• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, January 14, 2021

    After update cannot connect to a certain wifi. Android Help

    After update cannot connect to a certain wifi. Android Help


    After update cannot connect to a certain wifi.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    My wifi at work is what I'm trying to connect to. My work's IT support hasn't been able to help. Android update happened and I was still able to connect. Then my password changed so I had to forget and re-add the connection.

    I used to be able to select "do not validate" and just put in my username and password. Now, no matter what combination of options I select, it asks me for a domain name.

    My IT support at work keeps telling me to use the domain for our work email and that is not working either. Help please and thank you!

    Screenshot.

    submitted by /u/MommyNeedsaVodka
    [link] [comments]

    Call barring on Android 10?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 04:38 PM PST

    Hello! I have a Galaxy S9, purchased with T-Mobile but has been unlocked. It's currently running Android 10.

    Under the call settings under "Supplementary services" call barring is not an option given. Everything I have found online showing call barring are apparently on Android 9 or lower.

    Is call barring not possible on Android 10, or is it something to do with T-Mobile, Samsung, being in the U.S., etc.?

    Not too tech savvy, so if I missed some important info let me know.

    submitted by /u/5GuysThunderThighs
    [link] [comments]

    Phone randomly restarting every few minutes/seconds

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 10:25 PM PST

    My 4 y/o 109$ Lenovo K8 Plus has randomly started doing this.

    It's low on storage and I often delete cache, photos, reboot my phone etc.

    Today, after I restarted my phone, this started happening, out of the blue.

    I have only a few non-Play Store apps. Trusted ones, I believe, like— YT Vanced, an Ad-free Spotify from APKMirror, Power Shade, etc. none of which I have downloaded recently. And yet, when I tried booting it in Safe Mode, it didn't reboot (at least for the 10-15 min I had it on Safe Mode).

    I also tried powering it off for some time and then turning it on, but to no avail— it still restarts after a few minutes.

    I do not have the WhatsApp backed up to Drive, RN, and so can't do a factory reset nor Backup as it restarts just after like 15% of the backup has been done.

    Any suggestion?

    submitted by /u/AlbertoRetardo
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi calls in background for hours, with never activated wifi calls, what does this mean?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Hi,

    I noticed that the first time in August. My problem is that my Android smartphone (Samsung A6) gets wifi calls in background for hours at night. The mysterious thing about that is that I never activated wifi calls, I actually have them deactivated since beginning. Also, why should someone call me at night for over 4 hours straight? That's what the battery information says, no information about that anywhere else. I barely even phone others without wifi, and never did with. So I don't understand that.

    Just to clarify it: I'm getting wifi call background activity from time to time and when they appear, they are 3 to 5 hours long. I can only see that in the battery information, but with 0% active activity (foreground).

    I'm really worried that this could be something unnormal because I searched it up in the internet very often and never find something about it. What's the problem here or is this just normal stuff?

    Best regards

    Info: Running Android 10 on Samsung A6

    submitted by /u/Bastbra
    [link] [comments]

    Cant access screenshot options on Android 10

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 09:19 PM PST

    My phone automatically updated from Android 9 to android 10 and with it came a new option to take a screenshot from my navigation bar. When I press the button it takes the shot and shows a small preview of my screenshot along with various sharing and editing buttons, but they disappear after a split-second. How do I keep the preview up long enough to click on a button? Ive tried tapping and long pressing on both navigation bar icon and task menu icon. Any help would be appreciated.

    LG K50 if it makes a difference

    submitted by /u/Kiligboi
    [link] [comments]

    Since the version 11 update my phone keeps asking me to turn on a feature I do not want turned on.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:17 AM PST

    How do I get the system software to stop asking me to turn on Find My Mobil?

    I have never used the feature, but since the latest update I get daily, someone multiple times a day, notifications to turn it on.

    submitted by /u/darklightsun
    [link] [comments]

    2 versions of the same app in Apps list

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:07 PM PST

    I was trying to shut off a Samsung app I dont use and I noticed I have 2 Time Zone Updater apps.

    Phone is a Note 8, everything else is up to date but both of those versions are older, 1.0.00.3 and 1.0.04.0.

    I am able to uninstall both, but dont know what it would do.

    Edit, I also have a system app of the same name that I cannot uninstall and is listed as version 1 and all zeroes

    submitted by /u/timthomas299
    [link] [comments]

    Any sites out there that list end of phone software/security support dates out there?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:50 AM PST

    How do you apply a filter/effect (internally) to the camera?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 12:57 PM PST

    How do you apply an effect or filter (internally) to the camera so that when other apps accesses the camera the effect/filter would still apply? For example, if I wanted to enter a zoom meeting but wanted my face blurred or have a negative filter or infrared effect, how would I go about doing that? Are there apps that can apply an effect/filter to the camera (internally) so that the camera shows the effect/filter instead?

    submitted by /u/PioPio_12
    [link] [comments]

    Notification sounds not playing when playing music through headphones

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:25 PM PST

    Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, running xiaomi.eu 12.0.2. Unrooted, no extra tweaks or anything installed. Dirty reflashed the ROM but that didn't fix it either.

    Facebook Messenger chat notifications don't play the chime when listening to music through headphones via Spotify.

    I have dug around every settings menu I could find, both in-app and in system, tweaking notification priority, sound+vibration mode settings, and all sorts of stuff, to no avail.

    The only thing I can think of is that it's because I'm using headphones with a built-in microphone? But that doesn't make any sense.

    I'm at my wit's end, any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ext23
    [link] [comments]

    Does Factory Reset Ever Fail?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:24 PM PST

    Are there ever any situations where a factory reset doesn't actually reset your phone, and if so, how can you tell?

    submitted by /u/throwaway4123123132
    [link] [comments]

    Call While Factory Resetting?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    Does anyone know what happens to a call if someone tries to call you while your phone is resetting? Also, does it affect your factory reset at all?

    submitted by /u/throwaway124124123
    [link] [comments]

    Vivo V15 screen edge

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    vivo v15 screen edges are way too sensitive. whenever i play my games, my palm would touch the screen edges and it'll mess my game. is there any solution to this?

    submitted by /u/thenarrator_01
    [link] [comments]

    I have a S20 and I'm having issues with notifications and the navigation bar since updating

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    When receiving most notifications, notably facebook messenger, the notifications will remain even after opening the app and viewing the message and I'll have to manually dismiss it. I have notifications bubbles enabled for messenger, and if I open up the message from the bubble this issue doesn't happen.

    Also, some apps like reddit and pokemon go extend all the way down to the bottom of the screen and overlap with the navigation bar, which is quite frustrating as the buttons on the bar then get in the way of things in the app.

    My phone is a few weeks old, and I didn't have any of these issues when I first got it. I've had a good look in the settings but can't seem to find the right things to change, so any help is appreciated

    submitted by /u/cosmicucumber
    [link] [comments]

    Best place to buy a case and screen protector for a Galaxy S20 in Australia?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:22 PM PST

    Looking to buy a case and a screen protector online, does anyone know any good online stores that are cheap and reliable? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/yaboytgolds
    [link] [comments]

    Somewhere else to discuss android other than xda?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Xda has a lot of device fragmentation problems. I don't want to post in a device forum to a smaller audience about a android wide subject.

    Places like GSM forums have some expertise in hardware but most places have a dearth of users who have no clue.

    Perhaps there's somewhere with a price to get in and thus prevents lots of fluff?

    submitted by /u/After-Cell
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting random calls from my city or near.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:37 AM PST

    please let me know if this question fits a better sub. So today, i received 5 calls from 5 different numbers all in different cities around me, i declined all the calls since i didn't know who they were. When i received the 5th call, i decided to call back because i was curious, when the person picked up, he said he never called me. What does that even mean? I'm getting multiple random calls from people who didn't even call me?

    submitted by /u/DeIaminate
    [link] [comments]

    Note 10 Quick Charging Inconsistently- is it the charger, phone, cable?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:31 AM PST

    Hi all,

    Sometimes I'll go a full week where I plug my phone in and it charges fast charge no problem every time. Other times it feels like I have to unplug the charger and cable two or three times before I'll get the phone to actually fast charge (and not get the 'to charge faster use the cable and charger included with the device' warning).

    Is this an issue with the phone? Charger? Cable? Something to do with the extension cord the charger is on? These are all random chargers and cables I have as it is a hand-me-down phone.

    I bought some new fast charge 3.0 chargers (but still 18w I believe) and was upset to find the same issue (my phone also got what felt like way hotter with this new charger- but never got quite hot enough that I felt I had to unplug it).

    These were the newer ones from Amazon and I know they are cheap, I got roped in by the Qualcomm brand which they aren't actually Qualcomm lol.

    Thanks, I did a quick Google but most things I found were tied to the quick charge setting on the phone or related to wireless charging.

    Edit: Oops, it's a Note 8

    submitted by /u/yebat_kopat
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of uninstalled apps that still show in the device's search page?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 02:36 PM PST

    Revvl 5G "Locked" to MetroPCS Questions

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    To make a VERY long story short, I bought a used Revvl 5G on OfferUp advertised as being locked to T-Mobile (my carrier), however it seems to be locked to MetroPCS. After a lot of discussion with Metro, it became fairly clear that the phone likely at some point "disappeared" from a warehouse or store, as it was never activated and is somehow unable to be unlocked under any circumstances. However, I was assured the IMEI was never blacklisted or reported as stolen. Nobody at the metro store or at customer service let me return the phone to them, and the local police told me the phone was never reported as stolen and there's nothing they can do either, they wouldnt even take it from me as a found item for someone to claim. Multiple brick-and-mortar unlocking shops have told me they can't do it as they don't have the equipment for this device's situation, and T-Mobile has only told me to contact Metro (who tells me to contact T-mobile...), so I'm at a bit of a loss. There are some websites that claim to be able to do it for $60+, however I'd rather not spend that much money unless its absolutely necessary and definitely not a scam.

    My question, I guess, is; does anybody have any idea if theres a way to unlock from here? Are there any websites that people here have used successfully, or websites I should avoid? Could a root possibly help at all?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/baxiel
    [link] [comments]

    Gesture navigation on third-party launchers

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:47 PM PST

    So gesture navigation does work on Android 11 on third party launchers but it's really a buggy and doesn't work very well, does anyone know if Google will fix this in the future. I'm using gestures on lawn chair too and they work but they're really bad. Or does anyone use gestures on navigation? how do they work for you?

    submitted by /u/Opposite_Guarantee_9
    [link] [comments]

    Will a custom ROM or recovery void my Asurion warranty?

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:45 PM PST

    Hello! I'm thinking about putting a custom ROM and recovery on my phone, but will that void my Asurion warranty?

    Thanks!

    Phone model number: SM-G970U Galaxy s10e

    submitted by /u/BlockArchitech
    [link] [comments]

    No cell service even after factory reset.

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Was wondering if there is any way to tell if the hardware is damaged on my cell phone making it impossible to get signal. I have reset, manually set the apn, switched the simcard to another phone and the simcard works. Not sure where to go other then buying a new phone. I can still make calls via wifi calling but anything cellular does not work http://imgur.com/a/Qc8W0Aq

    My *#0011# screen above

    Please send help

    submitted by /u/Boarders7521
    [link] [comments]

    What on Earth does this yellow thing sliding along the camera button mean. It only does it sometimes and creates huge lag

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 05:42 PM PST

    [BATTERY] State of health

    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 11:11 AM PST

    Is there a real, good method, to check the SOH of our devices?

    submitted by /u/Cele17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel