• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    OnePlus I'm getting only 2 Hrs SOT. Google is consuming more than 50% battery

    OnePlus I'm getting only 2 Hrs SOT. Google is consuming more than 50% battery


    I'm getting only 2 Hrs SOT. Google is consuming more than 50% battery

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:53 AM PST

    My Oneplus 5 is giving me only 2 Hrs SOT. My Coworker said I should be getting around 6 Hrs at least. looks like Google play services is consuming more than 50% battery life. It seems I cant disable or battery optimize it. How to fix this?

    Here are my battery setting screenshots

    More Info:

    I bought this oneplus 5 8/128GB from coworker secondhand six months ago for 100US$. It is completely stock. Everything is great except battery. My phone is on Oxygen OS version 9.0.10.

    The guy who sold me the phone is a heavy user and bought this on mid 2017. I suspect his heavy usage might be the cause of this battery deterioration. Should I change the battery or it is expected of this phone.

    Edit: Apps installed on my phone. Do you think anything fishy with these apps?

    1. Whatsapp
    2. Microsoft Authenticator (For Work Login)
    3. Company portal app (For Work Login)
    4. Cx File Explorer
    5. Standard Chartered Bank app
    6. Corporate app for work
    7. Duolingo
    8. Google Drive
    9. gmail
    10. Google Pay
    11. Keep Notes
    12. Kite app
    13. Outlook
    14. Google Maps
    15. QKSMS
    16. Phonepe app
    17. Shareme
    18. Snapseed
    19. Telegram
    20. VLC
    21. Google Sheets
    22. DBS Bank app

    Edit 2:Now I understand that comparing my SOT [more standby time] with my coworkers SOT is not correct method. Apparently standby time has more effect on the SOT than I expected.

    submitted by /u/DesiChad
    [link] [comments]

    snapchat pop up camera (OP7P)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:04 PM PST

    Is there any way to not have the pop up camera activate everytime I open snapchat?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/prynce06
    [link] [comments]

    Original Screen Protector OP7 Pro

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Hello guys !

    Wanted to know where could I buy a screen protector (not tempered glass) with the same quality as the original that comes with the phone.

    There doesn't seem to have many options to choose from but if some one have any tips would appreciate it.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/esemas
    [link] [comments]

    How was your battery replacement experience?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:01 AM PST

    To those who used to replace battery with official OnePlus, how was your overall experience?

    How much have you paid in total and do you feel it's worth it?

    Did the replacement leave any mark or scratch on the device?

    Did they need access to your phone or did they ask for your password to unlock it? Would my data be safe when I leave my device to them?

    How long did the whole process take?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/n0tsm4rt
    [link] [comments]

    RCS keeps disappearing out of no where.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:04 PM PST

    My RCS option keeps disappearing on Google messages for no reason, Everytime I reinstall the app I have to open and close it a couple times and then it shows up and I'm able to turn it on, but then after like 30 minutes this shows up. Using 7T on Verizon. Screenshot

    submitted by /u/JudgeFX
    [link] [comments]

    7 pro on 10.3.0. Slows down to unusable after unlock. Eventually returns to normal

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    Anyone else have this problem? I wiped cache and it seemed to help for about a week.

    submitted by /u/still-standing
    [link] [comments]

    One plus 3 (non-t) finally has to be replaced :(, watching YouTube and the screen just started spontaneously cracking.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:40 PM PST

    Guess that's what happens with a phone that lived hard for 3+ years daily. I've never actually cracked a screen this is my first time.

    I can either repair this one or just drop $500 on a new 7t at Best buy which I'll probably do tomorrow...

    Going to miss this old ass phone

    submitted by /u/DrWhoaFan
    [link] [comments]

    Restock 7pro?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:18 PM PST

    I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for them to restock? I've been waiting for abit and seems like its always been out of stock...

    submitted by /u/wishy2211
    [link] [comments]

    Ambient mode on spint op7 pro

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:16 PM PST

    I was wondering if and when the carrier locked phones will get this update as well as the oxygenOS 10 update

    submitted by /u/ianl303
    [link] [comments]

    One Plus 5t Bluetooth Codec won't change

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:02 PM PST

    I've recently got the Sony WH-1000m3 and whenever I connect to it, the Sony connect app says SBC and I can't change my codec in the settings; it always says Use System Selection (Default). Anyone got the same problems or know how to fix it.

    Many thanks

    submitted by /u/Ataraxia02
    [link] [comments]

    So... I want to buy an OP7Pro on Amazon... but...

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:42 PM PST

    But most of them are the International version or Chinese version flashed into Oxygen...

    Should I wait for the OP webpage to restock their phones or is it safe to buy these versions from Amazon?

    submitted by /u/im2fast4um8
    [link] [comments]

    7T not receiving texts on Verizon prepaid, cdma-less is activated

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:18 PM PST

    Hi, I spent a long time tonight on web chat and calls about this with Verizon. My texts worked fine until sometime within this week. I can't receive texts from anyone with an iPhone or Android, on or not on Verizon, but everyone can get my texts. While on live chat, they activated CDMA-less and that didn't work. I went through a bunch of different steps, and now I'm supposed to wait 72 hours if an engineer can fix it, then call them back.

    Am I missing something I should do?

    submitted by /u/cakeeater808
    [link] [comments]

    For anyone whose Bullets Wireless 2 fall out non-stop(wingtips)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:05 PM PST

    Not receiving certain texts on OnePlus 6?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:36 PM PST

    Over the last few months I have been consistently missing texts from my SO. She will send a message from her iphone (green bubble) and I will simply not receive it on my device.

    It's not every text, but more like 1/8, so it really fucks up important communication.

    I am not sure if this happens with other contacts, because I don't text them as often and they would be less likely to follow up if I didn't respond. I could be missing tons of messages without knowing.

    I am using the default "Messages" app, but I cannot see the messages when I switch to Textra. But I hear 3rd party apps could just make it worse.

    My phone is not registered to iMessage servers, because I already tried to deregister it.

    What other steps can I take?

    submitted by /u/Ken_Mcnutt
    [link] [comments]

    Buy 7T now, or will a price drop be coming?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:48 PM PST

    I'm in need of a phone in short order - and the 8 isn't that huge of a jump from the 7T in terms of features I care about and use. In the US the 7T is still $599. Should I expect a price drop in the very near future, or should I just go for it?

    submitted by /u/GloomyCheek
    [link] [comments]

    Good cases with a kickstand built in? [7 Pro]

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:46 AM PST

    I've found this which looks ugly and the stand looks flimsy.

    I've found this which looks like it offers absolutely no protection and has really weird trim colours in every single colourway they offer

    Anything else on the market? Am I just beating up the wrong horsetree here?

    submitted by /u/Randomd0g
    [link] [comments]

    Will the op 7 pro 5g sprint work in the UK with EE?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:17 PM PST

    Hey guys, sorry for the annoying type of post but I'm struggling to work this out.

    I'm planning on buying a OnePlus 7pro 5g specifically the sprint edition, however it's been unlocked, and I'm trying to work out whether I'll be able to use it in the UK on the network EE, as far as I can tell the 5g won't work, (which honestly I'm not bothered about as actually buying the 5g version from the us works out cheaper than the regular from the UK)

    I think the 4g will work but I was wondering whether anyone could confirm this before I end up buying it and finding out it won't work as I don't know whether I'm understanding this right hahaha

    Thanks a bunch

    submitted by /u/naoise2001
    [link] [comments]

    Would Pixel 4 be a big upgrade from OnePlus 6T?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:54 AM PST

    I've seen comparisons between Pixel 4 and OP 7T, but wondering how it compares to the 6T. I saw T-Mobile has a sale on the Pixel 4 for $400, and trying to decide whether to get it or just keep my 6T, which I've been overall very happy with. Obviously the camera's better, but I'm curious about the other aspects.

    submitted by /u/Dunda
    [link] [comments]

    My phone fell on its power button and not it's pressed in!

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:36 PM PST

    Charging speed animation?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:28 PM PST

    So, we all know how fast oneplus charging is. Huawei has a cool animation that displays the exact percentage (see youtube link). Any way we can get this on our devices?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIAIyZJrnvM

    submitted by /u/hasansok
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7T: Is it harmful to use my Qualcomm Power Delivery Quick Charger with my phone?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Reasons To Switch From S10 to OP7 Pro?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:51 PM PST

    I bought an S10 a few months ago from Verizon. I like the phone, but it's a little small for me and has some battery life issues. I've owned Samsung phones my whole life except for the iPhone 5 (I mean even non-smartphones) so I've never gotten a different experience. I noticed that I could sell my used S10 for around $400-ish (no scratches at all) and pick up a used OnePlus 7 Pro for $350-$400 ish as well. Seems weird to me since they're only $500 new, but I figure I might be able to find a deal for around $300 if I hunt hard enough.

    But like I said, I've only ever used Samsung phones and I'm very scared to step in to different waters. I thought about a Pixel or an iPhone, but I think I want to wait for the Pixel 5/iPhone 12. If anyone could answer these questions/address these concerns, I would really appreciate it.

    1. How is the camera? I've heard pretty meh compared to S10
    2. The fingerprint sensor makes the whole screen bright, right? Doesn't this get annoying?
    3. The pop up camera scares me. I open Snapchat a couple hundred times a day... I feel like this thing is going to give out on me fast. Should I be worried?
    4. How does the resale value hold up? I trust my S10 to be worth a few hundred bucks for the next year or two before I upgrade to the next generation of phones. Seems not too well, since I believe the phone launched at $700
    5. Software updates. I've heard complaints that they're bad right now because of all the stuff going on in China
    6. How is customer support? Samsung customer support reps have been pretty good to me.
    7. Carrier compatibility with Verizon. I know you can get it as a CDMA-less device, but I won't get visual voicemail or call filtering, right? Also have heard of issues with texts.
    8. Is battery life significantly better than S10? I've seen it mostly compared to S10+, which makes me feel good about it, but I'm still skeptical, especially with 90hz enabled.
    9. Just a question, but does the OP7 Pro have the little volume mute thing on the side? I love those.
    10. Buying suggestions? I've been looking at Ebay, but do you guys have any places? Should I buy used, open box, or what? Budget of about whatever I can sell my S10 for.

    Thanks for any and all help! Looking forward to seeing what you have to say.

    submitted by /u/xNyxNox
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn off notification icons in status bar?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:29 AM PST

    Just wondering, am I able to turn off the small notification icons in the status bar when I receive a notification, I still want to receive notifications normally, just want those app icons gone from the top bar, I am on Android 10

    submitted by /u/Zz_Cormac_zZ
    [link] [comments]

    19% of battery percentage gone but the battery usage shows only 6 items with 1% usage.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 11:50 PM PST

    In the last few days my oneplus 6 discharge more faster then earlier. I charged my phone to 100, I used it a little bit then I went to sleep. Today morning my phone had only 81% and the detailed battery usage stats says: screen 1%, outlook 1%, android system 1%, Google play services 1%, reddit 1%, mobile standby 1%. It is much less then my missing 19%. Also as I said this faster depletion appeared recently.

    Any suggestion? :)

    submitted by /u/Huntszy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel