• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Are OnePlus phones reliable? Android Help

    Are OnePlus phones reliable? Android Help


    Are OnePlus phones reliable?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:03 PM PST

    I've been a Samsung customer since 2014 but with the galaxy s20 being out of my budget and with my Samsung devices terrible reliability. I was thinking about getting a OnePlus. The only thing I'm worried about is the phone's reliability and customer service because Samsung was terrible in the aforementioned areas. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/NarcoticCow
    [link] [comments]

    Trusted Places doesn't really work. Anyone else?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:47 PM PST

    For the life of me I can't get Trusted Places to work. I've removed and re-added, tried editing the locations. I have 2 places. My Work, and Home. I have to punch my pin in every. single. time I want to unlock my phone. I'm seriously considering not have a lockscreen. It's driving me mad lol

    What's the trick here? Is it just me or is this function broken?

    submitted by /u/EnemyofGLaDOS
    [link] [comments]

    System UI Crashed, Now I Have ZERO UI

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I have a Samsung S10e, rooted.

    I was just updating some apps on the Play Store when suddenly the UI started acting funky, as in apps stopped launching, or launched but never loaded. Swiping up/down/right to the quick settings/drawer/google now all were still working, but tapping on any app didn't do anything. After a few mins I get a System UI has stopped working message, and I tapped on "Close".

    Then everything went dark. My phone has no UI. The only think that is display is the Power/Restart dialogue if I hold the power button.

    Tried rebooting, also doesn't show anything at all. Absolutely no indication of whether device is on or off. Can't get into recovery either.

    Help?

    UPDATE: Somehow fixed itself after forcing a reboot bootloader using adb. Thanks to all the suggestions.

    submitted by /u/VonLoewe
    [link] [comments]

    Broken phone screen and I want to back up my text messages... Can anyone help?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:49 PM PST

    I have a Blu G9 Pro with a broken screen and I want to back up text messages before I send it in for my Asurion insurance. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/trojeep
    [link] [comments]

    Pixel XL claims it's 1% but once it turns off I can turn it back on.

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:42 PM PST

    It's an endless cycle it seems. Everytime it shuts down I am able to turn it back on then it dies again. Repeat x100. Help

    Edit: I already replaced the battery. Same issue. It lasts for a few hours than dies at 20 percent. Then I turn it back on. It lasts for a few minutes. Then dies again. How do I fix this? I just want normal battery life!

    submitted by /u/sonny_box
    [link] [comments]

    How do I prevent certain links from opening the play store?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 09:02 PM PST

    Best two examples are Mint's emails or Yelp's website when you navigate to certain areas. I don't want to download the app. I just want to open it in my browser.

    Mint example opening Google play from an email within Gmail.

    submitted by /u/FLHCv2
    [link] [comments]

    Maximized Volume notification

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:14 PM PST

    I've been getting a weird notification stating "Your phone's volume is maximized for 15 seconds. Tap to restore your default volume preferences." I choose to keep my ringer off, especially since I don't want to disturb my co-workers. I don't understand why this has started happening. Can't find any documentation on it either. Can anyone explain?

    submitted by /u/Finlin
    [link] [comments]

    Have You Tried Our Parental Control App?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Install Titan Family Security Android App and Activate The Parental Control Features to Protect Your Kids Digital Life.

    submitted by /u/Titan_Coin
    [link] [comments]

    How long will the Galaxy Tab S4 be on sale for? (And is it worth $100 more than the Tab S3?)

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:27 PM PST

    As a Galaxy Tab 4 user (yes, just tab 4. yes, the almost 6-year-old one.), I'm in the market for a new tablet. I'm primarily aiming for the Galaxy Tab S4, but the S3 will work.

    I've noticed they're on sale (specifically the S4), and on the Samsung website, it says it's for a "limited time only." But I have not found how long they will be on sale. Through February? Up to June? Until a new tablet comes out? I don't know.

    Really, though, my questions are in the title. A) how long will they be on sale for, and B) is the S4 worth the extra $100 versus the Tab S3?

    submitted by /u/yws_eclipse
    [link] [comments]

    How to block a private number, but not all private numbers

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 07:07 PM PST

    Some indian dude is blowing up my dad's phone saying he's from microsoft. I know this is about as likely as me spontaneously learning to speak his native language. The problem is, he's calling from a private number and a business partner of my dad's is from canada and uses a private number. So we can't just full on blanket block private numbers. Is there a way to block only a specific private number?

    submitted by /u/DeathKeebs
    [link] [comments]

    Traveling WiFi causing geo location issue

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 06:07 PM PST

    So I travel for work 100% of the time. As part of this we travel several discreet computer networks and each of them have their own separate wifi access points and ssids. I have been having an issue where when I walk into work my phone will think I am in the previous city we were in and not the one I'm currently in. It is very universal to most all the apps that need geo location. I will turn off the feature where the phone uses wifi networks to make it more accurate and the apps can then figure out exactly where I am. However the apps then start giving me constant notifications that they need more accurate geo location and that I need to turn the feature on to continue. What can I do so this stops happening?

    submitted by /u/Wadeace
    [link] [comments]

    New phone, can't speak emoji to text

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 01:34 PM PST

    I think i've compared every setting between my old Pixel 2 and new Pixel 4, but I am apparently missing something... when i say "fire emoji" it puts the words in the text box and not the emoji itself...

    submitted by /u/msim609078
    [link] [comments]

    Wild problems with google just to play my simple UNO game that me and a hundred friends have had for almost a decade

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 05:04 PM PST

    It's uno 1.1.1 and it's not on the google play store anymore (which is a compliment if you ask me). We use the google play games app and the most common error I'm getting on SOME devices is "license check failed." I have two samsung devices where I can still play players around the world (an android 4 device and an android 10 device)

    I just spoke to someone at geek squad and he really couldn't help.

    What the app needs is a few tweaks to deal with google's asinine nonsense.

    Again, I can play the game right now on two devices (come play me if you're wondering, just google uno classic 1.1.1)

    submitted by /u/nelsonisanitwit
    [link] [comments]

    Image for folders on home screen

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:53 PM PST

    I'm wondering if there is an app that would allow you to set the folder icons on the home screen as images instead of showing what's in the folder.

    An example would be since I have an music folder, I would like to put a picture of a music note etc..

    submitted by /u/Gizmo545
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung J2 Pro won't charge past 80%

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 04:23 PM PST

    My rooted Samsung J2 Pro has recently stopped charging past 80%. I use it daily, and usually only charge it overnight. I use it to play spotify overnight as well.

    Battery seems to be working well otherwise. What's going on and what should I do to fix this? Should I replace the battery?

    submitted by /u/MrTK_AUS
    [link] [comments]

    Is imei.info legit?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Huawei watch sport 2

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:56 PM PST

    Good afternoon, I was hoping somebody can give me a hand with my new watch. it doesn't seem to last too long overnight at Loses probably 20% the battery and throughout the day seems like it drains kind of quickly and right now with the watch is at about 55 and Android system in the battery is using my 13% Anyone have any suggestions? I had this watch about a year ago but it broke and I just got a new one and I remember the battery being better than this.

    submitted by /u/Tank12578
    [link] [comments]

    I'm trying to use my xbox360 controller on my android but the xbox adapter won't turn on. Its nothing related to the cables as I've tried it on other devices and it worked fine. What could it be?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:33 AM PST

    How can I remove trending searches from the home screen widget?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:08 PM PST

    I want to see my latest searches, like it used to be. I tried googling, it all tells me to swipe left to Google now but I have Samsung daily.

    Here's a picture: https://i.imgur.com/w7Mj8yT.jpg

    Cheers and thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/benjick
    [link] [comments]

    [Pie] Can an malevolent app imbed itself into the firmware?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:04 PM PST

    I am fairly new to Android. I'm planning on going crazy on F-Droid and Play Store, trying out a bunch of different apps to see which ones I like.

    Then, I plan on doing a factory reset to wipe everything. Once the device is reset, I will download only the apps I know I will use.

    Is there a chance that trying out all those apps would result in a a bad app embedding itself in the firmware or another location on storage that would not be wiped out during a reset? Or is Android pretty resilient against something like this?

    submitted by /u/UniqueCollar
    [link] [comments]

    can Sleep as android work with alexa?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Ive made a routine on alexa that will turn lights off and play music, im wondering if theres anyway I can get it to also start sleep tracking on the app sleep as android?

    submitted by /u/computerstuffs
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:56 PM PST

    Sometimes my tablet(Lenovo yoga tab 3) turns off(like clicking the power button) and changes wallpaper to default. After i unlock it, its running same app

    submitted by /u/Kelorak5505
    [link] [comments]

    What would cause this on an mxq box i just got off someone? It's stuck on this screen

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 11:09 AM PST

    Crashes and bugs caused by Android 10

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 10:58 AM PST

    So I got the android 10 update yesterday afternoon for my S9 and it seemed to just be some design changes, however with it some apps randomly crash a lot more frequently than they used to. For example I would open gallery app and a few seconds later it would crash - the same happens with google chrome. Another thing about the gallery app, when opened all of the pictures are gone and theres just a large area of black (because of dark mode, white if I was on light mode). Weirdly though, i can see all of my albums with the pictures in them but i cannot open them without seeing the same empty black screen. Theres also the issue of not being able to save photos at all. This bug happens with my notes app in which it wont stop crashing but I can at least access my notes.

    TLDR - Android 10 has made my phone very bugy, gallery app is messing up and crashing and overall hasn't improved the performance but decreased it.

    submitted by /u/NathanRCB
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Greeting with menu options?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:31 PM PST

    I tried youmail and it was great up until they failed to mention they were in an ongoing despute with TMob and therefore it doesnt work for any TMob carrier calls O_O

    So are there any other apps/programs like youmail that provide custom greetings with menu options to forward callers to different departments/numbers via "please press 1 to reach so-and-so#1 etc...)

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/goldrimmedbanana
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel