• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 22, 2018

    Can you get a virus from downloading a .ZIP file? Tech Support

    Can you get a virus from downloading a .ZIP file? Tech Support


    Can you get a virus from downloading a .ZIP file?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    I accidentally downloaded a random .zip file, I clicked on a link that I thought would take me to a website but instead was a link to a .zip on that website. As long as I just deleted the file and didn't execute it am I fine?

    EDIT: Also, the link I clicked on was the link below, not that anyone should click on it.

    http://www.elf-emulation.com/rcs/TheLand_5_0_2.zip

    submitted by /u/le57percent
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail being bombarded with spam that appears to me coming from my account??

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:47 PM PDT

    This just started happening today and it's driving me insane. I've been receiving emails to my Gmail account that show the sender as me but from many random businesses with various international addresses. I tried to block them but the Gmail spam filter doesn't appear to work on them. Anyone experienced this??

    submitted by /u/bon1404
    [link] [comments]

    Hitachi 700gb HDD 100% Disk Usage Help

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:20 PM PDT

    I have an Hitachi 700gb HDD, that constantly goes up to 100% usage, opening anything, browser, games, spotify, vlc player, etc. Some programs make it worse than others. Opening a browser, can take anywhere from 2-4mins before it settles down.

    its usually the worse at start up but after a few hours, it doesn't really do it as much but still does it when it shouldn't.

    So far I have ran HDTune Pro, found 0 bad sectors, ran chkdsk scan, found 0 bad sectors. Disabled useless services on Windows 10 I.E. 'Superfetch"

    HDD Seems to be in good condition, so I don't understand what is going on.

    I bought the HDD about 6-7 months ago as well.

    Any idea of what could be the cause?

    At first I figured it was bad sectors, but everything comes up fine. Across multiple tests

    submitted by /u/KFded
    [link] [comments]

    When I scroll with touchpad scrolling continues when I lift one finger

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:59 PM PDT

    Either I noticed it today or something happened with my new computer, but when I use the scroll on my laptop's touchpad (I'm on Windows 10) and I lift one finger to try to move the mouse normally, the screen continues scrolling. Any idea why or how I can stop it?

    submitted by /u/NotEricLin
    [link] [comments]

    ISB Flash drive issue

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:11 PM PDT

    i dont know if this is the right subreddit to ask this question but please try helping me out.

    I cant write into my USB flash drive. It contains an incomplete file. When I try to format it on my laptop (win10) it says that it couldnt format the disk. When I try on my PC (win 7) it says the disk is write protected.

    I tried using CMD, Disk Management and regeddit.

    How did this happen- I was trying to add a vid to the flash drive through phone using an OTG. (the incomplete vid folder i talked about above)

    submitted by /u/anurag_ninave
    [link] [comments]

    Radeon Settings barely functions!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 11:08 PM PDT

    My Radeon Settings are extremely slow. It barely opens to begin with, takes almost a minute or two just to open it, if I TRY to switch tabs it either crashes (rarely) or just takes another minute to switch. If I click on the window and I get the not responding message. Also the settings (like AA, AF) aren't working in dx11 games only in dx9 ones. Specs: OS: Windows 7 (I also switched the compatibilty mode to Windows 7), Intel i5 2500, RX 560, 8GB Ram, Driver Version: Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.4, Programs in the background: MSI Afterburner with 20+ to the power limit and a custom fan curve, RivaTuner.

    submitted by /u/ShadowTH321
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor and Video Card Compatibility.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:49 PM PDT

    Windows 7 64 Bit GeForce 9800 GT (https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-9800gt/specifications) Amd Athlon II x3 455 4 GB Ram DDR3 Asus M4A87TD Current monitor is 1440 x 900

    Is it possible for my Video Card to handle this monitor? https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1078513-REG/benq_gw2765ht_27_led_screen.html 2560 x 1440 BenQ I'm sorry but I don't understand VGA and Digital Resolution so could you please help me?

    submitted by /u/Darkenstein42
    [link] [comments]

    Realtek HD Audio Driver not working after Windows 10 update

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:25 AM PDT

    Hello. I am running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) on a Lenovo ThinkPad E570. After updating, I am now on version 1709 of Windows.

    Before the update, my sound worked and the drivers looked like this. After messing around and ending up downloading the latest Intel Graphics driver (which includes Display Audio, apparently), I now can't get the Realtek driver working. I can only seem to get one of the two to show up in Device Manager at a time.

    I went through the install and restart process several times. Anyway, 'Realtek High Definition Audio Driver' version 6.0.1.8186 is in the list of installed programs but I get the message 'No Audio Output Device is installed' and it is not listed in Device Manager.

    Here are the current driver details. I notice the only difference is that HdAudio.sys is replaced with IntcDAud.sys in the list. The file HdAudio.sys is still in that folder. What am I missing here? Does this give any clues?

    submitted by /u/MissLauralot
    [link] [comments]

    My email is sending scam emails

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 06:58 PM PDT

    This morning, I woke up to about 2 scam emails from 'me' in my inbox and another two in my scam folder. I opened the email (didn't click any links etc.) and saw that the sender is my email 'via telus.com'. I did some researching and saw Telus is a canadian company, but I live in Australia.

    I've already changed my password and an email still got sent. I've also checked google activity and there's nothing out of the ordinary. Is there anything else I can do to try fix this?

    Edit: Thanks all, looks like it's happening o everyone. I guess just mark as spam and wait for Google to sort it out

    submitted by /u/NoMaybeYesDefinitely
    [link] [comments]

    Attempting to Upgrade GPU.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:31 PM PDT

    I'm extremely new to upgrading PC's/making them, but I am interested in upgrading my current GPU. I asked my tech-savvy friend about it, he says I have to make sure my motherboard was compatible with my new GPU saying the easiest way to finding out what you have is by benchmarking one's system. Which I did and figured out what motherboard I have but I don't know how to see a compatible GPU list for it. The MotherBoard Is: Dell 0C2XKD I don't know what GPU to buy right now I'm going to think of it after I see the viable options I have.

    submitted by /u/RealDarkOut
    [link] [comments]

    Computer randomly freezing for ~5 seconds after running a game for about a minute

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:27 PM PDT

    Starting about 2 weeks ago (no real software of hardware changes) my computer (Windows 10 Desktop) started freezing after about a minute of playing a game. Started with Overwatch but I've seen the same issue with a few other games. It will freeze for a couple seconds; full freeze, no mouse control, audio loops, etc, then continue working for another 15 seconds or so before repeating

    The issue persists after I close the game until i do a restart of the computer. I've updated and reinstalled my graphics drivers. Looking at my task manager there seems to be a spike in C: Disk usage corresponding to the freezes, but none of the games being played are installed on that volume.

    Any ideas? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/xlii1356
    [link] [comments]

    need help with migrating old HDD to a new PC

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:27 PM PDT

    Tomorrow I'm putting new parts into my PC and would like to keep everything on my current HDD rather than doing a fresh installation of Win 10 because I don't have unlimited internet, and it's also not very fast. So I'm just wondering if I need to uninstall anything off my HDD that could interfere with the new parts. (And if so, what exactly do I need to uninstall?) Or is Win 10 able to detect the new parts and get rid of the old drivers, etc.

    submitted by /u/osFade
    [link] [comments]

    I think someone hacked my iphone wirelessly?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:00 AM PDT

    so recently i've been getting these emails that said someone has been tying to access my steam account from countries like China and Thailand. I kept changing my password but it seems like the person got it right everytime (somehow).

    Just moments ago, siri was suddenly activated with the words "siri give me steam please", which opens up the steam page showing the Steam Guard code. I immediately closed the app, deleted it and turned off my phone. Feeling pretty freaked out right now, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/aahbozz
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail spoofing

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 08:16 PM PDT

    My wife has been getting spoofed emails on her gmail account. The emails show up in her sent folder, and appear as sent from her account via "telus.com"

    We've changed her password, logged out all apps, done security checkup, ended all other sessions, etc. No suspicious logins or anything, but I just want to double check there's no obvious indication her account is compromised. Honestly kind of difficult to find a straight answer.

    Here's an email header - replaced her email with a**********@gmail.com

    Delivered-To: a**********@gmail.com

    Received: by 10.179.116.12 with SMTP id o12csp2037320lte;

     Sat, 21 Apr 2018 20:04:57 -0700 (PDT) 

    X-Google-Smtp-Source:

    AIpwx49TIB4pPKkUpNMSxi0MHtg8HLFOZd1EBgWMLmwKRXstkRTho8ceGDAmhb9q2K+kEXKfVzTI

    X-Received: by 10.55.93.65 with SMTP id r62mr16150545qkb.143.1524366297100; Sat, 21 Apr 2018 20:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

    ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1524366297; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=L2aMcrKrjZpobJU/vwROmiglbSTAo+aWUKUWKmjho14+wrxGZ4tAwJV2810+jGb+YM dZrEDSJHrbPDgRJ1++fIf7LIpcfs1PFerLfzQ053Xdgg3r5TP4Zx1fxFJL8vnYEOrzAz ZdwUAD0WYhcoBv4tqh12DC8/llS1ozTTzJ23eqomRPR44ztCFg7wCVakHMNCamkfeLZ 6NAVDuFa17D2nDlWqxuWx4Mzqk+M8m62+537Kx/8WgctGQkInEBOSW9MjQannn0ypm1 zNJA==

    ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=date:message-id:subject:to:from:arc-authentication-results; bh=0aJCo0m8vZ/sQc9Nlmo8ROnRDRTGZ+Gk/7Z0K16FpBU=; b=zG75RU2XF3j2UVD74Npnqm1O+YFC+Xm/sDhZC+/0GbJAD8kW7kBJqXpkk0OL9XAIG6 0CtSACpJAbYlqYdMGsigBKsc9f5f6YpKyVrGDFXf2okV7izpLGjjaZhmrJl1JHRal5ftg uYITe23vScjHquczh23eaDaa+AwyYDU1l/YUmSxSq7wV5pfUgeimyuu8jEVoqnPosK Q5y5YKjoKtLJVVHt5CDAU33CX3mZ6bbzy/FbkywyBVQ1QflE2vQapgFZ8SpsFOMdwMzw 01kA==

    ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com

     spf=pass (google.com: domain of reply@telus.com designates 50.233.80.85 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=Reply@telus.com dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com 

    Return-Path: Reply@telus.com

    Received: from fairycount.com (50-233-80-85-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net. [50.233.80.85])

    by mx.google.com with ESMTP id q37si1414218qkq.117.2018.04.21.20.04.56 for <a**********@gmail.com>; Sat, 21 Apr 2018 20:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of reply@telus.com designates 50.233.80.85 as permitted sender)

    client-ip=50.233.80.85;

    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;

     spf=pass (google.com: domain of reply@telus.com designates 50.233.80.85 as permitted sender) 

    smtp.mailfrom=Reply@telus.com;

     dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com 

    Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning nkhpw@google.com does not designate 13.58.85.245 as permitted sender) client-ip=13.58.85.245;

    From: ----------------- <a**********@gmail.com>

    To: mldsofhe@pichincha.com, tsldn@gateway.pronaca.com, support@hawkhost.com, admin@betterwithfn.com, promo@freelance.com, fun@vevo.com, olala@healdshall.co.uk, rep@lotto.gg, aqwx@kaffee.de, tesr@metropcs.mobi, ports@salesforce.com, clors@sohu.com, infoq@sina.com.cn, plosgsq@global.jd.com, zayn@sbcglobal.win, <tv_skdfs@gmw.cn>, plsdof@csdn.net, osdhfdsz@ladbible.com, yshrdel@wordpress.com, replyse@roblox.com, contactksd@scribd.com

    Subject: Date Easy with English Speaking Russian Women

    Message-ID: <NkhPw@google.com=Mx.google.com>

    Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:04:34 -0400

    Content-Type: multipart/report; boundary="f4f5e80f07d80f991b056a2936a0"; report-type=delivery-status

    X-EMMAIL: <@googlemail.fr a**********@gmail.com>

    submitted by /u/bowtch
    [link] [comments]

    How serious are Kernel Power 41 63 restarts? And what can be done to prevent them?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 12:01 AM PDT

    Got these twice overall in my lifetime of using my custom built pc i built 2 years ago.

    Both times involved me playing/opening Rainbow 6 siege with chrome open playing music so that probably anaswers my 2nd question.

    Just restarts, no blue screen, so what's the problem?

    submitted by /u/GGambino
    [link] [comments]

    Audio switching ears in headset

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:12 PM PDT

    Randomly within any game my directional audio will become reversed. Tried most, if not all troubleshooting steps but problem still persists.

    (USB headset-PC)

    Edit: Read post rules and feel like I should add more info:

    Steel Series Serbia 150 headset

    Windows 10

    Went through Steel Series support, followed instructions and notified them it persisted. No response as of yet.

    submitted by /u/MuRpH902
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure how someone got into my email

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:05 PM PDT

    I noticed that someone was sending advertisements from my email. I looked into last used devices and it's only my stuff. How can this be ? Btw I changed my password and enabled two way Authenticator is that good enough?

    submitted by /u/Jackyeung99
    [link] [comments]

    How do I configure Windows 10 to delete all user files every time I log on/off?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:51 AM PDT

    So I want to set up Windows 10 like a library computer, making it delete all user files every time I either log off or on.

    Is this possible?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/nmchmsk
    [link] [comments]

    Is using two Ethernet cables slowing my download speed?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 01:50 AM PDT

    I have 50 mbps for my internet. My main PC I use is in my room connected to the internet with two Ethernet cables attached by a connector and stretches over 30 feet to the modem. I keep getting lower than 50 mbps on the speed test and they are never the same speeds, usually ranging from 16-30 mbps. I double checked with a laptop using a 6 ft Ethernet cord and constantly getting 50-53 mbps. I'm assuming it must be the two Ethernet cords connected, but not entirely sure if that is the issue or not.

    submitted by /u/dnguyen93
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a lot of spam emails to my main Gmail into my inbox saying it's "me" and shows my email but is stuff like "click for a girlfriend" "you just won $1000", etc?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:47 PM PDT

    This was all of a sudden today. I don't think I put my email in anything recently though. How do I block these?

    How do I detect and cut off the source? Mainly use my phone with Gmail app btw. And used this email for nearly a decade without this issue.

    submitted by /u/AnokataX
    [link] [comments]

    Can I increase my network write speed? ReadyShare USB

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:26 PM PDT

    I use my modem-routers ready share feature to create a media server where everyone in my household can dump their SD cards to my 128 GB flash drive any time they get full. We're usually moving between 4-64 GBs each time depending on the person so it could take a while. Windows says my current write speed is 750KB/s. My internet upload is 2mb/s. Is it possible for my internet speed to be faster than my network speed? I have 4 bars of wifi so i should in theory be able to go up to 100mb/s, right?

    submitted by /u/mythical_legend
    [link] [comments]

    A few weeks ago my microphone all of a sudden started producing a loud hum that makes me unable to talk to people through discord, etc

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:24 PM PDT

    Recently, all of a sudden, my build has been blasting my microphones with a ton of background noise. I know it's something to do with my PC and not my microphones because they work fine on my girlfriend's laptop.

    Here is a recording of the background noise, first regularly, then I turn on AGC which makes it a lot louder. https://vocaroo.com/i/s0XCYk15KOMn

    Also I want to note that no matter how loud I talk into the microphone I cannot overcome the noise and talk with friends on discord or games.

    Here is my build just in case it makes a difference (its old don't make fun!)

    AMD Phenom II X4 B55

    Biostar A880G+ Mobo

    Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850 1GB

    GSkill DDR3 1333 PC3-1066 1x4GB

    It happens with both my Tonor USB microphone and a logitech 3.5mm microphone. I've tried every single USB port and both the front and back mic inputs.

    submitted by /u/Higais
    [link] [comments]

    CPU good enough?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 09:13 PM PDT

    Specs:

    Windows 10 64 Bit

    Gigabyte GTX 1080

    Intel I5 7600k overclocked to 4.4 GHz

    16 Gigs of Ram

    Hey guys, not a frequent user of reddit, so sorry if this is not the right place to post.

    Yesterday, I installed my GTX 1080. I currently have a 120Hz monitor and I was hoping to play some games at 120 fps now with my monitor so it would look oh so smooth. However, I was a little disappointed to find that my games, even though there was a significant improvement from my GTX 960, couldn't seem to sustain 120 frames per second in games like GTAV, Battlefield 1, and Dying Light. Each of my cores is at a constant 100 percent while in most games. (Both GPU and CPU drivers are up to date)

    So I my question would be is my only option to reach 120 fps to get a new CPU? If not, please leave any tips! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If so, are there any reasonably priced CPUs that could help me reach this goal?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BigBuddyBob
    [link] [comments]

    Stream multiple RTSP channels on Linux Mint

    Posted: 21 Apr 2018 07:44 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm trying to stream a security system made up of Samsung IP cameras and a Samsung DVR to a computer running the latest build of Linux Mint (18.3). Now, I'm using FFMpeg and FFplay to stream both HTTP and RTSP traffic. This is on the local network, so firewalls and port forwarding aren't an issue.

    I was able to set up an IP camera from my phone and successfully stream using

    ffplay http://192.168.0.147:9653/video -fs -an -fast

    Now I'm trying to stream and display the security cameras using the proper RTSP authentication

    ffplay "rtsp://username:p@ssword"@192.168.0.4:4514/VIDEO

    Some things here: I had to fiddle with the quotation marks since the password contains an "@" and that was messing with the syntax. I also can only connect by having "VIDEO" in all caps, and I only figured that out because I had caps lock activated when I meant to hit the shift key. Thirdly, this only streams the first channel in the stream; I can't change or display the other channels.

    Now, the only way to remotely access the "CCTV" stream is to use the iPOLIS app, which properly interprets the stream and allows you to see all the channels/cameras being broadcast. My guess, from Google'ing around, is the ffplay wasn't designed to actually do what I'm trying to make it do, but I haven't used the right keywords apparently because I can't find a good solution. I've already tried mplayer and VLC, neither worked. Is this possible with the ffplay toolkit, or is there a software solution that I can use, paid or free?

    My last ditch effort may be to just install an Android emulator and use the iPOLIS app that way. Thanks for reading! I'd appreciate any feedback!

    submitted by /u/Certified_GSD
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air battery runs down really quickly.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 03:50 AM PDT

    It now only runs for about 2.5 hours before the battery gets to 20%, at which point it goes almost straight to 0. It also seems to charge very quickly, as in it only takes about 1.5 hours to charge back up again, which seems very odd.

    All this is just from my typical workload, which is a couple of word documents and chrome open with about 3-4 tabs.

    Specs: macOS Sierra 1.7GHz Intel Core i7 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB

    This is what it says on the diagnostics page under Power:

    Battery Information:

    Cell Revision: 1200

    Charge Information:

    Charge Remaining (mAh): 2061 Fully Charged: No Charging: Yes Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 5964

    Health Information:

    Cycle Count: 620 Condition: Normal Battery Installed: Yes Amperage (mA): 4083 Voltage (mV): 7620

    System Power Settings:

    AC Power: System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0 Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10 Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10 Wake on AC Change: No Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes Wake on LAN: Yes AutoPowerOff Delay: 28800 AutoPowerOff Enabled: 0 Current Power Source: Yes DarkWakeBackgroundTasks: 1 Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes Hibernate Mode: 3 PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0 Standby Delay: 10800 Standby Enabled: 1 Battery Power: System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10 Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10 Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10 Wake on AC Change: No Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes AutoPowerOff Delay: 0 AutoPowerOff Enabled: 0 DarkWakeBackgroundTasks: 0 Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes Hibernate Mode: 3 Reduce Brightness: Yes Standby Delay: 10800 Standby Enabled: 1

    Hardware Configuration:

    UPS Installed: No

    AC Charger Information:

    Connected: Yes ID: 0x07a1 Wattage (W): 45 Family: 0x00ba Serial Number: 0x00f42f6f Charging: Yes

    submitted by /u/trustmeimweird
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel