• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 16, 2018

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (April 16, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    OnePlus Moronic Monday (April 16, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!


    Moronic Monday (April 16, 2018) - Your weekly questions thread!

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:12 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for simple questions. More complicated tech support requests and comments begging for codes etc. are not allowed.

    Questions will be archived in the wiki under the FAQ section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    "Don’t you just hate it when you have to stop using your phone when it rains? So do we"

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:03 AM PDT

    OOS 5.1.0 finally improved auto-rotate sensitivity!

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:15 AM PDT

    They've finally tuned the auto-rotate sensitivity. You no longer have to be super careful not to rotate the screen when picking up the phone etc.

    submitted by /u/Metalbird2014
    [link] [comments]

    Notification Panel too much Space Android 8.1

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:24 PM PDT

    Hey guys so I updated to Oreo and the notification area is too big. Also there is a weird line at the bottom of it when there aren't any notifications showing. OnePlus should change it back or give options.

    This is also a problem when you have a lot of notifications because they go through the clear all button making it hard to read the notifications at the bottom.

    Also still disappointed that they still look like Nougat. No option to make the accent black with the light theme.

    submitted by /u/yaoigay
    [link] [comments]

    OP5 is the best smartphone i've ever owned.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 01:41 AM PDT

    I know this may come across as a bit cheezy or sponsored. But im being genuinely honest, its good enough that i want to talk about it a bit.

     

    Basically, i've always been a computer enthusiast, my first phones were flip phones and i eventually owned my first samsung galaxy s captivate. Ive never been one for apple products as i always preferred open source and customizable interfaces. Growing so comfortable with the galaxy s line, i moved onto the galaxy s3 and then the s5. Up until recently, i did some research online into the best phones on the current market. When i seen the OP5 boasted 8GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage with an octa core cpu, i knew i had to look further into it. Part of me didnt want to stray away from the samsung galaxy line based on routine and familiarity i guess, but one fateful night i had found a guy locally selling his 8 month old OP5 8GB for $500 canadian, as he got the new galaxy s9. We connected and i bought that very same evening. I ended up selling my two galaxy s5 i had for $200 each basically allowing me to have this OP5 for $50.

     

    Fast forward about a month, my thoughts summed up is basically that this is the best smartphone ive ever owned. Im so glad i tried something other than a samsung. This phone is ridiculously fast, i havent seen any lag or stutter yet, everything from its camera, to running multiple apps, music, video, battery, etc. Its also the perfect size for me as i have larger hands, with a spigen case on this thing its actually perfect. I couldnt be more satisfied, i havent run into a single hiccup yet, with magisk installed and gravitybox tweaks, i just love everything about this phone. Best phone ive ever had.

     

    Those of you who have had an OP5 can you share the same sentiment? Have you had any bad experiences or problems with the op5 that i may not be aware of yet?

    submitted by /u/GrieverXVII
    [link] [comments]

    [OOS 5.1.0 OTP Upgrade]is now available

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:03 AM PDT

    Based on the pricing history of older devices, the OnePlus 6 is "forecasted" to cost $559-$623 (using Google Sheets)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:45 PM PDT

    Graph

    Spreadsheet

    It didn't matter whether the OPX was placed in price order or chronological order, so for the purpose of the line graph I put it at the very beginning.

    This could be an optimistic estimate, with rumors of a notched display, up to 256 GB storage and water resistance floating around. But the trend of an ever-increasing launch price is apparent.

    Edit: link

    submitted by /u/vantt1
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 5T OxygenOS 5.1.0 Link

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:13 AM PDT

    (oneplus 6) Camera samples

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:21 AM PDT

    I got my 5t

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:30 PM PDT

    Now is there any apps that you say it must be on oneplus?

    submitted by /u/berdog
    [link] [comments]

    Actually, which version of the Google camera port is the best for Oneplus 5?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:55 AM PDT

    And its worth? Really improve the stock camera version? I read something that I only can use the primary sensor if I use the google camera port.

    Thanks in advance if someone can put the best version of the apk here!

    submitted by /u/dumarcon
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 5 factory screen protector

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:19 PM PDT

    Is there a way to buy an original screen protector? The way it felt and the fact that it doesn't show oil has me really hating my spigen neoflex I replaced it with today (gouged it with a thumb drive on accident). Any recommendations on what to use instead? I really liked it. Glass is apparently out of the question since I have a Spigen Rugged Armor and an otterbox. Neither are compatible I read?

    submitted by /u/Sour_Pickel
    [link] [comments]

    4 Keys to success for OnePlus + good future goals

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:06 PM PDT

    This is a letter to OnePlus. Read it carefully. I have taken thought and I think I have the 4 keys to pushing OnePlus to the edge. This is properly labled in parentheses for importance 1-3. Let's get into it: Firstly, no one cares about benchmarks anymore. The fastest, least bulky, smoothest user experience is what matters. I am not saying to ditch the high end hardware. I am saying zero bloatware, smoothest most understandable expirence and minimal wait time between when you press the screen and when it responds. (3) Use a 120 Hz display. Even if it is only supported at 1080p (Read my personal requests). Not only does a fast phone matter, but a fast customer support. Fast and good customer support comes hand in hand with a good phone. Secondly, One of the biggest complaints about OnePlus is the limited cell capabilities and awful network compatibility in the US. (1) Get in touch with Google and make future OnePlus devices use Project Fi. This is the single best thing OnePlus can do. You will reach more customers and get better coverage overall. More people will buy the device and more will be happy with the service. (2) Thirdly, Get your phones IP68 water resistant certified. Even if it brings up the cost of the phone by $50 and makes replacements and managing warranty harder (You guys are working with Amazon, I am sure you can figure out something). People will appreciate it. (4) Lastly, Keep the price of the phone as low as possible. Do whatever you can as a company without sacrificing too much to keep the price at 60% or less of the same year flagship phones from other companies.

    --- Finally I have a few small things that I personally would appreciate. Keep the phone small without sacrificing battery. 5.5inch screen or less is what I prefer. Front facing fingerprint reader. Spend extra money on good and consistent customer support. Make the phone as much battery as feasibly possible. (More amphours = better). 2K resolution is nice to have as an option but allow the option to switch if the user wants for better battery life, same with refresh rate.

    • Moo
    submitted by /u/Moo-ooM
    [link] [comments]

    Smart lock with OOS 5.1.0

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:19 PM PDT

    Anyone else have an issue with Smart Lock on OP5T after this latest update? The Smart Lock settings screen is just blank.

    submitted by /u/raj130294
    [link] [comments]

    How to diagnose Bluetooth issues?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:04 PM PDT

    I am trying to figure out why my Pebble randomly started disconnecting once or more a day. It started happening about 3 weeks ago. Is there any type of log or anything that I can use / access that might help me figure out where the problem is?

    I have already cleared bluetooth cache

    Disabled advanced battery optimization and made sure anything bluetooth or pebble related is not optimized.

    I also factory reset the watch, forgot the watch in my bluetooth connections, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Pebble app.

    submitted by /u/atistang
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 3 Display Issues

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:57 PM PDT

    My oneplus 3 has this weird habit where it will be working perfectly fine, but sometimes when I lock the phone, I wont be able to get any sort of display to come up when I try to unlock it or even reboot it. I can interact with items on the screen (eg. I can turn on my flashlight, toggle Bluetooth, open apps...) I've tried flashing new kernels and ROMs, but they all seems to have the same bug. I'm hesitant to call it a hardware problem because the screen ONLY goes out if I lock the screen, never while i'm using the phone. Have any of you guys had similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/reoost
    [link] [comments]

    [OP 5] Crashes on Messenger?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:37 PM PDT

    The title is pretty self explanatory. For a while, using messenger on this phone always resulted in some freezes or crashes USUALLY when I'm typing a message. It's very annoying and it is an ongoing issue for me. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

    submitted by /u/MechanicalPencilUser
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody experiencing issues with Nova Launcher on the latest 5.1.0 on 5T?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 12:30 PM PDT

    Whatever I click on from the homescreen using the nova launcher, the notification bar opens up and its very annoying. I disabled the gestures in nova and the problem still persisted. So I decided to fall back on oneplus launcher and it's all fine.

    I figured that Nova is popular and I'm wondering if anyone else is suffering with this issue. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/TuckingFypoz
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 3 with zerolemon 7500mAh battery, still only lasts 1 day.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    Sat here at 21:57, I take my phone complete with zerolemon case 10000mAh of power, off charge @5:30am every day, and it barely makes it to 22:00.

    Oxygen OS latest OTA version. I do have 2 user profiles on the phone, one for work, one for personal, both used back and forward all day.

    1st full charge needed by 11am, 2nd charge at around 16:00.

    The case is fantastic for being away from any power on site, and keeping my mobile office needs running while I graft. But, im starting to wonder, if my phone battery is shite.

    Apps I have in the phone on both users are WhatsApp (personal user only) email app, invoice app, Trello and then the usual crap. No Facebook.

    Screen 20% Android OS 17% Android system 14% User: work 9% Google 7% Google Play 6% WhatsApp 5% Everything else 4% and lower

    So, is this level of battery usage normal? Is my other phone user profile zapping my battery? Does it seem like new battery time?

    Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/d4ngerdan
    [link] [comments]

    Recorder app no longer recording internal audio

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:07 PM PDT

    I have a OP3T. When i first bought it and used the native Recorder app I could record the internal audio of the phone. Now when I record anything it only records the microphone. Anyone know a fix/workaround?

    submitted by /u/RueKing
    [link] [comments]

    Chances of wireless charging?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:00 PM PDT

    What are the chances of the OnePlus 6 getting wireless charging? It's not make or break for me because I am already gonna get the phone. I'm just wondering because it sounds like a cool idea I wanna try. I love the fast charging that I saw on the 5t though. (P.S. I'm upgrading from a iPhone 6s)

    submitted by /u/Xcert4
    [link] [comments]

    Is the OP6 a phone for me?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 12:32 PM PDT

    Asking some Oneplus veterans here. I've been using a Samsung S3 for the last five years (yes, I'm not kidding) and I've decided it's about time to retire that one- the OS is horribly outdated (Android 4.3) and the single gigabyte of RAM isn't cutting it anymore, most apps perform badly or crash often.

    I am looking for a phone that could last at least another 3 years without becoming entirely obsolete. Of course that leads me to asking how long batteries on Oneplus phones tend to last (My old phone had its capacity dro steadily over its first 2 years of life time, then it just kinda stood at a pretty low, but usable capacity even till today). Furthermore, is 64gb of internal storage likely to become too little in the near future? A 6gb RAM / 128gb ROM model doesn't seem lucrative to me, so thats why I'm asking.

    And no, I dont really mind the notch, implying they give us methods to hide it of course.

    submitted by /u/max1097
    [link] [comments]

    I'm getting 2-2.5H of SOT on my OP5, how to fix this?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:41 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so I'm basically getting low SOT and my battery discharges fairly quickly. Is there any ways I can fix this? Thank you

    submitted by /u/BassBoostedLithuania
    [link] [comments]

    Double tap home button to lock screen

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:18 AM PDT

    After updating my 5T to latest OS, i kinda miss double tap home screen to lock function, does anyone knows any apps can do this? Given now with gesture on, there is no more home button at home screen.

    submitted by /u/y_yx
    [link] [comments]

    OP5 freezing when enabling bluetooth from drop down menu

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:03 PM PDT

    My OP5 just freezes when I drag down the menu and click the bluetooth button to turn it on. Nothing on the screen moves anymore and the only thing that seems to do anything is the power button which will turn off the screen. The fingerprint sensor still makes the phone vibrate if I put my finger on it but nothing else happens and I have to reboot the phone.

    This is not always reproducible but happens frequently enough.

    submitted by /u/trollin_troll
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel