• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 28, 2018

    Android Help Phone makers are rushing to rip-off the worst part of the iPhone X design

    Android Help Phone makers are rushing to rip-off the worst part of the iPhone X design


    Phone makers are rushing to rip-off the worst part of the iPhone X design

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 06:03 AM PST

    Hey, Android Phone Makers, I Don't Want an iPhone.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:04 PM PST

    Dear OEMs: Stop calling everything AI

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:45 AM PST

    US Carriers Marking Up Cost of the Samsung S9 and S9 Plus

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:13 AM PST

    Native Support for Iris Scanners is finally coming to Android

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 04:34 PM PST

    Galaxy S9 OLED Display Technology Shoot-Out

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 01:16 PM PST

    Google I/O 2018 schedule now up

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:32 AM PST

    Android Auto in 2018

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:04 AM PST

    Motorola CEO just dropped a major hint at a Razr return, complete with foldable screen

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 03:36 AM PST

    Samsung wins Design Patents Covering a Fold-Out Smartphone, a Buttonless Smartphone and a Smart Bangle

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:13 AM PST

    Nokia 7 Plus pre-orders begin in the UK at £349.99.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:06 PM PST

    Google may have intentionally/unintentionally done an Apple 64-bit move but with the Camera.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 11:04 AM PST

    So the Galaxy S9 has been revealed & the first comparisons are out on the web.

    From what I've seen the Pixel 2 is still king of photography in the smartphone world, even after the Samsung's S9+ camera hardware upgrades.

    This made me think that Google may have outplayed all Phone companies just like Apple did when they switched from 32-bit to 64-bit SoC's.

    IMO the S9+ comparisons out there now highlight the hardware limits reached by Smart Phone companies. Even mighty Samsungs next-gen Galaxy phone doesn't stand out enough against the Pixel 2.

    Google has invested in Software & a dedicated Pixel Visual Engine whilst everyone else has gone chasing mainly hardware & dual lenses (except Huawei - the only company I believe saw the potential of Software/AI milking the true potential out of Hardware).

    I'm very excited to see how much the Pixel 3 will be ahead of the competition & perhaps the next Huawei flagship.

    We'll see if I'm right or talking out my ass by the Pixel 3 launch.

    Typed from my modest Nokia 6 ~ I use a Nikon P340 for my snaps XD

    submitted by /u/RonboFett
    [link] [comments]

    New “Android Go” phones show how much you can get for $100

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:47 AM PST

    Android P bug submitted by a Huawei employee

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:09 AM PST

    The Clone Wars: iPhone X copycats battle for notch supremacy

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:33 AM PST

    I'm pretty excited that Android supports Mesh Networking out of the box in Oreo, as WiFi Aware

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:48 AM PST

    Honest question from a new Android user. What are the reasons behind the obsession with bezels?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 10:41 AM PST

    Hi /r/Android, apologies if I'm not posting in the right place, but I figured this would be the best subreddit to ask.

    I'm a recent Android convert after seven years of iPhone. I wanted a new phone experience, so I did my research and settled on the regular sized Pixel 2. I'm a month into my usage, and I can honestly say that the Android experience has been far more favorable to me, and I don't miss iOS at all except for iMessage.

    In my phone research, however, I've watched countless reviews and I've found a surprising amount of emphasis on bezels and the lack thereof. A lot of reviewers were very critical of the big bezels on the Pixel 2 and even the ones on the Pixel 2 XL, which at the time I didn't even take into consideration when it came to looking for a new Android phone. To be honest, I had to Google the definition of bezels in this context because it was just something I never worried about.

    So, I'm a month into my new Pixel and I've been slowly delving deeper into the phone industry and crazes, and I'm still not entirely clear on bezels. As a new Android user coming from an Apple background and having been satisfied with a similar looking phone upgrade for the past seven years with little to minor tweaks to the appearance itself, where does this craze for bezel-less phones come from? Is there a practical purpose behind it, or is it just an aesthetic factor of looking sleeker? Is it form factor, more screen space, a combination of both or of other factors I'm missing? What was the first phone to be featured bezel-less, and when did it become the standard for flagship phones?

    It's a lot to ask, but I'm curious about this particular factor because it's so heavily emphasized in reviews, and I wanted to get a better understanding of it.

    Thanks for your time!

    submitted by /u/SubtleTypos
    [link] [comments]

    Evan Blass on Twitter about LG G7 and LG V35

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 12:33 PM PST

    Move projects forward from one place—Hangouts Chat now available

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:01 AM PST

    Your Love of Your Old Smartphone Is a Problem for Apple and Samsung

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 07:01 PM PST

    The family of Google messaging apps keeps growing! ��

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 08:58 PM PST

    Sony details how the Xperia XZ2's Dynamic Vibration System works

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 05:23 AM PST

    Is there literally 0 market for 16:9 and/or 4.7-5.2" displays anymore?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 11:11 PM PST

    I'm looking at all these new phones come out, not just at MWC, but any time during the year. It's absolutely blowing me away how many are 6"+ screen phones, especially with 18+:9 aspect ratio.

    Is there seriously 0 market for phones that can be easily used in one hand? I get that the super bezel-less 5.8" ~18:9 phones, like the S8, S9, and iPhone X, are reasonably easy to use one-handed, but surely at least 10% of the global population would prefer a smaller phone? The number of iPhone 6-8 and 5s-SE models I see just around where I live equates to at least a quarter of all phones; not to mention that most Androids are the S5-S8.

    Does anyone have statistics on this, or feel like it's only happening because it's the latest trend? I know that the top ~10 OEMs wouldn't just release larger phones every year without extensively researching and making sure there's a good market for them, but it still seems surprising that there isn't enough desire at all for the 16:9 and/or ~5" display for anyone to consider it. Especially for those smaller OEMs that don't already have a huge market share and thus could appeal to the markets that Samsung and Apple are ignoring.

    submitted by /u/SponTen
    [link] [comments]

    Improving Stability by Reducing Usage of non-SDK Interfaces - Android Developers Blog

    Posted: 28 Feb 2018 09:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel