• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, April 30, 2021

    Did this keyboard function ever exist or am i making it up? Android Help

    Did this keyboard function ever exist or am i making it up? Android Help


    Did this keyboard function ever exist or am i making it up?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    I hope this is the right sub for this. I used to have an Lg G flex 2 and i remember a very specific function that the keyboard had. Basically when suggesting a word to you it would make the keys that you had to hit to type that word have bigger hitboxes so that you were less likely to make typos. I just turned my Lg G flex 2 on and there was no such setting. I even remember seeing an ad about this on the smart bulletin page and i remember the visual they used. Did this ever exist? Does anyone else remember it?

    submitted by /u/kkerasia
    [link] [comments]

    please help, apps closing all the times

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:36 PM PDT

    i have a Samsung A70, got it 9 months ago so it's not really old. 12 hours ago, apps started closing on their own all the time. not every app but some of the apps i use the most (spotify, discord, tiktok, subway surfers) but reddit or twitter works fine for example it's normal for a minute or two then it just closes; you can imagine it's really annoying

    i already did everything i found on the issue online:

    clear the cache, uninstall and reinstall, restart the phone, reinstall android webview, uninstall lots of unnecessary applications on my phone, do all my updates .... I don't want to have to reset my phone because it would be really complicated to manage, most of my files are only on my phone.

    please help me, this issue greatly limits my use of my phone. Does my problem justify going to a telephone repairer? I suck with this phones

    submitted by /u/choicesstanacc
    [link] [comments]

    Help please! Desperate to get into this locked phone

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    My husband's brother died suddenly this week and we can't figure out how to get into his locked phone. It's a recent cheap LG model. His girlfriend knows his codes and passwords and will not tell us. I know it's unlikely that we can hack into it but we really just want to know what was going on in his life in the last few days. I know this has probably been asked before and I'm sorry if it's a dumb question but thought it was worth a shot.

    submitted by /u/Majestic-Ad2524
    [link] [comments]

    Does anybody know why Google's text to speech has gotten worse over the years?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    It was just fine like about 7 years ago but something happened and it's just been a mess since.

    submitted by /u/eChelicerae
    [link] [comments]

    App Update Size

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Title basically, why do I require the same amount of space from an app to download an update of it? Say, I wanna download the new Instagram update (let's say Instagram itself is 500mb), 20mb which is very little, but then my phone doesn't have 500 mb which shouldn't be a problem, but then PlayStore warns I need 500mb of empty space to download the update... Why is that? It's a pain in the ass with apps over 1gb. I always need to uninstall a 1,6gb game to then download it again with the update on.

    submitted by /u/hawkeysim
    [link] [comments]

    Google Meet on GrapheneOS

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    As I'm switching to privacy, my school is becoming an obstacle in a way. I wanna use GrapheneOS as it's more secure than stock and type 1 Android and iOS too(iOS is just brainwashing it's customers by saying that it's private and it's also unholy to use it because we're Android users). It disables the Google Play Services & Google Meet needs them. I also can't use Gmail too as it too, needs Google Play Services. I know that you shouldn't use google because it's not privacy friendly, but my school disagrees and uses it. Now how should I use it then?

    submitted by /u/Am_anonymous_guy
    [link] [comments]

    Returning my OnePlus 8T - Will my data be safe after a factory reset?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:31 PM PDT

    Having installed all my banking apps etc, I now need to return my 8T. The device comes with androids encryption but will that be enough to protect my data if I used shreddit, log out of my apps, close my Google account and then run a factory reset? I hear stories of chips being removed to access data but don't know how misleading that is.

    submitted by /u/ianmd
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Recover lost files during Samsung Link transfer

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'll try to make this short. We got a new phones today, and I was helping my Mom transfer her files from her old phone (LG G5) to her new one (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE) During the sync, her old phone shut off by itself even though it was at (40% battery). Not a big deal I thought. I plugged in the phone, and began the process again. It worked as expected. Looking at the G5, its like the phone reset itself back to 2018. All the texts, pictures and app info was reset back to Sep 2018. My mom had tons of pictures of her new grandkids in the last couple years, and she is absolutely devastated. 3 years of cherished memories, GONE.

    Is there any sort of software I can use to try to recover the files? I understand that during a power loss, files can get corrupted, or it just undoes the transfer, but everything was deleted. I scoured every folder on the G5 on my computer and couldn't find the missing content. Ive only browsed the S20 on the device itself, but couldn't find any of the files either. She doesn't have any sort of backup software, or Google Drive sync. I know you can recover lost files on normal HDDs. Is there anything that can be done? I'd appreciate any help.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/XRocker15
    [link] [comments]

    [Samsung Galaxy S9] Screen freezes up when attempting to change an apps permissionsm

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    I accidentally allowed an app to access my camera and when I open the Permissions manager, the screen freezes up and I can't tap anything. this also happens when I go to the app manager and select Permissions from there.

    has anyone ever had this issue before? or been able to fix it? :(

    submitted by /u/Truth4gotten
    [link] [comments]

    Do any products exist like this but for android market?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/mJEAAOSwGBNgYr09/s-l1600.jpg

    There was a wooden version of this I saw a while ago, was rather curious if there was an android version that supports galaxy watch and USB C type chargers?

    I'm sure I could probably build my own but it seems like it would be a lot of hard work.

    submitted by /u/AmadeusGreenwood
    [link] [comments]

    Facctory reset locked phone

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    So I was playing with adb on this obscure phone (vinsmart or something, a nebulous relative of a friend of a relative threw it away) and deleted the keyboard. Then like an idiot I locked the phone so there's basically no way to type the password.

    So obviously typing the password wrong 10 times will not work, and I did not sign in to anything yet so no google magic. What can I do?

    edit: I can probably still use adb if I found a way to authorize adb without unlocking my phone

    submitted by /u/Wocko_Jillink
    [link] [comments]

    when i add a website to home screen, its icon is the letter the website starts with. i would like to be able to change that icon into either the .javascript from the site, so that i have the actual logo, or another logo that will surely be better than a plain L or C and so on. thank you

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    when i add a website to home screen, its icon is the letter the website starts with. i would like to be able to change that icon into either the .javascript from the site, so that i have the actual logo, or another logo that will surely be better than a plain L or C and so on

    thank you

    even using an app would be ok

    submitted by /u/clyus22
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Media Pad T5 AGS-W19, usb tethering missing, please help!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    As per manual, there is usb tethering under settings. Followed exact instructions, but the option of "usb tethering" doesn't exist even when searched. The only option is "USB" which is currently in MTP, tried PTP, Charge only, Midi, all does not give me "usb tethering".

    Developer options, turned on USB debugging, "usb tethering" still missing.

    Tried restarting, factory reset, changed usb cable, changed usb ports, changed computers, updated drivers on pc, all of which did nothing to give me "usb tethering" on my tablet. I have an exact LTE version of the tablet, it has "usb tethering". The wifi version as per wifi version manual indicates there is usb tethering.

    Please help?

    submitted by /u/fredtabah123
    [link] [comments]

    Why is brighter aod display setting not working and mobile hotspot icon not available

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/Mzk4HD3

    One is a t mobile version and one is a verizon, both aod brighter display settings enabled but the t mobile isnt brighter. In the dark it will not go brighter mode, but in daytime it does. Verizon bright mode both in the dark and daytime. Other T mobile lg wing users also reported this problem. Can it be changed in dev settings or something? Like the sensor detecting the amount of light?

    Second The verizon has a mobile icon hotspot icon but the tmobile doesnt have one at all that can be added

    LG wing

    submitted by /u/I-am-ocean
    [link] [comments]

    Group Chat Maximum size

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    What is the maximum group chat size in the messages app?

    submitted by /u/---N0B0DY--
    [link] [comments]

    Debloated my Non-root Oppo A12 with ADB command lines, now the settings app launches but i can't change/open certain settings.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:32 PM PDT

    I used Android Debug Bridge to debloat my Oppo A12 with this debloat list, but something I deleted caused certain options in the settings app to crash just the app (not the phone), however I use this command line to delete the packages:

    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package\_name>

    meaning that the app files are still existant and I can reinstall them with this command:

    adb shell cmd package install-existing <package\_name>

    Unfortunately in a really stupid lapse of judgement I deleted the list of packages before I did any messing around so comparing a before and after list is out of the question.

    So I ask of any of you to review the list of packages under the Oppo Default System Apps, Color OS System Apps and Android Bloatware on Oppo sections of the debloat list to see what could possibly be causing this.

    I'm currently re-installing one by one all of the packages I can remember deleting, here is the list of the ones that don't fix the problem when re-installed so far:

    com.coloros.assistantscreen

    com.coloros.childrenspace

    com.coloros.gamespace

    com.coloros.healthcheck

    com.coloros.musiclink

    com.coloros.safesdkproxy

    com.coloros.securepay

    com.coloros.weather.service

    com.coloros.widget.smallweather

    com.oppo.atlas

    com.oppo.partnerbrowsercustomizations

    com.oppo.quicksearchbox

    com.oppo.usercenter

    com.oppoex.afterservice

    Worse case scenario I just back up my phone and factory reset it.

    submitted by /u/JohnnyJohnnJohn
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any ways to install a Linux distro on android?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    Beside andronix because it didn't work for me

    submitted by /u/ERI572
    [link] [comments]

    Realme ui vs miui?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:44 PM PDT

    They both seem to be doing a lot of work lately. They are now giving updates to their phones pretty well. Some of them do still have bugs. Their phones too are becoming really high in value. Which software do you think is better? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/revolutionarydayh
    [link] [comments]

    Keeps overheating and restarting.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    I recently got a Samsung S20 About 2 months ago and its been working fine up until 2 weeks ago. It was very hot and kept restarting til eventually it just stopped.(I had it outside under the shade while i skated and filmed, this was after a software update btw.) Then today it did it again after being charged, was also pretty warm.
    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/little_biotch_
    [link] [comments]

    App suggestion needed for money management.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    I am still getting used to the android world. One thing that I miss a lot about my iOS and I still use my old iPhone mostly for this one app called Money monitor by maxwell software. You can take a look at it here

    Its a simple app but allows you to do a lot with it. I've downloaded many money monitor apps on android and they all just dont live up to what im looking for. Either you are forced to have an account with them... no thanks. You are forced to sync your bank accounts with them... no thanks. Its very difficult to navigate them. They don't allow much input in regard to date/time/category of expenses or deposits etc.

    I need something just like money manager. You open the app and it shows you a bunch of accounts that you've added, as well as their balances. You click an account and you can add a transaction to that account. You choose the category of transaction, the account its for, if you want that transaction to repeat and how often, the $ amount of transaction, a nice note section(which i often use) and the date and time the transaction occured. Its simple, easy to navigate, and does everything I needed it to do. If anyone can recommend something like this I would greatly appreciate it.

    I dont care about large graphs or figuring out my credit score, or it syncing to any of my financial accounts. I just want a money monitor just like the one maxwell software makes for iphone. please take a look at the link to get a better idea.

    For those interested in a similar app, I found one that seems to offer everything I need and allows me to remove the features and pics etc for the things that I don't. Haven't found anything that it doesn't do. It's quite easy to navigate and things seem to be in alright places to get around the app as well. Here's a link to it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.expensemanager

    submitted by /u/AllAboutGadgets
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to remove the grid snap on the home screen so icons can be locked anywhere on the screen without being confined to a grid?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    Is there a way to feed Google a default location at all times?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:00 AM PDT

    I am in a journey to degoogle.

    between the various multi toggles and permissions, One thing is pretty clear : google wants my location info for every request or activity. If i do not give it , it is a endless prompts. till I cave in.

    Is there a way i can just feed google a random location or a default location.

    Locations issues apps : Google Maps/Google Pay/Google assistant /Google search via FF browser

    submitted by /u/newInnings
    [link] [comments]

    Phone vibrates for texts and notifications but not for calls

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    I have the Google pixel 3a... And my phone has stopped vibrating when I get phone calls. However is DOES vibrate for notifications and even vibrates once when I miss the call. Is there a setting that does this?? I need my phone to vibrate during calls again... The wife is going to kill me if I miss another call, but I hate having ring on.

    The vibrating device in my phone obviously works since it's still vibrating for messages.

    Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sfnzr6
    [link] [comments]

    Full memory storage

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    I'm using Samsung J5, version 5.1.1 and this is annoying the heck out of me. I can't launch the gallery, because it will show up the "There is not enough space. Delete some files" message. It's not possible for me to install an app that's only 3MB either - yes, that's how fucked up it is. It will often be out of space, and only rarely it will install any app I want. I also want to mention that it's got a 32MB SIM card. So if possible, is there a way I can fix this issue? At this point, I don't know what to delete from my phone and what not to delete. I am aware that emails (I'm not sure what other things drain the phone's space) consume a lot of memory and I hate to admit, but I've got a whole lot of anime photos downloaded in my gallery and I simply cannot delete some of them, supposedly because I need them for references for developing my own art skills, but either way, I'm going to try to remove a bunch of those and see what happens.

    submitted by /u/Upstairs-Alarm-528
    [link] [comments]

    Reinstall/restore Android after installing Linux mobile?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    I want to try Ubuntu Touch on a Nexus 7 tablet, but I want to be able to restore Android to how it was before installing Linux when I am done trying it out. I'm not very familiar with Android so if someone could explain how to backup and then restore the OS, settings, installed apps, and app data that would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PUPIW
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel