• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, February 16, 2020

    How Has Windows 10 changed since 2015 in terms of features and or under the hood improvements? How does the amount of change compare to the amount of change in a typical three year version (like going Windows 7, to 8, to 10, etc.)? Windows Help

    How Has Windows 10 changed since 2015 in terms of features and or under the hood improvements? How does the amount of change compare to the amount of change in a typical three year version (like going Windows 7, to 8, to 10, etc.)? Windows Help


    How Has Windows 10 changed since 2015 in terms of features and or under the hood improvements? How does the amount of change compare to the amount of change in a typical three year version (like going Windows 7, to 8, to 10, etc.)?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:06 PM PST

    Especially this: which has changed more on Windows: the things you can see and interact with, or under the hood improvements? And by how much?

    submitted by /u/TheTwelveYearOld
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:33 AM PST

    Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.

    EDIT: the problem has disappeared, I'm guessing that changing my account settings worked and it just took time to update. However I will leave the post up in case others have similar problems and this doesn't work for them.

    Hello r/windows:

    Today my Windows 10 PC decided to stop me using Firefox and Chrome. When I try to open them, it comes up with a dialogue box saying I need to ask a family member for permission with a button to email them. Pressing the button just says something went wrong.

    The dialogue box I get.

    I searched for solutions and it suggested that I checked my account's settings. This made sense as the problem started when I updated my account info after changing my password. My account was a child, but I removed myself from the family and set my DOB to 1/1/1905, and the problem persists. I also cleared my AppLocker folder, to no effect.

    I created a local account, and the browsers work on that, so I could switch everything over, but I'd prefer not to. Can anyone help?

    Posted from Edge because that still works (what a massive coincidence!), x-posted to see if anyone else can help

    tl;dr: browsers wouldnt work because family features, no longer in a family, still dont work.

    submitted by /u/drearyplane8
    [link] [comments]

    All my files are gone after taking ownership of the folders in my secondary HDD.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Help me please, ive had this problem for over 4 months now and i tried almost everything from what i know, it will be stuck forever on that blue screen and i cant even reset it. I tried and i kept on telling me that theres an error while resetting the laptop, i got important folders i wanna keep

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 07:34 AM PST

    Windows 7 install

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:47 AM PST

    I'm trying to install Windows 7 on an older machine it's a core 2 duo machine with 2gb of ram and an 80gb he's

    I keep getting this error code 0x800705AA

    I can't figure out why please help

    submitted by /u/terranmarines1
    [link] [comments]

    HP Pavillion x360 only displaying blue screen

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:59 PM PST

    The laptop is displaying a blue screen with literally no text or anything. You can see the cursor though.

    submitted by /u/stall-fest
    [link] [comments]

    how do i figure out if i have a virus and remove it

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:44 PM PST

    i recently used a youtube to mp3 converter, and only afterwards i tried it on virus total (bad move), my computer is slower now, and it was detected on virustotal by 2 softwares, should i be worried, and if so, how do i tell what type of virus it is and how to get rid of it

    submitted by /u/TheSubRedditLurker
    [link] [comments]

    Media center

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 01:48 PM PST

    Hello there, I'm a bit of old school and outdated for technology.
    Currently, I have a computer with windows 10, an apple TV, a PS4 pro, a iPad.
    I would like to access media content like music and videos to watch on my TV.
    Is there anyway I can do it?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/blackcatSVK
    [link] [comments]

    Windows not Auto Detecting USB Flash Drive

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:29 PM PST

    Hello, from out of nowhere, my Windows decided that it doesnt want to detect my USB Flash Drives automatically. Basically i must go to "Device Manager" and "Check for Hardware alterations" (literally translated, but its the 1st right click option).

    Does anyone knows what causes this problem?

    submitted by /u/japa4551
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 detects my devices but won't play sound

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 04:41 PM PST

    Update and restart

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Hello . I tried searching for this odd thing but to no avail . Today I wanted to restart my computer so I clicked the turn off icon from the Start Menu . I expected to see the normal three functions - Shut Down , Restart and Sleep . My options were Shut Down , Update and Restart and Sleep . I find this odd because only the Restart option had the Update . I clicked it and it said "Configuring Windows 10" or something like that , got to 100% then restarted . It now says Working on updates and at the bottom "Your PC will restart several times" . I have never encountered such a thing and I'm wondering if it is normal or not . Sorry if this is not the place to post but I'm a bit worried .

    submitted by /u/HiromiSenpai
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to tell where a windows store application has been installed (what drive)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 05:58 AM PST

    ive gone though the app settings, my "all owned and "installed" list on the store app itself and havent been able to find anything yet.

    submitted by /u/Nexxus88
    [link] [comments]

    Restore default file type

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 03:28 PM PST

    Hey so I have an issue with my PS4 and need to do a system restore update on it using a USB stick. When I downloaded the update file I accidentaly chose to open it with internet explorer and it saves as an explorer file which makes the ps4 not recognize the file when i try to do the update. I just want to be able to download the file again and not have it saved as something it is not!

    submitted by /u/BlueSaintsBCN
    [link] [comments]

    Activation.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 08:46 AM PST

    I'll be upgrading to 10 soon. I've heard that it's possible to use a Windows 7 Key when installing Windows 10. I tried this in VMWare, didn't work (because it's a VM maybe)?

    submitted by /u/asiansensation03
    [link] [comments]

    Can I run this game on my 2018 X360 Envy?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:38 AM PST

    The game minimum requirements:

    • OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64 bit)

    • Processor: 2,6 GHz

    • Memory: 8 GB RAM

    • Graphics: min. 1 GB VRAM (no support for onboard cards)

    • DirectX: Version 11

    • storage 6 GB l

    • Sound: Yes

    MY laptop has:

    Intel R Core TM i5-8250U CPU @ 1,60GHz, 1,80 GHz

    8,00 GB RAM, 7,64 useable

    Can i run this game

    submitted by /u/SverigeEllerByst
    [link] [comments]

    New Edge can't play any videos

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:28 AM PST

    I downloaded the new Chromium-based Edge browser and I'm running into problems playing video. YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc all show black video, however I do get audio.

    I've tried enabling/disabling HW acceleration both in the browser and under Internet Properties in Windows, nothing changes.

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/ThisAcctIsForMyMulti
    [link] [comments]

    3 finger drag multi-select from Mac OS on Windows, does anybody know of any programs that can achieve this?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:13 AM PST

    I tap to click a lot, and the double tap to multi-select is a nightmare when I want to clickly close something, then carry on moving the trackpad. I end up ripping tabs out of my browser and opening a new window, alongside a lot of other irritating stuff.

    Is there any way to port the 3 finger drag function from Mac, or any programs that can achieve this? I've tried using a program called MutliSwipe, but this doesn't really have the desired affect that I was looking for, and only lets me move the active window at that.

    I'm willing to pay at this point for any product that can implement 3 finger drag as well as Mac has it. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Cloud_Motion
    [link] [comments]

    MyPaint v2.0.0 Released

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 11:12 AM PST

    My desktop icons move sometimes

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    I have a League of Legends shortcut followed by an OBS shortcut followed by another League of Legends shortcut. It spells, LOL.

    Yet, either a Windows bug, or a virus writer screwing with me, or someone at Microsoft screwing with me, and the first L gets moved randomly around the screen on reboot.

    submitted by /u/goodnewsjimdotcom
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best FREE windows pc repair tools?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:25 AM PST

    How do I enable the "Its now safe to turn off your computer" message on Windows 10?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 10:14 AM PST

    I recently remembered this feature from old windows versions, and I disovered it it possible to enable on Windows 10, but I cannot find any tutorials on how. Help please.

    submitted by /u/Sergosh21
    [link] [comments]

    autorotate or simple rotation for viewing pictures and movies.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 09:50 AM PST

    I've been using XnView for years because it does a decent job of reading exif info from pictures through all my smart phones and rotates landscape or portrait correctly. It also lets you view videos by pressing the next button like it would a picture. However for videos it does not rotate (at all). I don't know if movies have exif data. Is there a viewer that can rotate video without actually saving it? I know I could watch these videos with media player classic and use rotate with that. I just was hoping there's a media/picture viewer/player out there that does it all and can rotate video too.

    submitted by /u/nexgenasian
    [link] [comments]

    How to become a Windows Pro

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Windows 10 is using 50% of my CPU, tanking my FPS in games. Help?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2020 08:45 AM PST

    Yesterday I was playing ARK with a friend and took a screenshot with the Windows Game Bar. I took a quick look at the CPU+GPU performance and my processor was at 100% while my graphics card was at only 50%, meaning the CPU is the bottleneck. When I opended task manager I saw that ARK was only using 46% of my processor and the other 50ish percent were some random windows processes. Is there a fix? This is really infuriating.

    submitted by /u/Brick_Fish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel