• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    OnePlus Android security update tracker: Shame on you OnePlus

    OnePlus Android security update tracker: Shame on you OnePlus


    Android security update tracker: Shame on you OnePlus

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:17 AM PST

    Does OnePlus really consider the 7pro end of life?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:51 AM PST

    In this post, OP claims that OnePlus can't fix his 7 pro because it's quote „end of life".

    Is this normal? I've never had issues getting 2-3 year old phones fixed with other manufacturers. Isn't this incredibly wasteful?

    submitted by /u/DingleberryHandpump-
    [link] [comments]

    The 7Pro is NOT end of life (at least in the EU)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    Hi, I've had my OnePlus 7Pro since June 2019.

    The popup camera suddenly stopped working early December 2020 and I sent it to the EU OnePlus repair centre in Poland from the UK, they covered all the costs for delivery and since it was under warranty and it got repaired for free too and returned immediately.

    I guess the problem is OnePlus in the US? The EU has laws for this so I'm not sure if it's a OnePlus issue or a legislation issue.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Will_
    [link] [comments]

    The Macro camera of the 7T is its best feature and I hate that OnePlus dropped it like a dead baby.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:48 AM PST

    Seriously. When I got the phone I thought it was just a gimmick, but as it turns out this one little thing has morphed into my main reason to keep the phone. The fact that OnePlus decided to use the ultrawide sensor for macro shots instead of tacking on a shitty 2 MP sensor like other producers do mean that I can reliably use it for a surprising amounts of things. It's a dope magnifying glass that takes pictures, I can get really up and close to PCB's to take detailed pictures of components, the macro lens lets me take dope shots of my plants and mineral specimens and it does so in a resolution that doesn't make me want to kill myself to boot!

    Of course, it's a little derpy with the stock camera app because it's awful, but with a modded GCam, this thing just pops to life. I think I'll keep this phone around even after buying a new one just for the macro lens, honestly.

    Anyone else love this little bit of tech they crammed into the phone?

    submitted by /u/-Fateless-
    [link] [comments]

    8T Charge Time

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:52 PM PST

    For the first time, my battery ran out while I was actually using the phone. Decided to finally see how fast it could go from 0-100 with the phone powered off. It was very impressive at 33 minutes, without getting overly hot.

    submitted by /u/notamoosen
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Health app is now on Play Store, even though OnePlus Band isn’t out

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:37 PM PST

    What is this notification icon?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:49 PM PST

    I've noticed this icon on the right side of the notification area for some time now, but cannot figure out what it could possibly be.

    http://imgur.com/a/1Ty58EW

    Any ideas? An Android/OnePlus icon? Or perhaps an app--though if so, it's not providing any equivalent information in the pulldown shade.

    submitted by /u/t_treesap
    [link] [comments]

    I just got the Galaxy S20 FE... Anyways I'll be switching back to my 7T here are my thoughts

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:12 PM PST

    TLDR: The software sucks, keep your Oneplus

    My goals for a new phone were

    • smaller
    • minimal price creep
    • better camera
    • No loss in performance (sorry Pixel 5)

    The Galaxy S20 FE has a much better camera and screen in terms of picture quality and refresh rate. The battery is bigger but charges slower and the price manages to undercut the 8T specifically on the used market where a FE is around $400-450 where as the Oneplus 8T is no less than $600.

    Sadly Galaxy FE is only better on paper

    Hardware: The front hole punch camera is surrounded in reflective material making it stand out. Maybe they wanted it to stand out but I thought the holepunch camera was meant to make it less present. I hate it. Moving on the buttons are too small but this can be helped by a case but you will regret getting a case because the body is wider than the 7T. I was already annoyed by how big the 7T is so this is unacceptable.

    Software: Samsung was once famous for bloatware and to many they still are. I spent at least a half hour finicking with settings to perfect everything. I was able to make it not terrible but it was annoying and to the layman or anyone over 50 it could catastrophically annoying. I've typed it out in detail, it's pedantic so feel free to skip ahead.

    Bad

    • The little sidebar thing is garbage, got rid of that.
    • They put the multitasking button on the wrong side, I switched that to gesture controls which sadly are not as polished as they are on Oxygen OS.
    • App switching is not as good (see the imgur album).
    • On the lock screen notifications are displayed as icons rather than information. Why they added an extra step is beyond me. Had to change that but it's still useless due to how opaque the notifications are. There's already a slider for opacity but they won't let you choose not opaque? As of writing this is the most annoying part of the FE
    • When I prioritize notifications to silent they still pop up on the notification bar. Still working on this one, there's probably a way to fix this. It's much easier on Oxygen OS

    Preferences

    • Didn't bother with Samsung's messages app switched to Google's
    • Switched to Google's keyboard as Samsung's is inferior
    • Changed the font and size of font.

    Good

    • Showing how long it takes to fully charge your phone
    • Option to have a dynamic lock screen wallpaper (changes every time you open your phone)
    • To my surprise I don't mind the stock One UI home screen. Not bad
    • There are some cool gimmicks/features for the camera
    • Has a micro SD slot although you can really only put pictures and videos on it so this is mostly negligible especially since the 8T has 256 gb

    Pricing buying decision: I bought my 7T used in November of 2019 for $400. Sold my 6T for $300. Amazing. This year the 7T will be listed for $300 probably sell for $280 max. I bought the FE used for $450 but in a year it will probably resell for around $200 since Samsung isn't afraid to put on a gnarly sale. Sadly right now a used Oneplus 8T is around $600 and would resell in a year for $350 max. So get the 8T lose at least 250 or get the FE and lose max $250. Third option keep the 7T for another year and lose $50 or $100 at most. That's a big reason I want to go back to the 7T. I'll lose so little money and I don't have much to gain by upgrading to the 8T. It has the same shitty camera and the battery is bigger which isn't really a problem I have. A higher refresh rate screen is the only thing I'm interested in and that's not worth $100 in potential loss to me.

    Final thoughts: All phones have gotten out of hand. I just a want a fricken Pixel 4a but I'm too addicted to the good life now to turn back. I have a 3800mha battery and a 90hrz screen, I can't downgrade to a Pixel 4a. The 7T has a shit camera and by extension the 8T with the same sensor also sucks. The Galaxy FE has software developed by thousands of people trying to justify their existence in bureaucratic hell. Apple is actively ruining the greatness of practical technology like wires so I can't support them. There is no perfect option. I just want my Nexus 5 back. Get me out of here

    submitted by /u/puddud4
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions vr box that is compatible or that will fit the one plus 7 pro

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:31 PM PST

    Nord 10 5g Camera that bad?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:34 PM PST

    I need a new smartphone, I'm rocking a Xiaomi Mi A2 which has been great but the USB port got messed up when I was cleaning it and it takes forever to charge now. It runs Android One which is very similar to stock Android. I've also used a Nexus 4 and a Pixel 2, and a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.

    Tomorrow the Nord 10 5G becomes available in Canada and it's cheaper than the Pixel 4a which I'm considering. OnePlus Canada is offering free One Budz with a purchase of the Nord 10 5G as well.

    I want a phone to last 2 years, security updates and take decent photos.

    What's the Nord 10 5G photos like from their main camera and ultrawide? Will they take good photos? Does the Night mode work okay?

    Something has me wanting to try a OnePlus smartphone and it's OS. The Nord 10 5G could give me a look into the OnePlus world. I know you get what you pay for and it's only $389, but the Pixel 4a is $479 and it offers a great user experience. I'm not expecting Pixel 4a night time photo quality, but still might take a photo here and there outside when it's dark. Typically I'm taking photos or video of my kids outside. I'm also a very light smartphone user.

    Help me out.

    submitted by /u/JayJitsBJJ
    [link] [comments]

    Widevine problem oneplus 8T

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    I updated my OnePlus 8T from version 11.0.4.5 to 11.0.5.6, and after that i lost widevine L1 support, my phone changed to L3, does anyone know a solution for getting L1 back. The bootloader is still locked.

    submitted by /u/daan1575
    [link] [comments]

    Future upgrade

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:22 PM PST

    I currently have the SE 2020. Had it since it's launched, drastically after 3 months its battery just is not lasting. Randomly shutting off after 30 percent, losing percent very fast. (I am a very not heavy user on my phone either, I don't stream stuff on YouTube or twitch often. ) I just paid it off because it's just so severely annoying. I was thinking since it has a deal on the one plus site to go for the 7t pro mclaren 5g. Looks good on paper seen some videos on YouTube and overall a good reviewed product from what I can tell. Those who have the device any thoughts or input would be thankful to hear on if this be a good move or to just wait for the newer phones to come out. I don't NEED or have to have the newest or greatest phone either just something that would last. Thanks to anyone who replies with insight :)!

    submitted by /u/crispybiscutboi
    [link] [comments]

    Is the nord 10 a worthy upgrade from op5?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:39 PM PST

    With T-Mobile releasing the nord 10 on the 15th, is it a worthy upgrade from op5? Will I kick myself for not waiting and paying the op9 price tag?

    submitted by /u/waterleak_
    [link] [comments]

    Just returned my OnePlus 8 after two days of use. I hated it.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:23 PM PST

    Couple of reasons for returning it. The screen has rounded edges and apps would fill to the edges, but the space was unusable. It made using sliders impossible in some situations. The screen is meh. Lines aren't sharp and the blacks look grey. The haptic feedback option made a noise from the speaker even with all sound settings off. Apparently it's a known problem. It was extremely annoying. Browsing on Chrome white colored pages would turn a greenish color when browsing and flicker back occasionally. There was no clip tray option when posting copied items. The phone I have now I can go back and re-paste previous items. There might have been a way to set that up in the options, but I decided to return it before trying to figure it out.

    submitted by /u/sleepnaught
    [link] [comments]

    7T or 7Pro on Twigby?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    I want to get a 7t or 7 Pro refurbished, and I use Twigby for service. I think Twigby is CDMA only. So I'll be getting one that's compatible with Sprint or Verizon. My questions is, has anyone had experiences bringing these phones onto Sprint, Twigby or Verizon, and what issues I should look out for?

    This is the one I'm looking at:

    https://www.backmarket.com/tested-and-certified-used-oneplus-oneplus-7-pro-256-gb-mirror-grey-unlocked/142197.html#?l=3

    Ive had a flip phone for three years so this is all new to me!!! Thanks for your help!!

    submitted by /u/thegreenseeker33
    [link] [comments]

    need help with a new Oneplus 8T that i got

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:40 PM PST

    I just bought a brand new Oneplus 8T and noticed that in every situation where the screen is displaying black (while being turned on), There's 1 pixel at the bottom right corner of the phone that is displaying a dim gray color instead of displaying black.

    the whitish dim gray pixel doesn't do that with any other color or shade, only true black..

    Also, after around 20 seconds of it sitting on my home screen, all the apps are burned in an inverted color ..

    for example, Tiktok was on the home screen for 20 seconds and when i checked, the (black and white) icon of Tiktok was burned in, as an inverted version of the icon.

    did anyone else experience something like this?

    I have the phone for less than a day

    submitted by /u/hooray_-
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use two separate dialers with separate phone numbers?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:23 PM PST

    Is it possible to use one dialer app like the baked in one for a SIM 1 and another dialer app for SIM 2?

    Id like to make sure I'm using the right SIM when calling customers so that would make things easier for me on the fly.

    Is this even possible?

    submitted by /u/REHTONA_YRT
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use slow charger for charging OnePlus 8T?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    Hello everyone, I know fast charging degrade battery health because of the heat it produces.OnePlus 8T comes with 65W charger which is crazy fast and still produce more heat and i'm bit worried about the longevity of the battery.I'm considering charging my phone with 15W samsung charger whenever i have time and only use fast charger only if needed.Is that safe to use slow charger especially samsung charger for cahrging oneplus 8T?

    submitted by /u/Aaqilsh
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6T crashing

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:39 PM PST

    Hello there, I have my OP 6T for two years now. Since today it starts to randomly restart. The first issue I had today was that I couldn't take screenshots.

    Did somebody experience something like this before? What might cause this error?

    submitted by /u/CN_Zombie
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 5T - Power Button not working

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:36 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    Since a month or so the Power Button of my OnePlus 5T does not seem to work properly anymore. I have trouble locking and unlocking my phone at the moment. It does work from time to time. Let's say, it works for 3 days in a row and then it starts bugging again. I'm afraid that one day I won't be able to boot my phone anymore. I've already Googled for a solution but I keep hitting dead ends. Did anyone had a similar problem and a possible solution?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Yosika
    [link] [comments]

    AMOLED vs LCD viewing experience

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:45 AM PST

    Can someone explain to me why the videos played in an LCD screen - Poco F1 seems better (brighter) for eyes than AMOLED - OnePlus 8 Pro. It's looks like I'd have strain a bit on AMOLED screen. Also, in AMOLED screen Netflix (L1) with less than 50% brightness (in-app) looks not so good to watch videos. But YouTube looks alright in the same brightness. In Netflix app, I'd have to keep it more than 50% brightness to have a decent experience.

    submitted by /u/anand3294s
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing my first OnePlus!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:07 PM PST

    Hey,

    I'm currently looking at getting my first OnePlus phone. Question is, I don't know which one to go for.

    I can choose between: 8T (8GB Ram), 7T (8GB Ram), OnePlus 7...

    submitted by /u/thedogtrain
    [link] [comments]

    Planning to buy oneplus earbuds.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:20 AM PST

    As the title suggests I'm planning to buy oneplus buds from their official store. I'll buy two, ordinary buds and the buds z, because where I live shipping is expensive plus one of the earbuds is at sale which means if I buy both I'll save about $70 after taxes and the buds z cost $69. Shipping is free if I spend $150+. Two of them will cost me $168 after discount and tax. So I can select fast shipping for free.

    But I'm concerned about their issues like constantly becomes disconnected and connection issues. Is there any ways to fix that?? I have a OnePlus 7 Pro. How is the sound quality and battery life for both of them?? Do they have noise cancelling feature?? Are there any issues which I should be concerned about?? Also I know that the touch control can be finicky so I don't expect much off it.

    I mostly listen to hip-hop, rap/trap so I would like a good bass quality.

    TLDR- Will buy 2 buds. Need information on known issues and fixes for them that is if there are any issues. How is battery life and sound quality?? Have a 7 Pro.

    submitted by /u/mrkillfreak999
    [link] [comments]

    Why I don't regret my OP7P purchase and why I'm in the minority

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:27 PM PST

    ** Edit ** Guess I have to spell it out: I'm not in the minority for liking the OnePlus 7 Pro, I'm in the minority of not relying on their updates due to custom Roms.

    Haven't posted on here, but I've been lurking and seeing all the complaints about OP lately, all within good reason.

    All sales they have had of late have been riding on the positive press they have had since they came out with the OP3/3T and then their peak was the 7 pro. Since then they have been in a steady decline in both customer service and software, both what they used to pride themselves on. OP is not the same company since then and won't ever return to those days; party is over.

    Having said that, I love my 7pro for the simple reason that if I don't like the issues with Oxygen OS (and the security BS that is hidden in the build prop,) I just unlock the Bootloader and toss an AOSP/Pixel rom on it. Delaying A11? Fine, I'll put it on there anyway (A11 on stock android looks and functions better than what is on OOS atm.) Those are reasons why I got this phone to begin with, just like I bought the Nexus phones of yore, but I also understand that not everyone is like me and can rely on unlocking and swapping roms.

    I'm going to use my 7Pro probably until it's either dead, physically or technologically and switch to whatever Pixel is out by then, and that makes me sad. I love this phone and the now dead company that made it.

    submitted by /u/Saiyan_Saiyan_No_Mi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel