• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, April 15, 2018

    Broke screen on my Samsung galaxy 3(old I know). It still works. How can I get in and recover some of the data? Android Help

    Broke screen on my Samsung galaxy 3(old I know). It still works. How can I get in and recover some of the data? Android Help


    Broke screen on my Samsung galaxy 3(old I know). It still works. How can I get in and recover some of the data?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:55 PM PDT

    My husband broke his headphone jack off in his ZTE max XL. Is there any way to bypass the phone thinking he's listening to music?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:52 AM PDT

    After some careful minor surgery he couldn't get it out and now the phone is stuck thinking he's got his headphones in. Is there any way to bypass this and trick it? Am I even asking this correctly

    submitted by /u/LadyRaoulDukeGonzo
    [link] [comments]

    Rugged-ish and VZ Compatible - help?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:16 PM PDT

    We're paramedics. We've had the Moto Z Play Droid for a while now - great battery life, more than functional.

    However, in the past month my wife lost one Play to water, and then dropped the replacement yesterday and shattered the screen. So - options?

    Wireless charging, waterproof, durable and battery life are the major concerns.

    Thoughts include a V30, the Kyocera DuraForce Pro, another Play but in a serious case, perhaps the Z2 Force (but no waterproofing there, right?) or maybe a Pixel 2? Could an S8 Active be activated and band compatible on VZ?

    I'd like thoughts, and any other possible suggestions. I'm not against something like a Huawei or ZTE if they'll be compatible with the VZ bands.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Airos42
    [link] [comments]

    I have a Nexus 7 2013. It's pretty sluggish these days. Would rooting and putting on a different rom speed it up in any significant way?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:11 PM PDT

    Could you use a magnet as a 3d stylus?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 09:24 PM PDT

    I was using one of the sensor apps and noticed the magnetometer has 3 axis and all seem to get somewhat consistent readings on my Nexus 6p. Could a magnet be used to draw with in 3 dimensions?

    submitted by /u/jared213
    [link] [comments]

    Phone turns on bluetooth and gps at 5% battery (Samsung galaxy s7 edge/Android 7.0)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 11:51 AM PDT

    I have a samsung galaxy s7 edge with Android 7.0. Every time my battery reaches 5% it turns on bluetooth and gps.

    It look like it is some kind of battery saving setting, but instead of shutting them down, like it should be, it turns them on definitly killing the battery.

    How can i turn it off?

    submitted by /u/Mim3sis
    [link] [comments]

    Google Pay not working after modifications to my device

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 07:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys. So I recently rooted and flashed a custom Kernel on my Pixel 2 XL (I have a the stock 8.1 Oreo April OTA). Both Magisk and Flash Kernel pass SafteyNet (Magisk I tested, Flash Kernel says it's built to) and ever since then Google Pay starts up not Ally, but when I go to add a card it gets stuck in a loading screen. I have tried reinstalling, and even installing an older APK. What can I do? Thanks for the help in advance.

    submitted by /u/SassMasterRecon
    [link] [comments]

    Opitmizers

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 12:03 PM PDT

    Do all optimizer apps cause issues? I think they do more harm and seem useless when your phone does it on it's own.

    submitted by /u/Rotten_Raven_13
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy s9, picture disappering from folder.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    I got my new S9 a week ago, and when i save a picture from imgur or other site, it has a 10% chance it will randomly disappear from my phone.

    My phone is currently ruining android 8.0 (Oreo)

    submitted by /u/FancyMustardJar
    [link] [comments]

    Help me pair my head phones to my new S9

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 06:25 PM PDT

    UPTOWNS WIRELESS LIGHTWEIGHT NECKLACE EARBUDS MODEL MI-BTE74 followed the quick start pair guide in manual doesn't show up under the list of bluetooth options. Is my phone blocking it not compatible?

    submitted by /u/Reid89
    [link] [comments]

    How Accurate is Accubattery? - Galaxy S7 Battery Health at 65%

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    After 10 sessions accubattery estimates my battery capacity at 1938 mah or 65% of original capacity. Is this an accurate prediction? My battery does seem to have gotten worse recently but 35% degradation seems pretty bad to me.

    submitted by /u/realthedeal
    [link] [comments]

    Are screen protectors still necessary with newer phones?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 06:10 PM PDT

    Had a Galaxy S6 since release, without a screen protector, not a scratch on it even after several drops and being put in pockets with keys and other things. Is that coincidence, or has the glass technology gotten better to the point protectors aren't too necessary?

    Main reason i'm asking is because I just bought a Galaxy S9+ and honestly don't really want to bother with a protector, I really like the screen which I understand is dumb to say because I may not like the screen for long if it breaks.

    So are they even necessary these days?


    Side question: Looking for screen protector recommendations for a Galaxy S9+. Something that reduces smudges, doesn't ruin touch, is near unnoticeable. I've heard of liquid screen protectors but that sounds like a gimmick.

    submitted by /u/RzK
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make Google App searches open in a third-party browser?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    When searching via the Google App (whether that be the search bar or Assistant), any links that are opened create a Chrome Custom Tab within the Google App.

    I use Brave as my main browser, with Lynket to provide custom tabs.

    Is there a way to get the Google App to use them instead?

    submitted by /u/Ryanjtombs
    [link] [comments]

    Phone screen turns off automatically regardless of setting

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 12:02 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I have an LG Stylo and the phone screen dims after about 7 seconds of inactivity and then a few seconds later goes black. I have my "Screen Timeout" set to "Keep screen turned on" and I do not have auto-brightness enabled. The phone screen stays lit if watching a video however, that is about it.

    I decided to download the app "Screen On" which is supposed to keep the screen on until I lock the phone and it has been successful. However, it is rather annoying to have to continue using these kinds of apps and just adds battery drain.

    Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can try? I have spent hours looking for a solution and can't seem to find one.

    submitted by /u/SSBM_Cob
    [link] [comments]

    Lag with Night Light enabled

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 12:00 PM PDT

    Has anyone else experienced lag when using Night Light? I am running a custom ROM -- Paranoid Android, to be specific. The lag is bearable, nothing serious, but it is only when Night Light is enabled.

    submitted by /u/yaboynatan
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile data

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:58 PM PDT

    Mobile data keeps turning on on Oreo when the WiFi is turned off and the screen is locked. How do you stop it?

    submitted by /u/Jaguar0110
    [link] [comments]

    Is there ANYTHING I can do to stop the sports stories on my Google Now feed?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    I have been using the Google Now (or whatever they're calling it this month) news feed for a couple of years and it's not perfect but it's pretty good. But for the past few months it has decided I must be super interested in sports and I'm getting 10+ sports stories a day.

    It seems to be personalised to some degree because it's showing me sports relevant to my region (I'm in Australia so getting lots of cricket, AFL, Commonwealth Games this month, etc).

    I have ALWAYS had sports unticked in the Customise Feed section. With EVERY sports news story I try to select "not interested in..." but more often than not that option doesn't appear or, if it does, it's something very specific like not interested in some particular player.

    It's at the point now where I'm giving up on the news feed because it's really taking up more than half of the feed and I'm sick of seeing it. Scrolling through my feed right now I have 13 stories, and TEN of them are sports stories!

    • Rugby Sevens
    • Commonwealth Games
    • Commonwealth Games
    • Basketball (WTF?!)
    • Rugby Sevens
    • F1
    • Basketball (seriously WTF, I'm in Australia)
    • Rugby Union
    • Rugby Union
    • F1

    Any advice? Or should I just seek alternative sources? I like the Google Now feed because it's a quick swipe away, but this is intolerable.

    submitted by /u/y7w3ftyn970tytmcd43q
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] My phone always turns on or restarts automatically when on charge. Why does this happen?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 11:47 AM PDT

    LG X Charge - How do I change the settings to see messages at my lick screen without unlocking my phone?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:43 PM PDT

    It just says unlock to see sensitive information. I don't want to do that every time.

    submitted by /u/___ALIVEPUDDLE___
    [link] [comments]

    What are some things that an Android Phones do that an Android robot can do?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    I realise this is absolute fluff but I was struggling to think up any really big similarities. This for a video I am planning to make.

     

     

    submitted by /u/live4lifelegit
    [link] [comments]

    VLC did something very embarrassing. Has this happened to anyone else?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:20 PM PDT

    I was in the car with my family and my wife uses my phone to navigate. She reopens the phone and some, uh, locally stored "non-family" content autoplays in VLC. I close all apps and chalk it up to error. She closes the phone then later checks it again. IT DOES IT AGAIN, with a different file. I check my files manager, she didn't open the files. I open VLC it's not autoplaying for me. I close it all again and I get an android warning that VLC is using a lot of battery. Regardless, very embarrassing for me.

    submitted by /u/skeletorcares
    [link] [comments]

    Project,earning and debt

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:13 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,I need an idea for an android app project that I have to submit in few weeks,the problem is I have made few apps but they are just regular ones now this time I want to invest good time and work on a project that I can post on google playstore and earn some money too because obviously as a student I have debts to clear. Any idea will be highly appreciated .

    submitted by /u/satan_isthat_you
    [link] [comments]

    Phone recommendations?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:09 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm looking to buy a new phone. Right now i have an LG G5 . I was looking at the LG G7 that's coming out soon but i think I'd like to try something different, like the Pixel 2 XL, although it doesn't have a headphone jack. What are some good phones i should check out? Thanks

    submitted by /u/drunken_gungan
    [link] [comments]

    Removing carrier apps

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 05:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I can't find an answer to this question, probably because I'm just bad at Google. I have a Note 5 that I bought through Sprint that I'm gifting to mother who has AT&T. I got Sprint to unlock it, but the device still has all the Sprint apps that came with the phone. Is there a way to factory reset it back to a "standard" Android version without any of these apps? Do I need to root it? Should I just ignore it? I'm guessing it won't affect the functionality of the phone, but I really don't want to be tech support when she invariably opens one of them and breaks something. I'll take "just ignore it" as a valid response if it's a pain to deal with!

    Thanks for any guidance.

    submitted by /u/MemesAreBad
    [link] [comments]

    Can't recieve any messages but can send them?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2018 04:40 PM PDT

    I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and out of no where I realize that I'm not getting my messages anymore. It's wierd because I can send them out to people along with making and recieving phone calls are fine.

    One thing I do notice is that no mobile data is being used for my messages app. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/IronManJ
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel