an upgrade.

    I do plan on playing games, but the most demanding thing is probably rocket league. I am also doing things with 3D modelling and other things with it.

    I will also be hauling this thing around my school everywhere, so XPS 13 would be significantly easier to have.

    So which should I buy? I'm not allowed a PC. Note: for XPS 13 I could also buy an external GPU later down the line.

    submitted by /u/cofette
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop power button broke

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:16 AM PDT

    Yay or Nay Trade

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:26 AM PDT

    I have an AW 17 R4, 32gb ram, 6820hk, gtx 1070, 4K panel. I was offered a trade for an Oled AW 13 R3 plus $400. Should I do it? Thanks for any input

    submitted by /u/captsponzbpf
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Laptops

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:04 AM PDT

    Im actually quite excited for possible mid range Huawei laptops. Not all of us can afford premium tho. But enough to get us through college.

    submitted by /u/thatgaydudeme
    [link] [comments]

    I'm thinking of getting a Latitude 7390 2-in-1 for .Net Development

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:41 PM PDT

    Is there any reason why I'm making a big mistake or are they any other laptops I should be also considering?

    -Thanks

    submitted by /u/cockneyidiot
    [link] [comments]

    Will an SSD upgrade benefit me?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 04:33 AM PDT

    I have a laptop running on a Intel Celeron N3450 and as storage it has an eMMC with this performance. It has a slot for SSD upgrade (M.2 SATA 2242), but I'm not sure if a proper SSD would make much of a difference considering the slow CPU.

    My workload consists in developing (Visual Studio, JetBrains IDEs, Firefox for Google and SO) and remoting to desktop pc for the heavy stuff.

    submitted by /u/heypika
    [link] [comments]

    Friend can't choose between two gaming laptops

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 04:16 AM PDT

    There are 2 options at hand: MSI GE63 7RC (specs here) and Acer Predator 15 (specs here). She's wondering which one would be better for games like DS3, The Witcher 3 and LOTRO.

    submitted by /u/a-elbereth
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me choose between 2 MSI Laptops!

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:15 AM PDT

    Please help me choose between 2 MSI Laptops!

    Hello! I need a computer that can handle render video from Adobe Premiere & After Effects, plus run games like Diablo 3 and Overwatch well. My budget is $1200-$1300. I found these two.

    MSI NVIDIA 17.3 In. i7-8750H up to 4.1GHz 16GB RAM 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD

    https://i.redd.it/clkedrkjw5o11.png

    MSI Pro-1264 15.6 in. Intel i7-7700HQ 3.8GHz 16GB DDR4 1TB+256GB SSD Notebook

    https://i.redd.it/z28ccvblw5o11.png

    I see the the GTX1060 out performs the GTX1050-TI on benchmarks, but the i-7700 is worse than the i-8750. Which do you think is better?

    submitted by /u/uhhnox
    [link] [comments]

    Xps 13 vs Zenbook S

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 01:13 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    I used a latitude for 8 years and it's time to get something new as I'm finally having issues with it.

    I want an all-rounder laptop for personal use (have a x1 carbon for work). Basically 80% surfing, 10% office, 10% light gaming and others.

    What I need is something powerful and light, that I can use on bed most of the time. For gaming I'd be planning to add an egpu in the near future, not urgent.

    I have flexible budget but don't want to throw money from the window. Hence, willing to pay for future proofing. Also willing to pay for sometching that has a nice design, and keyboard that doesn't give headaches. Specs I have in mind are i7 kabylake or latest, 16gb ram, 256ssd, FHD. Tbt3 is must. Don't care about other connections.

    I am hesitating between the xps 13, which seems to be the champion on the internet, or the asus zenbook S, which can be quite cheaper and higher spec.

    Looking forward to have advices from here!

    My views :

    Xps 13:

    +Pros: seems to be a good all rounder, has 4pcie channels for the egpu, design is ok

    +Cons: can't configure a 16Gb ram where I live. Quite expensive, ~200USD more than the asus with lower specs

    Zenbook S:

    +Pros: much cheaper where I live and higher 2x specs, I can get it with 16GB ram, 512Gb SSD for cheaper. The dell is limited to 8gb and 256gb. I don't care about ssd at all but am concerned about limited ram in the future.

    +Cons: not fan of the hinge since you can't open it flat, may not be convenient on bed. Not sure if keyboard, track pad, screen etc are as good as Dell. Warranty probably not as good as dell's.

    One alternative is to buy the xps from abroad (e.g US) then I can configure 16gb ram, and that actually would be cheaper. Assuming warranty is global.

    Please help!!

    submitted by /u/Stump007
    [link] [comments]

    Lenovo Shuts Down Randomly After Reapplying Thermal Compound.

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    My Lenovo Laptop was over-heating so badly that I had to keep it over an air vent all summer. 2 weeks ago I disassembled it and cleaned and reapplied thermal compound to the GPU and both CPU cores. After reassembling it, it doesn't over-heat, but it is slower in some aspects. I can't play youtube videos in 1080 without slowdown. It will just turn itself off now, and the temperature has never been over 70 C when that happens. I'm not sure what to do. My theory was something to do with the GPU, because of the video problem and the fact that I can't monitor my GPU temp. Perhaps I applied too much or too little to it? Thoughts and solutions?

    submitted by /u/FHeika
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Matebook D?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 06:24 PM PDT

    I just bought the Huawei Matebook D from Walmart (US) and found out after I bought it that some people from CIA/NSA/etc are recommending against it because it's a Chinese company and untrustworthy. I've only heard good things about the laptop itself, but that and the fact that Huawei isn't a huge company in the US and the laptop looks like a MacBook ripoff is kind of turning me off from using it. Does anyone have experience with Huawei's products, or has anyone have an opinion on the company itself? I'll have to admit I do get pretty paranoid and need reassurance on this stuff

    submitted by /u/strangelk
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on the Acer Aspire R 15?

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 09:54 PM PDT

    Been searching for a new laptop for a few weeks now for basic use as well as light video editing and maybe light gaming for around $600-700 with a good graphics card and SSD, and all roads seemed to have led me to either the Acer Aspire 5 or the Asus Vivobook, but I recently came across the 2-in-1 Acer Aspire R 15 which seems to have a better screen and nicer keyboard.

    Anyone have any info/feedback on this one or how it compares to the other Acers/Asus' in the same category? Thanks so much.

    submitted by /u/Darkshadow78
    [link] [comments]

    Acer Nitro 5 installing storage question!

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:25 PM PDT

    Hi so I bought an Acer Nitro 5 256 SSD model, and I found out you can add space via a door on the bottom cool. My issue is, people say that you can lose your OS and stuff from formatting a new SSD/HDD. I wanted to know what that means and how I can avoid it?

    submitted by /u/acidman390
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop GPU is dead help!

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 08:15 PM PDT

    since my gpu is dead the screen became black so i thought of changing from dedicated to integrated gpuso is it possible?couldn't find anything related

    submitted by /u/MandoSora
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a laptop

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 07:58 PM PDT

    I am looking for a laptop that I can use for programing, school work, and light gaming, it needs a thunderbolt 3 port and under 800$. Any suggestions or other advice would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Ben25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel