• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 8, 2020

    Kiwi browser. What extensions are you using? Android Apps

    Kiwi browser. What extensions are you using? Android Apps


    Kiwi browser. What extensions are you using?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:48 AM PST

    Kiwi browser.

    Not all chrome extensions are compatible or only work on desktop.

    Which ones are you all using with Kiwi?

    Ones I have installed are:

    submitted by /u/blueman541
    [link] [comments]

    Gamified fitness app for working out at home similar to duolingo?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 12:26 AM PST

    Hi, I'm looking at some sort of app that will start recommending me exercises to do at home at a particular difficulty level (such as only 5/10 push ups, 20 abs, etc) and then both keep track of my progress, recommend different exercises and keep making the exercises more difficult to allow me to "progress". Is there such a thing?

    submitted by /u/roowsun
    [link] [comments]

    Custom contact notifications (not ringtones) for apps, which will overwrite all notification sounds?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:37 AM PST

    Hello friends,

    I have been used BB10 OS, and belowed Q5 for years, and when I was forced to move on android, I got the Huawei Smart P 2019 with android 9 installed.

    Many many things I have accomplished to have similar like on BB10 OS, but the custom contact notifications for apps, which will overwrite everything in the notification settings, I can't manage still. Maybe android doesn't have such basic implementations which were for BB10 0S or even for older BBOS 7 or 6, so common and standard.

    The situation is here. I have managed to set the different sounds for every app I am using. Viber, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, SMS, etc. So when I hear, for example, beep1, I know someone sent me the message on viber. When I hear beep2, someone wrote on Telegram, etc.

    Also, not to mention, that this was easy, when my wife is calling, I have set the different sound from my father or my colleagues, etc. That was easy. 😊

    But what I am missing, and would like to have as an option, that when I hear particular sound (for example ding1) across the all apps installed on android, that I know it's from my wife. And no matter which chat messaging app she picked up, when I hear ding1, I will know it's from her. Also, ding2 will tell me that my father sent me who knows what (sms, viber messages, telegram message, never mind). But to stay beep1 for any other contacts on viber, beep2 for any other contact on Telegram, etc.

    Such adjustments were so easy to manage on BB10 0S (in the OS implemented options, without any special apps for that, etc), and can't think any of the reason why we don't have the similar on android.

    Is there anyone who can answer which app for android could do this specific?

    Thanks in advance folks 😉

    submitted by /u/Vladislav011
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea when Brave Browser will get extensions support?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Alarms automatically created from calendar notifications?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    recently, I missed a meeting (not a critical one mind you) and besides being because I couldn't remember it by myself, it is also due to the fact that my Android phone notifications are easy to miss if I do not have my phone nearby.

    My wish is to get an app that will automatically sync with my calendars (Google and Outlook) and play an alarm similar to a wake up alarm from any clock app.

    I've been looking for the perfect solution and I think I found it but I would like to hear about what others in my situtation found before buying it and be done with my search. :)

    1. Alarm Calendar Plus (free edition)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moyou.acplusThis one has a lot of options. Many of them I don't even know what they do. Some information bubbles would be a nice addition for a future version. Each calendar can have its own default alarm sound (ringtone, mp3, etc) which is perfect for me so I can hear a difference between my work and personnal calendars. I can set the max snooze count and the snooze duration. There is a weird bug with the automatic silence setting : I doesn't work for a duration that is too long. What I mean is it work if I set it to 5 seconds but it doesn't when I set it at 27 seconds... :( The good thing is I set it to 0 second, it will stop when the song stops.. So basically, I edit my songs to the duration I want for the alarm and it works. But I would prefer this feature to work as intended.
    2. Calendar Event Reminderhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.mildev84.reminderThe first one I tried and it looked perfect! The problem is snoozed alarms never ring again... I sent a mail to the author but he never replied. It's a shame. This one could be the perfect app! This one is able to ring for a set duration.
    3. Calendar Notificationshttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moyou.acplusdI tried this one and it never synced with any of my calendars. Too bad because it looked very promising.

    Do you know other apps that could do what I need? I would like to hear about them. I don't mind if they are not free as I always buy the premium version of apps that are great and fill one of my needs! :)

    submitted by /u/volt26
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Task / habit tracker that starts when I wake up?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 11:41 PM PST

    Hey guys! I'm hoping you can help me out here.

    I'm trying to find a task list or habit tracker that can help me remember if I've taken all my meds, or done different maintenance tasks.

    It would be ideal if I could track both daily and weekly tasks (and in my dream, be able to have questions asked of me so I can track, for example, if I threw up that day.)

    There are a TON of apps that can do this!

    ...But unfortunately they're all based on a clock cycle. My sleep schedule is pretty erratic, which means that my meds are taken at different times of the clock, but at a consistent schedule with each other over each waking period.

    Basically, I need an app that says, "Okay, the phone just woke up for the first time in 14 hours, push the checklist for the morning tasks... And now four hours from now, push the next list."

    Is there anything out there that can do this? Especially that can do all of this and keep a history that I can look back through?

    I know that's probably a pretty big ask, but it would work a lot better than my current dumb checklist that I then have to... remember to check.

    Thank you so much for your assistance, guys, it's really appreciated.

    submitted by /u/abiostudent3
    [link] [comments]

    Aurora store

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:28 AM PST

    hello, what happens is that I recently switched from play store to aurora store and when Trying to install an update tells me that "there was a conflict with the packages" what can I do? =(

    submitted by /u/wesos_fome_xd
    [link] [comments]

    A light running/walking tracker app

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:06 AM PST

    I'm using a really slow smartphone, I need a light running/walking tracker app that runs smooth

    I found this (a bike tracker) wich is less than 1 mb

    submitted by /u/eliasedamasceno
    [link] [comments]

    [DEV] [GIVEAWAY] CoreIRC client with modern design and DCC support (200+ codes!)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 01:44 PM PST

    Hi! I finally got around to building an IRC app for Android after mulling over the idea for a while. CoreIRC is now available from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.aureolin.coreirc

    For a bit of history, I published SimpleIRC about 10 years ago for Nokia Symbian devices, and I figured there were several clients in the Play Store that would be good enough, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

    CoreIRC supports SSL connections, IRCv3 SASL authentication and DCC support for receiving files. Future updates will include the ability to send files, message notifications and more IRCv3 features.

    For the launch party, I'm giving away over 200 codes. You can obtain a code from https://www.promies.net/promotion/01e89245-d584-46d2-b607-b7577069ce07/

    How to redeem a Play Store promotional code

    Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/AureolinCorp
    [link] [comments]

    Possible "are you sure?" message before sending every text message

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:16 PM PST

    Just recently got a new phone, I'm running Lineage OS, and made my first sent message to wrong person mistake. God that was embarrassing. Of course Now I'm thinking about how embarrassing all the other possible mix ups that could happen would be. I think Primarily the reason I made the mistake was because I didn't have pictures assigned to any of my contacts and that visual cue next to each message would most likely have prevented the mistake.

    However it got me thinking, is there any way in which I could implement a function that would, before sending any text message, prompt me with a "are you sure" message which would say "are you sure you want to send message x to contact x" or the like? I often get nervous even in messaging apps like wire or facebook messenger, let alone text, that I'll send something unintended because they're so instant.

    submitted by /u/MaximumBus
    [link] [comments]

    I need an offline music player that exports playlists as a file (if possible by location, like internal storage/music/italian/someitaliantrack) so I can import them back when I do a clean factory reset or switch phones

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 10:46 AM PST

    Title. I'm used to Pi Music Player, but its export playlist function generates a code that lasts 10 minutes, and factory reset plus starting configurations makes it so I can't download and open it in time to apply the code to retrieve my playlists. I don't plan on renaming or moving anything in the SD card, so the paths will never change. Can anyone help me? Do you know a more efficient way to retrieve playlists?

    Also: I don't use spotify because it does not have 30% of my music, so it's more convenient to listen all of my music in an offline player, in just one place.

    I don't usually recover backups, as I prefer to do a clean install for optimization.

    submitted by /u/Riente
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best apps that can be used in place of System apps

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 02:54 AM PST

    eg. Apps to replace Messages, Phone etc

    submitted by /u/Washyyy
    [link] [comments]

    [Request] Temp virtual credit card maker

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 06:08 AM PST

    I need an app to generate a virtual credit card for a one time purchase, that also has the feature to limit the credit amount on it.

    I tried using Privacy.com, but it never worked for me, and their tech support is non existent.

    submitted by /u/georgemovie
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion Of TruCaller Application

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Hi, I know I've seen some reddits in here concerning the trucaller call blocker app. To be honest I'm still trying to discover one that I like better. I've even read about using the tasker app to function as a call blocker. I'm running android version 8.0.0 on my phone. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Davy49
    [link] [comments]

    Suggest a pdf/epub reader

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:58 AM PST

    I love reading books on my tab(8.8 inch). But I can't find any good pdf reader. I have used wps office and moon+ reader. I liked wps office's mobile view mode but background was not dark in night mode.

    In moon+ reader, to copy a word I have to touch that word for a long time. What's your suggestion pdf reader?

    submitted by /u/Taj69
    [link] [comments]

    Finaly With hard work and consistency we achieve our goal to create a VPN App

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    Consolidate DM+ messaging apps?

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 08:04 PM PST

    Is there an app that aggregates messages from Slack, GroupMe, messenger, et al?

    Different networks use different applications, and its tiresome flipping all the time.

    Thx

    submitted by /u/burnabybambinos
    [link] [comments]

    Android app that blocks Google DNS/static route addresses?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:33 AM PST

    Hey guys, not sure if i can explain properly but I'll try. I used to use a TP link router (home was robbed) to block Google DNS/static routes. I done this so the router would force my desired DNS to all devices connected (unlocator DNS). This worked a charm because I could cast USA apps (based in the UK) with my brother's NBCSN login to my Chromecast without issues. I could take that said router anywhere I went (my holiday home in Portugal) and use it with those apps as well as my own accounts for BT sport and others.

    Anyways I have a rooted nexus 6 phone that I use as a portable VPN router if you will. The same process works just like the old router but the only difference is I can't block those static routes as far as I know. Are there any android apps that do this?

    I want to be able to block the Chromecast from accessing the Google DNS and be directed to one of my choosing (unlocator) via the phone itself and not at router level.

    I use this app called VPN hotspot and it works a charm for using a vpn with all devices connected to the phone (nexus 6) but I don't want to use the VPN always as internet isn't great. Using my unlocator DNS doesn't cut speed and I figured of I can do on the android phone what I could do at router level then I don't need to buy another router.

    I hope I've explained this correctly and I hope there are apps out there that do this job.

    Thanks alot guys.

    submitted by /u/cmac1986
    [link] [comments]

    Can't backup school planner to Google drive

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:51 PM PST

    Hi, I am using this app called school planner, and it is pretty amazing however, I can't back it up to drive even though this is a feature of the app.

    I already checked the dev's GitHub page (it hasn't been updated on a while), I looked up the exact message but didn't really find any answers, and I emailed the dev about the problem.

    This is the problem:

    401 Unauthorized "errors": [ "domain": "global", "reason": "required", "message": "Login Required", "locationType": "header", "location": "Authorization" 1. "code": 401, "message": "Login Required" } (-1)

    Any help would be very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/GAynusXd
    [link] [comments]

    Price drop or sale at 6 sellers?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 08:18 AM PST

    I've searched using a variety of terms, but haven't found an app that can alert me when a big ticket item (e.g. big screen TV) goes on sale at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, B&H, Costco & Amazon. Is there an app that can watch a price for an item at all 6 places? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mccraine
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to change keypress sound produced by Gboard ? It actually sucks now.

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Universal video downloader?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:43 AM PST

    I have NewPipe for YouTube.

    But is there an app that lets me download from IG, Twitter, and YouTube all together? Without using a third party version of the app (Talon, Fenix, Flamingo, etc)

    submitted by /u/Roy_Kai
    [link] [comments]

    Sweech alternative । File transfer without companion app

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 07:14 AM PST

    Have been using Sweech which transfers files over a http server, but I can't send folders like this: if I have to send a whole folder I've to go into it, and select all the files inside. This will make a zip file and then I can send it through. I need a wifi file transfer app which will allow me to send folders, without making the receiver install an app to receive it.

    submitted by /u/Preformerr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to turn on/use flash during a live video call on snapchat/discord?

    Posted: 08 Feb 2020 03:24 AM PST

    I tried everything but it simply won't let me use flash with the rear cam while on a call..

    Anyone have any idea?

    submitted by /u/EksEss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel