• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, April 20, 2018

    fEvery sefcond mfy computerf presses tfhe F fkey.f?f Tech Support

    fEvery sefcond mfy computerf presses tfhe F fkey.f?f Tech Support


    fEvery sefcond mfy computerf presses tfhe F fkey.f?f

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 12:15 PM PDT

    fI dfon'ft know what tfo do. Evefry sefcond it prfessfes the Ff keyf. I'm notf even jokfing right nowf...ff

    https://gyazo.com/2c46e18fbbf10c4f5ddd0f7d3819d4e6 f ffffff

    submitted by /u/ThraShErDDoS
    [link] [comments]

    User: "I need more RAM" - How to accurately know if they do or not.

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 09:19 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    At the company I work for we are getting an increasing amount of tickets regarding the request for more RAM. Their laptops have 4GB RAM as standard and some users claim they need more.

    I have used the KB learning article on the subreddit as a judge (https://rtechsupport.org/kb/more-ram/) and a lot of our users have around 100 in free and 500 in Standby.

    I've tested 10 laptops, 8 are under 600 free and 2 are above it. I was wondering what people recommend as a base for authorizing this or not within a business environment. A lot of these users use Excel and SQL for reports.

    Any information on how to determine whether someone needs more RAM or past experiences around this issue would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/CSGIbbo
    [link] [comments]

    burning multiple isos of OSs to one disc

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:39 AM PDT

    Hello there kind people of this mighty subreddit, I just realized that my pendrive is nowhere to be found, to nobody's surprise as I haven't used it since before my most recent move 18 months ago. Whatever, point is I want to finally try out win10 but realised it's cheaper to buy a blu ray instead of a pendrive I'm never gonna use again. However, as it has much more room than needed for this, so it got me thinking if it's possible to burn more OS isos on it and have a handy OS installing disc with multiple OSs.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/verci0222
    [link] [comments]

    iPod 6 has an alarm that goes off at 8 every morning... but there’s no alarm set. Help?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 08:03 AM PDT

    So I had an iPod 6 that had an 8 AM alarm that crapped out. Got a total replacement, restored all my stuff, and deleted all the alarms (there was the active 8 AM daily, and a few others that were inactive).

    Ever since then, the alarm goes off at 8 AM everyday. I triple checked that there is no alarm set. I even set the alarm for 8, left it for a day, and then turned it off after the alarm went off the following morning. The alarm is still going.

    This is a nuisance. Please help.

    submitted by /u/mysliceofthepie
    [link] [comments]

    Renaming USB Midi Controller

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 12:39 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I am currently trying to use a MIDI USB Controller (Pioneer DDJ-S1) for Pioneers own software (Rekordbox). Unfortunately you can not use this controller on their software. You can however map everything using a CSV file, except for the jog wheels.

    Since the DDJ-SX basically has the same input values as the DDJ-S1 I would like to rename the controller on my Windows machine to DDJ-SX instead of DDJ-S1. (Apparently on MacOS it is fairly easy to rename it.)

    Things that I have tried:

    • Renaming the controller in Regedit
    • Tried looking for a driver (.inf) to rename but it doesn't seem to exist, the pioneer website only offers .exe which I tried to extract but still wouldn't give me an .inf file
    • Tried looking into wdma_usb.inf but could only find a "generic windows driver"

    I was thinking of making a MIDI > MIDI loop using some sort of software. Basically sending the inputs through another virtual MIDI controller which you could rename. I am not sure if there's software available for this so I'm curious if you guys have any ideas.

    I know it's a long shot but this is my last chance to get it working.

    Thank you in advance!

    P.S. I am aware of this article, The jogwheels still don't work since you have to rename it

    submitted by /u/Plexcon
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to take a Chrome userprofile + cache and browsing history from one machine to another?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:51 AM PDT

    I need to be able to remote to a machine on our network/ domain and transfer the above to another chrome install.

    I've heard that this was possible but seems like Google encrypt this data so you can't do this.

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Pockets6794
    [link] [comments]

    External Hard Drive up for a looong time, is it safe?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:42 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am currently doing a backup of 430Go of documents saved on an external hard drive (SamsungS2, 1To, 2"5, 5400 rpm, usb powered) to a cloud service so the backup is going to take a loooong time (without a fibre connection it could take several weeks). Is it safe for this kind of external hard drives to be in use for such an extended period of time? I have had this EHD for years but the total up-time has only been 3 months (SMART data). I would not want the EHD to die during the backup process.

    submitted by /u/fr3d1917
    [link] [comments]

    Malware that Targets Calendar Events?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 11:56 PM PDT

    Here is basically a run down of the situation. Any options or ideas are appreciated.

    From what I understand a user (we will call her Carol) has access to shared calendars for a few different employees. She creates meetings and sends the invites out to the businesses who have scheduled training.

    Recently a number of these businesses have received what appear to be counterfeit cancellation notifications that do not appear to be originating from our organization. When she views the calendars the scheduled events are not cancelled.

    My theory was that a recipient's endpoint is compromised in some way and that with the invite containing all of the recipient email addresses that it would be easy to leverage that to cause some grief.

    Carol said that is plausible however multiple offerings have all received cancellations, they do not share any similar clientele or instructional staff.

    Which would lead me to believe that it is an asset which is compromised.

    Are we on the right track of thinking this, or is there some other explanation you may have? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/UltraXenon
    [link] [comments]

    I can only use one program at a time Windows 10

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 11:54 PM PDT

    I can only use one web browser (iridium), my normal chrome does not work and i can not click on any other program or the task bar on the bottom. I have reset it twice and each time it works for a few minutes then reverts to this state. Sometimes I will try to click on a tab and it will delete the tab. I installed a windows 10 update a couple days ago but it was working fine afterwards and then i installed an adblock update on chrome.

    UPDATE: It all started working again for 10 seconds and now I can only use chrome

    UPDATE 2: I ran malwarebytes and it had me reset my computer after quarantining and I had a minute grace period where I was able to use every function and then I switched to spotify and that was the only program I could use with a small amount of the buttons on spotify being non compliant

    submitted by /u/AlloBreeder
    [link] [comments]

    How can I keep my internet disabled?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:33 AM PDT

    I had my internet connection disabled by having no Default Gateway and I was using the internet through a VMware. Everything was fine until today that I noticed that I'm suddenly connected to the internet without changing any settings. I'm connected to a LAN network btw. Any ideas what might cause the problem? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/StavrosFyl
    [link] [comments]

    Hey! Unable to withdraw in Cryptopia. What would be the reason?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:32 AM PDT

    Sometimes due to tech problem users are unable to withdraw and searching for the reason. In this case user must make a call on Cryptopia customer service number to overcome the query. The experts are available to fix the problem and provide hassle free platform for easy functioning. The service is available all round the clock. If you are one of those do contact us immediately.

    submitted by /u/cryptopia6465
    [link] [comments]

    CPU Usage seems way too high

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 04:52 PM PDT

    So, I've been dealing with this problem for a while, basically my CPU keeps peaking at 100% way too often and I'm not really sure what's causing it. Most of the time it's when using a game or a browser like FireFox, Chrome. It'll spike between like 30-100, usually hitting 100 when it has to load something. I originally thought someone was using my CPU to mine bitcoins, so I tried running multiple virus scans on both Malware Bytes and Avira which returned nothing. Today I just gave up and did a full system reset and the problem persists. I'm running a HP laptop with an intel i5 2.50GHz processor. Surely to god something like Firefox should never need to use 100% of my CPU, right? There has to be something wrong but I don't know what. I've monitored my task manager and there doesn't seem to be any other tasks or services hogging the CPU.

    submitted by /u/MakiNCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Having Issue with my laptop processor regarding Clock speed and heating...Can anyone help me?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:19 AM PDT

    I have banged up laptop from 5 years back. It has Intel Core i5-2410M CPU with stock speed of 2.30 GHz

    My Laptop BIOS doesn't support OCing the Processor nither have support for Intel Turbo Boost Technology

    What I don't understand is Check this image out in the Link

    https://i.imgur.com/vwBO2D3.png

    The problem is despite of base frequency being 2.30GHz my processor is running on 2.89 GHz without support od Overcloaking or Turbo Boos Technology

    Can anyone here help me understand this.....!!

    Because of higher frequency my battery has gone bad as well as I am facing sevier heating issue including thermal shutdown.

    Can I roll it down again so I can work with no problems?

    submitted by /u/abhijitraijada
    [link] [comments]

    "The following Channel memory did not pass CPU memory test. Please remove the memory then plug again. Channel A"

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:12 AM PDT

    Win10 64 bit, i5-4690k, gtx 1080ti

    So recently I replaced my broken Asrock H87 Pro4 MoBo with a new Asrock b85m Pro 4.

    When booting, a BIOS screen informs me that Channel A memory "did not pass CPU memory test", leaving me with 2 out of my 4 4GB RAM sticks being used in single channel mode, which noticeably impacts my FPS in games.

    The Crucial memory is not listed as compatible on the Asrock b85m Pro 4 page, however neither is it for my old motherbooard, which worked flawlessly until it blew up.

    Is this just a random compatibility issue or is there something that can be done about it?

    I already tried blowing on the DDR slots and re-fitting the sticks (and switching them around) to no avail.

    CPU-Z detects 16GB of memory in single-channel mode, but Task Manager only shows 8GB.

    submitted by /u/baubeauftragter
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Facebook Messenger -iPhone 6

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:08 AM PDT

    For the past few days on the messenger app I can no longer see active contacts or stories across the top of the screen, it used to have my active contacts across the top and they would have a little green dot to signal they were online or a time with how long ago they were last active, I've reinstalled Facebook and the messenger again and no luck, I've tried going through all settings I could think of to look for some kind of answer but no luck.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/madroxtheninja
    [link] [comments]

    Possible hardware fault

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:49 AM PDT

    Hi, in the last couple of day my pc was having numerous crash, mainly at the start of GPU intensive workloads, the entire OS would crash and only vertical bars would be visible on screen. At the reboot green columns of horizontal artifact are present as soon as the motherboard producer logo, and persist in the BIOS settings screen. In my system i dualboot Linux and Windows, the same artifact appear in GRUB, trying to boot Linux result in a black screen across multiple kernel version, at least two of them used to work with no problems. Windows boot is similar, either black screen or a blue error screen.

    Since the problem persist in basically four OS (Windows, Linux, Grub and Bios) i'm thinking of a GPU fault, maybe RAM. Am i right in my assumption? And what can i do to reduce the number of possible causes?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/DragoBirra
    [link] [comments]

    I've been getting popups (Android)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:35 AM PDT

    Recently, I've been getting some popups that say "Your phone has a virus, follow the steps, in 5 minutes the virus will activate, etc...". Any idea of what this is or where it came from? It only comes up on these few sites (ones that come to mind): Gosunoob, The Sun (which seems unlikely to have popups) and The Sims Resource.

    I've uninstalled all the recent apps I've installed and have run multiple malware/virus scans. What should I do now?

    Thanks.

    Edit: Urban Dictionary too.

    submitted by /u/whit3bear
    [link] [comments]

    Installing and uninstalling games every day , bad for hard drive ?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:33 AM PDT

    I think an average gamer will install/uninstall 4 to 10 games a month

    But what about youtubers who make these types of videos - "top 10 indie games of this month." Or Those who make performance test videos of gpu's everyday

    Will it cause harm to my hard drive if i install and uninstall almost every day ?

    submitted by /u/june_47
    [link] [comments]

    Hello need help with computer monitor

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:32 AM PDT

    Hello I was hoping for some help with my computer monitor or possibly someone to point me toward a correct sub if this is not the place I need.

    I have an acer monitor and now everything displayed has a red pixalation everywhere and red pixalted after image of sorts next to my icons n background.

    Here is a link to a pic of my desktop, pls help ): https://imgur.com/kmkHuf1

    submitted by /u/Poispinz
    [link] [comments]

    Second (DVI) monitor gives me a black screen when connected to my laptop via a cheap adapter.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:29 AM PDT

    Hi :) I have a new laptop and a (kind of) old monitor - BENQ GW2250 (1080p 60Hz). The monitor only has DVI and D-SUB, while my laptop (1080p 60Hz) only has HDMI, so I bought a $3 DVI-HDMI adapter off eBay.

    I disconnected the adapted HDMI cable and turned the power to the monitor on. It said "No Cable Connected !" after the BENQ splash screen. But when I connect it up to my laptop, it goes to a black screen. It goes back to "No Cable Connected !" when I remove the cable from my laptop.

    On my laptop (Windows 10), the "Display" says that a second monitor isn't detected when I click the "Detect" button. I've tried the different monitor options such as Duplicate, Extend and Second Screen Only. None work.

    I've updated the drivers (went from "Generic PnP" to "BenQ GW2250") and restarted. I've also tried it with another HDMI cable and same thing.

    Can anyone help? I love the extra monitor at work and thought I could bring the increased productivity home.

    Thanks for any help at all

    submitted by /u/broken_rock
    [link] [comments]

    My family has a Mac that we've had since 2008 and today the screen went pink with black pixels scattered in places. Has it died?

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:41 PM PDT

    I've tried restarting it but it will just go to a blue screen and then back to the pink screen with the pixels.

    submitted by /u/kruizer28
    [link] [comments]

    I have big RAM problem

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:25 AM PDT

    So i recently had lots of problem with my windows on my hdd, lots of blue screen with different errors ( MEMORY MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA) and i thought it was because of my old hdd, and since i bought an ssd i decided to make a new windows install on this ssd. the installation went well for 10mn of use until i had my first blue screen about memory management. so the pc reboot and then blue screen again, and again. so i format the ssd and reinstall windows but now its not possible, there is the error 0xC0000005. So on the internet i saw maybe the RAM so i did a memtest and it is running while im posting that. the tuto i read said " if there is only 1 error do ...." but it is at the test 5 of Memtest v4.6.7 and there is 1135 errors. and the RAM is new (like i bought it two weeks ago at LDLC) what can i do ?

    submitted by /u/HJ7888
    [link] [comments]

    HP laptop stuck at 75% battery charge

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:00 AM PDT

    I have an HP laptop that is a little over a year old and unfortunately it seems to get stuck at 75% charge despite being charged for three hours using its original A/C. The model of the computer is HP Pavilion 3165NGW. Is there a way to resolve my issue?

    Edit: I should mention that it eats through the battery pretty fast. Also, forgot to mention that I left the laptop on for almost two weeks (uptime) uploading files.

    submitted by /u/Cqouta
    [link] [comments]

    Periodic Download Speed - Is this pattern normal?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:46 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/vwMrQMP

    Hi there, I'm starting to notice that this type of pattern is becoming more and more common when using my wifi from my laptop. I happens on any site no matter what the download is. It isn't a video buffering or some other kind of intermittent download, it happens when the download should be a constant stream.

    Is this a common occurrence, something that is designed to happen, or is there a common cause of this type of pattern that I can solve myself?

    Any help is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/AidanIsNotGinger
    [link] [comments]

    How do I find the proper PCI(?) driver to avoid ejecting my HDDs?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:42 AM PDT

    TL;DR: Here's what I see when I click to eject flashdrives and external HDDs: my internal HDDs

    How do I solve this by finding the correct driver and not going into regedit or whatever?


    I've seen some pretty geeky solutions to this, but I know this can be solved with the correct driver, because prior to me formatting the PC with Windows 7x64 again, it was working.

    After formatting, I've tried some driver utilities:

    • DriverPack Solution made everything work (hence why the correct driver will do), but it gave me virus.

    • Intel Driver Assistant didn't detect anything.

    • DriverBooster is fishy and didn't fix that USB problem.

    • SnappyDriver Installer didn't fix it either, though I'm not sure I used it right.

    • And reddit says I should just deal with my drivers with the utility that's already on Windows (all those driver utilities are full of red flags I agree), but I've never had any luck with that Windows thing.

    submitted by /u/mvhamm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel