• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 23, 2018

    Microsoft Office just cut off the top and bottom margins of pages. Please help. Tech Support

    Microsoft Office just cut off the top and bottom margins of pages. Please help. Tech Support


    Microsoft Office just cut off the top and bottom margins of pages. Please help.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:15 PM PDT

    For some reason the top and bottom margins of my pages are gone. It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/nEqAhwx

    Please help me get them back! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/eenertv
    [link] [comments]

    Please power down and connect pcie cables to use graphics card

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:21 PM PDT

    I built my first pc over a year ago and have had no problems with it until now. This message comes up when I start the computer, And then then the screen goes blank. I've pulled the PCIE cables and used different ones. I've taken out the graphics card and reseeded it. I can't even get to onboard graphics at all. Any help would be appreciated! EDIT: specs 8 gigs ram, i5-6600, GTX 970 EVGA supercloced edition, ASUS Z170- P D 3 motherboard, 550 watt EVGA supernova 80 plus gold power supply, 212 evo cooler

    submitted by /u/nervoushugs
    [link] [comments]

    i have like 100 processes running in task manager, i dont know why, and i dont know wh ich ones to delete, or how?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 09:21 PM PDT

    i tried msconfig, unchecking startup hidings, hiding microsoft services and everything, and i always have like 100 processes running in task manager. ive tried everything this is so weird its never been like this and this cant be normal. im really really afraid something bad will happen to my PC please help me!

    i tried to delete things like cortana and it just comes right back again? how the heck do i get rid of these? just the other day i only had like 4 or 5 i think? what the heck happened?!

    running windows 10, i5 3550 at 3.30 ghz, gtx 970, 16 gb ddr3 ram.

    pictures below:

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/KorruptAkt/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMzMxMzc0MTk=/?ref=

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s96.photobucket.com/user/KorruptAkt/media/Capture2_zpswh7fcxxb.jpg.html?sort=2&o=20

    http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/KorruptAkt/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMzMxMzc0MjE=/?ref=

    submitted by /u/clydeskorner
    [link] [comments]

    Mining malware using 100%CPU unless task manager open

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:24 PM PDT

    By checking with Microsoft's process explorer i've able to see that i'm infected with some malware that closes when task manager opens. First it was 'Systeminfo.exe' and now it is just called 'Notepad.exe'

    It is sitting in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

    vbc.exe -o stratum+tcp://akamai.la:3335 -o stratum+tcp://a40-77-229-13.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.pw:3335 -o stratum+tcp://obviuslyu.duckdns.org:3335 -o stratum+tcp://minecraftsvr.craftx.biz:3335 -o stratum+tcp://185.185.26.117:3335 -k --donate=1 --background --cpu-priority=0 --no-huge-pages --log-file="C:\Users\jostvice\AppData\Roaming\5fcb7d0cc5ce099ef788981c7bdfcfce\miner\hash.txt" --print-time=2

    Directory: C:\jostvice\

    I've ran Malwarebytes, Mbar and rkill with no success, and it won't delete the file (says trustedinstaller protected) I could delete the file with Unlocker but then notepad.exe appeared. I'm on win10

    submitted by /u/JostVice
    [link] [comments]

    Evga z97 bios update gone wrong.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 02:22 AM PDT

    I realized my bios was really out of date so I went to update it. I also noticed that xmp wasn't enabled for my ram. (dominator platinum 16gb 2133) so I flipped on xmp and updated the bios. At restart I was met with a black screen and my debug display was going crazy. Cycling through a bunch of numbers and error codes, pausing slightly on 4F. I did a couple restarts and hit the clear cmos button on the back but nothing helped. I'm also not finding much in relation to the 4f error code. Where should I go from here?

    submitted by /u/spaceghost_n_moltar
    [link] [comments]

    USB 3.0 Driver Keeps Crashing and Whenever I try to Enable it, Crashes PC

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:40 PM PDT

    My usb 3.0 driver (VIA USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)) keeps crashing and whenever I disable it and re-enable it crashes my whole pc. It will always pop up with an error/crash whenever I plug in my Windows Mixed Reality Headset, it will crash within minutes. I've updated the driver through gigabyte's website for my mobo but still nothing.

    PC Specs:

    CPU:AMD FX-8320

    GPU: MSI R9 290X

    MOBO: Gigabyte 970a-dsp (rev. 2.x)

    It gives this error when the usb controller stops working: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

    submitted by /u/tapg23
    [link] [comments]

    Need a new AC Adapter for Laptop - Which one of these is the better buy?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:30 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Here are the details of the adapter: Dell Product Number (DP/N): 04H6NV // 45W, 19.5 V // Used for a Dell XPS 12

    I searched using the DP/N and two listings stood out:

    OEM, but used to an unknown degree: https://m.ebay.ca/itm/ORIGINAL-DELL-XPS-9350-45W-AC-ADAPTER-04H6NV-4H6NV/222919992880?hash=item33e7112630:g:wuwAAOSwr-5azkU-

    3rd party, but new: https://m.newegg.com/products/16J-000N-152B1

    1) Will they both work, since they are the same DP/N? 2) And which do you think is the better buy?

    Thanks so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/colddecembermorn
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Start Up Newly Built Pc

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:14 PM PDT

    i7-8700k , Asus ROG Maximus X Hero , 16 GB TridentZ Ram

    Managed to get everything to turn on but keep getting these 2 error codes : A2 & 99 .

    I have tried to disconnect everything and reconnect it, can't seem to find no way to get past this error code. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/xxrandom_heroxx
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t reformat hard drive

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:57 AM PDT

    So I've got a Samsung 900X NP900X4C that needs to be reformatted, the only issue is when I go into BIOS and try to change the boot priority I have no option to change it and all that is listed is Windows Boot Manager. Obviously I want to change it to boot from a USB however I can't seem to do it. I have a feeling that the issue is that it's a laptop from a school that we have bought and are unsure what the administrator password is. Is there any way to reformat it or change the boot priority without the admin password? Or even any way to somehow find or reset the admin password? BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore Tiano.

    I've tried disabling secure boot, UEFI and CSM but nothing seems to be working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    https://imgur.com/K7AsCjv

    submitted by /u/Furyy
    [link] [comments]

    How to charge with a Samsung Wireless Charging Pad vertically

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:37 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung wireless charging pad that is originally intended to stay flat on the ground and wirelessly charge my device from there. However, I like to be able to see my phone's screen while I work so I tried mounting the charger on a slanted surface (about 60°) in order to have the phone just lie on the charger while I can still clearly see the screen. In theory, this concept works and the phone charges for about 2-3% before, wihout moving anything, the charging just stops. Does anyone know how to solve this or a more efficient way to achieve my goal? If you need pictures or further information, please let me know and thank you, any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/AbsolutionxFang
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to build a media server/NAS from an old computer, need help.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:23 PM PDT

    Hello, I was interested on having a NAS. I'm from a third world country so buying one is really expensive. However I found an old computer laying around and I wanted to know if it was possible to turn it into a NAS.

    The problem is I can't boot this PC. I think it's from 2006, but I don't know too much details.

    What I know:

    • 512mb of RAM from Ramaxel
    • Intel Pentium 4
    • 40 Gb of Samsung HDD (but I intend to replace this with my old 1Tb HDD)
    • HP motherboard

    Here are some pictures if anyone can recognize any other part, especially the motherboard as having the manual could really help.

    My issue I'm currently having is that the PC won't boot and beeps 9 times. I googled up what this means (something with the ROM) and found that someone fixed it replacing the battery inside the PC. I did this but nothing changed. I don't know what else to do or even if my project is actually possible so any advice is appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Z01011010Z
    [link] [comments]

    DC Insists On Secondary Circuit

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:14 AM PDT

    Recently dumped our ASAs for FG100Ds and picked up a Zayo connection to supplant AT&T which has now become the secondary.

    Failover testing went swimmingly except for the 2008R2 DC. It absolutely wants the AT&T connection up at all times. It seems all egress traffic goes out over AT&T, but ingress (like the VPN) functions fine over Zayo. There is nothing in the FG stipulating this and no discernable static routes on the DC.

    The former regime is inaccessible and left no documentation, but we need to fully understand this box before we move to AAD.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Drew707
    [link] [comments]

    No signal from SLI GTX 580s

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:24 PM PDT

    My friend bought a second hand Ibuypower computer from some dude on craigslist. He says when he bought the computer he tested it out at the guys house and it worked fine but once he got it home he was unable to get any signal at all. He tried a few different cables and monitors. All the lights and fans inside the computer come on. Including the graphics card fans.
    I kinda know computers so he brought it to me but i have the exact same issue and can't figure out why.

    As for specs all i know is the SLI GTX 580s, The motherboard is an Asus with no onboard graphics(so i can't test that) Power supply is SilverStone 1000 Watt

    submitted by /u/CantHandle_Life
    [link] [comments]

    Ryzen 5 2600 Troubleshooting

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 07:12 PM PDT

    Computer Type: Custom Build

    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070

    CPU: Ryzen 5 - 2600 - Stock speed

    Motherboard: Asus Strix B350-f

    RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2400mhz

    PSU: EVGA 600BQ

    Operating System & Version: WIN 10

    GPU Drivers: 391.35

    Description of Original Problem: System crashes constantly now under any gaming / content creative load. It does however work for browsing and light benchmarking. No BSOD, but instead black screens, and system will not power off unless power cycled on psu.

    I've reseated the cpu, tried new thermal paste (tried two kinds), reseated gpu, ram, the works. Thermals are stable all around and I'm not sure what the issue is, as I'm still somewhat fresh to building / troubleshooting.

    submitted by /u/antapex_
    [link] [comments]

    Ethernet cable is connected to desktop, but no internet access. Windows 7 Home Premium, manufactured by eMachines.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:21 PM PDT

    Just like the title implies, I don't have any internet access on my desktop, but it says "currently connected to Network." There's also the yellow warning icon on the bottom right of the task bar, right where the connection status is at. I have an Ethernet cable running from my modem to my router, and then a separate Ethernet cable that connects to my desktop. The modem to router is on LAN port 4, and the cable for my desktop is on LAN port 1. I'm not sure if that makes any difference though, because I've switched the ports around to still no avail. I've even tried a different Ethernet cable, and still nothing.

    I've tried the right click > open network and sharing center > change adapter settings > enable Local Area Connection method, but it's already enabled. I've disabled it and re-enabled it, but nothing. I've tried the TCP/IPv6 & TCP/IPv4 options where I need to change the settings to "obtain an IP address automatically" and "obtain DNS server automatically" but the settings are already set to that. Of course I also tried manually inputting an IP address by going to command prompt, typing ipconfig /all, and entering the subnet mask and default gateway. For the preferred DNS server, I typed 8.8.8.8, and alternate between 8.8.4.4. I checked the "validate settings upon exit" box as well.

    None of this worked.

    I performed a factory reset on my desktop ( there wasn't anything important on the desktop and it's been idle for about a year so I figured why not ) and that still didn't fix the issue. And of course, as a last attempt, I reset my router + modem for 5 minutes, disconnected the Ethernet cable from my desktop, shut down my desktop, booted it up and reconnected the Ethernet cable.

    Nothing. Still the same yellow warning sign with the same message "Currently connected to Network, no internet access." The internet is working fine for all of my other devices, and I'm currently typing this on my laptop.

    I honestly have no idea what to do or how to fix this. I haven't found a guide anywhere online that has helped in resolving this issue. I'm asking you guys now to see if you've encountered this same type of problem or know a solution to this. It's been driving me crazy all day, and at this point I'm thinking that my desktop is just fucked up lol.

    Thank you for reading this, and any help would definitely be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/phazonfish
    [link] [comments]

    Dumbass internet

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:05 AM PDT

    i have been having extremely shitty internet for about a week now its been cutting in and out i ran a connection test and at times it would say the shitty sppeed of 830ish MS but then sometimes it would display somthing like 5.7s in the same spot im wondering what this means and also i dont belive i have gotten around to paying the internet bill in awhile is it possible that the ISP just slowed my internet and caused it to cut out instead of shutting it off and is this legal to do (im asking about the legal part cuz the isp is shitty and the staff are lazy and sloppy i wouldnt put it past them) but it is the only isp in the area so i cannot switch the service is never really good but its never been like this shit before

    submitted by /u/Deadpool1021
    [link] [comments]

    Android wifi repeater

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 12:04 AM PDT

    I need to use an Android wifi repeater app to get normal signal on my laptop, else it's barely usable. I could get it working, but basically only the browser is operating, the torrent and HBO GO wouldn't. Can anyone help me how to change their options to get them going?

    submitted by /u/hunspike
    [link] [comments]

    Mouse gets random sensitivity slow-down and feels off

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:17 PM PDT

    It's hard to explain but basically, when i'm hovering over certain things, for example over hot links or my chrome tabs, my mouse sensitivity plummets. It also tends to jump around so fast that it's really hard for me to click something specific. Tried using my old mouse, had no problems of the sort with it. I've also tried it on other PC's, no issue there either.

    submitted by /u/DrTots-
    [link] [comments]

    What are these chrome extensions?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 08:11 PM PDT

    So in one of Sodapoppin's streams he breafily opened up chrome, and I was wondering if anyone knew what extensions these were. the screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/rdn7AJP.png would really appreciate, a response.

    submitted by /u/LilCurryMuncher
    [link] [comments]

    405 method not allowed

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:56 PM PDT

    Background info:
    Galaxy s6, fully updated. No 3rd party developer apps just basic default settings.

    Problem:
    So at this hotel i work at i always connected to the wifi. Like many other hotels it brings you to a TOS page and you have to agree to the terms and then it will connect you. It worked perfectly fine up untill a few days ago and ive been here for 3 years and i havnt done anything new with my phone to prompt a change. I try to connect, it brings be to the TOS page. But when i click agree it just pops up as "405 method not allowed"
    It is only me having this problem out of the literally hundreds of people i asked so far and im not sure why. I cant find anybody with the same phone as me to see if maybe its just a problem with the s6. Ive tried forgeting the network, restarting my phone, checking for updates. Tried a couple different DNS's and i cannot figure it out. Its also only here as far as i know. I can connect fine to other home networks. I havnt tried any other business networks with the TOS setup like here to figure put if that type of security just doesnt like my phone anymore or something Begging for suggestions

    submitted by /u/swoopdaloopbay
    [link] [comments]

    Earphones related issue

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:41 AM PDT

    so there are these earphones i like (the razer hammerheads mercury) which is made specifically for ios except i own a android phone(s8 plus to be exact) .I checked and there were ios to type c adapters but i want a ios to audio jack which i couldnt find anywhere.So in short i need help finding an ios to audio jack adapter.Any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/thebunkerdebunker
    [link] [comments]

    AMD/ENMOTUS FuzeDrive causes BAD_POOL_CALLER on boot

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:39 AM PDT

    Hi.

    I've bought and installed AMD/ENMOTUS FuzeDrive Basic. It wanted a reboot, so I obliged, then I created a non-bootable drive. Ever since then, the story goes: Windows won't boot, panicking with BAD_POOL_CALLER. I've tried to reinstall the system, but now it panics even sooner, i.e. as soon as I install that app (the first time it allowed me one reboot, after which I've created the virtual drive).

    My drives configuration:

    1. 60 GB SSD (boot)
    2. 120 GB SSD (set as a fast medium)
    3. 600 GB HDD (set as a slow medium)

    I've already asked the support yesterday, but they haven't answered me yet.

    I would like at least to recover my data (I have an online backup, but that's a few days of downloading).

    submitted by /u/Althorion
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard / Mouse Shortcut mapping

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:33 AM PDT

    I require some buttons on my keyboard and mouse to trigger some shortcuts (key combos - Ctrl+Shift++). OS: Windows 10

    This is my keyboard and Mouse Your help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/themaimoon
    [link] [comments]

    Random display shutoffs/ inability to boot/ now working

    Posted: 23 Apr 2018 03:32 AM PDT

    Okay.... So.

    The first sign of something weird going on was a display shutoff. The computer seemed to be running fine but both monitors lost signal. I eventually had to turn it off after realizing the monitors were connected securely. This happened while playing a game, btw.

    This happened again during a memtest86 test I was running. It seemed to have lost signal to monitors again and I let it sit for quite a while before turning it off.

    The last time this happened both monitors lost signal and this time it appeared the cpu pump, case fan, and it seemed like everything except for the PSU and a lonely case light was off.

    After this happened I took the case apart and unplugged/plugged the gpu in and made sure it was connected with power securely. After I did this nothing would boot. The PSU would turn on and a single light on the motherboard would turn on but that was about it, it seemed. No case fans, the light on the cpu cooler was off. No other motherboard lights were on except for one.

    So I took the case apart again and started checking all power connections that I could. I wiggled and pressed everything back in to ensure it was connected securely. I unplugged the gpu power and connected a different 8 pin connector into it. I made sure everything had power, main 16 pin connector, cpu power, gpu, headers and footers, RAM...

    So after I did that I booted it back up and everything seems fine now... at least for the last 20 minutes or so... I'm completely exhausted at this point though. This has all happened since about midnight last night and it is 6:30am. So if anybody has any ideas on what I should do or try, I'm all ears. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am still learning and this is really my first full build that I put together slowly over the last 2 years. Also I apologize for hastily putting this post together, like I said I'm totally exhausted from this fiasco.

    Specs:

    I5 4690k

    1070ti

    MSI Gaming 5 z97

    8 GB DDR3

    Corsair CX750M

    submitted by /u/PastramiPaul
    [link] [comments]

    "Discord Keeps Stopping" Pulling my hair out here! Downgrading to an older apk did not work either!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 11:43 PM PDT

    Samsung Galaxy S7. I updated discord, and it now refuses to start. I tried an older version that DID work, now THAT wont work either

    submitted by /u/BelleHades
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel