• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, February 9, 2020

    Xiaomi Gave my mom my Mi 9T, her phone automatically updated to MIUI 11 android 10, she absolutely hates it.

    Xiaomi Gave my mom my Mi 9T, her phone automatically updated to MIUI 11 android 10, she absolutely hates it.


    Gave my mom my Mi 9T, her phone automatically updated to MIUI 11 android 10, she absolutely hates it.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:44 AM PST

    Hi everyone, so i did a review back in September with the 9T, I loved it, perfect device. Since then i gave it to my mom and she likes it just as much as i did.

    She called me today on my dads phone (Mi A3) and told me that her phone was practically unusable, i came over and the phone was glitching out on basically everything i did, sound wasnt even working even when everything was on max volume , notifications dont come through and battery life is a pain in the ass.

    She said it was gonna automatically update to Android 10, she thought it was going to be good. Absolutely not. So, i had to backup data, unlock the bootloader, reflash it with miui 11 android 9, and hope for the best.

    So if you get an update notification about Miui 11 android 10, DO NOT update to it. Caused me to have major problems. You might have to repeat same process i did, but if you didnt have issues when you updated, good for you. But now the phone seems to be perfectly fine now, everything is working as it should.

    TL;DR my mom updated to MIUI 11 Android 10 and it caused major problems and had to reflash the entire system. Works fine now.

    Here's the original review of my 9T in September.

    edit : so you guys really wanted me to factory reset as first thing. When i unlocked bootloader, i set it up without putting google account in and it seemed to run a little smoother, there were still lags but my mom wanted it to just work so I put the MIUI 11 android 9 version back on there because it worked just fine for her. hope this clears some confusion

    submitted by /u/KarenChungus1
    [link] [comments]

    I still have old version of calculator

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:39 PM PST

    I am using miui eu 11.0.5, upgraded from miui 11.0.2! In 11.0.2 i got update that turned the calculator app to mi calculator but after upgrading to 11.0.5 i went back to previous version of calculator! Its not in google play store

    submitted by /u/Baysara
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having network issues

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:42 PM PST

    I'm using the note 8 pro but I'm having network issues my internet is fine and working but apps like Facebook and Instagram send are lagging and messages don't get sent I did factory reset my phone but still the same problem

    submitted by /u/koloyamido
    [link] [comments]

    (help to unbloa phone needed) adb.exe closes itself immediatly after opening

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:29 PM PST

    I found this very useful link from this subreddit:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/debloat

    and downloaded the exe from github but everytime I try to open the adb.exe it just closes itself immediatly. I just installed the newest java version but that didnt help.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RollLikeRick
    [link] [comments]

    A friend is asking me about the RN8pro, what do I tell him?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:45 AM PST

    I mean the specs are really nice, scores even higher than a Pixel 3, can emulate PS2 just fine........but it has mediatek, nobody that had those chips had a good experience.

    Price is really good but afaik those who got mtk redmis in the past got stuck with almost no updates and zero community support, is this phone any different? or just more of the same? I checked XDA and there also seems to be a lot of complaints regarding software.

    submitted by /u/tylercoder
    [link] [comments]

    Best ROM for MI9

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    Hello there,

    I was wondering which custom ROM is the better.

    -Which custom is the most fonctional & secure ROM ?

    Lineage still seems to be great but unoffical for the moment.

    So which Custom ROM are you using or advising ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Ethnical_Info
    [link] [comments]

    r/Xiaomi Bi-Weekly Photography Thread

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Welcome to r/Xiaomi's Bi-Weekly Photography Thread!

    Please use this thread to share photos and videos taken with Xiaomi devices and discuss photography, including camera hardware and software (such as GCam ports). Photos and videos don't have to come from a Xiaomi phone, you can post anything taken with a Mi Ecosystem product, let it be a smartphone, drone or action camera. However, if you post something taken with a Xiaomi phone, please share your phone model, ROM, camera app and camera settings as well. In case of a GCam port, please also detail the app version.

    Media about Xiaomi products, like unboxing photos or video reviews, don't fall into the category of photography and should be submitted individually, outside of this thread.

    On Reddit Redesign, you can directly embed media in a comment but if you wouldn't like to rely on Reddit, you can use any other website, such as Imgur, Flickr or YouTube, just make sure to post a direct link to your content.

    The bi-weekly thread will be unstickied and replaced by a new thread every second Monday at midnight (UTC).

    Thanks for reading and happy sharing!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Mi 8 Lite ROMs

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:52 PM PST

    Gidday

    I have one of these and am determined to keep it for another year at least (I aint rich and it's still a good phone) and am after information on any good ROMs that are available...on XDA there hasn't been anything new posted there for some time...cheers...

    submitted by /u/cbrokey
    [link] [comments]

    Google Home & Roborock S4

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:37 PM PST

    I can't seem to get this to pair to my Google home.. or it says it's paired but won't display on Google home.. anyone know how to fix this

    submitted by /u/Nutritiouss
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro - INSANE OFFICIAL SPECS.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:42 AM PST

    Xiaomi Gallery doesn't show all pictures (9T pro)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:49 PM PST

    The pre-installed gallery for Xiaomi seems to not show all existing photos. If I go to albums, then it shows all albums with all other photos but the gallery photos only shows pictures that I captured using camera.

    I used Galaxy series before and the photo gallery shows all existing photos regarding the albums you assign the photos to

    Is there any fix to it? or I need to download other galleries app?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ValaneerBright
    [link] [comments]

    Mi Mix 3 5G or Mi 9T Pro

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Going to upgrade from a Redmi Note 4X. Was thinking about upgrading to the 9T Pro before spotting a Mi Mix 5G that is about 30 dollars cheaper from where I'm from. I don't care much about the 5G availability as it's still in infancy state in my country. Which is the better option between these two?

    submitted by /u/SevilleD7
    [link] [comments]

    When does a2 /a2 lite receive android 10?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 10:57 AM PST

    Heard Xiaomi ditched Android one midway.

    submitted by /u/artemis_irelia
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Xiaomi alarm clock available in Europe ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 12:03 PM PST

    I'm thinking about buying an alarm clock, and I thought that the Xiaomi one looks cool. But I have some questions. It is available in Europe (CH) ? Or at least, does it work in English ? Or only in chinese ?

    Thank you for your support :)

    submitted by /u/Dami01_
    [link] [comments]

    I started getting eye strain from using my Mi 9T

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 08:52 AM PST

    I saw this video that there is pwm flickering even at 100% brightness: https://youtu.be/yFmus5DH01Q

    Does anyone know if custom ROMs can fix this or if I have to sell my phone? :(

    I just went back to my redmi note 5 which has an LCD and there is no eye strain at all so it's definitely the amoled screen flickering that my eyes can't handle...

    submitted by /u/NekoTronic
    [link] [comments]

    Front cam motor usage count system file ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 09:38 AM PST

    What devices are expected to be launched on Feb 23rd ?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:13 PM PST

    Other than the "Mi 10" itself.

    submitted by /u/V4705
    [link] [comments]

    Redmi Note 8 Pro custom ROMs (GSI) available!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:12 PM PST

    I posted here a month ago about my Redmi Note 8 pro and how I was unhappy with Miui. Recently there has been some development on the custom ROM scene for it.

    It's a GSI (generic system image) so it's not quite as full featured as other custom ROMs for different devices but it's a big step in the right direction. I'm using the HavokOS build and so far I'm fairly impressed. I haven't tried using it as my daily driver yet but everything I've tested so far has worked great. I'll be testing the things I had issues with on Miui soon.

    I just wanted to drop the info here in case anyone else wanted to give it a try. I'm really excited to hopefully be able to use this great hardware without the limits of the Miui software holding it back.

    https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-8-pro/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-root-flash-gsi-to-t4037403

    submitted by /u/badnewsnobodies
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to do that enter safe mode of mi 9t?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:54 PM PST

    I've tried...

    Holding the power button and pressing the power option.

    Powering off the device and holding either the top or button volume button while booting.

    Neither have worked.

    submitted by /u/Big_Black_Brandon
    [link] [comments]

    Is the xiaomi 4s 43 4k hdr TV(2019) good?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Am interested in buying one. Just wanted to know if its good? Like is it durable and will last for years and is it good for gaming?

    submitted by /u/ThatcherDan
    [link] [comments]

    miui 11 bug on google map (Picture In Picture) with full screen gesture

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:08 PM PST

    Hello,

    I have the mi 9t pro with miui 11 global 11.0.3.0 (stable) (android 10)

    1 - open google maps -> select a place and start the driving -> home gesture -> no little screen overflow (Picture In Picture) -> power button to screen off -> no little screen overflow (bug) -> use notif google map to acces to the application -> black screen (bug) -> home -> same .....

    Anyone have a solution ?

    I think We should have an other mode with the 3 button at the same position but in full screen to avoid this problem.

    submitted by /u/Nanostack
    [link] [comments]

    Blurry images with mi 9 T Pro

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:28 AM PST

    Hi,

    Ich own a Mi 9 T Pro for about 3 months. I took a lot of photos mainly of my little girl. A lot of them are not as sharp as they where with my pixel 2 XL. Even in good lighting they seem not too sharp.

    I use a version of gcam and stock camera app.

    Any ideas how to solve this issue?

    Regards Bjorn

    submitted by /u/pumbadinho
    [link] [comments]

    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite - Front Camera Exposure

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:54 PM PST

    This is my first post on Reddit and also here on the Xiaomi forum, I am very happy to be here!

    Guys, there's something I don't like about the front camera of the Mi A2 Lite / Redmi 6 Pro. The exposure of the camera is very high, the skin color is very white (I'm not white), it's like my skin is exploding. The rear cameras are great, they meet my needs very well, but sometimes I get discouraged from using the front camera.

    I use Gcam, changing the exposure manually in every selfie is not feasible and comfortable, I tried to configure the Gcam and it didn't solve much, with the standard camera app from Xiaomi it's even worse.

    Note (not very important): I use MIUI 11 on my Mi A2 Lite (I really like the Xiaomi system). But the focus is really on the camera.

    I have a question, how does the AI system work? Is it an activable feature or is it already in the software?

    submitted by /u/XiaoVeltos
    [link] [comments]

    My power button broke and it stucks on the android screen

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:21 PM PST

    I can click it, but can't press it.

    I followed this video and that one, and when I follow them I get to see the AndroidOne screen, but it soon turns off again

    submitted by /u/SheikFlorian
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel