• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, April 17, 2018

    OnePlus PSA - OxygenOS 8.1 builds have enabled promotional notifications or emails under settings.

    OnePlus PSA - OxygenOS 8.1 builds have enabled promotional notifications or emails under settings.


    PSA - OxygenOS 8.1 builds have enabled promotional notifications or emails under settings.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:40 AM PDT

    If you want please go ahead and disable it under advanced settings!

    submitted by /u/madnu
    [link] [comments]

    Do not disturb mode does jack shit.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    It still disturbs me with notifaction sounds from apps like messenger. And it's not like you can mute the volume because for some reason they locked of the ability to mute it. I'm really starting to become fed up with oneplus. The direction they are going in is even worse

    submitted by /u/drixix1
    [link] [comments]

    New features in Android 8.1/OOS 5.1.0

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:35 PM PDT

    Problems with 5t after latest OS update

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:36 PM PDT

    I recently did the latest OxygenOS update for my Oneplus 5t. After the update, I got these problems:

    When I uninstall an app, the notification at the top just says uninstalling forever. I think it uninstalls it properly, but only after a while, and only a restart fixes that.

    When installing an app from the play store (even a small one), it finishes downloading quickly and just sits at "13.74/13.74MB" (for example) for about 20 minutes, and then sits at "Installing" for another 10 or so.

    Takes just as long for app updates too.

    Chrome downloads cannot be cancelled after the update either.

    I have tried changing DNS settings, clearing caches of play store and play services, using different WiFi networks or even a different Sim card. I have now done a factory reset and the problem is still there from a fresh start.

    Any help might be appreciated, could be a problem with the update that I can't fix though.

    submitted by /u/PurestFormation
    [link] [comments]

    Potentially switching from HTC.. a little wary. Looking for opinions of OP users.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 11:46 AM PDT

    I'm considering buying my first OnePlus when the 6 comes out - as long as initial reviews look fine.

    A few things I'm wary about that I'd like to ask real users.

    • What is the build quality like? Do OnePlus phones last you a good couple of years generally? As they're a little cheaper in price than big players in the market.. can you tell?

    • What is audio like? I listen to a lot of Spotify and Podcasts via headphone jack on my HTC10. Sound quality is very good. Can I expect the same?

    • Camera seems to be the biggest issue on most reviews of the 5T.. is it really much of an issue? I'm not photographer as such, but I do take photos on holidays etc... Is it going to let me down when I need it with blurry photos?

    • Is Bluetooth stable or buggy? I use this a lot in my car. My HTC10 has a lot of difficulty pairing and connecting with my car most days. Where as my girlfriends Galaxy S7 works first time every time. How do OnePlus devices behave on Bluetooth?

    • Is there anything I haven't mentioned which I should be wary of.. or made you regret buying a OnePlus over say a Samsung/Pixel?..

    Looking for some opinions of real users, any input/discussion would be appreciated!

    Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/DonMojo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to update to 8.x.x?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 04:16 PM PDT

    I'm on a 5T and i remember that there were people that had problems with twrp and magisk when going from 7.x.x to 8.x.x on the 5T. Since the latest official build is out with gestures i want to update from 7.1.1 OOS. Whats my method of updating without risking a bootloop or running into any problems? Do i need to unroot magisk first before doing any flashing?

    submitted by /u/Bamfist
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally ordered two supershieldz glass screen protectors, best joke wins! US only sorry.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:57 AM PDT

    I'll check in and comment throughout the day and will pick best joke at 6pm CST

    • winner has been notified and confirming address
    submitted by /u/OrdinaryFucking
    [link] [comments]

    Franco Kernel vs Blu Spark Kernel for OnePlus 3T?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:52 PM PDT

    Hi!

    What are the differences between each kernel, and which has better battery life and performance? Which one is usually recommended around here?

    Also, do either of them have EAS? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/NateDevCSharp
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6 main camera 16 megapixels confirmed

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:22 PM PDT

    What are your current thoughts about the OnePlus 5T?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 03:04 AM PDT

    1. What do you think should be improved (realistically speaking)?
    2. Are you satisfied in general with the 5T?
    3. Would you upgrade to the OP6?
    4. What should the next phone include in order to think about upgrading?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/RafikiTheWiseBaboon
    [link] [comments]

    Is the new Android 8.1 causing battery issues?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 12:12 PM PDT

    I have OP5T and downloaded the new 8.1 patch today. Three hours ago I had 100% battery, and now it is down to ~65%. Screentime 25min and Android System is taking 24%.

    submitted by /u/Scupo96
    [link] [comments]

    PSA- Your location mode gets switched back to high accuracy if you were previously on battery saver in the recent update

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 06:53 PM PDT

    Going through my settings and i noticed this. Hopefully this helps

    5T = 8.1 Oreo update

    submitted by /u/BlAze_103
    [link] [comments]

    New apps after latest update

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    I just found out that I have new apps installed which I didn't install myself after the new update. The new apps include Folio, Light, Hydrogen Icon Pack.

    submitted by /u/TrumpstaGaming
    [link] [comments]

    5T: Can you turn the finger print sensor in to a home button?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 12:45 PM PDT

    Can you somehow allow the finger print sensor to act like a home button like the home button on the 3T? Any apps that allow you to do this (rooted or unrooted doesn't matter) thanks.

    submitted by /u/MrFreeLiving
    [link] [comments]

    Any news on PA8.1?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:54 AM PDT

    I know the devs hate when you go asking for ETA, but i just want to know if someone here knows how is PA8.1 coming along? I've been checking XDA, Google+ but they haven't been active and i don't use Telegram. I've been running PA on my OP3T for months now and there hasn't been any major problems.

    submitted by /u/Enassi
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus One Camera Still Rocks! :) So glad for it.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    [oneplus 5] Mic doesn't record in most apps, but it works in Google, Camera, Phone, Duo.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 08:10 AM PDT

    I'm not sure if it was like that from the start or happened after an update.

    All recorder apps I tried and Telegram as well record an initial pop sound and then just silence. What's most confusing, Google Now works, I can make phones calls, use Duo and record videos with sound.

    Following random advises I tried to disable Google Now, cleared cache, rebooted etc. but to no result.

    Does anyone have such problem?

    submitted by /u/lcedp
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the default media volume setting on 5.1?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:51 AM PDT

    Mine still changes ringtone volume when i use keys.

    submitted by /u/Juicydicken
    [link] [comments]

    Clarification on the camera app on Lineage OS for OP5?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 12:39 PM PDT

    So the 8.1 update was released today. And i am disappointed. It still looks like Nougat. WTF is up with that quick settings bar? All i read is people complaining about bugs. I'm thinking of finally unlocking the bootloader and getting Lineage. Just have a question about the camera app. I was just checking out the review of LOS 15 for 5T (couldn't find a recent one for 5) and the camera app had a lot of features that i was not expecting in the stock LOS camera app. Portrait mode. Pro mode. I checked a review of the OnePlus 5 Lineage OS but it was from December. And the camera literally had just barebones shooter, video recorder and panorama. This OnePlus 5T review was based on a February build. So does the latest builds for OP5 really come with all these camera features? Should i move on LOS? I've been sticking to OOS just for the camera because i use pro mode a lot. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/alinawazkhan
    [link] [comments]

    New gestures animations

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:33 AM PDT

    I'm pretty happy with these new gestures but my main gripe with them is that the animations don't look nearly as natural as on the iPhone X (I'm mentioning the X because that's the phone that made the gestures popular). Home gesture is the best example in my opinion. Take a look. It doesn't show the main screen icons until it's done closing the app, whereas on the iPhone the icons are shown since the very beginning of the gesture. It makes the gesture much more natural. Moreover, there's only one axis on which the app can move (up or down). On the iPhone it 'flies' wherever you tell it to (so a swipe that isn't straight but a little bit curved will make it 'fly' in the direction of the curve).

    Edit: One more thing I just noticed is that they don't work really well with Pixel's animated wallpapers. The screenshot of the wallpaper that's shown under the app while closing is different than what you actually see when you finish closing it because the wallpaper is constantly changing.

    I may sound a little bit like an iPhone fanboy but it's quite the opposite. My only reason for this post is to hear your opinions and maybe forward it to OnePlus so that they can improve the gestures.

    submitted by /u/GhostCasper
    [link] [comments]

    Notification drawer shortcuts

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 05:05 AM PDT

    In OOS 5.1 when you click the date in the expanded quick settings it opens the clock and the time in quick settings has no action attached to it. Why oneplus? If i tap on a date i want the calendar, if i wanted the clock i would click on the time

    submitted by /u/slaughtermelon55
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 5t tempered glass screen protector ghosting effect(bubbles on the side)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 09:53 AM PDT

    Did anyone has this too?I applied it perfectly with no dust or any particles, and there is this ghosting one the side of the protector, and I cant get it away.I tried the olive oil fix and it works for the rest of the side but on one spot I cant get it away and it comes back every day. Any fix or should I contact the costumer support?

    submitted by /u/illuminatikartoffel
    [link] [comments]

    Picking up a OnePlus 5T today, what are the first things I should do?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 02:53 AM PDT

    I already ordered a screen protector and a wallet case.

    Any software or hardware besides those I should get to get the most of my device?

    submitted by /u/FusRoeDah
    [link] [comments]

    Why will your current phone be your last OnePlus phone?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2018 07:22 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel