• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Wednesday, February 12, 2020

    Computer Techs Apple Proprietary SSD USB or SATA Adapters?

    Computer Techs Apple Proprietary SSD USB or SATA Adapters?


    Apple Proprietary SSD USB or SATA Adapters?

    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 02:15 PM PST

    Hey folks, I manage the help desk for a small college. I'm wondering if there are any adapters worth buying for the proprietary interface that devices like the Macbook Air use. I purchased this one back in September and as nearly as we could figure it arrived DOA so we sent it back.

    I kicked the can down the road a little and now we have a student's Mid 2017 Macbook Air with a bad logic board. The student opted not to proceed with the repair, so we'd like to at least get his files off of it. The Mid 2017 uses the 12+16 Pin configuration for whatever that's worth. I wish I knew what the interface is called, I believe it's an NVME SSD but with that proprietary pinout.

    Does anybody have an adapter that they especially recommend? For m.2 form factors we have a couple of different USB adapters that we use all the time on windows machines.

    Thanks for any advice or product recommendations. I might just see if somebody has a similar vintage Macbook Air to stick the SSD into, boot it, then do a time machine backup.

    submitted by /u/matt314159
    [link] [comments]

    $300 off for Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop PC on Amazon - Techariens

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 03:18 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel