• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, April 21, 2018

    Laptops Son of a gun I couldn't dodge the bullet this time! (Aero 15 Related)

    Laptops Son of a gun I couldn't dodge the bullet this time! (Aero 15 Related)


    Son of a gun I couldn't dodge the bullet this time! (Aero 15 Related)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:40 AM PDT

    Usually I'm lucky when it comes to avoiding known problems but wasn't so much this time. I took a chance on the Aero 15 and even paid extra to get it delivered today. Was looking forward to setting it up this weekend but it's got a little bit of light bleed in the top right corner. It's not a huge deal but I'm sure not going to accept anything less than perfect for a $2,300 laptop.

    Back in the box it goes to Amazon!

    submitted by /u/evilblackdog
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with the Sager NP8851?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:20 PM PDT

    The specs look good but I haven't found any reviews of the thermals and build quality.

    submitted by /u/GoofyGoober4lyf
    [link] [comments]

    Gigabyte Aero 15 vs. ASUS ZenBook Pro Vs. XPS 15 9560 quality/Reliability/QC experience?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 12:57 PM PDT

    Looking to upgrade from an awesome but ageing Dell XPS 15 model L521X.

    Really having difficulty deciding between these three laptops. My main focus is durability and build quality, and display quality, and adequate sound quality for casual listening/radio.

    Everyday use, mostly for media, web browsing, and occasional gaming (Skyrim, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc.)

    I was planning to have it shipped to a relative in the US and pick it up when I visit to save on VAT - but since I'm currently living in the EU, I'm worried about issues requiring warranty service or an RMA.

    On the other hand, I'm happy with the sound and durability of my older XPS, so should I just upgrade to an SSD and wait for another year or so?

    submitted by /u/lost_goth
    [link] [comments]

    What to do with these?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:06 AM PDT

    Buying a Laptop for Gaming? Which one?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm back as I didn't really specify how I play/what I play when it comes to video games. I'm stuck in choosing a laptop with a i7 8750h with a 1060 GTX 6GB or a i7 7700hq with a 1070 GTX 8GB. I want something that'll hold up for the years to come. I also see that games are starting to like more cores like Tom Clancy's Wildlands, BF1, Etc. I play mostly play anything but usually CSGO, BF1, R6 Siege, PUBG and Fortnite. I don't care about playing on Ultra, I usually play on Very Low so nothing dips below 60fps. My desktop PC is a i7 6700 non k and 1050Ti so not much special over there. Which laptop should I choose?

    submitted by /u/Dreadnys
    [link] [comments]

    AERO 15X reducing force needed to type with keys?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:52 AM PDT

    Hey folks --

    Just got the Aero15x yesterday, and I was wondering if there was any way to reduce the force needed to activate key switches? I feel like I'm hammering down on my keys just to type.

    Some keys in particular (the "d" key for me) require extra force. I'm hoping this isn't a hardware issue with the model and that there's perhaps some driver or Regkey setting I can configure?

    submitted by /u/vikrampriya
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need 16 GB of ram for an IT program or is 8 GB fine?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    I like my Asus ultrabook but it's 5 years old with 4 GB of ram and a 128 SSD which wouldn't be enough for an IT program. I was wondering if an 8 GB ram laptop would be enough with a 256 SSD if anyone else has experience in a recent IT program.

    I know that for everyday use, 8 should be fine (even 4 I can get by on) but I heard something about installing virtual machines possibly needing 16? This program doesn't have any programming courses outside of a Unix/Linux course. There's one scripting/powershell course.

    An 8 GB ram ultrabook costs around $800 on sale in Canada and a 16 GB one is closer to $1.2k so it's a steep price difference which is why I was asking.

    submitted by /u/ThereIsNoRoseability
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung ATIV Book 9 Quote

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:07 AM PDT

    I'm looking to sell my Samsung ATIV Book 9. It has 8 gb RAM, 256 gb SSD, i7 dual core processor, and is a touch screen with 3000x2000 display (need to double check). I want to sell it so I can get a new laptop, but I'm not sure what this would go for? As it is 4 years old, I replaced the charging port and put in a new battery so it's as good as new. Does anyone know a decent price?

    submitted by /u/tannerds
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestions for versatile 14”+ light gaming laptop please

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:44 AM PDT

    Looking for something that can game with or without an egpu and maybe monitor... also want something light weight and versatile like a surface book 2. Idc if its detachable though.

    submitted by /u/zardoss21
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for school

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:03 AM PDT

    I have done ample amount of research on these laptops and im deciding between these,

    Hp Pavilion x360

    Lenovo Yoga 520

    Asus ux430un

    All of these have 8th gen core i7(asus will be going for i5) and both lenovo and hp have a 940mx while the ux430un has an mx150.All these are able to play games like overwatch decently so they should work fine.However portability is a primary concern,the asus weighs at around 1.25kg,hp at 1.5kg and lenovo at 1.74kg.But the asus does not have 2 in 1 function unlike the other two.

    So im asking opinions from people who owns or have experience with any of the above models and which is the best based on overall everyday use and any known issues and whether the 2 in 1 function is worth sacrificing portability

    (any other similar model is fine,im looking for a portable laptop with a graphics card that can run games like overwatch decently,mainly interested in 2 in 1s

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GoldMagikarp01
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Portable Gaming Laptop

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:10 AM PDT

    Hello, I am interested in a portable gaming laptop (size wise think non-gaming dell inspiron. My budget is $1400. Since it is not a lot I would be happy with at least a 1050ti. Could someone reccomend a good laptop? I have already looked at the XPS 15 w/1050 and the Gigabyte Aero which is out of my budget.

    submitted by /u/online_cesspool
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between li-ion and li-po

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:11 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I just ordered a new laptop and just noted that the battery type is Li-po. I need the laptop for uni and I've read some conflicting info about the battery. Some people say Li-po is less powerful than Li-ion (shorter battery life) and some say it's weaker.

    Can someone please clarify this for me?

    submitted by /u/ladyofthelake98
    [link] [comments]

    MSI GS65 Release date?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:23 PM PDT

    Anyone have solid information on when this laptop is supposed to actually ship? I ordered through amazon thinking it was going to release on the 16th, but now my order says "Arriving May 18 - Jun 18". Wondering if I should change my order to somewhere else.

    submitted by /u/Reflexbeast
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for school laptop for next year

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:59 AM PDT

    Hello! I need to buy a new school laptop for next year. I want a long battery life, a touchscreen, and a dgpu for light gaming (1050 is fine). I have a budget of around 2,000. The Surface Book 2 looks great. other than no hdmi and the 1060 6gb is way overkill. also i was looking at the xps 15 9560 and that looks good too but seems to have cooling problems.

    submitted by /u/Harambit1
    [link] [comments]

    New Dell laptop

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:21 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I am considering to buy this laptop http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/dell-laptops-netbooks-and-tablets/new-inspiron-15-5000-amd/spd/inspiron-15-5575-laptop/ni155575_btsb_s8012e or is there any other recommendation for same budget, cad600? I Merely play the league mostly typing or watching Netflix

    submitted by /u/qiwijjenkqk
    [link] [comments]

    Would this PC Run Ark: Survival Evolved well?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:02 PM PDT

    I'm going to buy a new laptop soon and am hoping to get one that will play ARK because I've had a mac for the last several years. I've heard this is an all right gaming laptop, the Dell G7 series:

    http://www.dell.com/en-us/member/shop/dell-laptops/new-dell-g7-15/spd/g-series-15-7588-laptop/dncwfsb902s

    I don't care a ton about graphics, but I'd like to be able to run at least 20 FPS, with medium+ settings. I don't think that's asking too much, but everyone tells me ARK is poorly optimized. Would this laptop be able to run it well enough without looking like crap? Thanks for the advice!

    Edit: I'll mostly play single player, so server performance won't be as large as an issue for me as it would for others

    submitted by /u/DefinitelySteveIrwin
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop constantly loses space on hard disk. Please read!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:55 PM PDT

    For the last half year or so, this laptop has had less space even thought I very rarely install things on it. Last fall, it had over 1 GB of storage available and by the end of the year, it had about 100 MB left. I used Disk Clean-up (DC) to make some space and got it back up over 500 MB. Last month, I would have less than 100 MB and use DC to get to 300 MB. Recently, I would run out completely, use DC just to get back to 100 MB and multiple times per day as I use this laptop for work and cannot yet afford a 1k laptop.

    IMPORTANT*! I have made three key decisions here including DC. I have uninstalled unnecessary programs to free up a good 500 MB but it went right back down to about 0. I have also checked for old restore points and I don't even have one or automatic restore point enabled.

    As far as malware, I haven't seen anything suspicious or ugly on my laptop so I don't THINK I have one but I'll check to make sure.

    Question: Why do you think this would happen? Windows updates usually compress my disk as far as I've seen. I have a cheap, crappy HP Stream with only 30 GB in size without Windows (8.1) Do you think it could be malware?

    submitted by /u/LordBK777
    [link] [comments]

    Need a powerful but light laptop for college. $2000ish budget.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:49 PM PDT

    Heading to college, and need a laptop. Majoring in CS, but I intend to render stuff on the side, run VMs, etc. I don't game that often but like having the option.

    I was considering the new Aero 15/x. Specifically the non X variant, and upgrading it to have like 32gb of ram instead?

    One thing I don't like is the lack of 4k screen. I know the X can get it, but it gets pricey at that point.

    Some things that are important are: battery life, portability (weight is not a massive issue, thickness should be around 1" or less, and screen size of around 15), good keyboard and trackpad.

    Ram-wise, 16gb is a must but 32gb would be very nice.

    In addition the new intel 6-core CPUs are very enticing, and I would like something with one of them.

    I saw the new XPS 15's, but it looks like the Aero is the better choice for only a bit more.

    I don't start until September, so I probably wouldn't purchase until the summer.

    submitted by /u/OfficeTestIntegrity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel