• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, April 21, 2018

    What Internet Browser Do You Use? Windows Help

    What Internet Browser Do You Use? Windows Help


    What Internet Browser Do You Use?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    If I *manually* disconnect a bluetooth device from Windows 10, Windows should not reconnect to it, often twice or more, when I'm trying to use that it with another device

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:33 AM PDT

    Free screen recording software

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:42 PM PDT

    I've been looking for free screen recording software for years, and have never find anything that works correctly. The closest I've come to having something that does what I want it to do is ScreentoGif, and then saving to video, but for anything longer than like 20 seconds, it generates files several GB in size and corrupts them.

    The next closest is ShareX, but it has two issues: With the default bitrate settings, my videos are like 2 fps, and when I change the settings, the codec always errors out.

    What can I do?

    Note, that I can tolerate large initial filesizes, because Handbrake seems to do a remarkably good job at compression.

    submitted by /u/TBSchemer
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 - Random assortment of programs no longer opening

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:29 AM PDT

    Since booting this morning I can't open certain programs.

    Word, Excel, Gimp2 among others

    Whenever I do try to open them it gives me the 0xc0000142 warning code, but googling that didn't give me any usable results.

    .docx files still recognize Word as being on my computer and all the actual files are still present in Program Files, it just does not boot.

    It's impossible for me to start every program on the computer, but I think the problem is limited to my SSD. Although some programs on the SSD do still boot.

    Anyone recognize the issue or able to point me in the right direction?

    Edit: After tinkering a bit myself, the problem went away.

    I did an "sfc /scannow" that got stuck at around 50%, then I did "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" then another "sfc scannow" that succeeded. sfc didn't find any issues so it must have been the dism that fixed the problems I think.

    After rebooting after the above steps, all affected programs launch again.

    submitted by /u/The_Incredible_Derp
    [link] [comments]

    Windows stuck in automatic repair

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:20 PM PDT

    Hi my Windows 10 computer is stuck in a loop it says job:\recovery\windowsre\winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt. I can't reset my computer because it says there was a problem and I've tried a few things on YouTube in the command print. I've tried hard resetting multiple times.

    submitted by /u/Lewffy
    [link] [comments]

    Windows appxpackage "does not exist",help?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:01 AM PDT

    Is it possible in File Explorer to select a group of files, then add *another* group of files to the selection?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Obviously you can select a group of files or folders and then continue selecting one file or folder at a time, but I'd like to select by groups. I've never seen this, but it seems like it would be very useful.

    Am I just missing something? Am I crazy? Is doing this possible?

    submitted by /u/HelveticaBOLD
    [link] [comments]

    How can I still install windows vista and use it?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:57 PM PDT

    best OS ever, is there any way I can go back to use it?

    submitted by /u/DogeAndGabbana
    [link] [comments]

    windows bad system???

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:48 PM PDT

    why are there always so many problems i have to troubleshoot? just so many problems. i want to keep it civil but i really need to stress that there are /so many/ problems. it makes me want to yell profanities. are all systems like this? am i just unlucky? i've just had to spend over an hour of my extremely limited lifespan trying to connect to a wireless network because of the last update. in the end i had to reset my network.

    submitted by /u/yun19
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to disable this Windows warning?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:46 PM PDT

    Image

    I've recently installed Win10 updates and now Windows is warning me anytime I open trusted programs like steam or blizzard products (see attached image). More details just tells me how to disable these warnings completely in UAC which I'd rather not do (the slider is already 1 notch above 'off'). I thought usually there is a check box "always trust content from this publisher" but that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Pretty annoying to have this popup every single time I open a new program.

    submitted by /u/RaxZergling
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to get Windows 10 without any crazy privacy-infringing updates/features? I heard it was impossible.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:59 PM PDT

    I've been looking for a Windows 7 laptop with 1+TB, and it's been hard to find for my price range. I love Windows but I value my privacy.

    submitted by /u/0ahu
    [link] [comments]

    did a clean install of win10, but updates not installing.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    I did a clean install of windows 10 and it installed all updates except the ones in the screen shot. I downloaded the 700mb cumulative update standalone but it tells me that the update is already installed. I downloaded and restarted multiple time, but no difference. Any ideas?

    https://imgur.com/a/yaY313G

    submitted by /u/nightcrawler99
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 A Dumb Option

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 04:30 PM PDT

    I'm a soon-to-be convert from Apple - but I vastly prefer Windows 7's simplicity to the UI of Windows 8 and 10.

    After 2020, once support ends, how bad is it to continue using W7? Is it basically a death sentence through viruses?

    submitted by /u/then00breaper
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reactivate input devices?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:12 PM PDT

    I recently deactivated my only working input device (microphone). I would now like to activate it, but I can't find out how.

    submitted by /u/thomasd4nkengine
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth Keyboard needs to be paired every time

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 04:35 AM PDT

    Sometimes I dont want to use my big mechanical Keyboard and switch to my Bluetooth Keyboard.

    But It does not show up in the Notification Panel on Windows for Connection. I have to uninstall the Device and pair it again. This Process is really anoying, and I wonder if theres a solution to this. The Keyboard works also on my Phone with Quick-Connecting.

    Bluetooth Dongle : DIGITUS Bluetooth v4.0

    Bluetooth Keyboard : Rapoo e6700

    submitted by /u/lulZghost_
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 and issues with overlay icons constantly changing/flickering

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 03:32 AM PDT

    Modern set up host?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 04:38 AM PDT

    I just did a few updates in W10 , and now modern set up host is running, using ~15% of the cpu. Should i let it run? Is it doing anything useful right now? I guess it does, but for how long will it last?

    submitted by /u/diman6
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] How to install NeoFetch/Screenfetch on Windows 10?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:58 AM PDT

    Edit: Okay well for those of you Googling this question, lemmie just answer it here because I just found out.

    1. Open a Powershell window as an Admin

    2. Type/copy and paste Install-Module -Name windows-screenfetch

    3. Say "Y" to both

    4. Do Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

    5. Do Import-Module windows-screenfetch

    6. You're done! Type Screenfetch

    submitted by /u/VozyCozyX
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 7 dll problem

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:44 PM PDT

    No matter what program I try to install, it says it doesn't work because of a missing dll. From what i understand, my computer can't properly install dll files.

    I do not know what caused this. I've tried some things:

    -CCleaner to clean temp files and fix registry

    -Default Disk Defragmenter

    -EaseUS Partition Master

    -DLL-Files Fixer (Claimed I had 400 errors and i got it fixed)

    -i did the command prompt scan now command thing, it did detect corrupted files but i can't really understand the cbs.log

    I still can't get any program to install properly. EX: Trying to install BattleNet by blizzard just says "Missing dll file, please reinstall blah blah blah..."

    My conclusion is that I'm missing an important windows system file. Anyone have any clues?

    EDIT: Action center showed me that Problem Event Name: WindowsWcpStoreCorruption

    I uninstalled AVG and everything works on my desktop now. Peace.

    submitted by /u/Ziertus
    [link] [comments]

    Game not installed, only play is listed

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:28 PM PDT

    Recore is not installed, it was and then I did a system restore and now it's not listed as installed on my system, but the Windows store sees it as installed and only says play and won't start up. How can I delete it? I deleted all the files I found left on the system that said recore.

    submitted by /u/lepslair
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel