• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 28, 2018

    Google Find My Device Question: Can the lock-screen password be disabled after the phone is found? I cannot for the life of me remember what the password is. Android Help

    Google Find My Device Question: Can the lock-screen password be disabled after the phone is found? I cannot for the life of me remember what the password is. Android Help


    Google Find My Device Question: Can the lock-screen password be disabled after the phone is found? I cannot for the life of me remember what the password is.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:30 PM PST

    Since there is no customer service for non-paid Google services, I am at a loss.

    On Saturday, I lost my Samsung Galaxy S7 (which doesn't usually have a lock screen). I am with Virgin Mobile in Canada.

    On Sunday, I woke up (still incredibly drunk) and didn't have my phone. I frantically used Google's Find My Device to lock the screen and display a message for how to contact the owner of this lost phone. Google asked me to create a password for the screen (which can be a combination of letters and numbers and symbols of any length).

    Fast forward to today (Wednesday) and I finally get my phone back.

    But HUGE MISTAKE: I can't remember the password Drunk Me set.

    Any pointers?

    1. There is no such "forgot my password" button for the Find My Device lock screen service. Is there a way to get in touch with Google to disable the lock screen?
    2. Can my carrier disable Google's Lock Screen somehow?

    I can factory reset my phone through Google's Find My Device service, but I would rather not do that if there's another way.

    Thanks for any and all advice!

    TL;DR Lost phone. Used Google's Find My Device to create a password and lock screen on my S7. Found phone. Cant remember password.

    submitted by /u/redrapture
    [link] [comments]

    LG V20 not fast charging

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:40 PM PST

    I closed all of my apps, and using a USB Type-C with the LG Charging brick. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Remic75
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any benefit to getting a carrier branded Galaxy S9 vs. The unlocked S9 coming directly from Samsung?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:23 PM PST

    I'm on AT&T here in the US. Other than WiFi calling would there be any big difference such as what bands are supported and carrier branding?

    submitted by /u/skyhawk214
    [link] [comments]

    how do you share pictures and videos with ios users?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:41 PM PST

    Hello all, I'm new here and new to android as of a week ago. I have been on iOS since 2010 starting with the 3GS. Last week I decided it was time to upgrade from my iPhone 6 and picked the Pixel 2. So far, I love it. My wife still has all Apple products as does my sister. I don't miss iMessage at all; however, I do miss easily sharing videos and pictures of my 5 month old daughter with my wife via airdrop and at least when using iMessage, I knew it was going to be good resolution.

    I'd like to know what you're doing to share pictures and videos at full resolution with your iOS friends and family, preferably over Bluetooth, but not required. I did some searching, but didn't find anything great; however, it could be my ability to search on here. I'd like to stay away from Facebook Messenger, because well, it's Facebook. I'd like to also not use DropBox or Google Drive. I just want a simple app that can be installed on both devices that can send and receive files via Bluetooth or WiFi.

    What is your go-to app for sharing files across platforms?

    Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/HGTrader
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best way to get Google out of my phone altogether without a custom ROM?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:24 PM PST

    I'm using an LG V20 (H990DS) and my model hasn't got a custom ROM that works well available, so i'm stuck with the stock ROM. I am very keen to avoid ALL Google services - calendar, mail, play services, etc, so i'm wondering what you would recommend I do to get rid of all of that without a custom ROM? I'm happy to root if I can figure out how.

    (I would love to just use a custom ROM, but seriously i've looked. There aren't any for my variant that appear to be reliable / supported)

    submitted by /u/osculatory
    [link] [comments]

    Using your android as a keyboard

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:01 PM PST

    So I know that its possible to connect a keyboard to your android tablet via Bluetooth but is it possible to connect one android to another? Example: I have a phone and a tablet can I connect the phone to the tablet and it only display a keyboard that types to the tablet? Edit: grammar fixes

    submitted by /u/Kurai878
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any 6000 - 8000 mAh power banks that supports 5V/3A input?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:38 AM PST

    I currently own an Anker Powercore 10 000 powerbank, and I love the size and weight of it with how much capacity it holds, but it's a pain to recharge it after it's been emptied when it only supports 5V/2A input.

    So now I'm looking for something smaller that can charge my Oneplus 3 with the 3000 mAh battery two times over and also supports fast recharging so I can save my 10 000 powerbank for more heavy duty scenarios. My OP3 only supports Quickcharge 2 since it's using the proprietary Dash charge tech for quick charging, so I only need QC3 input and not output, though I'm not sure if that's a common feature on powerbanks.

    Does anybody know if what I'm looking for even exists? Otherwise I'll just have to get something even smaller like a 5000 mAh battery that has 5V/2A charging.

    submitted by /u/Zalbu
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an app for wifi web login.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:02 AM PST

    I'm looking for an app that will automate web portal login in the background, I've tried neerwifi which used to work well but stopped. Paid is fine, I'm on Oreo, thanks.

    submitted by /u/MillionMileM8
    [link] [comments]

    Need help, Long time iPhone user looking to switch

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:32 PM PST

    Willing to spend $300-600 or so and there seem to be so many choices out there. I like the LG V30 so far but I wanted your opinions first. I like big screens, headphone jacks, I love the fingerprint ID but not a requirement. I'd also like one that stays current with updates (is that even a problem anymore?) are the Chinese phones worth it? Are there any manufacturers I should avoid? T-mobile user

    submitted by /u/XxKittenMittonsXx
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good way to record my Galaxy S game screen (full screen gameplay) that's current? With no watermarks or time limits

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:48 PM PST

    I tried googling some solutions and they were all outdated (no longer supported) or really expensive and had trial versions that I could only use to record 9 seconds or less.

    Any thing that's free and/or simple to use with no time limit? doesn't necessarily have to be free I would be ok with an affordable download around $6 USD and under.

    submitted by /u/greystun
    [link] [comments]

    When did Google Maps stop falling back to approximated location when GPS is turned off?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:13 AM PST

    I remember years ago in the Android 2-4 era, I could always get a general idea of where I was by looking at the map and seeing where the blue circle is. This was based on network location and was usually pretty close. Now it seems it's gone stupid and HAS NO IDEA which continent I'm even in because my GPS is turned off. If I'm traveling across the state without looking at my phone, it still thinks I'm at my old location and never pans to at least my approximate location.

    Is it just black and white now? Either high-accuracy GPS or nothing?

    What makes me mad is that I keep reading about how Google can track our phones even when GPS is turned off, so why don't they share that info with us?

    submitted by /u/framstick
    [link] [comments]

    Reminder set for location won't go away?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:25 PM PST

    Trying again since my first post got buried, I'm dealing with reminders that have been set for a location that just will not f*cking go away, no matter how may times I hit finished, or hit 1 hour, then finished.

    The reminder moved into the finished section and I've manually deleted all of the reminders I had, pending or not, and it still pops up/ How the hell do I get rid of these damn reminders?

    I'd even be happy if someone else at least experienced something similar, I can't be the only one.

    submitted by /u/XOIIO
    [link] [comments]

    Minimum Speaker Volume in Whatsapp? (S7 Edge)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:15 PM PST

    Whenever I use Whatsapp to video call, the speaker volume is too loud. The volume won't go lower than 2-3 notches above the lowest volume, that also means I'm not able lower the volume to zero. I have to hold my thumb over the speaker to keep the volume at a reasonable level.

    I've tried so many searches and I can't find anyone else with this problem... Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the volume restrictions?

    EDIT: Actually I just noticed that the volume restriction is tied to the speaker phone (I never use speaker phone unless in video calls so I just tested it), I used speaker in a regular phone call and it doesn't let you lower it below that same point.

    submitted by /u/Max-b
    [link] [comments]

    Backing up to a SDcard

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:52 PM PST

    Is it possible to back up my internal memory to my SD card without hooking it up to a desktop?

    submitted by /u/Kurai878
    [link] [comments]

    Australians: does Google calendar have the momths images shifted by 6?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:39 AM PST

    To show an example of what I mean: this is what the month images look like here in the northern hemisphere.

    It's not exactly correct for here - any deciption of snow is inaccurate because there's no snow here, but overall it fits the entire hemisphere - June is summery, December is wintry, March/April are in the Spring...

    In the southern hemisphere, it's entirely different. The easy and most fitting solution is to shift those images by 6 if you're in the southern hemisphere. Did they do that?

    submitted by /u/lirannl
    [link] [comments]

    Zoom in on a YouTube video?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:05 PM PST

    How can I zoom in on a YouTube video? Is it even possible? I would think this is an obvious feature, and probably easier to do than "view in Google cardboard" which is available on my phone.

    submitted by /u/kemog
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change this setting?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:14 AM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/2UJW5

    I can't for the life of me work out how to change the temperature to Celsius in this temperature notification that pops up! I've changed temp to Celsius everywhere I can think of. I'm sure it's just something really simple that I've overlooked!

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/iHAVEsnakes
    [link] [comments]

    [LG G4 Rogers] On both incoming and outgoing call my phone will ring twice, beep twice, then end the call.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:28 PM PST

    Phone: LG G4

    Carrier: Rogers

    Android Version: 6.0

    So, I've been having an odd problem on my phone and it occurs every few weeks for the past few months or so.

    Basically, when making a call my phone will ring it twice, then beep twice then on the screen say call ended.

    When receiving a call my phone will buzz about three times (5 seconds at best) then send the call to voice mail.

    This will persist until I restart my phone. It's been a slightly bothersome problem, because as far as I can tell there is no trigger for it. Anyone have any idea what this could be or how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/French_Baguette3
    [link] [comments]

    "Unregistered SIM" on my Lifelock LG Alcatel phone. What to do?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:30 AM PST

    I have tried turning it off, uninstalling the battery, uninstalling the SIM card, and turning it back on. This did not work. I even tried unlocking the SIM app. using the default (12345) that I was told to do on another site. None of this works. What is my next step -- to get a new SIM card, or simply just to get a new phone? (Thinking about Straight Talk as I have had this before.

    submitted by /u/Oklahoma_Catfish
    [link] [comments]

    What is this feature called that turns my screen on and shows the lock screen every time I move the phone while it is asleep?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:27 PM PST

    I just got a new Moto G5 and one feature I cannot figure out how to turn off is the feature that causes the screen to come on and show the lock screen every time I move the phone even slightly. I hate this. I want to have to press the power button to turn the screen on every time. I have tried to search for how to turn it off but without knowing what it's called specifically, it's proven difficult.

    submitted by /u/tacticalcraptical
    [link] [comments]

    Phone suggestions in the range of 200€ or a bit more

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:25 AM PST

    Hello people from this sub, I want to buy a new phone since my current one doesn't satisfy my needs but I don't want to spend a lot in one since I think it's not worth it.

    So, if you could suggest me any, I would be happy.

    Also, I already been looking for phones and saw the Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Edition and Xiaomi MI A1, and they looked good to me. If anyone knows thinks they are good for me to purchase, please say something.

    submitted by /u/CaraDePinto
    [link] [comments]

    Lock app version

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:57 PM PST

    Why is there no way to lock an app to a specific version and prevent updates? Sometimes there is a change that I don't like and want to use an older version of an app without being forced to update all the time. I've seen one app in the store which does this but requires root.

    submitted by /u/kreugerburns
    [link] [comments]

    Sim swap reduced spam calls

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 02:30 PM PST

    I don't get what's happening but was wondering if anyone else noticed something similar. I got a new phone and my wife got my old one. We both ended up with new sim cards but retained the same numbers. We had company over and the discussion lead to unwanted calls. I noted that it was really odd that after my sim swap my unwanted calls went from 3-4 per day down to 0-3 per week or so. Most days being zero. My wife then perked up saying she realized the same thing.

    We're with tmo and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this or had any idea why it would happen.

    submitted by /u/tb03102
    [link] [comments]

    Android Oreo - How do you unsnooze a notification for a particular app that you have snoozed?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:19 AM PST

    Hey all so I've accidentally snoozed a notification for an app and I want to unsnooze it so that I can get the notifications back as per normal. However I am unable to do it. Does anyone knows how to do it?

    submitted by /u/grimlya
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper picture location

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:19 AM PST

    I deleted all my photos from my camera roll like an idiot and there were some I really liked to use as wallpapers on there. One is currently my wallpaper. I want to change it but want to keep the photo, but I can't see where my current wallpaper file is stored so I can save it.

    Could someone help please?

    (Phone is Moto G 3 running android 6.0.1)

    submitted by /u/Saxon2060
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel