• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    Never forget about rule number 1 Tech Support

    Never forget about rule number 1 Tech Support


    Never forget about rule number 1

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 11:46 AM PST

    For context : I do tech support for one of the big Banks in europe, we support around a dozen Apps, Websites and the like. We also support a Banking Software aimed at Medium to large Businesses. Lets call it $crap

    So, a wild custumer appeared.

    Me: this is Lupo from $crap Support, what can i help you with?

    Cu: hey, i use $crap on my Laptop and i'm sending the Computer in for repairs. Is there any posibility to get the login protected by a password or something like that?

    Me: (wait a sec, you can't even disable the login prompt, because its required to be there by law) If you aren't using a password to login, how do you even open the Programm?

    Cu: what do you mean? I just click the icon and i'm in

    (of course, why did i even ask -.-)

    Me: can we do a teamviewer session?

    Cu : sure, But can't you just tell me how to enable it?

    Me: (sure, if you tell me what magic you are using to login without a password in the first place...) i just want to see your login procedure first.

    Teamviewer starts, customer starts $crap, login window appears, Cu enters credentials

    Me: stop! What are you doing right now?

    Cu: I entered my... Oh... Oh shit... I guess i totally wasted your time.

    submitted by /u/lupo_ger
    [link] [comments]

    Positive Feedback

    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 06:27 AM PST

    I recently had a really awful day - I got some really bad news (personal stuff). Additionally I had calls scheduled the whole day, which is not always the case for me, as I only have a handful of customers assigned, and therefore hadn't much time to prepare for each call.

    So in my third call or so, completely straight forward, no stupid questions, in total a competent IT guy, asking further questions about the way our product works. At the end, the customer says the nicest thing, just "Thank you. I appreciate what you're doing. I couldn't keep my nerves as you do with all of this."

    It was so random. And so much appreciated.

    I guess, we do make a difference. So my friends from Tech Support, I think we hear it not often enough: Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Rohle
    [link] [comments]

    Man blows up at my mother for asking him if he plugged in his computer.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    This is a story from my mom from before I was born but after my eldest sister was born and was working at tech support for a computer company that we'll call "Unison" while her main job was working for the company that assigned her to "unison" that we'll refer to as "Broad" since it was a broad company. Now my mom was used to absolute absurd questions and complaints while working, ranging from people asking her for help for a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT internet provider (we'll refer to that one as Net in future stories but the names will stick for future reference since this isn't about the internet provider company she also supported which was also just as shitty, I'll post that story if my mom lets me) to the story I'm writing right now since she doesn't want to create a Reddit JUST to post this. And she was only reminded of this since we were listening to r/talesfromtechsupport and her entire face began twitching.

    It was late 1999 to early 2000s and my mom was a working single teen mother of an infant and NEEDED a job to provide for her daughter and was willing to pretty much take anything and the thing is, "Broad" had decided to place her as tech support for 'unison' (it was a shitty computer company that had a lot of complaints) so she got a lot of stories to tell.

    A man calls in one day complaining that his computer isn't turning on and that he needed help. Now the companies procedures were to-

    1: ask the caller if they had turned on the device

    or if that didn't work-

    2: ask the caller if they had plugged in the device to an outlet.

    My mom had asked the second question since the guy had already stated he tried to turn it on and let me remind you, this was a time when internet and computers were relatively new and these were common issues people had (despite how stupid at sounds now)

    The once chill guy (maybe somewhat irritated) began to practically yell and verbally abuse my mother asking shit like

    Caller: HOW COULD YOU ASK ME SUCH A STUPID QUESTION?! DO YOU TAKE ME FOR A FUCKING IDIOT!?

    (and similar harsh words that my mom didn't care to recall)

    My mom was already used to this rodeo and was used to this kind of treatment because people thought they were geniuses back then. This goes on for a while and my mom continues to try and explain that if him plugging the computer into a different outlet didn't wok than he should contact the company of the computer itself to request to have it fixed since it would have been the computer itself and that was outside of her paygrade. The guy agrees to plug THE EXTENSION CORD into a different outlet to see if it was the outlet or the computer itself. There was a very long pause before the guy quietly mumbles out a-

    "I-..... I didn't plug in the extension cord to the outlet." Now this point I'm about to make is pretty irrelevant but shows just how mouthy she was (still is) as a teen and it took HER ENTIRE WILL POWER to not yell back at the guy for screaming about how SHE was the idiot. He thanked her for helping BUT NEVER APOLOGIZED!

    My mom has many stories about tech support and if she lets me.

    submitted by /u/Lost_Wicked_Artist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel