• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, April 20, 2018

    Android Gaming Weekly 'What have you been playing?' thread - 04/20

    Android Gaming Weekly 'What have you been playing?' thread - 04/20


    Weekly 'What have you been playing?' thread - 04/20

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    This weekly thread is for discussing the games we are playing this week! List any games you are playing and include any extra information like what the game is about and why you are enjoying playing it.

    Make sure you provide a link to the Google Play Store page when suggesting games. Play Store Links Bot can be used to make this easier. To use the Play Store Links Bot simply put the following in your comment:

    linkme: nameOfGame, nameOfSecondGame, nameOfThirdGame. 

    Click here to see the previous weekly threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    32 Quick Tl;Dr Android Game Reviews / Recommendations (Episode 52) - ANNIVERSARY EDITION!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:24 AM PDT

    Thank you!

    I've never had more fun playing mobile games than this past year where I've uploaded daily videos to YouTube and posted my weekly tl;dr series here on AndroidGaming!

    The interactions with you fine folk is why I keep at it week after week, and I just wanted to ensure you all knew how much I appreciate that!

    So, as promised, to celebrate this 52nd episode, which marks my one year anniversary, here's the list of my personal 32 favorite games that really had fun playing, many of which I keep coming back to.

    Finding an overall top-list was impossible as I played so many great ones, so instead, I decided to split the list into sections / categories - much like in an award show. So here goes! :)

    Watch my Anniversary YouTube video going over the games

    Best Action Gameplay Experience
    Best Shooter Gameplay Experience
    Best RPG Gameplay Experience
    Best Oldschool / Nostalgia Gameplay Experience
    Best Strategy Gameplay Experience
    Best Roguelike Gameplay Experience
    Best Multiplayer Gameplay Experience
    Most Fun Gameplay Experience
    Best Silly Gameplay Experience
    Best Casual / Platformer Gameplay Experience
    Best Impossible Game

    Thanks again for everything, and if you want to support me in any way, I'm not really looking for money (although thanks to those who have offered to support med financially <3), but simply watching my videos till the end means the world of a difference, as it increases watch-time on YouTube, which is what the algorithm looks at when recommending content to others :p

    And as always; everything will of course be back to normal next week.

    Now, let's discuss these games ;)

    submitted by /u/NimbleThor
    [link] [comments]

    [Sale] Siralim 2 (Roguelike RPG Game) - $4.99 -> $1.99

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:35 PM PDT

    Capcom Shutting Down Puzzle Fighter Less Than Six Months After Launch

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 05:41 PM PDT

    How can a game with such bad rating get to the top of the play store?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 05:08 PM PDT

    I know there has already been conversation about how click-bait games are a problem for play-store. but, is the play store actually promoting them? i was browsing the play-store recently and saw something that made me figuratively spit out my drink. this : https://imgur.com/a/fZrq3Yk look at the game in the #6 spot, here is the game's page : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crush.will.fortgames Nobody liked this game. and yet it get the 6th place on the play-store. go home play-store you are drunk.

    submitted by /u/InstantStudio
    [link] [comments]

    Ok , can someone explain how these games are remotely related to Bloon td 5? These ads are getting ridiculous.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 04:51 AM PDT

    Best AR games?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:54 PM PDT

    Pokemon go was pretty boring, just a stamp collection game.

    Monster Hunter was actually really good, but nobody played it, and you couldn't battle other players.

    Magus is a bit too involved for the purposes I'm looking for, and never really got into it.

    Ingress I opened once and never again

    As spring is starting, I would like to have something to do outside when I walk or jog... If there was an actual pokemon game, with the turn based combat, that'd be great.

    Or really anything else, that isn't super involved, and is more than just stamp collection.

    submitted by /u/alphapussycat
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like I'm in a sub specifically for requests.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 04:25 PM PDT

    So I enjoy that the mods are testing out requests. I do. I enjoy some of them some of the time. But I end up feeling like I'm just scrolling through requests which takes away the reason I come to this sub. I enjoy seeing new games that devs post or general discussion about a specific game. I also understand that tipofmyjoystick might not be the best place for finding Android games specifically and so I understand why people would ask here.

    I guess what I'm saying is I wish the old style request thread was stickied.

    Anyone have any feedback thus far?

    submitted by /u/kurtman
    [link] [comments]

    What's the most interesting pixel art you've ever seen in a game?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 11:39 AM PDT

    I'm becoming interested in creating pixel art, so the complexity of the art doesn't matter to me. I just want to see the coolest stuff out there.

    submitted by /u/diosmuerteborracho
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Game like Shining Force II

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:43 AM PDT

    Any RPG's out there like Shining Force II? Really enjoy tactical battles like Fire Emblem Heroes, but want the story and walking around along with it.

    Don't mind it it's a paid game.

    submitted by /u/DocHollidae
    [link] [comments]

    Finally ,my first game is available for mobile , Android, Amazon .

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:37 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, well just to share my first mobile game release with you, I've worked on it for the best part of a year, and I learned a lot , I've always wanted to develop games and even if it' not the epic game that I would like to create , like many that Indies I've follow are making, is my first step and I'll continue to improve and one day make the game that I dream. Anyway is release day at last so I'll leave a link if you want to check it out.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.HeronGames.BaseBallOut2

    submitted by /u/ShiackHeron
    [link] [comments]

    [request] Hopefully there's a game like this ... or maybe not.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 05:31 PM PDT

    Greetings.

    I've been looking for months, and I still haven't found a RPG that fully satisfies me. It's either a P2W cashgrab, or a paid game, or it requires internet to play. The closest that I've got is Eternium, but even that I'm kind of getting fed up with.

    Because here's the thing: my phone has a very limited data plan, only to be used in emergencies, and I only have reliable wi-fi at home. But at home I play on the PC, not the phone. My phone is my multi-role gaming platform away from home. So whatever games I install of my phone pretty much have to be playable offline.

    But back on topic. What I'm looking for is a "kind-of-MMORPG-ish" game within these lines:

    • Open-world/not instanced - I don't mind loading screens, but for instanced stuff, Eternium is enough.;

    • Controlable character, like a hack & slash - Again, for a "point-and-click" type of game, Eternium is enough. I'd like to actually control the character, for a change.;

    • Playable offline - For the reason stated above. I'm OK with logging in once in a while for daily login rewards and watch a couple of ads for freemium stuff and some buffs, but demanding internet connection to actually play the game is a no-no. I don't care for multiplayer/PVP content, although I wouldn't mind a market board/auction thing to buy/sell stuff with other players, for ingame currency.;

    • F2P, no paywalled content - If I had lots of money to spend, I'd have a much better data plan on my phone and I wouldn't be writing this post, now would I? Also, I'm not about to pay for something that I may regret later. And yes, I know about Implosion, but I was late for the full game selling discount.;

    • No pixelated graphics - This is no potato phone that I have, took a lot of IRL grinding to get, so I'm looking for something graphically appealing, or at least not ugly. If I wanted to see pixels, I'd go watch some R18 japanese cartoons. /s;

    • Some enjoyable questline/storyline - Just mindlessly go out there and kill stuff for loots is ... It gets old very fast.

    I think that's pretty much it. Whatever I've found, lacks in at least one of these points. Googling for this stuff (either on browser or on the Play Store) bombards me with P2W cashgrabs, paid stuff or online-forced stuff. It's driving me nuts!

    Help me, Android Gaming, you're my only hope!

    PS: Apologies if I sound arrogant or offensive, IRL has not been very kind lately ...

    inb4 "It does not exist"

    submitted by /u/Kam0laZ
    [link] [comments]

    Crashy Bash Boom - Tank game designed for parents with small kids

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:42 AM PDT

    https://i.redd.it/z9mt8i32i2t01.jpg

    Afternoon to all r/AndroidGaming subscribers

    At the tail end of last year, following a two year development cycle, I released a new mobile game to the Google Play store called 'Crashy Bash Boom'.

    Based upon the concept of guiding a small tank, called 'Pop Pop' around a playroom, the player can interact with a number of other toys either by crashing into them, blasting them with the tanks' projectiles or by touching an object directly. As a parent of two children under 12, I often found myself passing them my phone and then struggling to get it back without some sort of tantrum (the kids often got upset too) until a quest or building task was finished. Crashy Bash Boom is purposefully designed to let the little 'un have a quick play, as a way to pass a few minutes but also relinquish the device when it came time to end.

    Priced at 0.59p (GBP), the game features no loot boxes or in-app purchases, just a full game with further updates to hopefully as and when I, as a solo developer, am able to do so.

    Last month, I also released Crashy Bash Boom - Boxed which is a completely free version of the game, but with a smaller play area and only a few of the interactive features. Acting like a playable demo, there's no time limit, no in-app purchases or adverts. If the parent and child likes what they see, and are happy to pay for the full game, then like the old demo games on a magazine cover, its perfomed its task.

    'Crashy Bash Boom - Boxed' also acts as a sandbox for the main game. If people want to see anything added to the game, they can let me know if the game's comments and if it seems feasible, it'll be tested out in the box before graduating to the full version.

    Dev Notes: Both games were built using Blender and Unity, and due to my complete lack of coding ability, PlayMaker Visual Scripting was used

    submitted by /u/bazzajunior
    [link] [comments]

    Durango: Wild Lands pre-registration is available on Indonesia Google Play Store. Will be released on May 2018

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:10 AM PDT

    What happened to the 2017 top ten?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:15 PM PDT

    There's no entry in the wiki for 2017 and no search results. Has it been forgotten?

    submitted by /u/seekret
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Help me find a game full of chaos like Bombsquad

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    Hi, i've just noticed that it is now allowed to make a request thread, so i hope you'll pardon me for making this thread.

    Anyways, i'm kinda tired with those grind heavy gacha games i used to play, and now i'm looking for a game where you can just enter the game and have fun with it, i would prefer the game to be like bombsquad, it's good physics and chaotic arena gameplay would easily make me burst to laughter.

    I'd also prefer the game to be multiplayer, and i'd like the game to not be an FPS.

    submitted by /u/RageGoria
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] A rhythm plus gatcha game.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    I'm currently playing Tapsonic Top and I really like it, but the gatcha rates are horrible (.5%). Can anyone recommend a similar game with better rates?

    submitted by /u/Kikklik
    [link] [comments]

    Any RISK fans? We're giving away free codes for testing Android devices

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:14 AM PDT

    Game/Device Suggestion Requests, Support and General Discussion - 4 Day Thread for Friday, Apr 20 to Tuesday, Apr 24

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:13 AM PDT

    Requests for game suggestions, device (phones/tablets/controllers/peripherals) recommendations, technical support questions and of course general discussions are all welcome!. This post will be live for four days beginning now (Friday, Apr 20) and ending on Tuesday, Apr 24.

    Game recommendations / requests can also be made in our Discord server in the #recommendations channel.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Help me find more games with this kind of combat!

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:26 AM PDT

    Hey friends, I don't know what this genre is called or if it's even a genre, but I've been looking for games where in combat you pull and launch your heroes and they bounce around. Here's an example video I found of that type of game (although the game in the video seems to be dead now):

    Gameplay example!

    So far I've found out that Hyper Heroes is that kind of game, but it also has a VIP system and I don't really trust it. Anyone know of any other games like this? It would mean a lot! (doesn't have to be an anime game or anything, just this type of combat)

    Thanks. :)

    submitted by /u/AccioSexLife
    [link] [comments]

    Can't run Gangstar New Orleans

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:10 AM PDT

    I used to have the Huawei P9 lite and the game could be downloaded but played very badly. Now I have Huawei P20 lite and it says my device is not supported. Any help?

    submitted by /u/Unterkrainer
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Looking for a party managment game

    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 10:28 PM PDT

    I am looking for a game where you have to manage a party of heros in order to advance in the game further and further with every run. Something like Soda Dungeon (love that game but after countless hours I am pretty much done). The managment side can be heavy or light, the game can be F2P or paid and it can be idle focused.

    submitted by /u/Feline_Majesty
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel