• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, April 16, 2018

    I can still see an outline of my S8s background when I go to a white website or something. Android Help

    I can still see an outline of my S8s background when I go to a white website or something. Android Help


    I can still see an outline of my S8s background when I go to a white website or something.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:44 PM PDT

    I can also faintly see the Reddit is fun reply button and the Google search button from GBoard.

    Is there anyway to fix this? It won't go away.

    submitted by /u/NCH_PANTHER
    [link] [comments]

    Slow motion video uploads

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:56 PM PDT

    Why is it that android has no native app to upload slow mo videos? Only option is to download bad apps. This seems like it should have been solved years ago.

    submitted by /u/Zones86
    [link] [comments]

    Complicated: Want to record video while phone locked and have it live-upload or prevent deletion without password.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:11 AM PDT

    I'll just be candid and say I want to be able to start recording an escalating situation or confrontation without worrying about someone deleting the video if my phone gets taken during an altercation.

    Currently any picture or video that was taken while phone is locked can still be accessed and deleted without the passcode so long as the screen hasn't been turned off/power button pressed.

    Worst case scenario I'm being unfairly treated by security or law enforcement and start recording to which point they try to confiscate my phone and delete my video as I'm recording it.

    Would appreciate any tips that would help improve this hypothetical scenario

    submitted by /u/SunRhapz
    [link] [comments]

    Should I be closing my apps all the time?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:35 PM PDT

    I know in iOS you don't close apps out of the multi tasking window but I can't find a definite answer for Android. Should I close all apps from resents when I'm done? I've got a OnePlus 5T on 8.1.

    submitted by /u/mordecaix7
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to photo spheres?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    I used to take photo spheres worth the default camera app on my moto x, years later I have a moto z2. What has happened to photo spheres? I cannot find anything in the play store.

    submitted by /u/Jacob_Ernst98
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to Pitchlab pro?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:48 PM PDT

    I can't find it on the official app store, but I had it and it worked up until a factory reset just a week or so ago.

    submitted by /u/i8myWeaties2day
    [link] [comments]

    [Amazon Fire HD 10] Whats this mysterious "arrow-triangle" status icon? Can't find any info on Google or the user manual...

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 12:30 PM PDT

    Basically its a triangle with an "indented" bottom edge, so it looks more like an arrow (you know, almost like that Star Trek symbol!) pointing up and a little to the right. It also looks like a mouse cursor without a "tail", or maybe a simplified space-rocket or stealth bomber. It appears regularly, but never for more than around 2 secs.

    I've spent days Googling for info about this (since I bought the tab), and I found nothing. Even the user manual doesn't say anything about it. Does anybody here recognise what I'm describing? I wanted to screenshot it for y'all but it always disappears too quick!

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ShurikenUK
    [link] [comments]

    How can i keep weather undergroumd temperature status bar to the left?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:43 PM PDT

    I was wondering if it was possible to keep the weather underground temperature in the status bar always always to the left and have new notifications stay to the right of it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lechatjaune
    [link] [comments]

    OTG wireless mouse works on tablet but not working in app

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 06:30 PM PDT

    I am using a Nexus 7 (2013) and the touchscreen has been acting up for a while. So I went and got an OTG cable and connected my wireless mouse to the tablet.

    The OTG wireless mouse works with the tablet itself. I can see the cursor on the screen and I can click and swipe in the tablet.

    But there is an app I am trying to use and it is not responding to the wireless mouse. I can still see the cursor with the app open, but the app is not responsive to any clicks or swiping I do with the mouse.

    Is there some sort of setting or permission that I am suppose to change for the app to detect the mouse actions? Or is the app just not compatible with the mouse?

    Thanks for helping

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_WHAT_U_COPIED
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Mate 9 OTA Update failing

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:53 PM PDT

    There's a new update for my Huawei Mate 9 MHA-L29 available, but I cannot update the phone because every time I do, it brings me up to the TWRP Recovery program I installed a while ago and it doesn't allow me to update; from my understanding, I need to uninstall the TWRP Recovery ROM before I can install this update, but does anybody know how to do so?

    If it is any help, this is the guide I followed to install my TWRP ROM and where I got the file from.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    edit1: Allegedly, I have heard that flashing a new recovery.img would solve this issue; now comes the issue of actually getting the file, as it seems not many copies are around for the Mate 9.

    submitted by /u/King_Barrion
    [link] [comments]

    Android Search History (need help proving innocence to spouse)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:32 PM PDT

    If this is not the correct location for this question, please let me know.

    I'm sleeping on the couch tonight because of a misunderstanding. My wife used my android phone (Pixel 2) this evening before bed. When she pressed the Google Search Bar, recent searches that she made on her iPhone (6s Plus) showed up in the recent searches. Now she thinks that I am spying on her.

    Just to be clear, no, I am not spying on her. Below is my beginning of a guess as to what is happening.

    One of her gmail accounts is one of a few on my phone. I put it on my old phone at one point to use my Google Opinion Rewards to buy her some things in a game, with her permission. I got a new phone a couple of months ago, but recently put it back on again (again with her permission) to access a shared Google Docs account that holds some login details for some accounts (utilities, etc.) and use more Google Opinion Rewards. I don't know much about the sync features on my phone, but her e-mails do not pop up like my e-mails do, nor do her calendar events.

    It has been a number of years since I had an iPhone. She does get her Gmail e-mail on her phone, so I figure that her Google account must be associated with her iPhone in some capacity. I do not know if she uses Chrome on her phone.

    My guess is simply that her searches register with her Google accounts somehow, even though it is an iPhone, and my phone is sufficiently connected to one of her accounts to access the data when she tried to search on my phone.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm kicking myself for not removing the account when I was done using it; since it was passively there, I just didn't think about it. I'm wondering if there is any way in the Google account settings to view what kinds of information my phone has accessed from the account - if I can show that I wasn't downloading e-mails and the like, that would be helpful. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Dbo81
    [link] [comments]

    How might I uncover who stole my daughter's (now recovered) Galaxy S5?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:55 AM PDT

    Sorry if this isn't the right sub for this. tl;dr background: My daughter lost her phone. A month later I noticed someone used it to make some outgoing calls and was able to get the phone back. The SIM card is missing, the SD card was erased, and everything was factory reset. I'm hoping to recover some info on who was using the phone.

    Fuller backstory: my daughter lost her phone at school about a month ago. I kept checking my cell service provider (Ting) to see if her phone was being used, but it wasn't. We kept waiting for it to show up in the lost and found or something but were about to give up hope and just get a replacement. Just before buying a replacement, though, I checked Ting one last time, and lo and behold, 4 phone calls had been made in the last few days, 3 to the same number. I called that number and spoke to a girl who sounded like a high school student. She told me her first name but wouldn't tell me her last name. After I explained the situation, the person told me she was pretty sure she knew who it was who had called her from my daughter's phone. She agreed to talk to that person (but wouldn't give their name) about getting the phone back to us. True to her word, she called me back about 15 minutes later and said that someone would turn the phone in to my daughter's high school main office on Monday (today), which they did. (I asked at the high school office who turned in the phone, but the receptionist said that they didn't recognize the person, and they just dropped off the phone and left.)

    I was hoping the person who had been using the phone had left some incriminating evidence behind - perhaps a selfie or GPS history or something, but they did a factory reset of the phone and wiped the SD card. The SIM card is also missing, so I've ordered a replacement.

    I was wondering if there are some other hidden folders or something that might leave a trace of who that person is. Maybe files that were deleted could be recovered, or something to that effect.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/dla26
    [link] [comments]

    Accessibility keeps turning ON

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 09:57 AM PDT

    http://imgur.com/YwePAWj

    So recently I updated my COOLPAD NOTE 3 LITE from Lollipop to Marshmallow and there seems to be a problem.

    For ex. in Chrome sites like m.2345.com or Baidu keeps opening by itself. I tried force stopping chrome and cleared all data but it still happening.

    Also in accessibility setting this chinese(?) app keeps getting turned ON everytime I disable it. (May be this is the culprit?)

    Screenshot is attached below. BTW I don't know what it is written.(lol)

    So how do I stop my mobile to open spam website and also how do I turn this accessibility setting off?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/imu_1996
    [link] [comments]

    MLB At Bat app has been unresponsive since recent update 3 weeks ago.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:40 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having this issue? They're getting flooded with 1 star reviews in the Play Store.

    The app received an update 3 weeks ago and has been broken since. When you try to launch it, it goes to a white screen. Doesn't load. Nothing. We're well into baseball season already and the yearly subscribers are getting pissed they can't access content they've paid for.

    Besides the play store, what other options are there to get the app developers attention?

    submitted by /u/jeangenie18
    [link] [comments]

    Using Google Play Music App Crashes Hulu Streaming

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 08:23 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm experiencing a very weird problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 and an Apple TV. I watch Hulu on my Apple TV (not streaming via my phone) and when I open Google Play Music (download only mode) Hulu pauses and the screen turns black. This happens every time I open the app. I've only seen it happen with GPM. I am running SABS, I don't know if that's a culprit. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/chrisn96
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to stream HD Video from my PC.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:24 PM PDT

    I've been using VLC to try to stream videos from my PC and while I find it pretty nice and straight forward, the videos I try to stream always buffer. As the tittle suggests, I'm trying to stream HD videos to my phone. They are in 1080p and while most videos buffer while streaming, some of them play much better. So I feel like it has to do with the quality ,specifically my home network not being able to handle the high bit-rate of the video, just guessing here.

    Is there anything I can do to improve the stream? Are there any other apps and or pc software that can achieve what I want?

    I have a LG Phoenix 2 if that helps any.

    submitted by /u/_Jrock91x
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 3 Weird screen bug

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 02:20 PM PDT

    My oneplus 3 has this weird habit where it will be working perfectly fine, but sometimes when I lock the phone, I wont be able to get any sort of display to come up when I try to unlock it or even reboot it. I can interact with items on the screen (eg. I can turn on my flashlight, toggle Bluetooth, open apps...) I've tried flashing new kernels and ROMs, but they all seems to have the same bug. I'm hesitant to call it a hardware problem because the screen ONLY goes out if I lock the screen, never while i'm using the phone.

    submitted by /u/reoost
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally bought an AT&T carrier phone and need help unlocking it for use in New Zealand

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 04:13 PM PDT

    I'm a Kiwi and I just bought a refurbished LG V20 online. The NZ site neglected to mention that it was an AT&T phone, so now I can't use my local SIM card to make phone calls, etc.

    All attempts to unlock have been unsuccessful so far through the AT&T website because you need a phone number registered account to call, chat, email them, whatever. I can't get a phone number or even a SIM because I'm on the other side of the world so it's been a bit frustrating. There's actually a 'Non AT&T customer' option on the unlock page but because my phones IMEI number hasn't been registered before it's not valid, or at least that's what I'm guessing.

    I've looked for some forums but only found one unhelpful thread from 2016 which ended unresolved.

    Also I would be switching to New Zealand's Spark Network if that helps at all.

    Are there any other ways to unlock a smartphone? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Warrego
    [link] [comments]

    Old theme still present upon start up only, how to remove? (Oreo 8.0)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:58 PM PDT

    So I'm currebtly on oreo 8.0 (Sony Xperia xz1 compact) and I noticed when I restart the phone (I just performed a random restart) and there was an old theme that shows up upon turning on. I no longer have theme and is deleted from my theme collection a while ago. I don't know how it still shows up though. Any ideas why and how to get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/qqmight8
    [link] [comments]

    ZTE Z835 Not Working

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:40 PM PDT

    Recently the home and recent windows buttons on my zte z835 stopped working. I tried to install a program that allows you to use the keys on a widget, but every download says download pending. I have tried common fixes i have seen online. what do i do?!? NOTE: the back key still works

    submitted by /u/spore333
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone X like hidden notifications

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 12:08 PM PDT

    Im looking for this, im using Pin+FP with Smart lock for face, and I would like to know if its possible to have hidden conten on lockscreen and after detecting my face it will show content, or perhaps even 1st FP will unlock content and second FP will unlock lockscreen.

    Is that possible? probably by Tasker or any root app.

    submitted by /u/Sharp852
    [link] [comments]

    Screen filter app with a shortcut to turn on/ off?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 07:38 PM PDT

    I was looking to find a screen filter app that provides a shortcut to turn on/off the screen filter. I want this so that I can remap one of the hardware key function to it. Tried a few apps but none of them seem to provide this option.

    Amy suggestions?

    For use on Note 8

    submitted by /u/aalupatti
    [link] [comments]

    Please can someone help me remove Facebook and Twitter from my HTC One M8?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I have a HTC One M8 which came with Facebook and Twitter preinstalled, and without the option to uninstall them. Please can someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/Tom_The_Human
    [link] [comments]

    Does sdcardfs file system support symlink?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 03:49 PM PDT

    I've tried to create a symlink in the internal storage (which is an sdcardfs partition instead of ext) using ln, and it always gave me Operation not permitted error message. It works fine if I create one in the /data and /system because they're all ext4 partitions.

    submitted by /u/jcunews1
    [link] [comments]

    What are some speedometer applications you would recommend?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 11:55 AM PDT

    I've recently bought a phone which has 'accelerometer' listed in it's features, so I was wondering if there are any decent speedometer apps, as I am an avid mountain biker and would love to know distance, speed, etc..

    submitted by /u/droid3r13
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel