• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, October 31, 2021

    Every time I use Google Assistant to identify a song it ALWAYS gives me a result for some middle eastern thing Android Help

    Every time I use Google Assistant to identify a song it ALWAYS gives me a result for some middle eastern thing Android Help


    Every time I use Google Assistant to identify a song it ALWAYS gives me a result for some middle eastern thing

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:33 PM PDT

    Several months ago I heard a song that was for sure The Weekend, I just didnt know what song it was. I asked Google, "What's this song?" and it gave me an answer that was SO far off of what it actually was. It was actually a Islam prayer service of some kind.

    Tonight at a Halloween party they had some pretty awesome EDM and? Halloween themed dubstep. So I ask Google to identify a song that was playing. It was dubstep. this is the result it gave me:

    Ya Rayah (Live A , Bercy; 1,2,3 Soleils) Song by Faudel, Khaled, and'Rashid Taha

    Like wtf? why do all my music inquiries come back with things that are so completely wrong - so wrong that it doesn't even make sense it could be that wrong?

    submitted by /u/PeppermintDouchebag
    [link] [comments]

    Missed a train because my network synchronized time was off, how does this happen?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:41 AM PDT

    I had to switch trains in Rotterdam central station recently. I travel by train often and I feel confident walking around enjoying outside air before entering the train on the last minute (trains never leave early). But yesterday I saw my train drive away as I walked up to it. Looking on my phone it shouldn't have left yet, but checking the time on the platform I figured, either my phone is wrong or the platform clocks are off. A quick check of http://time.is confirmed my phone was behind by 1:30 minute, despite being configured to synchronize time with NTP.

    How can my clock be off this far? Was the local cell tower off? I had shortly before also been connected to the internet.

    It's not a big deal, and I configured my time manually now to prevent this in the future, however I'm just curious to understand how this may have happened.

    I'm using a Motorola phone and Android 10

    submitted by /u/StarGazer1000
    [link] [comments]

    All video apps seem to freeze randomly, but audio does not.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 09:28 PM PDT

    I've noticed this problem in the last few weeks. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, it's fully up to date.

    I'll be watching TikTok and boom, the video is stuck but the audio keeps going. A quick refresh of the video fixes it buts it's still very annoying.

    Same with YouTube, but it's worse there because the videos are in a longer format.

    Is this a known issue or does anyone know a fix or something I'm overlooking?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/StrykerSP
    [link] [comments]

    My phone's (Galaxy A30) refresh rate's messed up, how do i fix it?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:55 PM PDT

    My older brother gave it to me but since the first time i touched that phone it is locked to 41 FPS, which is terrible for me 'cause some games play on slow-mo and emulators don't run at full speed. Is there any way to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Kotsukoushi
    [link] [comments]

    Is AirMessage down for anyone else?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 08:42 PM PDT

    Noticed it stopped working on my phone, where it would keep saying it can't connect.

    I tried the retry button and quitting the app as well as turning off wifi and rebooting the phone.

    I remoted to the Mac at home that runs the server and everything seemed fine. I rebooted anyway and it kept having issues.

    When I finally got home I got on that Mac and signed out of the Google account and when I tried to sign back in I couldn't, so it seems like an AirMessage issue more then anything with my setup, which has worked fine since about April or so this year.

    Wondering if anyone else is having issues.

    submitted by /u/ijeffgarden
    [link] [comments]

    Transferred Carrier, But Now I Have Two Numbers

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    Yesterday I transferred my carrier from Verizon to Sprint (via T-Mobile). I was given a SIM card and told it had a dummy number while I waited on hold with Verizon to get my transfer pin. I got the transfer pin from Verizon after 47 minutes of waiting. T-Mobile rep does his work, tests it out, and I am good to go.

    Later in the day, my partner texts me and I don't get the messages. I text him. It comes from a different number than my normal. I text someone else. They say my number is the same as always. I can't find a rhyme or reason.

    I read up a little and hope that maybe the transfer needs time. It's been over 24 hours. My phone is still seemingly randomly bouncing between two numbers.

    I have a Motorola G7 Power. I do not have two SIM cards in. Any help would be appreciated as I can't get back to TMobile any time soon.

    submitted by /u/BreakingBadHobbits
    [link] [comments]

    Google podcasts app resetting playback location.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    Hello all.

    I'm looking for some help with a very minor yet very annoying issue with my Google podcasts app.

    My device is a Google Pixel 3A XL, with the latest version of Android (updated a few days ago lol) and all of my apps are up to date.

    The problem I'm having is when I'm connected to my car's audio system VIA Bluetooth and listening to a podcast.

    Once I shut the car off, the podcast app automatically just skips to the next podcast in my queue, and shows the previous podcast as "Completed".

    I could be five minutes into a podcast, and it will automatically just show me it's "Complete" as soon as I disconnect from the car, but only when the audio is playing while I disconnect. (For example, if I pause the podcast and then disconnect, then it keeps the playback location.

    Any ideas? It started completely randomly.

    submitted by /u/DriveJohnnyDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Want to clear more of internal storage of 8gig vivo y55 phone, and I can't understand where to cut from?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    I've removed much of my photos and so on and the biggest resource and data hogs according to disk install are

    Google play services data

    Google apk and data

    WhatsApp data (can't really delete anymore) and apk

    Kakao apk (don't use except for one friend)

    Google Drive data and apk

    Kindle apk and data

    Gmail apk and data

    And twitter apk and data

    What can I delete without truly disrupting anything to free up space?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FunkoXday
    [link] [comments]

    can't seem to get root in any way

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    I'm running Android 11, A/B Partitions and Ramdisk: Yes

    I've tried using patched boot image, it boots no root.

    I've tried installing custom recovery, flash magisk.zip, it boots no root.

    What more can I do? Please

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Aangoan
    [link] [comments]

    Change layout of overview?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    On the Samsung S21 5G, is it possible to change the layout of the overview view?

    The default is: https://imgur.com/a/JATIz4s

    With the cards in a row, and swiping the cards up to close the app.

    My previous phone had the cards in a single column, and swiping the cards to the left/right would close the app.

    I prefer having a column of cards, as it makes it easier to see how many apps I have open, and to see multiple apps at once.

    Is this possible to change? I've dug through the settings, and wasn't able to find anything related to this view, and the triple dots menu only has a setting for "show recommended apps."

    submitted by /u/SSBBrawler
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting folders from android/data/

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Is there any way to delete the folders from that folder without root (Galaxy S21)? I have tried multiple file managers but no luck, I'm asking because my game files got corrupted and even when I delete the app the files stay there and because of that I cannot make it work :/

    submitted by /u/ms10211
    [link] [comments]

    microG regular profile & mindthegapps workprofile

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Is there a way to install microG on the regular profile and mindthegapps on the work profile?

    My device is a rooted LineageOS 18 Pixel 3a

    submitted by /u/Transistor4aCPU
    [link] [comments]

    Is my camera broken? Pixel 6 Pro

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:59 AM PDT

    When I take photos, the quality seems to vary wildly. Both of these photos were taken within seconds of each other, however one looks quite good and the other looks like a water colour painting. These photos were both taken on 4x zoom.

    When the photo doesn't look like a water colour, it appears as if the clarity has been boosted to the max.

    What is going on? Why are my results so inconsistent? Am I doing something wrong, is there a setting or is my camera broken?

    The current software for the camera appears to be updated to the latest version.

    Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/Avdan
    [link] [comments]

    Looks like another app is blocking access to Google Play. Turn off any apps that might be drawing over the screen and try again "error"

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/AJobWellDid
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get rid of the Google page on the left of the home screen

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 02:18 PM PDT

    How to use an old tablet as a monitor for a phone?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:47 AM PDT

    I have an old tablet that works terrible and slow, but also a good phone that I no longer use, but it works great. The problem is that the screen is broken, so I'd like to connect one with the other, so I can use the phone as the "computer" and the tablet as the "monitor". Both work with Android. What can I do?

    Ideal scenario would be: both connected through cable (so I don't depend on the processor of the tablet) and the screen of the phone turned off.

    submitted by /u/AlbertoAru
    [link] [comments]

    Android 11 notifications not showing

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    In my mom's cellphone (Galaxy A12) notifications aren't showing, she gets them but they don't appear at whatever this is called, notification bar? (don't know how it's called lol) so she doesn't know if someone sent her a message and it's very annoying haha

    Already tried this and the battery optimization and it still doesn't work

    My mom said that notifications stopped working after installing a cracked pro version of CCleaner, maybe that was the reason? Tho I don't know why would that stop notifications Hope there's a way of fixing this without a factory reset lol

    submitted by /u/YePresident2024
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung S6 edge+

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    I actually don't know where to post im new but anyways, If you opened up an S6 or Note5 series of Samsung you'll notice a orange sticker on bottom and the top it's like a sort of antenna and I am wondering will it be fine without those? Since there is wire antenna on the board it's self.

    submitted by /u/Christian_epic
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 6 Pro - My LTE network is called ROAM LTE in the menu. Does this mean I'm roaming for some reason?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I'm at home, using the same SIM I had in my last phone. Does it saying ROAM mean I'm roaming and going to get an absurd bill? And how could I be roaming sitting at home?

    submitted by /u/2LateImDead
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple bluetooth output

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:26 PM PDT

    Let me try to summarize this:

    1. I want to output media from Spotify to BT speaker while keeping all other app audio output contained to another specific BT device
    2. I know you can project a media outputting app to another BT device by pulling down the menu from the top, and tapping "Media". In the case where I have my speaker turned on and connected however, when I the speaker it sends all my audio output there as well. I'm guessing this is just to route all audio output to one specific device
    3. The setting in "Sounds" called something like "Separate app sounds" or something similar... behaves oddly when I have two BT devices on and connected. I see my speaker and the other BT device on single line, and I'm unable to specifically designate the speaker only as the separate destination for Spotify output
    4. Spotify does have a little section on the bottom where I can do the same thing and designate a specific BT device to output to, but bizarrely the speaker I want to output to (and assuming any other BT speaker) doesn't appear there, only the headset I have connected via BT

    Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

    submitted by /u/selovanth
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to recover deleted photos from applock

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    How to change emoji race?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone from this subreddit. I was asked by work to change my emoji race but I'm not sure how to, I didn't see a setting for that under my Gmail profile. Any help greatly appreciated I am new to Android (had iPhone for many years).

    submitted by /u/American7EmBASSy
    [link] [comments]

    My open-box phone has some Spanish apps and Spanish updates, can I do a "North American" factory reset?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    per the title, my phone is bundled with some Spanish apps I don't know or care for (Claro) and update notifications are in Spanish. is there a way to get rid of that?

    the phone is a Motorola Power G

    submitted by /u/EXTRAVAGANT_COMMENT
    [link] [comments]

    Help with rooting or some alternative

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:33 PM PDT

    I have a Samsung Galaxy A21s. I just recently got some Galaxy Buds Pro and I can't use the 360 audio feature. The Samsung website said it should be available in the app if you have One UI 3.1 and up. I have that, but it's One UI Core version so I believe that is the problem. Is there some way I could root my phone to get it out of the Core version? (I'm not even really sure what rooting is so I may be looking at this all wrong, pls help)

    submitted by /u/ThePhatPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of Smart View and Full Screen button under media

    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    I just upgraded from a s20 to the s21 and these two annoying bubbles pop up whenever I tap on a video. I looked around online and it seems like nobody cares about these but me. Is there a way to delete the app causing it or just disable them?

    submitted by /u/Haithere32
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel