• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, April 19, 2018

    "Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped." over and over again. Help needed! Android Help

    "Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped." over and over again. Help needed! Android Help


    "Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped." over and over again. Help needed!

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:56 PM PDT

    The error message "Unfortunately, Google Services Framework has stopped." has been popping up up over and over since I turned on my phone today. I click "OK" and it pops up again. Half the time a new one pops up before I can even press it. If I manage to press "OK" I maybe have half of a second to use my screen before a new one comes up. It's mostly showing google services framework has crashed, but sometimes my other apps show up saying they crashed too- walmart, images, play store, ect.

    I use a Droid Turbo and have never had any issues with it before. I haven't installed or uninstalled anything in weeks. Nothing was out of the ordinary except I let my phone battery die last night, so I plugged it in and woke up without it charging. I let it charge for a while and turned it on to this. Any help would be very appreciated!

    Edit: Once and a while it also flashes that android_process_acore has stopped. Any idea what that is?

    submitted by /u/jess32247
    [link] [comments]

    NFC not working with new battery

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 04:13 PM PDT

    Hi, my mom had me order a replacement battery for her Verizon Galaxy S4 and we just received it today. I was testing it and the phone works fine other than the NFC does not work. The seller marketed it as for the I9500/I9505 which is the international model and she has the SCH-i545. Should NFC still work with the phone or should i contact the seller and see what they do about a replacement or refund to look for one marketed for the Verizon variant?

    submitted by /u/Dudefoxlive
    [link] [comments]

    Rooting an S4 SGH-I337 Can anyone help with a how to?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 02:23 PM PDT

    Old Android version without security updates: do bad things actually happen in the real world?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:21 PM PDT

    I'm talking about people that don't install apps outside the Play Store and are not running a rooted device.

    On a PC I know you can get malware via ads. And that there are things like Spectre and Meltdown. But are there any documented cases of this ever happening? This is my first android device and /r/android talks so much about security. The thing is, I don't know anybody who's ever got any data stolen or have malware in their phones, some of them are running Android 6.

    submitted by /u/PeakyFookinBlinders_
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard with shortcuts

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    I liked using the swipe to c and swipe to v to copy and paste features that were available in Swype. But now that Swype has reached end of life and been removed from the Play store, are there any other keyboards that have similar shortcuts?

    submitted by /u/VirginScrewdrivers
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of calendar spam?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:44 PM PDT

    Hi guys. My calendar is filled with spam offers to click links, sometimes they even come with a sound alert. I havent found a solution as in how to get rid of them. They seem to be coming from a single gmail address, but I have no option to block/delete the alerts.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/dubplate89
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding the name of an App.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi! If this is the wrong sub to post on feel free to tell me.

    I recently discovered that Google released an app that teaches you how to code, and it reminded me of a game I used to play. I need help figuring out what the name of this game is.

    From what I remember of this game is you started off obtaining an email, and from there you had to hack your way into some sort of corporation or wherever the email owner worked and went on from there, I remember you had to type certain things like /back or something to go back. It was all text based gameplay if that makes sense. This was back in the day around 2009 2010 or so. And it made me feel like a cool hacker in middle school.

    I've always wanted to play this game again but I don't know what it's called.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jesusestavahere
    [link] [comments]

    Two photos after cropping the original?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:37 PM PDT

    I have a Note 8, all up to date in software, and every time I crop a photo I get the cropped photo and an annoying copy of the original. How do I turn this off if at all possible? I vaugly remember seeing some sort of option pop up 2 years ago when I had first got my old Galaxy s6 saying something along the lines of "Would you like to save original and edited copies" and I clicked yes bc I didnt know what the heck I was doing. How can a change this?

    submitted by /u/Refrigerator_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Computer to Phone, photos uploading insanely slow?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:50 PM PDT

    As the title describes, I'm trying to upload photos from my computer onto my new ZTE X Max. They only took about 10 minutes to download, there's about 7,000 in all. I had them in separate folders so things like CopyMyData didn't work as it doesn't copy the actual folders and formats. I'm on the last folder which is like 5,000 strong, the big one, but it is taking literally 5-10 seconds per picture to upload.

    Any idea why this could be? I thought these things usually just breeze through these photos when uploading and downloading...

    submitted by /u/AlmightyApkallu
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Edge app

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:49 PM PDT

    Greetings, fellow Andriod users

    I recently switched to Andriod form the Windows Phone ecosystem, and really loved the Edge browser. The placement of the URL at the bottom was my favourite little detail. Now that I have moved to Andriod (LG Stylo 2 Plus), I downloaded the Edge browser and noticed that the URL is at the top of the screen. Is there an option to place this at the bottom? Is there something that I missed or another browser that might offer this feature?

    I know that this is a minor detail, but I reall liked.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Mikey_Tuna
    [link] [comments]

    Screen is turning purple on Moto Z Play. What preventative measures can I take before everything stops working?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    I've dropped my phone several times without a case. This time, a purple blob appeared on the corner of my phone. It looks like blue ink and it is spreading. What measures do I need to take so I can have full control o my phone on my PC? I want to be able to unlock the phone, control it, and view the screen. Sorry if I missed any details, I'm very rushed and just trying to get things done as soon as possible before everything stops working. Thank you

    This is what my phone looked like 30 minutes ago. It is spreading

    submitted by /u/jc5504
    [link] [comments]

    Surveillance app?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:48 PM PDT

    All, I'm looking for an app, that's sending an e-mail if someone tries to unlock my phone, e.g. trying to guess a pin or cheating the fingerprint sensor.

    Is there any reputable surveillance app?

    Chris

    submitted by /u/chrisredred
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the most out of a OnePlus One in 2018?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 07:16 AM PDT

    How do I text? Ditching Google Voice

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:36 AM PDT

    Might sounds like a strange question but I've used Google Voice since I've had a smartphone with my Droid X back in 2009 or so.

    I used GV because my cell plan always had no texting. I changed things around recently. Bought a Pixel 2 XL and now have unlimited calls/texts on Verizon.

    I absolutely LOVE texting in the web browser with Hangouts/Voice integration. Am I going to lose that? I think Google broke off SMS/Hangouts integration recently.

    should I just use the stock text app on the Pixel? or is there a better option?

    submitted by /u/EveryLivingLine
    [link] [comments]

    SM-G920V Data recovery help needed

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:09 PM PDT

    Greetings, I'm in need of some guidance. I'm trying to recover some photos from a broken phone for a family friend. However I'm not familiar with android .

    Currently the phone boots to a Software Update Failed screen, prompting me to run the Verizon software repair assistant. Problem here is that program wants to delete everything to fix this issue. They have 2 years of photos that of course are not backed up.

    I can get the device into Odin mode, is there any hope of data recovery?

    submitted by /u/agentjrb
    [link] [comments]

    How to boot ZTE B815 into safe mode?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:07 PM PDT

    My fiance's mom's phone has suddenly gotten stuck in a boot loop. I want to try and boot it into safe mode to see if it's a software issue, but I've tried holding down the power button until I see the logo then holding the volume down button to no avail. I can't find any information on Google about this phone, nonetheless how to boot it into safe mode. Can anybody help me?

    submitted by /u/JFD86
    [link] [comments]

    Why are there no image editing apps with a level of control comparable to something like Paint.net?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:06 PM PDT

    All I can find are shitty filter apps.

    submitted by /u/Equivocus
    [link] [comments]

    Which messaging app should I use?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    With the recent announcement of yet another Google messaging program, I'm wondering which messaging app I should use. I don't need anything fancy; I just need basic function and a clean design.

    I have an LG V30 on AT&T with 8.0 if that changes anything

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PancakeMan77
    [link] [comments]

    android is optomizing apps 1 of 1

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 02:37 PM PDT

    So by battery drains super fast at school unless my data and wifi are off so I just decided everyday to Powe my phone off.This worked great until a few days ago I was hit with an Android is optimizing apps 1 of 1.It takes so long for my phone to boot up.It takes like 5-15 minutes and I need a way to make my phone stop doing this whenever I power it up.

    I use a ZTE zmax pro.


    [link] [comments]

    Is reverting to a previous update possible?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    Ever since the oreo update, many of my apps have been broken and while I'm using my phone a lot of errors pop up like appstack stopped working... I'm using a galaxy s8 (the US model) that's originally from sprint but has since been factory unlocked (although I use sprint anyway so there is no point in it being factory unlocked) is there any way I can rollback my phone or flash an older update into it?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/misumii
    [link] [comments]

    My dad got a new phone and were having issues transferring contacts

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 07:50 PM PDT

    His old phone is unusable/completely broken and he ordered a new one. However, when I went to set up the new one, I realized he doesn't have his contacts synced to his google account. Is there a way to recover the old contacts or am I screwed? All his other apps transferred from his old phone when I signed into his google account.

    submitted by /u/_bag24
    [link] [comments]

    Poor Reception with Note 5

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 07:36 PM PDT

    I've had poor reception with my note 5, and previously with a note 3. Verizon has been unable to give me any reason on their end why this may be the case, but assure me it's not on their end (and my friends phones work fine on the same network right next to me). So I have three questions:

    Is this a typical issue with the Note series, or my specific models? Is it the antenna they use?

    Anyone have any ideas on a further fix?

    I'm considering upgrading soon, and while I like the Note overall I can't deal with these issues anymore--are there any phones that are known to have strong reception?

    submitted by /u/Senecaraine
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of this new information on my smartphone?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:11 AM PDT

    From one day to another, this new information appeared on my smartphone on every WiFi connection i connect it. Does anyone know how i get rid of it? (if this isn't the best sub to solve this problem, please point me the best :) )

    https://imgur.com/gallery/st9NA7j

    submitted by /u/djmarkybr
    [link] [comments]

    We received ratings for our unreleased beta app

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:20 AM PDT

    We have an app called Vimage which is currently unreleased, yet we see 166 5 star ratings, and this number grows every day. How can one rate an unreleased app if there's no option for that in Google Play?

    submitted by /u/wpmed92
    [link] [comments]

    Error while trying to open book with overdrive

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:56 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel