• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, January 31, 2021

    Which phones can still be rooted? Android Help

    Which phones can still be rooted? Android Help


    Which phones can still be rooted?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 05:15 PM PST

    Need help uninstalling a pirated app

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:35 PM PST

    I do minor tech support for friends. He pirated a app, likes it and now wants to buy it.

    The problem is the play store already thinks he bought it.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/tanfj
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Custom ROMS never available on newer Android phones?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    There are a lot of great custom ROMs out there like Resurrection Remix and Havoc OS, but they are usually only available on older phones like Redmi, Motorola or Google Pixel 2. Is there any reason that they can't be on newer devices like the Galaxy S20, OnePlus 8T, Oppo Find X2 Pro, or even the new Samsung Galaxy S21 series?

    submitted by /u/AstralBirth_Void
    [link] [comments]

    Need a file explorer that can explore the Android folders in Android Q

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 07:29 AM PST

    So I updated to Android Q today and one of my apps requires me to manually transfer a bunch of files to the Data folder for it to work. Unfortunately, there are thousands of files and transferring them by USB is taking over an hour.

    If I zip the files, place them on my phone, unzip them and then move them in a file explorer, it takes less than 5 minutes. My phone is rooted, but Solid File Explorer, my go-to file explorer, can't access the data or obb folders. Which, if any, file explorers on root can?

    submitted by /u/FallenAngelII
    [link] [comments]

    Could I have accidently changed BIOS settings by pressing the wrong buttons?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:43 PM PST

    I was forcefully putting the tight case on my new phone and the case hit buttons that caused coding language to show on the screen--BIOS?

    Anyways I couldn't get out of it, so I force restarted several times until finally the normal android came up.

    This was on a brand new phone--samsung a10e (straight talk)

    My main concern is whether I could have inadvertenly lowered security settings, making my phone more vulnerable to attack?

    submitted by /u/backcountry90320
    [link] [comments]

    How to let music play from media app even after it being closed in the recents menu?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:17 PM PST

    I know google play music used to do this so I was wondering if it was still possible.

    submitted by /u/Blitz5665
    [link] [comments]

    [Inquiry] Looking For Some Sort of Emulator Running Android OS with Skins

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:37 PM PST

    Is anyone else encountering this issue?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:12 PM PST

    Attempts to insert certain characters into the password field of mobile hotspot cause the OK button to become grayed out. For some reason when creating a mobile hotspot password it is no longer allowing UTF-8 extended characters.

    Such as the symbols for pound, euro, or yen?

    submitted by /u/A_Kobold_Rut
    [link] [comments]

    Adaway app

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 11:10 PM PST

    I understand I can add host lists to this app. I found there are such lists for sites with malware/spyware etc. If I add these lists for malware/spyware, will Adaway block connections to all these malicious sites as well? (Or does it only block sites that generate ads)

    submitted by /u/asifal2071
    [link] [comments]

    Controlling an Android phone's audio player via the buttons on the headset?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    I am interested in finding information about controlling an Android phone's audio player (e.g. play/stop/skip forward 20 seconds) with the buttons on the phone's headset. Based on my searches this doesn't seem to be a well-documented topic. Is there another forum in which I should ask this question?

    More specifically, I am shopping for a new Android cell phone (I am leaning toward a Moto G Power)/ I use my phone as an audio player and would like to buy a phone that:
    1) supports the use of the wired headset button(s) for such functions as play/stop/skip forward 30 seconds and;
    2) supports the use of an app(s) [1] that control the cell phone audio player and;
    3) Performs 1 & 2 with a wireless headset.

    Every few years I find myself looking for information on this topic and never seem to find much that is useful.

    Ref.
    [1] head set button controller apps such as ...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.irishin.buttonsremapper
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.homebutton

    OLD-https://beebom.com/5-apps-to-control-and-tweak-your-headset-buttons-in-android/

    submitted by /u/ThurstonBT
    [link] [comments]

    How to have video wallpapers on home screen? Have them on lock screen but how on home screen?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 10:06 PM PST

    Bulk Whatsapp chat backup/export/download

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 09:29 PM PST

    Hi All,

    I've been trawling through the Internet and multiple subreddits but I haven't found a solution on how to do this: How can I download/export/save all my chats from Whatsapp. The export should be human-readable.

    So far, I've mostly found most of the solutions are either obsolete or recommend the individual chat export. I have a fair volume of Whatsapp chats that I need to backup and individually exporting them is only a last resort option.

    Solutions that I've already explored:

    Are there any working solutions to backup Whatsapp chats for a non-rooted, Android 10 device with a Macbook running Mac OS Big Sur?

    Thank you in advance for your advice and help.

    submitted by /u/anantj
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung internet browser split screen?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:59 PM PST

    How to enable two tab split screen multitasking on Samsung internet (on a non Samsung device) in a similar fashion to chrome? I open two tabs and then go into multi tasking view but I can't find the setting to exchange the second screen display with another Samsung browser tab, is there any way I could do it?

    submitted by /u/Zeiad98
    [link] [comments]

    S20+ "Call & Text On Other Devices Is Running" Notification

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:46 PM PST

    All day today I kept noticing this notification popping up, but going away very quickly. I've confirmed I don't have this option on in settings, and I shouldn't have any devices that use it anyways unless it is used by android auto (though it is definitely coming up while the vehicle is off). Is this something I should be concerned about?

    submitted by /u/KevinDemo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a catch in creating Multiple Google Acounts for the 15GB free storage?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:42 PM PST

    With the free HQ storage ending from June, my 15GB will fill up soon.

    I already have a separate account for my WhatsApp backup.

    Works perfectly, no issues, but shouldn't there be a catch? Isn't it too easy?

    Why would anyone pay for it when it's this easy?

    submitted by /u/AlbertoRetardo
    [link] [comments]

    Can't disable screen fixing.

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:39 PM PST

    Hello,

    as the title suggests I have struggle to disable the screen fixing feature on my new android phone (Poco X3 NFC by Xiaomi) which I had enabled on my old phone and got 'copied' on my new one by default (when I log into my account and it loads all the settings and apps and stuff).

    The problem: I cannot leave screen fixing without rebooting my phone. It says to hold the two buttons (triangle and square) but that doesn't work.

    I have written to the manufacturer support but they stated that they can't help me. Now I'm a programmer and thinking that somewhere deep down there is a Boolean on true that I want to be false any ideas on how I can achieve that ?

    Further specs: Android version: -10 QKQ1.200512.002

    MIUI-Version: MIUI Global 12.0.7Stabil 12.0.7.0(QJGEUXM)

    PS: it is really annoying when paying in a supermarket and accidently hitting screen fixture on WhatsApp so you have to reboot the phone in order to pay which takes an awkwardly long time in that particular situation.

    submitted by /u/LucasTheNeko
    [link] [comments]

    how check if android machine has w/e this 'VoLTE' thing is

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    how check if android machine has w/e this 'VoLTE' thing is

    seems all cell service need it

    submitted by /u/doingbasiclifeprep
    [link] [comments]

    com.android.mms

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:47 PM PST

    My google activity shows things I've never done on my android, like send and receive messages while at work. It comes up as com.android.mms. I have no clue what the messages are and have no time stamp for them. This has jeopardized my relationship and I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/Deranged-Cyborg
    [link] [comments]

    Android file viewer "cant load content at the moment"

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:19 PM PST

    Just thought I post my solution to this issue as all previous threads were closed without a solution (other than resetting your device).

    On Android phone/tablet you may come across an issue where viewing your file system shows a picture of an hourglass and an error "Can't load content at the moment". Example screenshot posted in another thread by u/Pkmn_Lovar: https://ibb.co/8X1hSnX

    I fixed this by clearing the data of the Files app on a Galaxy Tab S4. Go to Settings > Apps > Show system apps > find the Files app (not My Files) > Clear data > Reboot.

    Might help others as I could not find this or any other solution online.

    submitted by /u/kimmerz29
    [link] [comments]

    Android 11 UI update

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    Is there anyway to change the camera notch and crop the screen like before? It's interfering with apps and generally ruins the UX for me. I don't care how hacked or jank, I just haven't been able to find any solutions. Had I known I definitely would have never updated.

    (Edit: typo)

    submitted by /u/RebrandISIS
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in Safe Mode - Galaxy S20

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 06:06 PM PST

    My volume down button is stuck down. I've tried cleaning with alcohol, etc and it won't budge. Every time it restarts it's stuck in safe mode, no matter how I restart it. Is there a way to restart it with some sort of workaround or bypass?

    submitted by /u/Stalenstruck
    [link] [comments]

    Bulk download from a Wallpaper App..

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 04:28 PM PST

    How to download all the wallpapers from an Android App after I purchase it from Google Play?


    [link] [comments]

    Vlan on android?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:58 PM PST

    Can an android be running VLan from anywhere? Like say there is a main router which then connects a few other routers and all their connected devices, which all run back through the main router?

    submitted by /u/noseypeach5
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a setting or browser that can force portrait videos to properly play full screen?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 03:40 PM PST

    Videos filmed in portrait are always thumbnail sized when I try to play them in full screen while my phone too is held in portrait. Only when I rotate to landscape does the video get moderately bigger and take up the height of the screen. I've tried on multiple browsers. Ideally people should stop &$#% filming in portrait, but there's only so much you can control.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_CAGED_BBC
    [link] [comments]

    Gboard text underlined - spellcheck and autocorrect are turned off :/

    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Just got my Pixel 5 after waiting really long here in Switzerland, and I really loving it so far. However, I can't get to stop underlining every single word I'm writing. I turned off autocorrect, spell checker and basically every single other option I found, but nada. I deleted / reinstalled Gboard, deleted the cache and whatnot. I also spent a healthy amount of googling, but seems like nobody found a solution to it. I am very grateful for any kind of help!

    submitted by /u/meppel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel