• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 23, 2018

    [xpost from /r/TechSupport] - For the past few months, my PC has been locking up once every few days, forcing me to perform a reset. I have been trying to diagnose the software or hardware issue at play and I am running out of ideas Tech Support

    [xpost from /r/TechSupport] - For the past few months, my PC has been locking up once every few days, forcing me to perform a reset. I have been trying to diagnose the software or hardware issue at play and I am running out of ideas Tech Support


    [xpost from /r/TechSupport] - For the past few months, my PC has been locking up once every few days, forcing me to perform a reset. I have been trying to diagnose the software or hardware issue at play and I am running out of ideas

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:27 PM PDT

    My PC's technical specs:

    • Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition 64-Bit
    • CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Black Edition
    • RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR-3 (1866MHz) Kingston HyperX Fury
    • GPU: 2GB Sapphire Radeon R9 270X OC
    • SSD: 256GB OCZ-ARC100
    • HDD: 1TB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-60M2NA0
    • Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 (Socket 942)
    • Optical Drive: ASUS BC-12D2HT Blu-Ray/DVD drive
    • CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo
    • PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power CM BQT L8-CM-430W

    I purchased a gaming PC with the above specs (minus the copy of Windows and the CPU cooler) back in 2015 from Atelco, a German PC retailer. The build quality of the PC wasn't exactly the best and it seemed like the motherboard wasn't properly aligned with the cover plate meaning the ports at the back don't properly line up. It has however been functional for the most part.

    My PC also didn't come with a preinstalled OS and so for that, I purchased a separate copy of Windows 8.1 Home Edition and upgraded to 10 as soon as the free upgrade was available. To me it seemed more logical to go for 10 when it would actually cost me about £20 more to buy a copy of Windows 7 and probably have that auto-updated to 10 anyway...

    I initially only used stock cooling and the CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo was a recent addition due to the PC overheating and powering off on certain games like GTA5 and The Division.

    When the issue started occurring:

    I am unsure of exactly when this began to happen. However, it was around two weeks after I installed the CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 Evo into my PC to solve an aforementioned overheating issue. It was a finicky process to install the new cooler because it was difficult to clip the cooler on top of the CPU properly but I managed to get it on there in the end.

    I can't remember exactly when I purchased the cooler as it was from a local Maplin Electronics store, but I think it was around December 2017.

    Description of the issue:

    The PC randomly locks up and freezes without warning. The fans and internals still sound like they're operating as normal but everything becomes unresponsive. I have tried waiting it out but to no avail. The PC has entirely locked up and the only thing I can do is hit the reset button to reboot my PC.

    This happens regardless of whether I'm playing a video game, watching a video on YouTube, doing a search on Google, leaving my computer idle, etc.

    Another symptom that occurred before I reset my copy of Windows 10 was that the Battle.net Desktop Client would sometimes forget file locations after such a lock-up. All the Blizzard games that were installed to my D:/ (HDD) drive including World of Warcraft, Destiny 2, Hearthstone, etc were forgotten by the client after rebooting and I had to manually locate out the location of the game's executible to reconfigure the client.

    There was also one time when the search bars in Cortana and the Settings menu completely broke and became unresponsive. In that case, I was pretty much forced to reset Windows.

    How often does this issue occur?

    It varies. It used to happen every day, then it happened once a week, and now more recently it happens every 2 days without fail. The only time it crashed after three days in the past six weeks or so was when I spent the whole day running Memtest86. This almost convinces me it's a Windows issue.

    My attempts to fix the problem:

    I have tried multiple solutions in an attempt to fix this problem, including - in no specific order:

    • Switching to Mozilla Firefox. Initially, this only started happening while I was browsing the web on Google Chrome. This however didn't make a difference.

    • Resetting Windows 10 but keeping existing files on my system. I did not do this from external media. I did this after a crash completely screwed up the search functionality and made it impossible to search for anything using Cortana or the search bar in the Settings menu. I did the reset from the Settings screen.

    • Checking the Event Viewer for any error logs. The only message I get is 'the shutdown at TIME occurred unexpectedly.' No error codes, nothing.

    • Changing my Power settings from 'Balanced' to 'Performance' and manually ensuring that my hard drive does not power down after a certain amount of inactivity. At one point this did temporarily fix the issue until the Start menu stopped responding and forcing me to do repairs. Since then, this solution hasn't worked at all.

    • Rebuilding the index to fix Start menu issues. This was something I did after the Start menu refused to open.

    • Repairing Windows 10 from a USB stick - I have tried this twice.

    • Running Memtest86 to check my RAM for errors - single core mode, 3 passes, 7 hours 50 minute scan, no errors.

    • Using Microsoft's built-in utilities to scan my drives for errors. Only once in the past few months were any system files found to be corrupted.

    • Using Seagate Seatools to scan my drives. Both of my drives passed a SMART test and a Short Generic test. The HDD passed the 'Short Drive Self Test' but my SSD stalled at 10% on this one. Having done searches for this issue, it's apparently a drive compatibility issue moreso than an indicator of actual problems.

    • Updating my graphics drivers to the latest version.

    Part of me suspects that the crashes could be due to Windows Update attempting to and failing to install updates; since update attempts seem to partially coincide with these crashes. I have however had frequent problems with installing updates on this PC since the Fall Creators Update.

    I can't tell if this is a hardware issue or Windows 10 being a crock of shit. Freezes like this seem to be quite common on Windows 10 based on Google searches I've done yet none of the proposed solutions seem to do shit.

    What is Event Viewer telling me after a crash?

    After the most recent crash today, these are all the relevant Error logs I could find.

    Error - The previous system shutdown at 19:44:19 on ‎23/‎04/‎2018 was unexpected.

    Critical - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

    Other than that, Event Viewer is telling me jack shit.

    submitted by /u/Clbull
    [link] [comments]

    Need help my monitour quality changed by itself !

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 11:40 AM PDT

    I was using my pc and suddenly text looked different it was less sharp and i felt monitour become less sharp more blurry i look at the setting they where the same i tried increasing sharpness i rewired the monitor thinking maybe it's the cable was not set right, checked the graphic card it work normal checked every driver also all of them are update don't know what the problem looked in google youtube didn't find help photo

    submitted by /u/modestsmets
    [link] [comments]

    i have like 100 processes running in task manager, i dont know why, and i dont know wh ich ones to delete, or how?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:41 PM PDT

    i tried msconfig, unchecking startup hidings, hiding microsoft services and everything, and i always have like 100 processes running in task manager. ive tried everything this is so weird its never been like this and this cant be normal. im really really afraid something bad will happen to my PC please help me!

    running windows 10, i5 3550 at 3.30 ghz, gtx 970, 16 gb ddr3 ram.

    pictures below:

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/KorruptAkt/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMzMxMzc0MTk=/?ref=

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s96.photobucket.com/user/KorruptAkt/media/Capture2_zpswh7fcxxb.jpg.html?sort=2&o=20

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/KorruptAkt/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMzMxMzc0MjE=/?ref=

    submitted by /u/clydeskorner
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 problem

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 01:50 AM PDT

    Hello everybody, Here is my case, so the PC is used by my parents and they complained about some kind of a booting problem (chkdsk checking file system on c) to be specific. I booted a new windows 7 clean formatted the disk and the problem still occured. My next course of action was to enter under safe mode, open cmd and type " chkdsk /r " after that rebooted checked the disk it displayed disk is clean , after that the usual windows logo and blue screen. The pc automaticly rebooted started windows to desktop but a frozen one (indicates only mouse movement) Any ideas are welcomed, thanks for your time.

    submitted by /u/Truesdale2353
    [link] [comments]

    Can't start up new PC

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:43 PM PDT

    i7-8700k , Asus ROG Maximus X Hero , 16 GB TridentZ Ram

    Managed to get everything to turn on but keep getting these error code : 99 .

    I have tried to disconnect everything and reconnect it, can't seem to find no way to get past this error code. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/xxrandom_heroxx
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel