• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, September 24, 2018

    Can I add a google account to email *only*? Android Help

    Can I add a google account to email *only*? Android Help


    Can I add a google account to email *only*?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 08:57 PM PDT

    When I add a google account to my phone (Currently LG G7, but any Android phone or tablet), it shows up in gmail and also the play store (and probably a few other places).

    I have a few email accounts that I ONLY use as email, period. I don't want them ever to show up in the play store app, because I inevitably install an app under the wrong account.

    Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/swordgeek
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Secure Folder notification, any idea what it could be?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:24 PM PDT

    I got a secure folder notification that looked exactly like this (isn't my photo, got it from another person with the same problem), and not thinking right, I clicked on it. When I revealed what was hidden, I saw a bunch of download notifications. I cleared them in a confused state, and I quickly realized something weird was happening. I never use the secure folder, and I only had a few apps in it. I download things very often, so I'm wondering if this is just an odd glitch or if someone possibly phished me? From what I saw, the download names looked similar to some pictures that I downloaded today, but I didn't get a good enough look at them. What could this be?

    submitted by /u/MawSawKaw
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling Animations On an App per App Basis?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:14 PM PDT

    Apps such as Snapchat and Google Docs run way faster with animations turned off (a la Battery Saver) but I don't want to universally turn off animations on my phone or turn on battery saver to achieve this. Is there a way to make it so only certain apps have animations turned off?

    I am on a Moto E4 Plus with Nougat 7.1.1

    submitted by /u/SlickL7690
    [link] [comments]

    Making the switch from iOS to Android and financing my purchase for the next 30 months. Will my new Android still be amazing in 30 months?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:01 PM PDT

    Title says it all. I've been on iPhone with my 6+ for about 4 years give or take.

    Jumping to the Note 9 and wondering if it is 'futureproofed' so it will still be awesome in at least 2.5 years.

    I know you can't see the future but I'd like to hear some opinions on this topic from you seasoned Android vets, or from other former iOS users who have also made the switch.

    submitted by /u/TunaFaceMelt
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to change volume with a gesture?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:45 PM PDT

    My volume button broke. Is there any way to make a gesture to control volume with Tasker or Xposed?

    I saw you can control brightness with status bar swiping in gravitybox, anything similar for volume?

    submitted by /u/Fredol
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to get the one hand mode in my custom rom?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:18 PM PDT

    I'm using cosmicOS, and I tried some xposed modules to get the one hand mode which I'm used too from the nougat rom I used to use. They didn't work and I don't know how to fix code.

    Any one know a way to get the feature in my rom (CosmicOS Oreo) for addison?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_NAKED_CPUS
    [link] [comments]

    (Multiboot) Error 6 upon install of multiboot on a Z Play

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 09:08 PM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong sub, Where else can I try though?

    I'm using TWRP 3.2.1-0 on a Moto Z Play trying to dual flash stock nougat rom

    Here's the full multiboot.log

    https://pastebin.com/5PeTSqmc

    Please help if you can! I bought a JBL mod without thinking that the multiboot would fail. woops

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_NAKED_CPUS
    [link] [comments]

    My Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Suddenly Not Displaying USB Connection When Connected To PC

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 08:30 PM PDT

    i tried uninstalling driver from (device manager), enabling usb debug and changing the usb/data cable too.
    (battery drained in seconds last time i connected to pc using the usb).

    submitted by /u/NaanDhanDa_UngaAppan
    [link] [comments]

    Change lockscreen method (pin to fingerprint) automatically? [S8]

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 08:18 PM PDT

    I know Android has a smartlock feature, where if you're at a particular location or what have you, you can set it to not lock your phone. However I'm looking to set something up to when I'm connected to my wifi, the lockscreen method changes from pin to using my fingerprint. I thought about using tasker for this, but last time I used tasker to set my lock method, the change would disable the encryption on my phone, which I don't want. Is there any known way to do this?

    submitted by /u/na000000000000000000
    [link] [comments]

    Search QR code without app after Google update.

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:51 PM PDT

    Someone may have asked this before, if so I'm sorry for bring this up again. But before this update if you too a picture of a QR code you could hold the gone button to activate Google now, which scanned the qr code and gave you it's link. No need for another app taking up data. My question is after the update Google now doesn't scan the screen your on anymore, so no more searching for images nor QR code scanning. Unless I'm missing something. Am I?

    submitted by /u/Lightning267
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard predictive texts

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 11:51 AM PDT

    So i have predictive texts enabled and it randomly highlights words that are spelt correctly as typos. I then click on what it thinks im typing, which is a completely different word, and retype what i initially typed. Then it corrects itself. Its nothing major but its just annoying

    submitted by /u/0reosaurus
    [link] [comments]

    An app called "Ru.Smarthemes.Invaser" has access to permissions.... how do i find and delete it?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 03:34 PM PDT

    I can't figure out how to find where this app is... i have no idea what it does but it had like 80 permissions to my contacts and phone.... does anyone know anything about it and how i should get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/tokeabow
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to speed up old phone

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:58 PM PDT

    I am to have completely blown out my old S7. Even after a clean factory reset, there's a solid half second delay when I tap the screen for just about anything. I was wondering if there are other steps u should be taking. Is there something that a factory reset doesn't do that would help? I can't root it, unfortunately. It's a snap processor.

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off GPS warnings?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:50 PM PDT

    When I turn GPS off theres some annoying warning sometimes so I was wondering if theres a way to get rid of it?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Lazylion2
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate devices in google backup

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:42 PM PDT

    I saw yesterday that in restore contacts option in Google in the settings app has my device backed up 3 times with the same amount of contacts. I try custom roms from time to time. Sometimes too often so this makes sense except that I can't remove devices from it. If anyone knows how please do tell.

    submitted by /u/honduras_biotope
    [link] [comments]

    [BRICKED] Accidentally flashed redwolf on recovery and boot partitions

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:30 PM PDT

    Yes i am stupid, so i know that i can get around this by flashing a rom but have data that i haven't backed up still on phone.

    I have tried searching for fixes, have flashed a kernel(clarity) but apparently that didn't change anything to the boot partition, then i flashed a boot.img for my specific device which didn't work either and now it is just stuck on boot animation while device gets 45 °C from 29 °C quickly.

    Device-

    Xiaomi Redmi 4x(santoni)-global / Xiaomi Redmi 4(santoni)-indian

    Running on default miui9 firmware.

    Thank You for the help.

    submitted by /u/syaGetaHi
    [link] [comments]

    How to filter search using the Google widget by last year, month, week, or day?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 12:39 PM PDT

    Longtime Android user but stumped by this seemingly simple search tool, how does an Android user filter Google widget search results to only show recent webpages?

    submitted by /u/layshea
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S6 -- reset PIN while logged in

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 12:35 PM PDT

    Hey folks, my work phone is a Galaxy S6 and I have both PIN and fingerprint set up for unlocking. And since I almost never use the PIN, I have now forgotten it. I can unlock the phone just fine with my fingerprint, but due to security settings I need the PIN to make some changes in the settings -- and if the phone restarts I'll need the PIN to unlock it on boot.

    If I go to the security settings, I need to authenticate with said PIN in order to make any changes....such as resetting the PIN. Is there a way for me to get around this and reset the PIN without wiping the whole phone?

    EDIT: Got it resolved. For anyone else searching who finds this, I went to findmymobile.samsung.com, logged in with my Samsung account, and used the Unlock function -- besides letting you into your phone if you can't access it all, this also clears all security methods (PIN, pattern, fingerprints, etc) so that you can set them up again.

    submitted by /u/Ars3nic
    [link] [comments]

    Better notification handling/organization

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 06:28 PM PDT

    I current have the note 9 and the notification organization is overwhelming with so many options per app. Is there any app or way to simplify it it per the whole app and not just the sub categories for the app itself?

    submitted by /u/Jdmoney316
    [link] [comments]

    Can't call, tells me to enable VoLTE

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 10:53 AM PDT

    I have a Huawei mate 10 se. I can not call or text anyone and the phone is telling me to enable VoLTE for normal use. Only problem is, I do not know how to turn VoLTE on or even what it is.

    Edit: I just had to restart my phone to fix it, but thanks for explaining what VoLTE is

    submitted by /u/Srignan
    [link] [comments]

    Meetme is using your phone for mining crypto!

    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 10:48 PM PDT

    So I have a friend who started using meet me and I've noticed on my untangle firewall that there's a lot of request being blocked to his phone from places like coinhive. I did install it on an old phone that I have that has nothing else installed to verify that it was actually coming from the Meet Me app. I also used his account to message dozens of other people and to find out if they've also noticed a huge slow down and very bad battery life when using the app and they all said yes. I'm wondering who exactly can we contact to get this investigated or something because meet me keeps ignoring the dozens of emails that I've sent them requesting information on why they're doing this.

    Here's my log file of web events https://imgur.com/a/uhh1zzK

    submitted by /u/wookieekiller
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get some help with Android VR?

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 07:13 PM PDT

    For my sons birthday I was going to get him a view master but saw a VR headset that looked really cool and figured that would be more fun. Well so far its been a bunch of crap. The first thing we tried was this abyss app and it is just LOADED with ads and is impossible to navigate in any meaningful way. Then I read that theres a discovery vr app, so I got that. it had me install all these add on apps, and now wants to pair with my daydream controller...I dont HAVE daydream controller. Im at a loss. So far this is pretty terrible. I thought it would be all riding in roller coasters and taking 3d tours of aquariums.

    Its the MERGE 360 vr headset and I have a moga controller, that I can pair to the phone but cant seem to use? I really want to know what the good apps are (I dont mind paying a few bucks on an app that doesnt have ads and works), and what I need to make this a fun experience. I hope this isnt some sort of gimmick novelty.

    submitted by /u/GRIMobile
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Still Try To Root? After Soft-Brick

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 06:50 PM PDT

    I recently soft-bricked my S8 from root attempt. And recently unbricked it after scrambling around for info how to unbrick. Fortunately I backed up my data (Thank you all for including this in tutorials).

    But I still want to reattempt, hopefully in a safer way. How should I go about doing that?

    One Click Roots?

    Take this lesson and give up?

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    submitted by /u/Refuil
    [link] [comments]

    Malware issue on my dad's phone

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 08:10 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am far from a techie but my dad came to me needing help, so I am turning to you.

    The phone is a samsung galaxy s7 active on AT&T running android 8.0

    He is constantly getting ads pop up from google chrome from "olpair.com" in his notifications.

    We have tried uninstalling any apps that were downloaded after the pop ups started happening.

    I tried to follow this guide: https://howtoremove.guide/android-malware-removal/

    but found it very difficult because things were not where they said they were. I booted in safe mode and force stopped his internet browser, but could not figure out how to clear cache/data.

    When I googled how to clear cache another source directed me to storage. His storage app crashes every time it is opened regardless of if it is in safe mode or not. I'm not sure if this is the same problem or a second one.

    There are no apps with administrative permissions.

    Are there any options besides a hard reset?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/wethechampyons
    [link] [comments]

    LGV20 HIFI Video audio issues when uploading

    Posted: 24 Sep 2018 06:43 PM PDT

    LGV20 - Recorded video with the HI-FI audio, but whenever I upload it (Instagram, Facebook), or sending it as a message it just sounds like a blast of wind or if I trim it it just becomes muted. Whenever I view it personally however through my gallery, it sounds normal. Not sure how the hell to fix this.

    I have tried clearing the device cache as well as trying a video converter but nothing seems to change this. Is the audio too high quality to upload or send as an MMS?

    submitted by /u/davidcichon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel