• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, May 31, 2021

    OTA updates Android Help

    OTA updates Android Help


    OTA updates

    Posted: 31 May 2021 11:01 PM PDT

    Hi there, im planning to buy a US Set galaxy s21 as it is the one with the sd888. my question here is, will I receive OTA updates or do I have to manually update the ROM every time there's a new update? I tried googling it but apparently theres no on who have asked this q before

    submitted by /u/xXx_swaglord
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to have the Eccentric Regular font installed?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    I tried downloading 20 font apps, none of them have it, I tried finding websites to download it from but they charge mostly. The ones I did find downloaded as the wrong file type so I couldn't use it. How can I have Eccentric Regular font installed on my phone?

    submitted by /u/VirtualShogun
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought the new A52 5G but need help

    Posted: 31 May 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    I got my phone stolen which was the iPhone 11 and I don't want to pay the price of $1000 for the new flagship. I went to BestBuy and narrowed down to the A series phone and a S20 FE. In the end I ordered the unlock version A52 5G. This is where I need help, in the back of my mind I should've gotten the A71 5G or the S20 FE. Can I get some inputs if I made the right choice, bang for my buck? Thank you! Let me know at other phones to look at as well.

    submitted by /u/Chaluupas
    [link] [comments]

    chrome app activating itself in energy saver mode

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:41 PM PDT

    Hello community,

    I have the chrome app activating itself every time I activate my energy saving mode. Do you have this too and why is this ? (s20 FE 5G)

    submitted by /u/Fauszt
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth & phone notifications

    Posted: 31 May 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I recently bought an s20+ and I love it.

    However, in do not Disturb Mode I am unable to have an allowed app (Ring Security Cameras) play notification sound through the phone speakers when wearing bluetooth headphones. Any ideas on how I can solve this?

    Cheers.

    submitted by /u/QParkRANGERS
    [link] [comments]

    S21+ not saving notification changes.

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I have changed notification sounds for multiple apps (outlook, discord, kik, and more) but my phone still plays the default system notification sound. I have went into the settings menu for each specific app, and the option shows the correct sound name, but does not actually play that sound once the notification comes in. I have restarted my phone a few times in hope that helps, but it doesn't. Any help?

    submitted by /u/ortlep
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone tried these kinda apps and successfully found any Nearby Airtags? Apple devices detecting with Android? Is it even possible?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Any way to nsfw gboard on VMOS?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    I want to use nsfw GBOARD without rooting my device. Can I do it on VMOS? Can u please guide me?

    submitted by /u/DeeptiKadian9
    [link] [comments]

    Will Android ever get on iOS level when it comes to the quality?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    As title says. Will Android ever get on iOS level when it comes to the quality of software?

    Even on hardware level iPhones are ahead of Android phones, even the smaller things like changing the date and stuff like that on iOS have a proper good sounding haptic feedback while Android haptics and different things and changing them just feels bland and haptics especially on Android usually are too budget/robotic sounding compared to iPhone :/

    Widgets while not really interactive on iOS, they still feel more premium than the ugly and bland straight square widgets Android tends to have

    Also not forgetting how old and bad stock Android looks, everything is just a box and even sliders look horrible compared to iOS

    I know Android 12 is supposed to improve that a lot but just wondering why Android just still is years behind in quality :o

    submitted by /u/rolezki
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade from Huawei Mate 20 Pro to S21?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    Should I upgrade to S21 from a Huawei Mate 20 Pro?

    My current phone runs almost seamlessly but there's only two major issues:

    1. the USB jack is effed. It takes a lot of jangling around to get it charge/connect headphones into (not a big fan of wireless because I'm cheap lol)

    2. My camera got messed up somewhere along the way. My pictures are all streaky and total ass unless they're taken in bright sunlight. I don't know if I'm an idiot and the settings are off or what but I've had plenty of people have a go at fixing the settings and there's really no big change.

    So yeah considering these two, would it make sense to upgrade?

    Also something to point out that I'd be getting the 256gb for 680 usd (deal ends in a few hours).

    Edit: should also point out that I'd love to have a working USB port and good camera, but I'm just wondering if it's worth holding out for a better android (but I really like the price on the s21)

    submitted by /u/itshirzz
    [link] [comments]

    Phone Suggestions

    Posted: 31 May 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    Im looking for a fast phone with 128gb of storage and 8gb of ram with a budget of <$400 are there are suggestions? or do I need more money?

    submitted by /u/Mr_Werdo
    [link] [comments]

    Broken phone can't turn off alarm

    Posted: 31 May 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Yesterday my phone fell on the ground and it's totally broken. It still works but I have a black screen so It don't know what i'm doing. Huawei P20 pro

    https://files.fm/u/m5h25v38t#/view/ycdgpjnbt

    submitted by /u/TommekeM
    [link] [comments]

    What is your Boot Sequence with Encryption and Password?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    I tried two different phones, nokia (android-one) and huawei, both with android 10 both encrypted and password protected...

    when you turn on the nokia (androidone 10) the boot sequence is this:

    - press power button > the phone starts but it doesn't boot up completely > is shows a black screen where you type the passwords > phone restarts and boots up android completely (this is the same sequence as previous android versions)

    when you turn on the huawei (android 10) the boot sequence is this:

    - press power button > the phone starts and boots up android apparently almost completely (there is a panel that says: user data locked, password required after restart, some features are disabled for security) in this phase you type the password just like you unlocked the phone

    The Huawei boot sequence makes me think it is not fully encrypted, my questions is why is there this difference in boot sequence for the same android version? Shouldn't a full disk encrypted android ask for password BEFORE booting?

    also what is the boot sequence in your android?

    submitted by /u/jerlyd88
    [link] [comments]

    samsung a52 or mi 11 lite? (not 5g)

    Posted: 31 May 2021 09:56 AM PDT

    i'm torn between these two. i'm honestly on a52's side cause i feel like samsung is best when it's android. but mi 11 lite seems faster and better for gaming. (i'm not a hardcore gamer) also it's cheaper than samsung. i saw some negative comments about 11 lite's camera and battery. and negative comments about a52's performance. which one should i go for evaluating the camera, performance and battery together?

    submitted by /u/Particular_Cry480
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting pop up ads and random website redirects when not in Google. Help! (On an Android phone)

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Okay so this problem has happened just recently but I will keep getting pop up ads and my phone will randomly open up Google and take me to a random website (these are usually inappropriate things or fake antivirus ads)..it happens randomly and everytime I turn on my phone I've looked and none of my apps seem to be the problem and antivirus apps haven't worked.... I've also tried just clearing cache but that hasn't seen to work either. I was wondering if anyone had some tips?

    • Thanks for the help everyone the problem is fixed but I'ma keep this up in case it happens to someone else and they need the help! 💗💗
    submitted by /u/Applepi__00
    [link] [comments]

    Getting a Galaxy S21 5G need some recommendations

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    After being in apple hell for the past year I'm happy to say I switched to T mobile and am getting a S21 5G can you guys recommend some stuff for it

    So far I need a case and screen protector

    But also I still have the fast charger from my last android phone and a wireless dock will those still be suitable for charging?

    submitted by /u/yeetboi_dangerous
    [link] [comments]

    During usage on LTE, battery drain is minimum 30% per hour, and can go as high as 40-50% per hour. On WiFi it's much lower at around 15-20% per hour which is fine. What's the fix for the LTE drain? It's an LG G6-G600K

    Posted: 31 May 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Information:

    Signal bars indicated are full or 4/5 Phone's temperature increases noticeably Changing brightness or settings like battery saver doesn't make any difference whatsoever. In fact, if I use the same parameters over WiFi, the battery usage is far lower like I mentioned.

    Phone information that may help deduce something:

    Screen was replaced a while back Battery was replaced to an original one by LG about a year and a half ago. Accubattery indicates 80% health about 120 apps installed, out of which 110 are background restricted

    Anymore information I'm willing to give, this is all that comes to mind right now.

    I would also want to ask is there any way I can boost normal battery life too?

    submitted by /u/crimsoncreativelemon
    [link] [comments]

    Cat Collector Easter Egg on ColorOS

    Posted: 31 May 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Hi! I updated my Oppo A92 to Android 11.1 and I can't seem to activate the Neko/Cat Collector easter egg. I followed the steps but the cat emoji doesn't seem to pop up. Has anyone else tried this on ColorOS?

    submitted by /u/lugawgotobaboytokwa
    [link] [comments]

    background running apps seem like single app

    Posted: 31 May 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    For example i downloaded a pdf from telegram, when i open the file with a pdf editor over telegram. I cannot see telegram in background apps. On android 6 i was seeing 2 apps in background apps: pdf editor and telegram. But on new android versions 7, 8, 9.. i see one app.

    Can i separate 2 apps to see as 2 apps in background apps?

    submitted by /u/taa178
    [link] [comments]

    Does this actually work?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    https://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/status/1399453394494836736?s=19

    I've never had my photos automatically tagged with my location based on my location history at the time I uploaded something that wasn't taken from my smartphone. Has anyone else tried this and had it work?

    submitted by /u/mrandr01d
    [link] [comments]

    Video Speed Controller on Android that works system-wide?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    across youtube.. within app etc.

    submitted by /u/g0nzales
    [link] [comments]

    Do any brands except Google give 3 full version updates to their phones?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    OG Pixel launched with 7 and received 8, 9 and 10, Pixel 2 launched with 8, received 9, 10 and will receive 11. Are there any other brands which give 3 updates to their phones (even some of them)?

    submitted by /u/Psychedelic_Retard7
    [link] [comments]

    Help with water damaged phone

    Posted: 31 May 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    I tried to turn on my old MotoG5 which I thought had been destroyed after I fell out of a canoe with it in my bag. However when I turned it on the bootloader shows up perfectly normal and so does the warning about an unlocked bootloader. I did some more investigation and determined that the phone is still working it's just that the phone is on super super low brightness when in android itself and basically requires a flashlight to be shined into it for it to be legible. Any ideas what's causing this? It should also be noted that the brightness problem exists in the recovery aswell.

    submitted by /u/halibastor
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei health app / Bluetooth disconnects once app moves to background?

    Posted: 31 May 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Unfortunately the charging port on my P30 has given up so I'm using a Blackview BV4900 pro for the time being until I can get it fixed. I've paired my Huawei band 6 to it fine, but once the Huawei Health app is moved to the background it disconnects from the watch so I no longer get notifications etc. I've added the app to the phones whitelist, and disabled battery optimisation for both the health app and the Bluetooth service but it's still doing it. Once I reopen the app it pairs again automatically.

    Bluetooth itself seems to be fine, I've paired my headphones and listened to music fine, and my Gotcha pairs fine with Pokémon Go even with the app in the background.

    I wasn't sure if the issue was the app being downloaded from the play store but even after installing the Huawei app gallery and downloading from there, I still have the same issue.

    Is there something simple I'm missing? The phone is running Android 10, and both phone and watch are as upto date as possible..

    submitted by /u/philcrumpler
    [link] [comments]

    Phone randomly freezes and i need to force restart it

    Posted: 31 May 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    So basically the title. Also I tried using

    adb logcat -L

    to get the logs if they can help somehow but it says logcat read failure so I can't get them. I have stock rom, Android 8 go, non rooted phone is an Moto E5 play go. Also it generally happens with Reddit but it can happen with other apps.

    submitted by /u/BrokenAndDeadMoon
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel