• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, April 19, 2018

    How can I log how many times a program is executed? Windows Help

    How can I log how many times a program is executed? Windows Help


    How can I log how many times a program is executed?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:41 AM PDT

    I have a program in a windows xp (not sure if installed or portable) but i would like to know when someone runs it.

    Did not find anything in windows event log. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/3lite_bae
    [link] [comments]

    Change default screen location for Windows systems messages

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 04:32 PM PDT

    I would like to change the location on the screen where Windows messages appear. Currently they show up in the middle of the screen. I would like to choose a different location (for example lower left quadrant). Any ideas how to do this?

    submitted by /u/mpenders40
    [link] [comments]

    Uninstalling Windows 7 and reinstalling on a new drive on the same computer

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:39 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a Lenovo thinkpad x220, which came with Windows 7 pre installed on its HDD. However, I would like to install an msata ssd to go along with the HDD. I would like to move windows from the HDD to the SSD without removing the HDD. How should I do this? The laptop came with a Windows 7 key, so I was thinking I could just install the ISO and use the key, but how would I go about uninstalling windows and reinstalling? thanks

    submitted by /u/thedoctor712
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Windows reinstalling

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 02:29 PM PDT

    Recently I got Acer Aspire Switch 10 but the previous user left password on everything so I can't use the OS much. I can't run create restore disk either so I'd need to wipe the storage. It originally came with Windows 8.1 32 bits and I've asked around, this tablet/laptop was intentionally designed to only work with Windows 8.1 installing Linux may be a pain in the butt.

    Can I legally grab a virgin Windows 8.1 install file and wipe then reinstall? Or do I have to buy a copy of Windows 8.1 when the tablet's already registered for Windows 8.1?

    I have already checked Google and tried some suggestions on password removal. When I run Control Panel, many things are locked behind password including user accounts. When I try to run CMD as admin, I need password. I tried password remover on USB drive but I couldn't get to the internal eMMC storage for some reason, almost as if it's intentionally blocked from outside access.

    Or maybe someone has a restore drive USB for this model that I can borrow?

    submitted by /u/tomytronics
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple Windows installs (seperate drives), one computer. Will one serial code work?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 08:56 AM PDT

    I just added an MSATA SSD to my laptop. I now have a third drive available for a windows install (I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu on the other drives).

    I would like to install Windows 10 on the new SSD, can I just use the serial number from underneath my battery to install Windows 7, and then upgrade using the "accessibility upgrade"?

    Will this cause any licensing issues? I would love to retain my current Windows install and use Windows 10 alongside it.

    submitted by /u/CleanPop
    [link] [comments]

    (Download/storage issue) How to change where new content is saved

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:51 PM PDT

    Hello.

    My issue relates to iTunes and storage. I'm using homesharing to transfer about 7,000 songs to my new desktop but no matter what I've done, everything is downloading to C drive (120gb space) instead of D (920gb space). I changed my preferences in the storage tab in settings to change where new content is saved to D, but once my music starts syncing, it still downloads to C. I've also downloaded iTunes to my D drive but still saved to C.

    I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Can provide screenshots of things if requested.

    submitted by /u/Hellcat350R
    [link] [comments]

    If I would like to format my computer and reset it to factory settings, BUT I want to keep certain programs without having to reinstall, should i BACKUP or CLONE? WIN 10

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 03:27 AM PDT

    Sorry the only thing i am use to is "backup" and ive got a WD Passport thats 1TB and ive got 380GB used on pc. I want to keep SOME programs but most of it is music programs with programs installed INTO the main program "fl studio and all the vsts." And when i install VSTS alot of the files are spread out through hidden folders and program files, program files (86), app data, etc.. So is it better to clone the HD to my External and then pick out my folders i need? Or can i just back up my C drive and do the same? Sorry if this is confusing im comfused as well. I am using Acronis True Image WD Edition if that helps.. IDK if i should CLONE DISK or just BACKUP.

    submitted by /u/ExystantYT
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to have hundreds of invisible items in the recycling bin?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    Usually if I have a document with very sensitive information like my ssn number I usually send it to the recycling bin and then delete it. Today I decided to try to the Mcafee shredder tool and selected the highest shred type, however even though there were only a few items visible in the bin at the time over 400 items were deleted. Where did all the other files come from? Were they old items I deleted that just happen to linger around? Even if they were I haven't had this computer long so I can't imagine I deleted around 400 files.

    submitted by /u/ManInBlack94
    [link] [comments]

    Updating Laptop's BIOS caused booting into a black screen with no cursor

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 11:22 AM PDT

    I've decided to update the bios on my HP Elitebook 820 G2 win7 64bit. I download the latest bios update from hp.com and proceeded to install it, a few seconds after initiating the update, the screen goes black. I thought it was normal and so I waited 30 minutes hoping that it would turn back on but it didn't.

    I forced shutdown the laptop by holding the power button for a few seconds and then powered it back on. Everything loads normally, and it says windows is loading, and then loads into a black screen with no cursor.

    The only thing that has worked for me so far is pressing F8 and then choosing directory service restore mode. This logs me into the windows normally just like it would on regular days. However, I wouldn't consider this a full solution since technically speaking it's still in safe mode.

    What's really annoying is that when I exit out of safe mode by restarting my laptop and let it boot normally, it would still boot into the black screen with no cursor.

    submitted by /u/almasri91
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Legal Non-OEM Windows 7

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:39 AM PDT

    I build my own computers and I am tired of having to buy a new OS every time I rebuild. I was wondering if there was a legal place where I could get windows 7 without OEM so that I could reinstall it the next time I went to rebuild. I know it was possible at one time but I can not seem to find it any more.

    submitted by /u/Tom_Bombadil_Ret
    [link] [comments]

    My computer was turned off while reinstalling windows 10, trying to use an ISO.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 03:04 PM PDT

    My computer was accidentally shut off while resetting the PC.

    I cannot get very far past this page.

    I used the Windows Media Creation tool to make an ISO on a USB. An error would occur whenever I tried this. After looking around online, I was told I could use Rufus to get around this.

    So I downloaded the ISO onto the computer, and using Rufus, put it onto my USB (it's a 15GB USB, plenty of room) I would have thought I should be using FAT32, but it wouldn't let me, and defaulted to NTFS. Which I imagine should be just fine?

    After doing all of this, the USB won't show up in use a device. (These are all of the devices that show up regardless)

    So I went into Troubleshoot, advanced options, System Image Recovery

    Instantly there's an error that says "Windows can not find a system image on this computer"

    So I go to "select system image" —> Install a driver -Locate and install a driver for a device that is attached to the computer but is not in the list of available system images

    Here I can easily find the USB which I've named WINDOWS10

    These are the contents of the USB. Before using Rufus it was a single ISO file on a different computer.

    It's asking me to select a file (I imagine it should be just one, instead of the many I'm looking at)

    Not sure where to go from here, any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/TasteTheRaimbow
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable windows from opening everything after a restart?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 01:39 PM PDT

    Also bonus question. Is there a single person who actually enjoys this feature? Please comment below.

    submitted by /u/AmazingJohnny
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Game Bar not working as intended

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    Hey there, my Xbox One controller can't use the game bar anymore. It's still possible to open it with Windows+G or the Xbox button itself, but I have to click with my mouse rather than using my cursor.

    submitted by /u/Storn123456
    [link] [comments]

    How many RDP Sessions can I open at once from one PC?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 06:22 AM PDT

    So the question is not about how many sessions can I connect to a certain client, but how many RDP sessions can I run simultaneously to different hosts from one Windows 10 PC or Windows Server 2012 R2 Machine. Is there an offical limit, or has anybody tried it?

    Thanks for you help.

    submitted by /u/ThrashingTrash8
    [link] [comments]

    Big FPS boost step 1-14

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:58 PM PDT

    Win 10 doesn't have enough space to update...it is the only thing installed though!

    Posted: 18 Apr 2018 08:40 PM PDT

    Please help me escape this nightmare, I have a 32gb laptop for school and win10 claims it needs 8 gb to update but IT takes up so much space on it's own that only 4gb or less is available. HELP ME REDDIT YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE!

    submitted by /u/PotatoSilencer
    [link] [comments]

    Windows key stuck... without one.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 05:40 AM PDT

    I somehow managed to get the windows 7 operating system to emulate a held windows key randomly and my keyboard physically does not have a windows key. It's an old dolch keyboard for the morbidly curious. middle of an Overwatch match and suddenly tab opens aero peek. not fun. restarted the system and haven't had the error since.

    submitted by /u/BetterinPicture
    [link] [comments]

    Power plans not available in settings after I switched from one to the other. ANy fix?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 01:09 AM PDT

    This is how my settings look like: https://imgur.com/KbviePA

    This is how they should: https://imgur.com/rA6aUjm

    It happend after I switched power plan from save battery to balanced. I am not sure if it is a bug or I am just missing something. Any ideas guys?

    submitted by /u/NiMPeNN
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel