• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Monday, November 30, 2020

    Biggest available Android phone in 2020 Android Help

    Biggest available Android phone in 2020 Android Help


    Biggest available Android phone in 2020

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:09 PM PST

    Hello everyone!

    I am looking for the biggest Android phone available on the market in 2020. I used to have a Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm), and I miss it's size. The Mi Max series is discontinued. What is the biggest available Android phone now? I'd prefer Xiaomi.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/kpeter1993
    [link] [comments]

    Do purchased icon packs not have multi-device support?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:17 PM PST

    I was surprised to find out that I was being asked to purchase an icon pack for installation on my other phone when I had already purchased it for my main phone. I use the same Google account on both phones. Is this how it works? An icon pack can be purchased only for the device it was purchased on? Then if I lose my phone, will I have to buy all the icon packs and games I have for my new phone again?

    Edit - Solved. Okay, the problem was with Google taking some time to sync account information between devices. I was able to download and install the icon packs I had purchased without having to buy them again after some time. Really had me alarmed for a while.

    submitted by /u/pat-pat-says-the-cat
    [link] [comments]

    How much did changing your phone number affect your life?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:53 PM PST

    I'm curious, as I'm currently stuck with AT&T's prepaid service. I attempted to switch over to Google Fi, but found out that I can't transfer my number from prepaid to anywhere apparently. I have a nice number that was easy to memorize, but I don't really want to force myself into this phone plan just to keep it. I'm wondering how much will life be affected by a phone number change?

    submitted by /u/Elarionus
    [link] [comments]

    Android 11 popped up this alert. What is it trying to alert me of exactly?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 06:26 AM PST

    Android 11 popped up this alertthis alert. What is it trying to alert me of exactly? Locus Telecom (aka H2O Wireless) is my MVNO. What is it trying to alert me of exactly?

    Device information

    Device: bramble Model: Google Pixel 4a (5G) Android: 11 
    submitted by /u/fongaboo
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to run linux apps on android?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:02 PM PST

    The device I want to do this on is rooted.

    anyways is there a way to run linux apps on andoird? like firefox (i want the desktop version)

    submitted by /u/nool_
    [link] [comments]

    Good Lock on Galaxy M series

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:49 AM PST

    Is there any way to get Good Lock working on M series devices?

    I'm using a Galaxy M21.

    submitted by /u/sid_raj7
    [link] [comments]

    Is Motorola Moto X Play worth using in 2020? Or should I just get a Samsung Galaxy A10E, Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, and Moto G7 Play? And is it possible to get them activated by AT&T, especially in 2020?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:38 PM PST

    I thought about getting a Moto X Play, Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact, Moto G7 Play and a Samsung Galaxy A10E in case something bad happened to my current iPhone 7. But I'm conflicted between them so any pros and cons of these phones in 2020? Like I said In case my iPhone is broken, stolen, stop being supported, or went away, I want a Android phone that is still works properly in 2020 and works fine with AT&T.

    I'm in the USA if that helps.

    submitted by /u/RayKVega
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Constant Non-Default Notification Sound

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 08:25 PM PST

    When I so some actions, like pause Spotify or ask my echo auto something, I get this doorbell sound. I can't find it under sounds. I even reformatted and it's still there. What do?

    submitted by /u/HammerAndFudgsicle
    [link] [comments]

    I know I shouldn't be able to do this, but I've inadvertently uninstalled the native email app. Is there any way I can reinstall it without going back to factory settings?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:59 PM PST

    My phone is the LG Stylo 4. I use a gmail app and so didn't notice anything affected by the app removal until I realized I was no longer getting blink, status bar, or lock screen notifications for email. I have gone through every recommended way of looking for the app (including in the expanded app list that lists every last thing in the phone. I saw the mail app in the app trash when I removed it, but that was two days ago and now it's gone. I checked the FAQs here and did a search for similar questions in the sub, but didn't see my exact issue (except for a couple instances in web searches). Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

    submitted by /u/glamouramore
    [link] [comments]

    Galaxy S9+ has detected moisture in charging port for the past 3 days

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:44 PM PST

    My Galaxy S9+ says it has moisture in the USB port. I've had this problem for 3 days straight and can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it I've tried everything. Blowing air into the port, letting it sit to dry, holding power and lower volume when starting up the phone. Nothing is working, help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/KingGhigorosaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Moto Stylus - might be a silly question but can the stylus scratch the screen ?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 01:37 PM PST

    the tip of the stylus feels kinda like a brillo or sand paper i am surprised how rough and scratchy it feels, can it scratch up the screen

    submitted by /u/caaaastanza
    [link] [comments]

    Fast charging not working-Tmobile Samsung Galaxy A71 5g

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:33 PM PST

    My phone (A71 5g t-mobile), has decided it doesn't want to fast charge. This was working yesterday until it decided to quit last night, to my surprise when I woke up. Ive been using the original charger and adapter since I bought this. I need to emphasize it does charge!! Just not fast charge.

    What ive learned: •This charger+brick fast charges with a google pixel

    •The charger doesn't work on one side on my phone completely, but will charge on the other. The side that does work is the one with the im going to call it "crack" on it

    •It will charge with other chargers, no matter their rotation.

    I dont have another usb-c to usb-c charger to test this with thats from Samsung unfortunately. Im considering getting another charger that's the same as the box one, want to get second options before spending a ton on it though. Ive restarted my phone multiple times and turned the fast charging on and off as well. I really just want some leads to what may be off. I'm going to try cleaning the port in the morning.

    submitted by /u/SwirlingGalaxies
    [link] [comments]

    Need help on which transfer app to use for Honor 8X [old] to Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC [new]

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:29 PM PST

    Finally upgrading my phone after 2 years. In this transition, I would like to migrate my messages, calendar, call history andcontacts. So far I have no luck in trying the ff:

    • Phone Clone by Huawei - in my new phone, the only option I have is "this is the old phone"
    • ShareMi - in my old device, the option MiMover Doesn't appear
    • Samsung smart switch - doesn't connect even after many phone restart
    • CloneIt - same as Samsung smart switch

    Can anyone here help

    submitted by /u/pudywardy
    [link] [comments]

    Does DC Dimming help with flicker eye strain? OLED screens trigger my seizures.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 07:23 PM PST

    Hi guys, I didn't even know what pwm was before I got my samsung s9 two weeks ago. Hell, I didn't even know the s9 had an OLED screen. But after looking at it made my eyes hurt, then gave me a headache, and then triggered two seizures in a row (when I haven't had one in three years, and never in my life two even in the same month let alone same day)... I realized it was the phone, and went looking.

    My options for phone are basically:

    OnePlus 7 Pro - which has an amoled screen, but apparently has DC dimming which should help with the eye strain and hopefully not cause me bigger problems.

    Motorola one 5g - an okay phone, biggest selling point is the LCD screen for the aforementioned reasons.

    I want the OnePlus 7 Pro more, but if DC dimming doesn't actually help anybody I'm not gonna risk it and just get the motorola. (I'm in the USA and have Verizon, is why it's the best option for me right now.)

    Thank you for your thoughts, in advance :D

    submitted by /u/capnshanty
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a new number and I'm having problems

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:47 PM PST

    I just got a new number on the same phone, and now whenever I'm added to a group chat it makes two of me, so whenever I send a message it sends twice. Also, it's not loading or sending images and I don't know why. If the images do send, it takes forever. My plan is unlimited and my signal is fine so it can't be that. But does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

    submitted by /u/1r_e_e1
    [link] [comments]

    Tiktok dark mode?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:58 PM PST

    I was on tiktok and accidentally clicked stuff and for a second saw something said themes but I exited out without thinking and now I can't get back to it. I'm assuming it'll have a dark mode there. I accidentally clicked some stuff in a comment section while walking so no idea how to get it back up. I've been messing with it for 10 minutes.

    submitted by /u/Destany89
    [link] [comments]

    My Sony Xperia Z5 Compact is a potato and I think I need a custom rom

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 02:12 PM PST

    I have an old Sony Xperia Z5 Compact and it runs like a potato, I don't have any money to get a new one or even replace this one. I would really like it to go faster and be up to date. I really like to modify my homescreen and have the phone work my way instead of how the maker want it to work.

    So I think I need a custom rom but I'm a total noob when it comes to smartphones.. I have had one for like 2 years before that I had a dumb phone. I'm also dyslexic and I did try to read your FAQ but my god did I get overwhelmed. So I would like some help please.

    I want something lightweight but that also looks good, it also has to be stable as a rock since I don't know how to fix aaaaaaany thing.

    I also want someone to help me install it because again I'm lost when it comes to smartphones.

    So please help I'm going crazy here!

    submitted by /u/bithead-dreamqueen
    [link] [comments]

    How Long can I expect to use a android device?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:40 AM PST

    I Know that I can't expect OS and security updates for longer than 3 years. What I want to know is how many years most apps will still be able to run on a phone I buy today with android 11.

    More specifically, can android versions that are 6 years old (Lollipop) still run most apps?

    submitted by /u/Bestarian
    [link] [comments]

    Who's your favourite Gcam modder?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:30 PM PST

    In researching the best gcam version for my Poco X3, the consensus seems to be that Amova, BSG, and Urnyx are the three most popular, with the latter two focusing heavily on Xiaomi phones. Nick Gray from Phandroid used Urnyx's version for his tests.

    Though it doesn't seem like you can really go wrong with any of the three, I'm curious to know who users in this sub prefer the most.

    (Side question: What's your favourite gcam version?)

    submitted by /u/kkfl
    [link] [comments]

    Rooted Pixel 4a that's randomly shutting down multiple times per day - what logs can I access?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 11:27 AM PST

    For the past couple weeks my phone has randomly been shutting off. I've uninstalled the only new apps I have in that period, installed the latest monthly update, and have witnessed the issue in safe mode as well.

    Odds are I'm looking at a factory reset or a hardware issue, but before I go down that route I'm curious if there is any way to access logs to see what was going on during the time of shut down? I know there are apps to view logcat, but that doesn't seem to be historical, only live. I could attempt to have it plugged in all day and watch stuff via adb, I suppose, but that's fairly inconvenient.

    submitted by /u/Dunlocke
    [link] [comments]

    Change Update Repository?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 05:15 PM PST

    I have an old, unlocked samsung phone that hasn't received a security update since 2019 when I did a manual firmware update direct from samsung. I refuse to connect it to the internet because I know it will be immediately compromised. It's a real pain to manually update the firmware.

    In linux, you can add, change and remove software repositories. Is it possible to do something similar to get the most recent updates directly from samsung? I'm no longer with the original carrier (AT&T), so I'm not getting the automatic firmware updates any longer.

    submitted by /u/TikkasHuman
    [link] [comments]

    Installing apps on a gabb phone Z2?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:47 PM PST

    Obviously, yes, the gabb phone is meant for little kids and such for their first phone. However, it definitely is running android, and probably could be tampered with. If you're wondering what I really need, I mostly talk to people using discord.

    Here's what I've tried so far. There is no way (from the file manager) to install .apk files. I have also tried to head over to the bootloader, by holding down the power button and volume down button. I'm fine with no social media, but there is wifi on it, so I was assuming if I could find a way to just get an apk on there, then it would work fine. I can't enable developer settings or anything like that. Looks like they've done a good job locking it down.

    If anyone has ANY idea at all of how to install apps of any kind on this, please reply.

    submitted by /u/13617
    [link] [comments]

    I recently downloaded facebook and I now want to delete it but I can only disable it. Is there a way to delete it?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 04:45 PM PST

    How to force one keyboard for all keyboards? Galaxy s8

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Im wondering how do I use one default keyboard for all entries of a keyboard. For instance how do I remove the special keyboard for typing urls, why does it switch keyboards to the annoying squished board with the .com button. Extremely annoying to type on.

    submitted by /u/What_IP_Ban
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot PIN code, can't unlock phone

    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 03:31 PM PST

    Hello..

    I searched the whole web if there is any possibility, if i can unlock an android with USB-debugging on (without loosing data), but I ended up on reddit asking this. Nothing people suggest on Tech Websites worked, they just copy paste articles and make good Google SEO but their articles in mass don't help anything..

    Please, anybody, is there an option to unlock a PIN secured android without loosing the data on it?

    submitted by /u/sirsifanalale
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel