• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, September 29, 2018

    I'm a network engineer!!! Networking

    I'm a network engineer!!! Networking


    I'm a network engineer!!!

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    Been working in healthcare for the past 13 years and was able to score a job as a network engineer. I'm so proud to wear that title and just wanted to brag a little bit. Have a great weekend!

    submitted by /u/sliderkb2
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an APC AR3140 Without Accessories, Wondering What Else I Might Then Need

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:26 AM PDT

    I'm buying an APC AR3140 that was being sold without accessories (cabinet and keys only) and after a few questions to the seller I'm not too concerned because of how great the price appears to be, but it made me wonder...what exactly are the accessories that would have been included new in box? Are there any I would absolutely need? Are there any I'd probably want to buy anyway? Etc.

    Given that I know nothing about racks, any advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Saveworkideas
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone at Splunk’s Conf this week?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 08:00 AM PDT

    Who is hanging with Goofy in Orlando this week?

    submitted by /u/the-packet-thrower
    [link] [comments]

    GLBP?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 01:00 PM PDT

    So I have inherited a few networks now - and the most current one alternates HSRP groups between VLANs to load balance between routers.

    I know what GLBP aims to do, but per my experience thus far it is almost a bad word...

    Do people actually use GLBP in the wild?

    submitted by /u/davis-sean
    [link] [comments]

    Telegram bypasses Sophos

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 11:46 AM PDT

    My college has sophos UTM installed. No vpns seem to work. It's an engineering college and they have blocked access to sites like stackoverflow. The maximum file download size is 150 mb. However Telegram do not need signing in at the captive portal. No download restrictions either. How does it do that ?

    submitted by /u/amaljossy
    [link] [comments]

    So is it just me? Or did my SSL cert reseller's site just go off line due to an expired SSL cert?

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:18 PM PDT

    On Premise DSL

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 10:19 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of a good way to re-use single twisted pair phone cabling for near gigabit Ethernet speeds?

    I would love to be able to use g.fast technology over existing analog phone lines, in a sort of "on premise" dsl situation, for a customer of mine that has a really robust analog phone network between closely connected buildings, but doesn't want to re-run cabling.

    I imagine that you could just us a G.fast DSLAM and CPEs, but if there was just a point-to-point G.fast bridge of sorts, that would solve the specific issue I am thinking of.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/crankynetadmin
    [link] [comments]

    Joining Equinix - Any gotchas?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 09:29 AM PDT

    I'm looking at connecting into the 350 E Cermak center. I'm going to buy dual transport from two carriers, since I'm about 170 miles away with how the crow flies.

    Was curious if there's anything I should be looking out for as a gotcha? I'm going to be xconnecting some dedicated circuits, wanting to drop into the IX, and getting dual legs in (Maybe one carrier depending on price buying separate waves, but trying to get two different carriers). From what I read, I'd need a full rack to connect into the IX, since they won't let you with a half or less? There's nothing on their site of requirements or anything of the sort though.

    Any obvious things I'm overlooking? I'm in a smaller datacenters with a smaller regional IX, so upgrading to the big boy league is a bit intimidating for the costs involved.

    submitted by /u/Fhajad
    [link] [comments]

    Imaging/Cloning Computers

    Posted: 29 Sep 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I am needing to image/clone computers. How can I do this? any ideas? I've tried clonezilla and it did not work. If someone could give me a better tutorial on clonzilla that would be an option. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/larsonthekidrs
    [link] [comments]

    Help Choosing A Router

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 09:26 PM PDT

    Let me premise, we are a mid-size production services company offering services in broadcasting, live event production, and film/television production. Some of the data we hold is wildly sensitive, and we utilize end to end encryption, disabling USB drives on edit bays, strict group policies, all the fun stuff to ensure nothing leaves this facility, and ensuring that nobody sees anything they are not permitted to.

    That being said,

    I need a low power router, hydro is expensive here, and our machine room is running out of power, I wanna keep it under 150w here so please no retired Cisco beasts that require their own 3 phase connection just to idle.

    Router will be taking a gigabit WAN, with multiple VLANs, lots of very high bandwidth inter VLAN traffic on layer 2 switches (storage servers that are currently 4 gigabit LACP/LAGG but will become 10g in the future on one vlan, with multiple gigabit or in the future 10g storage server clients on a different VLAN), QOS for multiple VOIP SIPs.

    I know my needs are a little intensive, if and when the storage server becomes 10g, and all the clients to said server become 10g, I will need to be able to place a firewall between the storage arrays and the clients, as the data on the servers is sometimes highly sensitive, but being a post production facility, the bandwidth for editing 4k+ footage in real time is a genuine need to our online suites, so I can't have any bottlenecks.

    Now the real kicker, we have very little budget for this. I considered a poweredge r210 w/ pfSense, MicroTik RB3011, but with this 10g requirement looming over me, I am fearing that I may not be able to place a firewall between the VLANs without causing a serious bottleneck to the 10g network.

    Suggestions? I am not a highly experienced sysadmin, and networking is a big weakness of mine. I am a senior staff member who has some IT skills so I may be doing some things wrong here, but its what the budget permits, and I know I'm gonna get a million responses saying "hire a professional" "you cant risk the lawsuit of data loss" and all that and I know, but at the end of the day its not my call, and I've tried, so your really wasting your breath.

    submitted by /u/xtoolbearx
    [link] [comments]

    Network firewall config recommendation needed - former admin "installed" Sonicwalls but never connected them to network.

    Posted: 28 Sep 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    We recently discovered some tampering in one of our datacenters and realized our former systems/network admin left us in worse shape than we were led to believe - need recommendations on best practices config. I stopped doing network admin back early 90's, so my more contemporary network skills stop at your typical home routers.

    We have two datacenters with multiple public IPs, a Cisco 2800, and a Sonicwall TZ600 in each. Our original layout has the Cisco's providing NAT, the VPN link between the two datacenters, and VPN connectivity for a few clients. We picked up the Sonicwalls about 3 years ago and were under the impression the former admin had installed them, but on a recent trip to the datacenters the owner and I found that they were powered on, but not cabled in.

    The owner is under the impression we can enable some type of 'passthrough' mode in the Sonicwall that would allow him to put them between the datacenter drop and our Cisco, but from what I'm reading it feels like we should be moving the NAT to the Sonicwall, and possibly either eliminate the Cisco or relegate it to working as a switch.

    What is the recommended way to put these into our network?

    submitted by /u/SomeAnonymousAccnt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel