• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, February 9, 2020

    Simple Questions - February 09, 2020

    Simple Questions - February 09, 2020


    Simple Questions - February 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 04:11 AM PST

    This thread is for simple questions that don't warrant their own thread (although we strongly suggest checking the sidebar and the wiki before posting!). Please don't post involved questions that are better suited to a [Build Help], [Build Ready] or [Build Complete] post. Examples of questions:

    • Is this RAM compatible with my motherboard?
    • I'm thinking of getting a GTX 1070. Which one should I get?
    • I'm on a very tight budget and I'm looking for a case < $50

    Remember that Discord is great places to ask quick questions as well: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/wiki/livechat

    Important: Downvotes are strongly discouraged in this thread. Sorting by new is strongly encouraged.

    Have a question about the subreddit or otherwise for /r/buildapc mods? We welcome your mod mail!

    Looking for all the Simple Questions threads? Want an easy way to locate today's thread? This link is now in the sidebar below the yellow Rules section.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Is a Ryzen 7 more "future proof" than a Ryzen 5 for gaming, due to 8 Core next-gen consoles relasing this year?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:51 AM PST

    165hz vs 144hz?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:40 AM PST

    PC build ready.
    Monitor for streaming ready. (22") all i need is a main monitor.

    which one should i choose for my Rx 5600 xt. i play at 1080 l.

    1. Acer 24" XV240YP IPS 165hz 1ms

    2. AOC 27" 27G2U IPS 144hz 1ms

    (The 24" is a bit cheaper. )

    submitted by /u/Chrissmang
    [link] [comments]

    Have everything besides gpu

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:56 AM PST

    I know I'm going with the 2070 super, just don't know if I should go with the MSi gaming x trio for $549 or the Asus rog strix for $589. Which is better for those who know? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kW34YH

    submitted by /u/RoyaltyRS
    [link] [comments]

    I am officially part of PCMR

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:10 AM PST

    I'm 13 and I've been saving up for about 4 months. Today i finally got it up and running, with no problem. It was pretty hard, and at one point I thought i would break the CPU or motherboard when i was installing the stock fan. I wanted to say a massive thanks to all the mods and helpers on this sub, because without them I probably wouldn't have got this far.

    submitted by /u/Memesiguess
    [link] [comments]

    144Hz monitors - downsides?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 06:38 AM PST

    I'm planning an upgrade based around a 2060 super, and in a few months I plan to upgrade my ageing 1080p 60Hz screen.

    I've been advised that moving to 144Hz makes a huge difference not only in FPS games but just to games in generals.

    I'm in two minds whether to also make the jump to 1440p though.

    I realise that 1440p 144Hz is the sweet spot, but what happens if the GPU doesn't keep up? If I get a Freesync (dedicated Gsync is too expensive) monitor will a game at 60FPS still look good on a 144Hz screen or will there be issues?

    Forgive me if this is a daft question but I'm not familiar with anything over 60Hz!

    submitted by /u/13thHallow
    [link] [comments]

    Is my pc running too hot?!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Specs are a 2700x and 1660 super with a light oc and I have 5 case fans , while playing 7 days to die my pc is about 55 degrees Celsius on average and my pc feels warm to the touch after playing for an hour or two, is my pc too hot?

    submitted by /u/qwerty1334
    [link] [comments]

    Pc clicking noise

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:24 PM PST

    My pc has been making clicking noises the last week. I'm not sure what it's coming from but I believe it's the power supply. When I turn my pc on it struggles to even load into windows, (sometimes just sits on loading screen) and the USB's flicker on and off. I recently just got a 250gb ssd that windows has on it so I know it's not my hard drive or ssd.

    submitted by /u/Shane952
    [link] [comments]

    I got my new setup

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I have unactivated windows 10 I wanna activate it My product key says: clean install required How can i make clean Windows 10 install without losing my settings, apps, games etc.

    submitted by /u/Redditlogoisdumb
    [link] [comments]

    What are your opinions on Open Box Aerons on ebay? My current chair is seriously hurting my left leg.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:41 PM PST

    I spent $300 on a chair last year and it started hurting me ONE DAY after the return window. And I've tried dealing with it with pillows or foot props but its not working anymore.

    I'm seeing some Aerons on ebay for $450-470 open box with 10 year warranties.

    This one and this one.

    Considering that's half off retail my first reaction is to impulse buy one but firstly I don't even see a difference between the two asides color so just get the cheaper one yes? And theyve got a 30 day free return window so... it's a no brainer right?

    Am I overlooking something obvious here?

    I wish ther were brick and mortar stores I could try chairs out at.

    Yes I've gone through every chair at multiple staples which is how I got my current one.

    If there is anyone who owns a B size- I'm 6'1" with dangly arms. Most chairs pull on my shoulders because the arms are too low. Aby experience to share here?

    submitted by /u/Laxativelog
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing HDD with SSD

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:35 PM PST

    So Im going to remove my HHD from my computer, and put in a SSD instead. But I want to make sure I keep my windows License. I dont think its integrated into my computer because I had a different HDD, but it broke, so a computer store moved it from that hdd to a new one, and that is the one im using rn. But I have enough money to buy the Crucial MX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT1000MX500SSD1(Z)]. Im wanting to know how to tranfer my windows license to my new SSD. Also, will the stuff i have in my pc rn running my hdd be the same thing needed for the ssd?

    I dont care about the data on my hdd

    submitted by /u/IsKawzi
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy/build a Gaming Pc at or under $1k

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:51 PM PST

    I'm really interested in getting a PC but I don't have the slightest clue on what anything is or does. The most I've heard is to not buy a pre-built PC as a build one is cheaper and you can add better specs.

    If you could send links to sites and videos that would be extremely helpful. Thanks <3

    submitted by /u/Ben10goodsucc
    [link] [comments]

    980Ti Replacement?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:38 PM PST

    So I believe my 980Tis are dying and need to replace them and was wondering for what card I should get. The main issue is I have a 4930k and am already running into some CPU bottle-necking (Modded Skyrim in this case, am currently investigating the cause). Also my main monitor is a 3440 x 1440 100Hz ultra-wide but I am trying to at least get playable (30 FPS) on it ideally 60 FPS.

    Short Question: What GPU to get thats not to held back by a 4930k to replace a 980Ti?

    submitted by /u/Saint_The_Stig
    [link] [comments]

    How should I upgrade my i7 2600 setup?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:10 PM PST

    Hello guys! I have had my pc for quite some time now and was thinking of maybe upgrading it.

    Right now I'm rocking

    • Intel i7 2600
    • 12 GB of DDR3 RAM
    • Nvidia GTX 980
    • Seasonic 620 Watt PSU
    • 500gb Samsung SSD + a few HDD's
    • Some other stuff

    I would like to upgrade my system by buying a new motherboard, CPU and RAM, I think I would buy an AMD-powered system, something along the lines of the ryzen 3600.

    I'm actually quite happy with my current setup, however it is just showing its age sometimes, getting to 80/90 % RAM usage and high CPU usage.

    My question is, would I get a significant enough boost in performance by upgrading? The i7 in my build is actually a very good CPU, just a little bit old. I'm not really sure if it would be worth it only going for the ryzen 3600, but don't have the budget right now to go for anything a lot more expensive. Do you guys have any advice?

    Thanks in advance for any answers!

    Edit: I use my PC for gaming but have been doing it less and less. Primarily just want a fast PC, and I do use some CAD software (SolidWorks) from time to time. (not enough to buy a Quadro however so it will use my CPU for rendering)

    submitted by /u/MrTomatosoup
    [link] [comments]

    Should I enable the CPU overvoltage jumper? (ASUS Z390-E)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:05 PM PST

    I want to turn on AI overclocking for my i7-9700k and I am pretty sure I need to swap the "over voltage jumper" to "on". I just want to double check that I am right, I could not find anything stating that the overvoltage jumper is need to be able to overclock. What the Manual states about the Jumper

    submitted by /u/DiamondNinja4
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on this build?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:28 PM PST

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2gPYmg Im helping out my brother with a $750 budget for a whole setup, any changes you kind people suggest?

    submitted by /u/Swendingo16
    [link] [comments]

    Tribesigns Desk?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Need a new desk for 2 27" monitors and I found the Tribesigns L-Shaped desk with hutch on Amazon. I know it's not going to be the best quality coming from Amazon but I want something affordable ($200-$300) for now. Does anyone have experience with the brand or input on other brands for my budget? I really like the idea of having a desk with a couple built in shelves even if they are small.

    submitted by /u/OnCloudWine24
    [link] [comments]

    RAM not meeting spec speeds

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:59 PM PST

    I'm having an issue getting my RAM to meet the set speed. It's supposed to be 3600 16-19-19-19-39 1.35v. I input those values directly into my BIOS but then I will quickly get Blue screen errors related to memory when running.

    Other specs MSI B450 Tomahawk Max motherboard Ryzen 2600X CPU

    The memory in question

    https://www.microcenter.com/product/612970/gskill-ripjaws-v-16gb-(2-x-8gb)-ddr4-3600-pc4-28800-cl16-dual-channel-desktop-memory-kit-f4-3600c16d-16gvkc---black

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    Also got crashing with XMP profile 2 at 3600.

    submitted by /u/DMI211
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for an Avatar: The Last Airbender theme PC build

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 07:48 AM PST

    i am planning on building my first PC soon, thanks to this community that has motivated me a lot, so thanks to you guys.

    but i searched for it and couldn't find any examples of an Avatar: The Last Airbender themed PC. guess no one has ever thought of building such a PC.

    The problem i am facing right now is that i am at a loss of any good ideas for such a PC build. i am really passionate about this show, but not really being a creative guy, i don't know where to begin.

    i thinks aang in his avatar mode will be awesome. maybe some way to subtly include the love between aang and katara or his friendship with appa and momo. i did find some really good funkos and do plan on buying one of theme.

    i did search online for some pictures that could motivate me and i am linking to some of those pics. if anyone has absolutely any ideas on this please do share your ideas.

    i will be using the Antec NX400 Mid Tower Gaming Cabinet case for the build. any suggestions on the case or anything else is highly appreciated.

    Thanks!!

    Aang, Momo and Appa

    aang in avatar state

    Avatar aang

    P.S. couldn't find any good aang and katara pics. if you find any do comment the link.

    submitted by /u/ApplePieCrust2122
    [link] [comments]

    How much memory do you guys have and why?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 01:14 PM PST

    I'm building my first pc and I'm trying to get an idea of how much I should get.

    submitted by /u/SirVonDero
    [link] [comments]

    pls help with build :)

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:44 PM PST

    Going to be buying/building this pc, and wondering if I need anything else to go with it.

    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GGbcGc

    The motherboard apparently has the "best vrms" so I chose that if there's anything better around the price I would change.

    Ram 2x8 3200 16 standard stuff.

    For the CPU cooler I chose the cheapest Antec 360 AIO because I heard that all the companies use the same manufacturer. Also going to buy 3 Noctua NF-F12 fans to replace the current Fractal Design Celsius S36 fans.

    Storage is simple stuff.

    Graphics card best 2080 super.

    The case is the hard part, trying to find mesh front and tempered glass at the same time (heard it has the best temperatures). Would like some recommendations under 150$.

    Psu pretty standard.

    Any advice would help thanks :)

    submitted by /u/l3g0oo
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot to install USB 3.1 Gen 2 Pin on Asus Prime x470 pro motherboard

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:42 PM PST

    My Build

    MB - Asus Prime X470-Pro

    CPU - AMD Ryzen 2600 with Noctua U-12s cooler

    GPU - GTX 1070 Ti

    RAM -- G SKill TridentX 16 GB (2x8GB)

    PSU - EVGA 650 B3 650 W

    Case - NZXT 500i Mid Tower

    I put together my PC about a year ago with my brother -- (Here's the mobo Manual) - and really never felt like I was getting the performance I should be. I have XMP enabled, OC my CPU to 4.0 gHZ after getting an upgraded CPU cooler and OC my GPU (roughly +125 core and +325 memory).

    Regardless, some games stutter, the image doesn't always seem to be clean (this will happen even with GPU at stock settings) and as it relates to gaming I am really not that thrilled with my computers performance.

    I also keep getting this consistent frametime spikes every 60 seconds (For example - if I play Fortnite or Kovaak's and I just sit in the menu my frametime will spike from 5 ms to 25 ms every 61 seconds like clockwork). In googling a solution, I came across this potentially being an issue with a gaming mice being plugged into the wrong USB port, which led me to double check all that which finally led me to realize that my brother and I may have messed installing the USB connectors to my mobo.

    My mobo has USB 3.1 Gen 1 module and a USB 3.1 Gen 2 module. Please reference page 1-11 of the manual to see what I am talking about. Upon closer examination it looks like I have the USB 3.1 Gen 1 connected but not the USB 3.2 Gen 2 connected.

    I had both my keyboard and mouse plugged into the Gen 2 slots and both were operational, but is it possible that this was causing an issue?

    Also I think my brother threw out my mobo box on me, so if I have to buy the connector what is the best way to get it.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/HowieFelter22
    [link] [comments]

    My pc can turn on but wont display anything

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 05:54 AM PST

    Prior to this, all I did was remove the 6 pin connector to my gpu (I made sure to unlplug power supply, and touch something metal to avoid static) then I put it back in.

    The moment I turn on my pc, nothing is getting displayed along with my keyboard and mouse also not lighting up, when the ports are actually working (tested it with my phone charger), I thought it may have been the gpu but the ports arent even working for my keyboard and mouse so im not sure anymore what the problem is.

    The gpu seems to be working fine as well with all of the fans spinning and everything.

    I dont know what to do anymore, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    submitted by /u/-ChickenLover-
    [link] [comments]

    5700XT VS 2070 ( 1440p 144hz FreeSync Monitor )

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Hi guys, I need a little help. So I've decided to upgrade from my R9 290 to either this (5700XT) or this [RTX 2070]( RTX 2070 ). I have a FreeSync 1440p 144hz monitor, so was inclined to go for the AMD card, however I've just read a host of problems in regards to drivers etc. So my question is, is this still a significant problem? And if I was to go for the 2070 would my FreeSync monitor work alongside it? Also my CPU is the i5 4670k, would this be sufficient, or would there be a bottleneck?

    Another thing, i've heard new cards will be releasing this year, would it be advisable for me to wait a few months? Thanks guys

    submitted by /u/amzkeh
    [link] [comments]

    Need help picking CPU/GPU

    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I am a beginner to pc building, working on putting together my first build for gaming. I've spent about two full days poring over the info in the sidebar, and have basic literacy with the components now. What I need help with is picking a CPU and GPU to start my build; from there stuff will more or less fall into place. Can you help me pick out stuff to fit these requirements?

    Requirements: -Runs dual monitors, one 1440p/144Hz and one 1080p/60Hz -Able to run newer games (I. E. Doom Eternal) buttery smooth on medium to high graphics, with a browser and several tabs open / 1 streaming YouTube or similar. -Aiming to not need to upgrade for a couple years. -GPU must be AMD. The reason being that the Freesync monitors I've seen are a ways cheaper than G-sync.

    Other components I'll go for are a 500GB SSD for programs, 1-2TB SSD for media, and 16GB RAM. Aiming for the neighborhood of $1500 for total tower cost, excluding peripherals.

    I am aiming for an experience that emphasizes stability over crystal clear graphics. Any input that reddit could provide for a CPU/GPU to get there would be much appreciated :-)

    submitted by /u/Chaos_Ban
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel