• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Is there an app that where you can tap an icon and immediately start recording video? Android Help

    Is there an app that where you can tap an icon and immediately start recording video? Android Help


    Is there an app that where you can tap an icon and immediately start recording video?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:18 PM PST

    I need an app that I can start recording video almost instantly. Instead of going to my app drawer and finding the camera and opening the camera and and turning on video.

    Any such thing?

    submitted by /u/i__hate__stairs
    [link] [comments]

    Is it necessary to reset your phone after an OS update?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:59 PM PST

    I received Android 11 on my S20 FE this morning. I read somewhere a long time ago that you should always reset your phone after you receive an OS update. Is this still something I should do?

    submitted by /u/lurkcatcher
    [link] [comments]

    Can't turn on Dev Options for Galaxy S8, currently on Android 9, please help?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:25 PM PST

    So I've spent the past few hours trying to figure this out, and I have no idea what is causing this. I've done Google search after Google search, and no fixes on multiple forums seem to fix my version of this weird problem.

    When I tap build number several times, and the prompt finally says Dev options have been enabled, when I go back into the main setrings menu, scrolling to the bottom doesn't show the dev option as it should.

    When I go back into software info, and tap build number again, it prompts me to tap several more times and then again, says it's been enabled, as if I'd never done that to begin with...?

    It seems like it's automatically being disabled by my phone as soon as I exit out of the software info page, and I have no idea how to get around this. I've tried downloading apps that open up the Dev options, and they still needed me to manually activate it, but the same problem earlier arises.

    I'm okay with general phone knowledge, but I don't know if this is beyond me or not.

    If anyone has any ideas that I could try, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Redskyinthemorning
    [link] [comments]

    Niche settings help with Binize A7 headunit

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:19 PM PST

    Bought an Android car headunit and it's nice but it's settings are very limited. I know there are TONS more options from my.many other Android devices so I'm sorta confused. Just wanted to know if there were any ways to open up these settings or maybe a separate settings apk? I've done a ton of googling and can't find anything A screenshot of the settings

    submitted by /u/-EarthboundPanda-
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel 4a running latest security patch android 11, my notification shade for playback wont show the buttons on spotify anymore for some reason, any suggestions?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Help with a moto e6 google account

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:29 PM PST

    I bought a moto e6 from my step dads niece and the thing was child locked. Can she delete the account and factory reset it without me needing a password.

    submitted by /u/Hermit1397
    [link] [comments]

    Old notification icon when screenshot was taken

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    I've always had android and have always loved it. I currently have a Note 10. One feature I always liked was that any time I'd take a screen shot, the notification would stay in the bar at the top until it was cleared, or you could swipe it down and quickly delete the screenshot.

    It doesn't happen anymore and I want it back. I have gone all through settings and can't find it.

    Can anyone help me find how to restore it? Sometimes I take screenshots but don't want them saved (i know I can go into gallery and delete manually but I really liked it up top until I was ready to clear the notification)

    Help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/HbeforeG
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to block the downloading of ALL apps?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:59 PM PST

    I'm looking for a way to block the downloading of all apps, from the Play Store or otherwise. But haven't had much luck with finding a solution. It doesn't need to block them completely, but rather require a password/pin to be input before an app can be downloaded.

    I found parental controls, but the best it can do is limit it to PG 3 apps.

    I've tried 3 app lockers to try and see if I could block the Google Play Store completely, which worked, sort of. I did the required steps on each of them and it worked. The issue is that in my testing, I was able to quit the app lockers easily, without ever opening them or needing any pass/pin to do so (using the delete cache button on a Xioami Mi phone).

    Is there any option that cannot be disabled that easily?

    Thanks in advance!

    Edit: Made a quick screenshot of the button that closes all apps and cache. Is this something that's only available on MI UI devices or is this something that all Android devices have access to?

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/6oe3jjR

    submitted by /u/TheUnchainedLife
    [link] [comments]

    What's the best choice for custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro in regards to stability, performance and customizations?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:50 PM PST

    I always kind of liked "Resurrection Remix", but never tried on my new phone and was thinking about installing it, but some guy on XDA-Developers discord just trashed me saying that it is the project that is supposed to be abandoned long ago and I should use "Lineage OS" instead and he did not mind explaining his opinion...

    I went and reviewed Lineage OS on youtube and it kinda feels bland, I do not really see why would I choose it...

    What is your take on it?

    What is the best custom ROM to choose if I care mostly about pberformance, customizability, and stability?

    submitted by /u/eimis74523
    [link] [comments]

    How does Shelter creates a work profile without an IT code?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:38 PM PST

    Just a curiosity, because this is a requirement. Without it, work profile can't be created.

    submitted by /u/pineapplehelmet
    [link] [comments]

    Can my old Blackberry Leap be switched over to Android?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:31 PM PST

    Basically the title. Found my old BB Leap and honestly was not a fain of the OS at all but liked the phone itself. Would like to do something with it, be it Android or Linux.

    submitted by /u/Foot-Note
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect my samsung A01 to windows and Linux?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:02 PM PST

    I opened developer setting, default USB configuration and set it to Transferring files/Android Auto. I don't know how to access the files inside them all as when I connect it, it fails. Do I have to host the file somewhere and access it through the web as the only option?

    submitted by /u/ultimate-coordinator
    [link] [comments]

    Secured Folder Recovery without Backup

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:47 PM PST

    Hey everyone, i have a problem with my folder. I had deleted a few files and photos from my secured folder and I am wondering if I can get those back. Sadly i have tried the trash bin and it was gone. I've also used diskdigger and apps similar to it but with no luck. I know that it is by knox and all but i am curious if i root my phone can i restore my files back? Or if there are any other way please tell me. Thank you. My phone is a note 8.

    submitted by /u/Key_w
    [link] [comments]

    Micro scratches on lcds

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    I have had the Samsung Galaxy S10 for about 3 months, and I have 1-2 small sctratches on the screen. You can't really seem them unless you look at the phone from the side. what have you guys done to get rid of the micro scratches that devleop when you're using your phone all the time? Did you use the toothpaste method? Baking soda?

    submitted by /u/Intrepid-Care
    [link] [comments]

    Disable vibration for one app

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:49 PM PST

    So here is the thing.. I have installed this one app that basically vibrated when I press every button (its really annoying, yes). But in this app, there is no option to turn this off. Is there a way to do it in Android settings?

    submitted by /u/mtj510
    [link] [comments]

    Update glitches?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:38 PM PST

    My phone (galaxy note 20) auto updated last night (January 6th) and now today, it's become barely usable unless I restart it every hour or so. I will open apps and they just start twitching, I can't scroll through them, then if I go home and back into the app, It shows where I would have scrolled to, but still won't scroll.

    Did android/samsung just brick my $1200 dollar phone? Does anyone know when a patch will come through?

    submitted by /u/AnalFistingGuru
    [link] [comments]

    Resetting google play services fucked up my phone

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:16 PM PST

    The other day I reset my google play services & now I don't receive any notifications, my bank app nor some other apps will log in at all (yet don't mention any issues with google play services i.e snapchat still works fine & that relies on gps)

    If anyone has any help please it'd be greatly appreciated!! I just want my phone to work like normal again :(

    Edit: I forgot to mention, I downloaded a push notification tester app & it failed on the register for push notifications section, but I couldn't find any information on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/myeyehurtsrn
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Mate 20 Pro stops working due to water exposure but starts working again a few days after

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:40 AM PST

    Apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post such a thing, as I am not sure where to post it. So my phone screen stops working but I am not sure as far what is the damage within, as I can still hear the earpiece, probably due to pressing the power button to trigger SOS but the screen was unresponsive as far as I can tell. After that, I just left it and came back to it a few days later, battery at 3% and screen working fine, no water in selfie lens (was foggy before due to liquid I'm guessing). What should I do? Continue to use it as long as it works or get it checked?

    Tl;dr : Phone screen spoils and unresponsive but works seemingly without problem days after. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/x1011000x
    [link] [comments]

    When I turn on show hidden files on the files app, I find so much random junk. Where does this come from & is it okay to delete it because apparently those files are "used to run Android and apps"?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:24 PM PST

    What does IMEI SV mean

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    I just recently got a new galaxy s10 and want to know if its new or used. My IMEI SV is 22 does this mean it was reset 22 times. Any clue if its new by the number.

    submitted by /u/SurlierTexas97
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! LG G6 battery problem

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:15 AM PST

    For the last couple of months or so my battery life on this phone was horrible, I had to charge it 2 or 3 times a day. I did everything I can to save more battery like removing bloatware, keeping the phone on low brightness, stop more apps from running in the background etc. but nothing helped. I finally decided to change my battery because I thought it was bad(I've been using it for three years) and surprise surprise that did not helped either. But I've noticed something strange prior and after the battery removal. As you can see the screen is using more around 140 % which I think is crazy. Does anyone know what it could be, or did anyone had similar issues. Thanks!

    https://imgur.com/a/Po9vgc8

    submitted by /u/kopex98
    [link] [comments]

    Security

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    So new tablet, Android 8.1

    I need to have a screen lock (PIN or Pattern) (for Google classrooms.... The whole reason for buying new tablet (joys of current homeschool) However, in security options I only have two options......

    None. &. Swipe.

    How the flipping 'eck do I get the more secure options? M

    submitted by /u/Eggs_n
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove in text correction but keep keyboard word suggestion/correction

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:48 PM PST

    Heres a picture to explain better: https://imgur.com/a/4lZEHLd

    I want to not have what the blue arrow is pointing at but keep what the green is pointing at.

    The green arrow one usually has better suggestions but i need to double tap and sometimes it leaves because the blue one is interfering.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/behappyftw
    [link] [comments]

    Phone not charging

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:43 PM PST

    I've got a samsung galaxy and tried charging today but it's not charging at all. The screen shows the charger symbol but without the number or green outer circle. Its just a circle with lightning bolt but stuck (hope that makes some sense and draws up a picture of what im trying to talk about...)

    Any clue how to solve this? Tried looking up online and they said holding the volume button + power button should work but I've tried almost all options besides factory reset with the same outcome. My phone was completely fine just before this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thx.

    submitted by /u/throwaway_misc_
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with Panda Gamepad app. My tab its not how it's used to be.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:25 PM PST

    Hi everyone, I just bought a new galaxy tab s7 plus and the first thing I tried to do was play genshin impact with controller. I just brought the panda app and then I follow all the instructions and its works. But after that, I realized that was too much risk for a not too nice gamplay experience. So I just deleted the app and reset my tablet. But its looks like the thing what I do before the reset it's still there. Why do I say this. Well. Previous the reset, I download and play cod mobile with controller. And its works perfectly, but now it's looks like the panda app keeps running in the background.

    I was and impulsive idiot. And now I don't know what more do to made my tab woks just like before all this mess. Without creepy programs on it.

    What should I do?

    I can't find a English tutorial to show you what do I do. But basically all the video do the same.

    https://youtu.be/1kHG0hYjYtk

    submitted by /u/BrightnessDay
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel