• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, April 20, 2018

    Android devices don't have internet connectivity Android Help

    Android devices don't have internet connectivity Android Help


    Android devices don't have internet connectivity

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 10:50 AM PDT

    All of my Android phones that are connected to my wifi network refuse to connect to the internet with every app except web browers.

    On my iOS device, the internet is working fine, as is every other wifi thing in the house (laptops, amazon fire tv etc).

    The internet works with all apps, if I use my Private Internet Access VPN though on the Android phones (wtf). I've tried factory resetting, tried with no apps installed other than the defaults (no VPN or anything) and it just seems too bizarre to comprehend.

    I've tried two different routers (have a netgear router and a huawei one) and both have the same problem, with Android phones only.

    I had a Nexus 6P which worked fine with the same routers. It broke. My Samsung Galaxy S6 and Huawei P8-Lite) both have the internet connectivity issue though.

    I'm at my wits end now and cannot figure this out. Googling hasn't helped either.

    Any advice? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Dannyg86
    [link] [comments]

    Tablet audio/visual playback problem

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:07 PM PDT

    My tablet (hudl 2) just this week started having some weird audio and visual playback issues. Any advice would be very appreciated.

    Audio is fine using the built in speaker or wired headphones, but "stutters" if I use my Bluetooth headphones. This is new; the headphones worked just a handful of days ago and they work with my phone no problem.

    Video has a similar issue, it'll slow for a fraction of a second and catch up. Depending on what I'm watching the gap between slowdown and catchup changes and sometimes it seems more like it's jumping than catching up. That last bit might be my imagination though.

    Both the audio and video things happens for both online and offline stuff, so it's not an Internet issue. My other devices aren't affected and it doesn't matter what app I use the issue is the exact same.

    I've not installed any new apps recently. My tablet has plenty of storage space free.

    Oddly enough the game I was playing has had no issues with stuttering and I've not had issues with UI animations.

    Edit: well, after a few restarts the audiovisual stuttering problem stopped. But now the screen goes blank (backlight on, but black screen) after a few minutes while the audio continues. Volume controls still work. This only happened when using a particular app, I tried another for a while but after a while I swapped to the one I actually wanted to use and after a minute or two it broke again. Not sure if it's anything to do with the app or just bad timing.

    I could test it further but it's 2:30am here and I want to sleep. Again, any advice or pointers would be very welcome.

    submitted by /u/gyroda
    [link] [comments]

    (Help) just switch to driod from iPhone and I'm looking for a hotspot app. I have the old Verizon unlimited plan that doesn't allow hotspots

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:35 PM PDT

    I used to have a jailbroken iPhone that was able to bypass the restriction and allow me to creat a hotspot with my phone. Are there any droid apps that can help me with that. I haven't rooted my phone yet because I just bought it and I don't want to void the warranty just yet.

    submitted by /u/TonyT52
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 2 HL or Razer Phone?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 11:38 AM PDT

    As far as my research goes these are pretty much the 2 best phones on the market and I'm woundering which should I get. Either way the upgrade will be huge for me since the phone I currently have is a moto g3 but I'd like opinions from people who were not paid to sale a product.

    Thanks guys!

    BTW I know it's pixel XL no idea why I put H there...

    submitted by /u/MGC12
    [link] [comments]

    I have uninstalled the top 3 games a year ago. I'm scared. What's happening?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/n2IEZmn I can't post just the link here so yeah. This is from my samsung galaxy s7 edge and this is from the game launcher app.

    submitted by /u/Ms_Dr_Prof_Anna
    [link] [comments]

    App "10300" using my battery?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:12 AM PDT

    A new "app" I haven't seen before is using some battery. It's a black Android icon labelled "10300" in my battery usage statistics.

    I assume this is some sort of system process but I really can't be sure. Did some googling and couldn't find anything.

    Anybody familiar with this?

    submitted by /u/Bag_of_Squares
    [link] [comments]

    How can I run a PC game on my android phone if I have the installation files ?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 11:11 AM PDT

    So I downloaded Metin2 on PC (childhood) , and I wanted to try to play it on my phone . I tried different stuff , also some apps trying somehow emulate Linux and try to run the installation files from there and the .exe file(s) , but nothing . So , with the installation files on the phone what can I do to run Metin2 on my android phone ? I got the game from the site itself , but I can also get it from Steam if I need to in order to run it on phone . Thanks to anyone helping .

    submitted by /u/Andrei4200
    [link] [comments]

    Screwy charge cycles - is my battery broken?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:56 AM PDT

    Samsung Galaxy S3, AT&T. I've been using it with a PowerBear extended battery [4500mAh] for about a year.

    About a month ago I was having an issue where, after unplugging my phone from the charger, my battery would drop from 100% to 50% in 10 minutes. I replaced the charger cable and the problem went away only to return again. See the attached images for the last 2 charge cycles. Is my battery broken or could something else be causing this? Thanks.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/54dcafs0o57m76q/2018-04-20%2015.46.33.png?dl=0

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx934vaq6jxkkgv/2018-04-20%2015.46.48.png?dl=0

    submitted by /u/Ziiar
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 2 XL safety net magisk

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:39 PM PDT

    Hey guys! I just got my pixel 2 XL today and I'm really liking it. Spent the last hour unlocking, doing nandroid backup, and flashing the magisk 16.3 beta. From what I understand it shouldn't have a problem. I'm running 8.0 with November security patch, and TWRP and Xposed are not installed. Got any ideas? PS sorry for message structure, I'm in a hurry lol

    submitted by /u/pishcakes
    [link] [comments]

    Privacy and permissions. Last Android version I used was 4.4

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:38 PM PDT

    1) If I install an app and don't enable any permissions, what could a malicious app do? Could it get things like my account name, email, list of installed apps and send it somewhere?

    2) Is there any permissions that are granted by defaults like reading contacts? I know about the clipboard problem (only LineageOS has the permission in the UI IIRC)

    3) Does stock android has a way to block apps from running in the background

    4) Is it better, privacy-wise, to always close (swipe right on the task thing) all apps after you're done using them? So they can't start any connections while hidden.

    submitted by /u/MachineUnlearning
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting an Android phone via USB to Windows 10

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 04:30 AM PDT

    This is going to sound weird but it's been bothering me for the past two years probably.

    I have a ZenFone 3 (a 2016 phone) that went from probably Android 6, 7 to 8 (Oreo). Whenever I plug it in via USB to my PC (Windows 10), Windows File Explorer shows the phone as a device plugged in, but unable to access anything on the phone.

    At this time, the phone will show a message asking me if I want to transfer files. If I select Yes, then on Windows the device will be disconnected, then connected again, but this time I can open it up in File Explorer and access the folders and data on the phone, for example to copy over my photos.

    Every now and then, though, there will be times when selecting "Yes" on the phone above will only result in Windows thinking the device has disconnected and then that would be it. The device (even though physically connected via USB) simply doesn't show anywhere. I can unplug and plug the phone in 10 times and the same thing will happen every time.

    But wait for a few days and try it again it would work properly.

    Do all Android phones operate like this, with the dialog box showing before we can access the phone storage from Windows? Or is this something only on my make of the phone?

    When you connect your phone via USB cable to your PC, do you have to go through this extra step as well? Or can you just plug in then go open File Explorer and get your photos off the phone?

    What even is the point of this extra step? Why don't the manufacturer just automatically default to allowing the PC access to the phone's storage?

    submitted by /u/MootSmirker
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Chrome extension to sync browsing history with Samsung Internet.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 06:57 AM PDT

    I found the Samsung Internet extension, but it looks like it only syncs bookmarks, which is much less useful to me. Does anyone know of a way to sync w/ Samsung Internet the way Chrome syncs between devices?

    submitted by /u/RanaI_Ape
    [link] [comments]

    My phone stopped emitting sound

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 03:38 PM PDT

    My phone, a Moto G4 Plus, has stopped emitting sound from all apps. Have tried restarting and it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Spacedude2169
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to get my files

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 09:23 AM PDT

    So here's the thing i have this phone for almost 2 years until last week it felt from me and the screen got cracked up i can't really see anything on it but the phone can still be turned but it has a password on it so im wondering if there is a way to get my files of the phone without unlocking it because i even know the password by muscle memory but if it seems the touch aint responding

    the phone is a ZTE Nubia Z9 mini

    thanks in advanced

    submitted by /u/AgentIce77
    [link] [comments]

    Voice Dialing

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:41 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung Note 4 running stock Marshmallow. The Samsung "S Voice" app is disabled because I didn't find it useful.

    I do not use Google Assistant. I only use the Google app to do searches and to handle voice dialing. To save some storage/data/cpu, I have considered disabling the Google app and using Google Go instead. The problem with this idea is that Google Go does not handle voice dialing. If I disable the Google app, then I can't use voice dialing.

    My current solution is to keep the Google app enabled, but I uninstalled updates and reverted to the original stock version (5.10.32). This older version handles my voice dialing and searching needs just fine, while being less bloated than newer versions.

    I'm curious how other people handle voice dialing? Is it handled by the Google app, a manufacturer specific app/feature, an app from the Play store, ... ?

    Note that S Voice is not a viable voice dialing solution for me. It doesn't work when the phone is locked, and my phone is often locked while I'm driving in the car, which is when I want to use voice dialing.

    submitted by /u/captnkerke
    [link] [comments]

    Apps auto-launch after Google Play installs/updates them.

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:30 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a rooted Moto G5 with Android 7.0 and Xposed Installed. I've had it for a while and I'd never had problem.

    Yesterday, after the Play Store started doing updates, all the apps that were updated, auto-started after the update. Then I found out that the same thing would happened if I installed a new app.

    Some people have suggested that I may have installed an app that is doing this, but besides a couple of games (that I've already uninstalled), I haven't installed anything new in a month.

    I already uninstalled and installed the Google Play Store and Google Play Services updates and I really don't want to do a factory reset.

    Did anybody else have this problem and found out how to solve it? Can anybody tell me a way to find which app is launching the apps? Can anybody help me in some way?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/aroh100876
    [link] [comments]

    Unexplained SIM unlock popup?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 07:48 AM PDT

    I have a Samsung galaxy express prime 2, on the at&t prepaid network. Yesterday at work my phone was sitting on my desk and it lit up. I thought I got a text or something so I looked at my phone and there was a pop up that said SIM unlock. With the option to press ok or cancel (I'll include a link to a screenshot). I've had this phone for 7 months and I've never seen this. Today it happened again at roughly the same time. I hit cancel again, but does anyone know why this would happen? Could it be some kind of malware?

    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/zyd8ZAg

    submitted by /u/arc5629
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Can't seem to find rom for phone

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    As the title says i can't seem to find a rom for my phone because its a mediatek processor(i read thats its harder to do rom for them), i tried for the lineageos but they dont have my phone, they got the brand not the phone, and i wanted to "revive" him since its my daily phone.

    Phone in question its the 2gb ram if that matter.

    Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/A_W_A_P
    [link] [comments]

    [X Compact] Encryption passphrase not asked anymore after update to Android 8

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:57 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, the problem is already in the title.

    I have a Xperia X Compact (Europe) and I activated the encryption when I got the phone. After reboots I always had to enter the passphrase before the phone would boot.

    Last month I updated to Android 8 and after a few reboots I just realized the decryption passphrase isn't asked anymore.

    In the settings it says that the encryption ist activated but this isn't the case since everyone can boot up the phone now without the passphrase.

    Has anyone ever heard of this? Can I fix this without resetting the phone?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Kieslaster
    [link] [comments]

    Help with deleted photos

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 02:03 AM PDT

    I am using a Pixel phone, few months back as soon as i got back from Germany it was running android 7 and the phone went to a bootloop few hours after upgrading to Android 8. The phone was stuck and I tried every possible way to revive it with no luck. My boyfriend performed a factory reset and from the recovery menu and the phone worked.

    However, I lost tons of photos and videos (not backed up) of the best trip of my life and I was wondering if there was any possible way to recover these photos or at least some of them. I understand that these files might be overwritten by now but maybe someone got any idea to at least recover some of them?

    i really can't get over the fact that i lost them, if you know any way/company/people any where in the world that can get them back please mention them

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/DramaticIdea
    [link] [comments]

    Getting the old google now cards where you can swipe to dismiss

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 01:09 PM PDT

    Is there still to way get the old style google now cards where you swipe to dismiss?

    Something on my phone updated recently and got rid of this feature. I am running 8.0 with Nova launcher and google companion app.

    submitted by /u/very_lazy
    [link] [comments]

    Low Storage?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 12:41 PM PDT

    This seems to be a common issue, but I cant seem to find a solution. I have a Samsung running Android 6.0.1 and Its frequently saying I have low memory. I move apps to the sd card, delete photos, apps (that cant be moved to the sd card) and even factory reset the phone and I was still getting memory issues right after the reset. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

    submitted by /u/CrackedPlayDoh
    [link] [comments]

    Does Signal work with Pushbullet Chrome Extension?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:45 AM PDT

    I'm pretty happy with Messages and Pushbullet. I'm not that worried about privacy. I'd rather be able to text from my browser than have (sometimes) encrypted texting.

    I installed Signal, but the first SMS didn't show up in the Pushbullet extension. Is there a way to use it with Pushbullet?

    Edit: Actually, I'm realizing there are other functions that might not work as well, like SMS Backup +. So, I'm probably just going to stick with Messages.

    submitted by /u/yneos
    [link] [comments]

    How to customize the always on display in Lineage OS?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 08:22 AM PDT

    Updating to Android Oreo while outside the US on T-Mobile network...?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    How can I update to the latest Android Oreo while outside the country? Is there any other solution? T-Mobile is telling me I have to be on their network. I've used Apple for the longest time before I got a S8 so it just seems bizarre to me that I have to be on their network to get an update for Android!

    submitted by /u/f-stop4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel