• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 updates for 1/12/21 Windows Help

    Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 updates for 1/12/21 Windows Help


    Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 updates for 1/12/21

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:48 PM PST

    Via the Microsoft Support website:

    IMPORTANT Adobe Flash Player went out of support on December 31, 2020. For more information, see Adobe Flash end of support on December 31, 2020. Flash content will be blocked from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021. For more information, see Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page.

    IMPORTANT Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 have reached the end of mainstream support and are now in extended support. Starting in July 2020, there will no longer be optional, non-security releases (known as "C" releases) for this operating system. Operating systems in extended support have only cumulative monthly security updates (known as the "B" or Update Tuesday release).

    • Addresses a security bypass vulnerability that exists in the way the Printer Remote Procedure Call (RPC) binding handles authentication for the remote Winspool interface. For more information, see KB4599464.
    • Addresses a security vulnerability issue with HTTPS-based intranet servers. After you install this update, HTTPS-based intranet servers cannot leverage a user proxy to detect updates by default. Scans that use these servers will fail if the clients do not have a configured system proxy.

    If you must leverage a user proxy, you must configure the behavior by using the Windows Update policy Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails. To make sure that the highest levels of security, additionally leverage Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate pinning on all devices. For more information, see Changes to scans, improved security for Windows devices.

    Note This change does not affect customers who use HTTP WSUS servers.

    • Addresses an issue in which a principal in a trusted Managed Identity for Application (MIT) realm does not obtain a Kerberos Service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers (DCs). This issue occurs after Windows Updates that contains CVE-2020-17049 protections released between November 10 and December 8, 2020 are installed and PerfromTicketSignature is configured to 1 or higher. Ticket acquisition fails with KRB_GENERIC_ERROR if callers submit a PAC-less Ticket Granting Ticket (TGT) as an evidence ticket without providing the USER_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flag.

    • Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Graphics, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, and Windows Virtualization.

    For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, please refer to the new Security Update Guide website.

    submitted by /u/wickedplayer494
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 95 AD showcasing the start button from a fashion magazine from 1995.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:23 AM PST

    Why is Windows so bad at handling Bluetooth?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 03:40 AM PST

    Why is Windows so bad at handling Bluetooth?

    I just bought a set of wireless earphones(JBL TUNE110bt), which I've been wanting to get for a while because I hate over-ear headphones(they hurt my head), and I wanted a set of wireless ones because I hate wires. So, finally, I got what I wanted and I was super excited to play games with my friends and be able to communicate with them once more without having to resort to apps on my phone, and I've had nothing but problems....

    1. Connecting was actually problem free. Instant and responsive!
    2. My first issue came when I had connected the device to my computer and I tried to launch Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Upon entering the main menu and in any part of the game, the audio for my entire computer was silent. Upon closing the game, the audio returned. I browsed a lot of settings while the game was playing and found nothing muted, silenced or turned off. For absolutely no reason, the game completely muted everything, and I wasn't able to resolve it.
    3. Following that, I tried to use Discord and communicate with a friend of mine, and found out that Windows annoyingly creates 2 audio playback devices and one microphone device.

    https://preview.redd.it/4lpixgiwaab61.png?width=369&format=png&auto=webp&s=6c3ae7dc253d97ea0c3dd50aa6b539520d120aec

    https://preview.redd.it/z64l5w7yaab61.png?width=373&format=png&auto=webp&s=8fef10d1cace2a982af76620e28cdd93081f1483

    Apparently Windows can't handle sending all communication audio signals through the "Hands-Free AG Audio" devices while sending all other audio signals through the Stereo device. If I disable the Hands Free AG parts, or disconnect them, then sometimes it will send the audio through the Stereo device and the quality will be fantastic(2 channel, 44khz) but I have no microphone. If I flip the config and disable the Stereo device and use the Hands Free AG ones, I can communicate, albet with only 1 channel and crazy low quality, and no matter what I did to make Discord work, I had absolutely no audio from any of my games (Halo, Terraria, others).

    Why is Windows so bad at handling Bluetooth audio!?

    submitted by /u/bloodknife92
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to install Windows OEM on a new hard drive?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    I've been using the same Lenovo laptop for 4 years now and I need more storage space than the 256GB SSD that came with the machine. I have a 1TB sitting next to me now and am familiar with installing new hard drives on this model but am wary about transferring my windows license to the new hard drive. Is this possible with the OEM version of Windows? Seems excessive to purchase an entirely new Windows license for a mere hard drive upgrade.

    What's the best of going about this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/fixmyebrake
    [link] [comments]

    How to resolve these IRQ conflicts?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:20 PM PST

    Does anybody here know how to resolve this? I've tried for days now, so i'm desperate to resolve this!

    https://preview.redd.it/qm3f90gl3db61.jpg?width=2442&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f4b94ef90bb8aedb55c72ec5df93b2b826c6c565

    submitted by /u/Tomatohax
    [link] [comments]

    Reformatting ex corporate machine

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:25 PM PST

    Hello, I was made redundant a month ago abs they gave me a PC to work from home because of covid.

    When I left I asked them where do I send the equipment to and they told me to keep it.

    Obviously my accounts now been locked out is there any easy way I can reformat it for personal use or is it now just good as a door stop?

    It's for bit locker enabled, I've asked for the admin password but they won't give it me because I'm no longer with the company.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Mountain-Mango-6543
    [link] [comments]

    Activation Blues

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:27 PM PST

    I have a desktop that I have been using windows 10 home on. It was originally shipped with windows 7 and when it updated for free, I guess the license became attached to my microsoft account. My friend has a small business and got a bunch of licenses for his stuff for windows 10 pro. He gave me one to use and it didn't let me activate. Now my windows is stuck unactivated. It this my punishment for trying to fix something that wasn't broke? How can I just get my old key back? 
    submitted by /u/NachoCh33z3
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to delete thumbnail cache without deleting thumbnails

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:09 PM PST

    I need to delete my thumbnail cache because I can't open files in file explorer

    submitted by /u/BrandExe
    [link] [comments]

    I updated my windows pc yesterday, and I have non stop received a litany of BSOD errors. I am at my wits end here. I even did a fresh install. Any suggestions on what to do? Each time it's a different error.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:40 PM PST

    GFW Live failed. Happens every time. How do I fix this? The Support does not take me to a support page. There's nothing wrong with my network connection.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:25 PM PST

    Windows Icons missing from restart

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:20 PM PST

    Hi guys, so I was downloading valorant and when Riot asked me to download their anti cheat thing as well it requires me to restart my computer.

    When I did so, all of the sudden the PIN number says it isn't working, and Everytime I tried to reset it , nothing would happen

    And after that I tried logging in with the password, it gave me an error saying "the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application"

    And once I got into my account , the icons on the bottom right disappeared and the sound input and output are gone along with the network settings and now I'm out of ethernet .

    submitted by /u/mrengelic
    [link] [comments]

    File explorer won't open any files Windows 10

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    Whenever I click a file in file explorer it just gives me an infinite loading cursor I still have alot of space and I have deleted thumbnail cache can anyone help

    submitted by /u/BrandExe
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what’s going on?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:58 PM PST

    Change update time for widows?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    MY COMPUTER UPDATED BETWEEN MY ZOOM CLASSES!!!!!! I put my laptop lit down for 10 min during break and when I came back it was updating!!!!! It was a 3 stage update also so it has to restart every time it completes a stage. Is there anyway to let it updates during midnight or let me approve a time for it to update?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/witherslayer_
    [link] [comments]

    Should I turn UTF-8 for non-Unicode apps?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:35 PM PST

    Should I turn UTF-8 for non-Unicode apps?

    So, I was messing with non-Unicode language settings for a thing I was doing, and was presented with the beta option to use UTF-8 for universal language support, should I turn it on? Are there any tradeoffs for it?

    The option window for non-Unicode languages

    submitted by /u/ninckvinny
    [link] [comments]

    Screen looks pixely and I can see red and green on text

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:18 PM PST

    the text is white but has red and green almost like around it anyone know how to fix this thanks in advance, it fixes when I have my monitor in 4k but I prefer to just have 1080p

    submitted by /u/Snoo_99105
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 stuck on load screen with spinning circle frozen. Cannot shut down computer either.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:54 PM PST

    Can't boot and computer shop says the drive is bad, but diskpart says otherwise.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 06:16 PM PST

    Why can`t i pick 2nd monitor as main anymore? windows 10

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:59 PM PST

    i had same set up for ages. Laptop with a second monitor connected via HDMI. i always used exsternal monitor as main until a few days ago. Only way i can use 2nd monitor as main now is by not having extended and my laptop display off. if i extend and have both monitors in use it picks laptop as main monitor. and the option to uncheck "make this my main display" is grayed out. Any help would be appreciated.

    screenshot of display settings. https://prnt.sc/wnuwqw

    submitted by /u/Captein_Boswollocks
    [link] [comments]

    Need to install Windows

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:54 PM PST

    Is there a way to create a bootable USB with a DVD?

    I bought a Windows 10 key from Newegg but didn't realize that it was a DVD. I don't have a disc reader and I don't want to return it. I just want to know if its possible to make a bootable USB.

    submitted by /u/Logannisa
    [link] [comments]

    Updated windows and now getting "windows wireless service is not running on this computer"

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 01:03 PM PST

    So last night I got the notification windows needed an update, so I clicked yes and went to sleep, I woke up and after booting my computer, I saw that the WiFi icon on the taskbar wasn't there anymore, so I went into settings to see what's going on and the network status is just a line, there's nothing on it at all. So I ran the troubleshoot and got the message that "windows wireless service is not running on this computer" after a bit of research I went into services and saw that WLAN autoconfig is stuck on 'starting'. I use a TP link wireless network adapter to connect to the WiFi and in device manager it says its working properly. I tried a factory reset and that didn't work either. I've sat here all day trying to fix the problem but I still cant get any connection at all and its really irritating me. Could someone help me out?

    submitted by /u/MCBest
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop Extremely slow and sometimes stuck.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:44 PM PST

    My girlfriends laptop restarted and now sometimes the windows menu gets stuck. She cant open any programs or click anything on the taskbar or open task manager. Nothing. Ive tried a lot of things but nothing seems to help. The laptop seems to get back to normal after a bit but it randomly gets bad again. What is happening? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Fookinlazahsights
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to allow hotkeys through from the Win 10 Lock screen?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:40 PM PST

    Hey all.

    So, I have a new Dell PC and monitor. I am sharing the monitor between that PC and a work laptop (I have no ability to install software on the work laptop, it's locked down hard). I want to have both computers plugged into the Dell monitor so that I can use its PIP/PBP features occasionally for certain use cases. I use a USB switch for the keyboard & mouse that are shared between the two devices.

    The on screen menu for the Dell monitor is horrible.: it's 5+ button presses to switch from one input to another. Enter the Dell Display Manager, which lets me define a hotkey for switching quickly back and forth between two inputs. It works great - if I have an active user logged in (i.e. machine is not locked).

    Is there any way that I can tell Windows that I want a specific hotkey to bypass the Lock screen? If I could do that, then I could switch from my personal computer to the work computer by pressing my hotkey to swap the monitor input, then press the button on my USB switch (that would actually work without doing any magic). Then to switch back from the work computer to my personal machine, I'd press the button on the USB switch so that keyboard input now goes to the personal machine, then the hotkey that activates Dell Display Manager and switches the input.

    I'm assuming that there is not a workable solution for bypassing the Lock screen, but I thought I'd check before I give up and buy a stupid KVM.

    submitted by /u/Syscrush
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Weekly drinking game

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:16 AM PST

    Take a shot of hard spirits when:

    Leo has a 5 minute ad for a VPN service

    Paul whines about Microsoft's lack of transparency in P&L statements

    Mary Jo talks about 'lapability'

    Mary Jo mentions 'front line workers'

    Paul talks about Call of Duty

    Mary Jo desperately tries to spin the latest MS bs initiative

    Mary Jo talks about craft beers

    Leo gushes about Apple

    Paul complains about Google tracking yet won't stop using their services

    submitted by /u/smoledman
    [link] [comments]

    Can your computer restart when it’s on sleep mode?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 03:32 PM PST

    I was wondering if you scheduled a restart for something like 4:00am while it's asleep if it would stink restart.

    submitted by /u/SmaIIpp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel