• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, April 18, 2018

    [WINDOWS] If I use the Windows 10 reset option, will it reinstall the drivers automatically ? Tech Support

    [WINDOWS] If I use the Windows 10 reset option, will it reinstall the drivers automatically ? Tech Support


    [WINDOWS] If I use the Windows 10 reset option, will it reinstall the drivers automatically ?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:13 PM PDT

    My PC is an acer, the only thing i added was a 1050 TI, im pretty sure i will have to reinstall the drivers for the GPU, however will the drivers for the Wifi, soundcard etc everything be installed automatically ?

    submitted by /u/YouuCantSeeMe
    [link] [comments]

    What does "Braswell" mean in HP graphic drivers?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:06 PM PDT

    I am looking to update my Intel HD graphics 5500 driver, but there seem to be 2 potential updates for my driver. On the intel website one that says its for Braswell 4th and 5th generation, while another simply says its for 4th and 5th generation. I do know my HP pc is a 5th gen but what does Braswell have to do with this.

    Link to downloadable updates from Intel

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86210/Intel-HD-Graphics-5500

    submitted by /u/pro_nage
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to physically lower a laptop fan noise?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:40 AM PDT

    I have this temporary laptop that I use until I have enough money to buy a new one and the CPU fan is really noisy. To the point where whenever I turn it on people get annoyed by it. I've been looking for ways to slow it down but it is locked at a constant RPM. There are no controls in the BIOS, I have tried 3rd party software, nothing works so my last resort is to physically quiet it. Are there any ways to do this?

    submitted by /u/SpacyCoffee101
    [link] [comments]

    PC reboots while gaming.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 01:01 AM PDT

    Upgraded my GPU from a 750 Ti to a 1080 Ti back in January and have been having issues with PC rebooting ever since. I've taken it to a repair shop and they said everything looked fine except for bad sectors on my HDD, so they replaced it and charged ~$200 all up. Did absolutely nothing to fix my computer. Everything's plugged in correctly and drivers are up to date. I made sure to remove my previous drivers before installing the new card. I can play new games on lower settings and some older games on higher settings without it rebooting. Strangely, sometimes I can play certain games for as long as I want and then one day it'll just reboot. When it reboots it's as if someone pulled the plug on the computer and immediately plugged it back in. My specs are as follows:

    • CPU: Intel Core i5-4690
    • 8GB RAM
    • GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
    • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
    • Power Supply: Corsair CX750

    Running Windows 10 Pro if that's of any relevance.

    Any help is much appreciated. I'm getting sick of being unable to play a lot of my games.

    submitted by /u/potadahead
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my $4.99 mouse about 1 inch and it's movement is inverted. I have it apart, everything looks solid, the chip is KA8 and the only data I can find is in Chinese. Anyone know if the chip is just dead, or can I fix this thing?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    Is it possibly a bad solder connection I can't find? Or is the chip itself broken? Appreciate any input, thanks.

    Edit: Here is the chip model

    The mouse is just a cheap one from Ebay same as this

    submitted by /u/badadvice4all
    [link] [comments]

    Can I charge this laptop from UK in Sweden if I replace the power cord for the charger or if I get a traveling adapter?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:06 AM PDT

    So I am thinking of buying this laptop: https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-8750H#kf

    But thing is I spoke to the support and they said they won't release this in Sweden. So I am thinking that once this laptop gets onto the UK amazon. I will order it from there.

    However there's one tiny problem. What about the charger? Dose it have a detachable power cord and if so can I just replace that power cord with a Swedish one? Or do I have to get one of those traveling adapters for it?

    submitted by /u/warmerspy
    [link] [comments]

    Restoring permanently deleted files on Windows 7?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 12:51 AM PDT

    I am SO angry and upset with myself. While trying to back up some very important and sentimental photos, I was an idiot, thought I had moved all the folders to my flashdrive, then deleted the old files that were clogging up my desktop computer's drive... only to realize I had not in fact backed up one of the folders.

    My desktop runs Windows 7 and does not have access to the internet. I've tried to use the "restore previous version" trick, but for some reason, my desktop doesn't give me that option. I'm afraid to do much else for fear that I might make matters worse.

    Should I just go through the stages of grief and try to accept that those photos are gone forever? Or can I still get them back? Please help!! :'(

    submitted by /u/Aucielis
    [link] [comments]

    GPT and MBR ?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:24 AM PDT

    Tried to Dual Boot my Laptop with windows 10 and 7 Preinstalled with win 10. Initially was in UEFI but win 7 Bootable USB drive was not read by my PC after changing BIOS mode to legacy, win 7 logo appeared and after some steps at drive seletion an error came up "GPT drive is not supported...".

    submitted by /u/trickyTrickster321
    [link] [comments]

    Ccleaner fake ?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:24 AM PDT

    I go to update Ccleaner from the app on my laptop and it takes me to a ccleaner.com but it has no https in front. Than i search ccleaner on google and it takes me to the https site. Are these 2 different sites ?

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    QR Codes - Where are the master databases? Can I register my own codes?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:44 AM PDT

    I'm looking into using QR codes for a website reference and I'm finding it difficult to find information about the QR code back-end where are QR codes registered? When I scan a code with my phone where is the master database that translate the code into a URL?

    Is there a vendor of QR codes that can be trusted not to scan my customers data as they pass the link through to my website? Or is there a way I can generate and register my own QR codes so they aren't going through an un-trusted 3rd party?

    Thank you for your responses.

    Edit: Thanks for the helpful responses. I didn't realize the information was directly encoded in the code itself. Very cool and very helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/krason7
    [link] [comments]

    Graphic designer Upgrading my HP Pavilion. Tips please? :)

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 02:15 AM PDT

    I'm a graphic designer/videographer and I use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere for my job. I have an HP Pavilion, and it runs my editing software VERY slowly. I need some tips on upgrading my graphics card, and possibly other stuff so I can use those apps as smoothly as possible. I'd like some tips on what to start with, what products/cards/chips can use to upgrade my PC, etc.

    Anything helps! Thanks!

    Specs: Processor - Intel Core i5-7200 CPU @2.50GHz 2.71 GHz RAM - 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable) System Type (64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    Edition - Windows 10 Home Version - 1709 Build - 16299.309

    submitted by /u/s0up3y
    [link] [comments]

    How do I download the free student version of Microsoft Office 365 to my laptop?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:05 PM PDT

    I have a brand new Dell laptop. The Microsoft website says I can get 365 for free, and I signed up with my university email and logged in, but it was just a web browser version of Excel and Word. When I opened up the Excel app that my computer came with and signed in with the same login credentials, it was a read only version that won't let me edit files. I desperately need this to do assignments and can't afford to pay if I can get the free version. What am I doing wrong? Also, I'm extremely tech illiterate when it comes to anything other than an Ipad, so please take this into account and explain like I'm 5.

    submitted by /u/psilocindream
    [link] [comments]

    Network drivers literally gone (??)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:09 PM PDT

    I know nothing about computers, just a heads up

    Basically my computer didn't have internet and it said the reason was lack of properly installed network adapter, which is weird bc it was just fine literally last night. Went to update drivers and they're/it's just gone. Just poof. I need my fuckass computer to work, please help. I literally wiped my computer and reinstalled the motherboard bullshit that was SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE DRIVERS ON THEM and still nothing !!!!!

    lack of network adapter

    submitted by /u/garbageboob
    [link] [comments]

    Can't install Windows 10 Home instead of Windows 10 S

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 11:20 PM PDT

    My sister's Surface laptop updated and wiped everything and reinstalled 10 S. It's the most garbage OS I've ever seen. You can't even download Microsoft programs that aren't on the Windows Store. Basically it's like having a Symbian phone in 2009.

    Last time I installed 10 Home over 10 S I just used a bootable USB drive like any other PC. Now whenever I try it the install goes like normal but as it restarts to finalize the installation Windows 10 S jumps in and installs itself.

    I've deleted all the partitions and created a new one for 10 Home but that still gets replaced with 10 S.

    How do I completely remove this cancer of an OS completely and install Windows 10 Home?

    EDIT: I feel like I should flair this as malware.

    submitted by /u/Smump
    [link] [comments]

    broken keyboard

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 11:14 PM PDT

    It pressed multiple keys twice, usually g,d, or similar. Membrane keys, and not very old. I don't want to buy a new one, because it will have the same problem.

    submitted by /u/ToadyCody
    [link] [comments]

    I found this old motherboard or something, What is it?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    Laptop causes internet to disconnect when unlocked.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:07 PM PDT

    Whenever I unlock my macbook after it has been asleep for a while and try to use safari/chrome it causes my internet to go out. I lose wifi on my phone as well. My desktop computer also loses its internet connection (wired).

    I tried resetting my router and it temporarily solved the issue but after a while it started to occur again.

    The internet turns back on without me doing anything in less than 5 minutes after the disconnect.

    Thanks for your help.

    submitted by /u/Hawksquad
    [link] [comments]

    Will this be good for mid range gaming?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:15 PM PDT

    Specs:

    CPU: Athlon X4 II 3.2Ghz clocked to 3.8Ghz Black edition.

    RAM: 3x4 HyperX savage RED DDR3

    GPU: HD7850 Sapphire eddition 1GB.

    I found it at 150$ price, used.

    I also want to know, what should I be looking for inside the box, to avoid getting scammed.

    I called the seller and he is okay, to give it to me so I can test it for an hour before buying it. For example how do I know if the processor or GPU is faulty etc.

    Games that I plan to play:

    Fortnite

    GTA V

    Dark Souls 2

    Euro truck simulator 2

    League of legends

    World of Warcraft Legion

    Overwatch

    Call of duty WW

    CS:GO

    Software:

    Photoshop CC

    Adobe Premier

    Adobe Illustrator

    Adobe Xd

    Sony Vegas

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/WillingExpert
    [link] [comments]

    SOS: Bluetooth problems

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:57 AM PDT

    So I'm not sure what the usual procedure is here but I thought I'd come here for help. I've had an LG 160W 2.1Ch sound bar for about 4 months, great value speaker by the way. Had no issue with it until I dropped my oneplus 5, once that happened I could pair to the speaker but not connect, I assumed the phone was the issue as everyone else that tried to connect (all with lower end phones) had no issues.

    So I resigned to the fact that I couldn't use my oneplus 5 for playing music until this week I bought the new Huawei P20 pro I couldn't wait to be able to play music again on my sound bar. Alas when I went to connect to the speaker once again I could pair with the device but not connect.

    Does anyone have any ideas on what's going on here, my assumption is that the Bluetooth version of newer or higher end phones isn't compatible with the speaker but surely there must be a way around this?

    TLDR: LG sound bar will pair with all devices but only connect with some, please help

    Edit: sorry for formatting I'm on my phone.

    submitted by /u/MrSimpsonNooo
    [link] [comments]

    Partitioned hard drive is invisible

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:44 AM PDT

    Under computer in file search yet can be accessed, viewed and interacted with by entering it's location (Computer/E:) which makes it visible under a drop down bar on the side view under computer, but remains invisible on the main display and resets after closing the file explorer.

    I have undergone some research into the topic via looking at forums which led me on a wild goose chase with administrative tools and looking at the partitioned hard drive using the computer management tool.

    I'm asking here because this seems to be quite a niche issue as I wasn't really able to find anything online referring to my issue.

    I am using Windows 8 and can provide any other technical information on request, I'm not posting it now as it seems unnecessary regarding the nature of my issue.

    https://imgur.com/LEn90e9 Here is a screenshot of my predicament in case I wasn't clear in explaining the scenario.

    Any help is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/silberscope
    [link] [comments]

    Glowing horizontal line on the bottom of the screen

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:38 AM PDT

    Earlier while watching some youtube vids, the bottom of the screen starts to blur out then it turns glowing white as you can see on this video

    I thought it was my gpu dying so I removed it and boot the pc again and the glowing line still exists.

    Then I tried to turn on the monitor while the pc is off and I realized that the monitor is the problem and not my gpu.

    Is there any fix for this or do I need to buy a new monitor?

    I forgot the exact model of my monitor but the brand name is BenQ

    submitted by /u/FlappyVerb
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix error "Whoops, something went wrong... - Unexpected Error - There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again. - Error Code: M7121-1331-4027"

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:39 PM PDT

    I'm using Chrome

    submitted by /u/ToadyCody
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft support couldn't fix it, maybe reddit will.

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:22 AM PDT

    Hello everyone there's a problem i've been struggling with for the past couple of weeks.

    Last week my audio started making popping and static sound, (this happened after 3 days from a major windows update i did) moments later the audio was gone, there was a red X on my speaker icon.

    I thought it was a simple driver problem downloaded the most recent driver and restarted audio works, for five minutes then same thing happens now i began to notice that even though i installed the correct driver (from the Manufacturer website {asus}) , it stops working after a while and the driver is gone from the device manager. At this point i started trying all i can even did the DPC Latency tests, processing minimum power, legacy drivers full stsystem scan etc... but with no success.

    i contacted microsoft support twice, they mostly did what i have done the first time, the second time they brought a senior technician but again without success, i was told to get my PC to a professional for it to be fixed.

    At this point i was out of solutions, so i thought that perhaps the windows update i did caused all the trouble, so i reverted the update and what an awful decision that was...

    After i restarted the Laptop, my keyboard and mouse stopped working, so it's not hardware related. I rebooted with no success then tried to use an external mouse which worked, important note is that i have a password in the laptop so i can't access it without keyboard so i naturally used a virtual one and logged in my laptop, i go to device manager and there are two yellow exclamation marks on both the mouse and keyboard drivers, now i know that whrn you uninstall drivers windows will reinstall them after u reboot with the Legacy ones so that's what i did, and now i can't access my computer and the external mouse doesn't work anymore.

    Tried safe mode with no luck so I go to advanced trouble shooting using a pendrive i have ready. I try to system restore no restore points are found, I try automatic repair doesnt work, i try startup settings same thing, i wanted to refresh windows or reinstall it without losing files but the option isin't there! i used CMD to check on my files and they are fine, no corruption or anything and they are the most important to me (400 GB of family pictures including my parents that passed away this year, Work files that i will be screwed if i lose etc).

    Then i said screw it let me take it to a "professional" the guy says that the only solution is to format my PC which is not an option for me, he says he may be able to keep most of the files and charges me around 350$ for it so i leave.

    Now all powerfull and mighty lords of the computer i'm asking for help, if you may please help me in fixing my PC without losing my files, i will be forever grateful if you do.

    submitted by /u/medosferos
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to detect mouse in Win98 bypass?

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 03:20 AM PDT

    G'day all,

    I'm trying to get an old PC built in'98 up and running, purely for shits and gigs, but i am running into a problem where it can not detect my mouse. Initially I had it plugged in via USB and it didn't work. I kind of expected this as I imagine USB ports of the time don't put out enough current for mice of today. I went out and purchased a USB to PS/2 adapter thinking it my work; it did not.

    After doing some research online, I learnt that not all mice are compatible with the PS/2 adapter.

    With that aside, I would still like to play around with Windows 98 while i'm waiting for a compatible mouse to arrive, but after boot I get a message complaining about the lack of a mouse. The message appears before the desktop has loaded and until i can "click" on the ok button, it will not continue the boot process. (hitting the Enter, Esc, ctrl+alt+del etc. doesn't work).

    Is there any way I can bypass this error?

    Thanks. :)

    submitted by /u/alexkirwan11
    [link] [comments]

    Asus laptop stopped connecting; wireless adapter "not connected to the computer"

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:38 PM PDT

    So my wife's ASUS notebook (ZenBook UX305CA) randomly decided to stop connecting to the internet today. Can't get on WiFi or even connect thru a phone's hotspot over USB (computer has no Ethernet ports). I did as much software troubleshooting as I could, but nothing seems to work. In Device Manager, the wireless adapter—Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265—says that "this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)." Does this mean the wireless adapter's just gone kaput? If so, is this the kind of thing that can be replaced, or is the laptop just bricked?

    submitted by /u/whatsdylangrillin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel