• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, March 31, 2021

    Are there reliable USB-C magnetic cable / adapters that can transmit enough data for Android Auto usage? Android Help

    Are there reliable USB-C magnetic cable / adapters that can transmit enough data for Android Auto usage? Android Help


    Are there reliable USB-C magnetic cable / adapters that can transmit enough data for Android Auto usage?

    Posted:

    Plenty of magnetic USB-C out there but I've seen mostly negative reviews when Android Auto usage is mentioned.

    Anyone have experience with a reliable cable / adapter that works well with Android Auto?

    submitted by /u/lakerswiz
    [link] [comments]

    Messanges / Hangouts - Missing Text Input Window

    Posted:

    Not sure if this is a wide spread issue or not, but when I woke up this morning I noticed that my text input box at the bottom of an SMS/Hangouts thread is now missing on my Android device (Pixel 2).

    When I got my my PC I could also see that the same issue is occurring in Google Hangouts as well. Is this happen to anyone else or has anyone else experienced this type of issue?

    submitted by /u/Azoozoo
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung galaxy s9 stuck on a bootloop

    Posted:

    I've been trying to root my phone for the whole night and I was able to do it once. For some reason the dumb me tried installing another rom and screwed everything up. I'm using twrp, magisk v22 and disable forceencrypt. Help me out pls

    submitted by /u/Modestinas
    [link] [comments]

    How to set up text notifications for every time I open an app?

    Posted:

    I'm attempting to set up a text to automatically send to one of my friends every time I open a specific app. She was able to set it up on her phone, but she has an iPhone. I have a Google Pixel 4a. If anyone has suggestions on how to do this, please let me know!

    For example, I want a text to send to her every time I open Discord that says 'k is on discord now!' from my phone.

    submitted by /u/kennaellen
    [link] [comments]

    Black Bar Under Keyboard

    Posted:

    I've seen this question answered elsewhere (mostly for OnePlus), but I'm using a stock Android device, so those solutions don't apply to me. How does one get rid of the black bar beneath the keyboard? It isn't a problem in portrait mode, but when holding the phone in landscape, the keyboard is awkwardly raised really far up and is difficult to type on with a huge black bar below it. Is there a way to disable that or hide it? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Jimmy_is_Snoke
    [link] [comments]

    Latest android updated on S10e has allowed twitch controls to take over my lock screen though notifications are blocked.

    Posted:

    The latest android update is allowing twitch notifications/controls to show on my lockscreen though they are disabled and taking over my spotify controls.

    I have tried stopping it in developer services anyone else got any ideas?

    Edit: Twitch is being cast to a tv from a chromecast but those notifications are also turned off.

    https://streamable.com/xl3aaq

    https://ibb.co/7pGJ2sH

    submitted by /u/Diionyx
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Airdrop to iOS without having iOS user needing third party app

    Posted:

    Trying to Airdrop images but dont want to have to buy an iPhone and dont want to have to have iOS users to install a third party app either.

    Is there anyway I could possibly emulate an iPhone on my android just to specifically airdrop or is it impossible?

    submitted by /u/xNWLx
    [link] [comments]

    Moving images - including their tags! - to a new android phone?

    Posted:

    Hey, I have the following question:

    Is there any way to switch to a different (android) phone and keep the tags you've assigned to your image via the standard gallery tab?

    At first I had assumed this could be done by simply saving the images to an SD card and then adding tags afterwards (to store the tag data directly onto the SD card) - but unfortunately I've been told the tag data will NOT be saved to the SD card regardless, and can therefore not be transferred in that way.

    Now I am wondering if it might be possible to transfer both images and tags using other backup options (e.g. the 'bring data from old device' function, various apps, etc) instead.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/kityena
    [link] [comments]

    I have a hidden number that everything is sent from

    Posted:

    I just got a new phone (Moto g Power) and I wanted to keep my number from my old phone (Moto E4). So after I turned the phone up and loaded everything that was backed up from my google account, I pulled my old SIM card out of my old phone and put it in, then I opened the republic app and set it up with my old number, but none of the texts on my old phone carried over and I tried texting my brother and he said that he's getting the texts from a totally new number (and provided screenshots as proof)

    my old phone somehow got texts that were meant for my new phone despite lacking a sim card (it was still connected to wifi and republic has a text/call over wifi feature). I have put it on airplane mode to try and avoid this happening again.

    During this same time frame my roomate (who does not have my new unwanted number) texted me and the text went to my new phone.

    I have no Idea what is going on and I need to be able to be contacted by my old number. Please help and thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/jordanskaven1
    [link] [comments]

    how to make in app purchases in android studio?

    Posted:

    I think I have to use Google billing API. Am I right ? Tell me the best way to develop it.

    submitted by /u/builditmasters
    [link] [comments]

    can anyone help me?

    Posted:

    so spongebob marbles and slides doesnt work on my samsung note 10, ok, i download vmos and it works fine on there until i reach level 2 of getting started where i have to tilt my phone, this worked on my phone sure, back in 2014. it doesnt work on vmos, wheres the gyroscope? How do i get a gyroscope on vmos?

    submitted by /u/spongyman46
    [link] [comments]

    memory help

    Posted:

    I bought a 32 gb memory card for my umx android phone and the internal memory keeps saying full even though I set storage to sd card. Do I need to factory rest my phone I already rest it normally I barley have any apps so I have no idea whats taking so much memory

    submitted by /u/coolbluekick
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube picture in picture glitch

    Posted:

    Has anyone else having a glitch with youtube since the last update After? My YouTube picture in picture is stuck in the bottom right corner. When I open other applications with it it will make the application flicker a lot. I have youtube premium.

    submitted by /u/Ahahahahahhahbshd
    [link] [comments]

    "9 attempts remain before device is deleted"

    Posted:

    How do I disable this automatic-wipe of my phone if I guess the password wrong 10 times? I don't want this to ever happen. This is on Android P. On previous version of Android, I know there was a way to disable this "feature". Thank you

    submitted by /u/Flarfanex
    [link] [comments]

    Is my Galaxy A52 really new?

    Posted:

    Hello I know this is probably a weird question.

    I ordered a new Galaxy A52 directly on the page of one of the biggest electronics retailers in my country. So not from some 3rd party seller.

    When it arrived the box was closed and it had the stickers on the box that say not to open it if they're broken.

    I noticed it looked a little bit like someone had tried to peel them open just a little bit, but I wasn't sure. I tried peeling it myself and it's actually not really possible since the sticker sticks quite heavily to the box.

    I opened the box and the phone was still wrapped in the clear plastic but it looked kind of dusty. It doesn't really look like fingerprints, but it looks a little weird.

    Now I'm just hesitant if I should use the phone and I'm just overanalyzing it or if I haven't been send a completely unused phone?

    Here are some pictures of the phone. What do you think?

    https://www.imgur.com/a/SNk7avz

    submitted by /u/Co_Jambo
    [link] [comments]

    Lowest volume setting on my headphones is too loud, how can I more precisely control it?

    Posted:

    I like to listen on bed but the lowest volume is so loud. I've tried several apps to no avail.

    submitted by /u/Roachamon
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 8 Pro or S20 Ultra for the same price

    Posted:

    Sorry if this post might be a bit out of place but I'm torn between the Oneplus 8 Pro and the Galaxy s20 ultra. The recent price drops on both of them have brought them both to around the same price of 700$. For the same price which phone would be the overall winner in terms of screen quality and longevity. Camera is not the biggest concern for me. At this point would I just be deciding between OxygenOS or OneUI and a slightly better camera on the s20?

    submitted by /u/Hamtaro150
    [link] [comments]

    Honor 10 media sounds issue

    Posted:

    I recently discovered that all my media sounds are not working whatsoever. Spotify, youtube, snapchat, etc. nothing seems to work. My loud speaker works fine when I'm in a call and the mic does too but the ear speaker doesn't work and the person can't hear me either. Only on speaker can they hear me and I can hear them. I'm assuming this is a software issue since the loud speaker and mic work when in speaker mode and the media sounds are the only ones that don't work. Alarms and notifications work just fine. Media is normal through headphones also. How should I approach this problem is there something I can do?

    submitted by /u/Hulubulu123
    [link] [comments]

    Yesterday, I received an email and there was an attachment and it doesn’t look malicious but I’m afraid. Can the PDF contain a virus? I opened it on my phone.

    Posted:

    Audio Balance for Headphones Only

    Posted:

    Basically my headphones are broken and the left earbud is louder than the right one so I use the built in accessibility settings to fix it. But this means whenever I play audio through the phone's built in speakers, the audio is then imbalanced. Is there any way to get the balancer to only work on the headphones? I have a pixel 4a to be specific

    submitted by /u/Endikyuu
    [link] [comments]

    *System*-wide volume issue (ie device's speaker **and** headphone-jack!), cannot figure out a fix :/

    Posted:

    tl;dr -- suddenly my speaker, and my 3.5mm headphone jack, are both acting as if I had changed the volume-dial down to 05% of normal, despite the fact it's set at 100% :/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Title sums it up really, this was not caused by an update (although that last update can kick rocks) or anything, just one afternoon last week I got a call and the volume was soooo faint I could hardly hear it from several feet away and I keep volume at max (when it's on, I use the swipe-down Notifications area to alternate from Sound//Vibrate//Silent, so I never actually touch the sound-adjuster as it's left on Max)

    Quickly found that no Settings were off, figured the unit's speaker went bad, but then thought to try headphones and they were just as muted, could hardly hear them either - but they did still barely work so - to this novice - that means "It's not hardware, it's software" (since the odds of my headphone jack, and the regular speaker, both suffering a partially-muting-defect simultaneously would be astronomically low..)

    I've tried the 'ole "turn it off/back on" but past that my understanding is my next step would be "hard reset" which erases my data (and I don't have this unit backed-up, it's a "de-googled" handset and no none of the de-googling was done recently the phone's been stable as can be for a month+ now!)

    Thanks a ton for any&all ideas, I hate the idea of giong to buy this same handset again & swap my data&service to it, especially when it realllllly seems to point to a software issue which should be easily remedied (right?) Again thanks for any help even guesses, I can / will post pics/readouts/etc as requested!

    (PS- Handset is an LG Journey, has been a great handset til this, my service via T-Mobile is spotty sometimes but "ok" I guess)

    submitted by /u/neovngr
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about using an old phone as a gps tracker.

    Posted:

    I just got this shnazzy ebike and I'm currently hiding a cheap old phone in it and using find my device as a tracker incase it gets stolen. What I would like to do is have an alert if it moves from certain range. I don't think that's possible with Find My Device. Any suggestions of other apps/solutions would be greatly appreciated.

    Side note: Would be really cool if there is an app that can tell me if the bike/phone is being jostled at all. I feel like that one is a stretch but seems very possible.

    submitted by /u/Satin-rules
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for an app to change System boot animation

    Posted:

    I have a rooted phone and a while ago i had an app that required root access, which enabled me to change animations when the phone was booting. There were many animations to select from and i then stuck to a super mario jumping over obstacles while loading text shown above him.

    Where can i find such an app to change boot animations ? most preferrably open source...

    submitted by /u/Slovantes
    [link] [comments]

    External storage help

    Posted:

    I recently had got into photography and with that I got a decent camera that i use an SD card with and I also just got a note 20 and I can't put a SD card in it so I got a little dongle thing that I can plug in using USB C but my pictures and that do not come up in my gallery and I really want them too so is there anyway I can do that? ( to have my eternal stored pictures show up in my gallery ). Any help will be appreciated. And yes I did google it before coming here but I dont think I worded it right and didn't get the answer I was looking for

    submitted by /u/THEOGShots
    [link] [comments]

    How do you force your phone to stop eating Cellular Data when you are connected to Wifi?

    Posted:

    I'm connected to Wifi (Samsung galaxy 5) and it's STILL downloaidng using 46. How do I make it stop? I'm way over my data limit at this point

    submitted by /u/DuckGoesQuackMoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel