• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Saturday, February 15, 2020

    HD Movies, Light Gaming, Quiet Fans (UK £500)

    HD Movies, Light Gaming, Quiet Fans (UK £500)


    HD Movies, Light Gaming, Quiet Fans (UK £500)

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:56 AM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase:

    Around £500 ish, UK

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.

    2 in 1 would be a bonus, not a necessity though. Semi decent battery!

    How important is weight and thinness to you?

    Would like to look good but not too important

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.

    Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size?

    Ideally 15"+

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming?

    Gaming - Football manager, Prison architect, GTA V offline.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? FPS not important

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?

    Nice screen for Netflix / movies

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    Quiet laptop preferred, no loud / constant fans.

    Will only be used for movies and light gaming.

    submitted by /u/MrBarrySir
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a daily laptop with light gaming. Hopefully one to last quite a few years.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 03:38 AM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: U.S.A. under 2k

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply: Good battery and specs.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Not very important but not negligible

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux: Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put . N/A: Around 15 inches

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run: CSGO

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?: Reliability, good return policy, good warranty policy

    Preferably 16gb of ram

    Must have NVMe slot - I'm okay with a smaller SSD that comes with the laptop since I already have another SSD I would use instead

    Any resolution below 4k at least 1920x1080

    submitted by /u/bitterapplejuice
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a used thinkpad for music production.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:26 AM PST

    Hi guys. Can anyone give me some much appreciated advice? I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 that is getting a bit long of the tooth that I use for Ableton Live 9. It is an i5 2520 and has 4gb of ram. It surprisingly takes most of what I throw at it but I think it is time to graze on to pastures new. I suppose I am a bit of a ThinkPad fanboy and like that there are plenty of options on eBay and the like to buy ex lease ones. Specifically, I have looked at the T480 and it does look rather appealing. I am open to other laptops of equal power, new or second hand. I'm not wanting to change the world, just to run Ableton smoothly and for it to last a few years. I've been lucky as the T420 was purchased for under £100 and has served me well!

    Total budget and country of purchase: £400-£600. UK.

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money, not really fussed about battery life as it will likely be moved around the house.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Not at all.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Just for Ableton Live with a few VSTs. Serum is the most CPU intensive but other than that, mostly the included instruments/effects. Lowest latency is key for me.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Not really, I do like my T420 keyboard but that's just a luxury.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I get myself confused with i5's and i7's and whether to go for an 8th gen or an older H series. I find a lot of conflicting information on the internet which leaves me even more bewildered!

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/spacespaniel
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get the x360 15T this Presidents Day Weekend..

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:32 PM PST

    It's on sale and I'm due for a new laptop. All the ready-to-order ones are sold out but you can still customize your own. I've never customized my own laptop but I'm going with 512GB ssd 32 gb intel optane memory, 16 RAM, 10th gen i7, AMOLED screen 15.6", Nvidia geforce mx250...for around 1300$ with a backpack and the HP pen.

    I'm pretty much a noob at this stuff but I just thought this would be a good place to get some advice! Anyone have this laptop or have any recommendations?

    Fyi, I'm using it for some video/pic editing, movie streaming ,browsing, some gaming (nothing too heavy)..a little bit of everything pretty much. Hoping to make it last a solid 10 years or so :)

    submitted by /u/shimmyshimmyrabinho
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop for hobbies. Workstation vs gaming vs generic

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:02 PM PST

    Hello friends,

    I am looking for a new laptop. On my old laptop I dabbled a little in photoshop, illustrator, animation, programming... I like to test things out and see what I can make. I even played a few games on it even though i have a gaming desktop.

    My old laptop is a bit outdated and is slowing down.

    I'm looking for a new general use laptop that can handle some serious(and not so serious) professional software of various purposes. I want something that will last a little while and that I can take to a coffeeshop or wherever. My budget is about $400-$1200

    I've been looking around and I found some great looking laptops. A few really good deals are on hp right now for a laptop with I7 10th gen, ssd, 16g ddr4, a crappy video card, and a1080p monitor - $700

    After further research I thoroughly confused myself by looking at "workstation laptops" and then trying to research what it takes to run professional software like photoshop, animation software, video editing software... but I can't find anything that makes sense to me.

    Do I need a video card? Do I need lots and lots of ram? Do I need a newer processor or a good one at all? What should be my priorities?

    And lastly does anyone recommend any specific brands or laptops?

    submitted by /u/Gold_Role
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a simple laptop mostly for Photoshop please help!

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Hello everyone! Apologies in advanced if I formatted incorrectly. I found this subreddit and its been really helpful but I am a complete and total novice when it comes to computer specs and everything. I am looking for a computer mostly to do basic photoshop and some video editing. My range is between 600-800 and I have actually looked at some suggestions previously given from other people. I was hoping I could get any kind of insight from these 4 options I currently have. Thank you!

    Acer Spin 3

    HP Pavillion

    Acer Spin 3 Convertible

    Acer Aspire 5

    submitted by /u/gnomee14
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a laptop for uni

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:56 PM PST

    So I'm doing a bachelor of education where we mainly focus on IT and Visual Communications subjects. I currently have a HP Pavilion x360 but its slow and has a few problems and won't run certain programs. What would you guys recommend?

    I live in Melbourne, Australia. I don't really want a 2 in 1 and I don't want it to be really heavy cause I want to travel with it. Windows would be preferable and I have no preferred screen size. I believe I will be doing photo editing and running other design programs and I do want to play some games on it, mostly League of Legends. As long as the game doesn't freeze up on me I don't have a problem with FPS. My budget is $2000

    submitted by /u/MDeeks1999
    [link] [comments]

    Asus Rog Strix G G531GT (i5-93000h/16504go/15.6) or Asus Rog Strix 3 G731 (i79750h/1660ti6go/17.3) ?

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:32 AM PST

    Both laptops have 120hz refresh rate and 552goSSD. The 17.3 has had his ram extended from 8 to 16, while the G531 has only 4. Both are 950e and very slightly used. I mostly want to know about the difference between the graphic cards and what can be conjectured for the performance, is it significant ? Apart from that only the size/weight will informe my choosing but if people have return on those products or anything they'd like to say, I am also trying to gather as much review as possible. ty.

    submitted by /u/Rezzz27
    [link] [comments]

    [UK][£350][14"] Homework, emails and browsing the internet for an 11 year old.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 02:19 AM PST

    • Total budget and country of purchase: £350/ UK

    • Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money.

    • How important is weight and thinness to you? N/A

    • Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows

    • Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. 14"

    • Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. None

    • If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Web/flash based browser games. MS Office.

    • Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Blueooth audio output for headphones, FHD screen.

    • Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion.

    I've been looking at something like the Lenovo Ideapads, the 4gb or 8gb 330s.

    submitted by /u/Jaraxo
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a laptop good for both gaming and productivity for school, in the range of 1200-1600USD.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2020 01:33 AM PST

    Total budget and country of the purchase: 1600USD, United States

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply: Don't need a 2 in 1, battery life is a priority form factor should be reasonable, and specs are important to me, with a good dedicated GPU and CPU a must.

    How important is weight and thinness to you?: Not that important but it should be well able to fit a normal school bookbag easily.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux: Windows

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want: CSGO, RL, and Euroscope(atc sim very light), very good at 100+ would be fine.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run: Basic E-Sport titles such as CSGO, RL, and some software sich as Photoshop, Sketchup.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad): A good per key rgb keyboard is a must with a good-sized right shift key, I really do not want a plastic laptop and a touchscreen would be nice, but not necessary. Do not want finderprint reader but windows hello would be fine.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad): A good per-key RGB keyboard is a must with a good-sized right shift key, I really do not want a plastic laptop and a touchscreen would be nice, but not necessary. Do not want fingerprint reader but windows hello would be fine. A touchscreen would be nice but not a requirement.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion: I would be fine with a renewed computer or past gen that is directly from Amazon Renewed or the company that made the laptop. I'm on the fence with 4k so I'm down as long as it's not massively overpriced compared to a 1080p option(1080 144hz). I like both Razer and Gigabytes offerings but down to other brands. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/alxandr4253
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a gaming laptop

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:33 PM PST

    Hello, first time posting here.

    So, I've been looking for some laptops, in particular use for gaming. I've been to the local electronic stores and been asking about stuff, but I am really not sure which one to go for, because they say so differently, so I'll try my luck here.

    The thing is I got some recommendations to some laptops which they meant it was good, but when I used a website to check bottleneck for GPU and CPU together, the website says a bit different than what I've been told. I'll just post the specs of those gaming laptops I've been recommended by the stores down below

    #1 laptop, OMEN BY HP 15-DC1046NO 15,6" :

    • 15,6" full HD IPS 144 Hz (1920 x 1080)
    • Intel Core i5-9300H (2,4 GHz, 4 cores)
    • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB GDDR6)
    • Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 256 GB M.2 SSD

    Link :

    https://www.power.no/data-og-tilbehoer/pc/baerbar-pc/omen-by-hp-15-dc1046no-156-laptop/p-991169/?q=omen

    #2 laptop, Acer Nitro 7 15,6":

    • 15,6" full HD IPS 144Hz (1920 x 1080)
    • Intel® Core™ i5-9300H processor (2,4 GHz, 4 cores)
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, 4 GB
    • 8 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD

    Link:

    https://www.elkjop.no/product/data/barbar-pc/39590/acer-nitro-7-15-6-barbar-gaming-pc-sort

    #3 laptop, CEPTER GAMING X540-01 15,6" :

    • 15,6" full HD IPS 144 Hz (1920 x 1080)
    • Intel Core i7 8750H (2,2 GHz, 6 cores)
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5)
    • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 512 GB SSD

    Link:

    https://www.power.no/data-og-tilbehoer/pc/baerbar-pc/cepter-gaming-x540-01-156-i7-gtx1060-baerbar-pc/p-966692/

    So from what I've been told, is that the number #3 laptop is the one I should go for, because all the parts are most compatible to each other, rather than the #1 laptop because the GPU is much stronger than the CPU and it will cause a "bottleneck".

    The price difference is that #1 and #3 is exactly the same price (for now) and #2 is around 100 euro cheaper.

    Sry about the long post. Gonna go to bed now, but will answer tomorrow if there's anything missing! Thanks in advance.

    EDIT: typo

    EDIT 2: Should've absolutely provided links to the laptops in the first place.

    submitted by /u/LocoeX
    [link] [comments]

    General Use Laptop, USD $850

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:28 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: $850 USD (hoping for something closer to $600)

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? 2 in 1 sounds fun but not necessary

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Not terribly important.

    Which OS do you require? Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? 15 in.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. N/A

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    Any specific requirements? Reputable brand, good keyboard, materials that hold up (I'm not the most gentle person with my laptop). The general purpose is to use the laptop for remote computing for work. I need a device that will work fast and allow me to jump around quickly. I don't want it to start slowing down within months- would love it to last me at least the next 4 years. It will need to be able to hold up to doing 10 hrs of work a day (but I can remain plugged in for most of the time). If I could watch Netflix on it that would be great.

    Also, I have a portable monitor that I got a few months ago to use as a second monitor, hoping new laptop will be compatible with it, but I wouldn't compromise quality of laptop just for that reason.

    2nd monitor details: Lepow 4.5 out of 5 stars 1,569 Reviews Portable Monitor - Lepow 15.6 Inch Computer Display 1920×1080 Full HD IPS Screen USB C Gaming Monitor with Type-C Mini HDMI for Laptop PC MAC Phone Xbox PS4, Include Smart Cover & Screen Protector

    I'm hoping to find a good Presidents Day deal and pick it up this weekend. Bonus points if you can send me in the right direction of where to buy :)

    Thanks so much for all your help!

    submitted by /u/nomorer
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop specs for editing (video, photo) and illustrating

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:29 PM PST

    Excuse for the grammar errors

    And maybe recommend some laptop unit too?

    Total budget and country of purchase: ~494usd or less (P25,000) // Philippines

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? why not, must be durable

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Nothing too heavy

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. I mostly use Windows. Mac is usually expensive

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. >15"

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Video and photo editing. Illustrating, maybe try animating. Maybe PS, Premier Pro, Illustrator, Clip Studio, etc

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? /I'll think abt it

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Reputable brand and durable product

    submitted by /u/inkbw
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a non-gaming high performance Laptop.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:25 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: $900, US. Willing to adjust for desired specs.

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I am looking for the best specifications for the money.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Not important.

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Chrome OS, Linux. Windows only.

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. Would like it to remain in the 15.6" area but not entirely picky.

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I will need video (and audio) editing, but I'm not a gamer.

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? NA

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I don't want touch screen. I would like back-lit keyboard, and SSD if possible, but neither are deal breakers. Reliability of the hardware in terms of quality and it's ability to remain relevant for as many years as possible.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. Essentially looking to get the best package possible for processing power/speed and reliability while sustaining a clean and professional look. I would prefer to get a laptop with specs that won't be dated too quickly. Would like the ability to run high demand and process intensive software if needed in the future.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GrumpyRPGReviews
    [link] [comments]

    Gaming & General Use

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:16 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: 1200-1700, USD

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. best specs for the money

    How important is weight and thinness to you? not at all

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. smaller the better without sacrificing any power, i will be hooking up to an external monitor for any uses where i would care

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. i want to be able to run games at pretty good settings for the next few years at least. if it can't run at the top top settings, that's fine, i just don't want any slowdown when playing at a medium to high level

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? i actually don't play many games at all, but would like to. luckily, i'm not that big on hi end graphics games. my main concern is running well, and running without any lag.

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? i want the laptop to be overall reliable. i use external usb mouse and keyboard for most stuff. also, USB-C is pretty important.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. would prefer suggestions at lower end of cost range, but would be willing to go over if the community thinks there is a big jump in functionality within the range.

    Thanks to anyone who provides advice!

    submitted by /u/dooblyd
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for laptop, simple gaming, videos etc at a budget

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 07:23 PM PST

    Hi im looking for a laptop thats roughly anywhere from 500-650ish i would like not to go over that.

    I plan on some easy gaming( dark souls, smite etc?) / movie/show watching/ browsing etc some

    I do have a micro center in town that i could go to... Im in USA if that helps.

    was looking at the MSI GF63 thin... Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/nkdrew
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a general purpose laptop, with some light gaming

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I'm looking to replace my aging PC with a well-built general purpose laptop that will last a while. Open to spending up to $1k USD.

    I don't like big gaudy gaming rigs, I'm looking for something relatively light, thin, modern, with decent battery life, but the ability to play games (mostly Civ 6, but I sometimes dabble in FPSs). I don't really have the need for a powerhouse that is heavy and has terrible battery life. But I also don't want it to be obsolete and struggling within a couple of years.

    This will mostly just be used at home, something in the 15.6 size range.

    16GB RAM at a minimum.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/zumin3k
    [link] [comments]

    This is a steal, right?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 11:03 PM PST

    So I found this laptop on Newegg and just need some help determining because I'm pretty sure but not 100%, this is an insanely good deal right?

    https://www.newegg.com/black-msi-gl-series-gl73-9sc-027-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834155242

    submitted by /u/fournormal702
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a decent laptop to take on the road with me

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 10:58 PM PST

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:** Somewhere around $500; US

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.** Best specs for money

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?** Not important

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.** Windows

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.** Around 14"

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.** Photoshop, Classic WoW with a couple of addons

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?** Mainly just Classic WoW and other games that are not difficult for a low/middle end computer to run; they can just run at a consistent 60, not planning on doing any FPS

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?** A good keyboard would be nice and a touch screen would be nice but the touch screen is definitely not needed whatsoever

    submitted by /u/vict0rem
    [link] [comments]

    This laptop for C.S?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:41 PM PST

    I was searching for a laptop that I can use for note taking, but also for light gaming. I came across this laptop : Lenovo Flex 14 2 in 1 convertible laptop with Ryzen 5 3500u with Vega 8 iGpu, 12GB ddr4 ram, and 256gb NVME SSD (plus pen included). So I was wondering could this be the laptop I could use for my needs? I will also take suggestions. (Also if you're asking about budget, I'm not willing to waste more than $600 on a laptop)

    submitted by /u/Butt3r3d_Toast
    [link] [comments]

    Thin and light laptop for studying and League of Legends

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:31 PM PST

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    UAE, $1400 USD (5000 AED), although this is my max budget id prefer not spending over a $1000.

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    Best Battery Life without sacrificing too much performance, min 16 GB RAM, wifi 6, no AMD devices please. min of 5+ hours on battery power with 50-60% brightness

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    Very important, I want to be able to carry out in one hand and not have it + power supply be too heavy when travelling (i travel quite a bit)

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    Windows only

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    15.6" and 144 Hz or 100 Hz

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    Mainly League of Legends, no editing or CAD.

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    League of Legends on High/Very High Settings (not lower than 100 FPS pref)

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    I would prefer the laptop have a business / professional look with minimal logos and stickers, super thing and light. Im talking like not heavier than 4.5 lbs. I would also like the finishing to not be a fingerprint magnet. prefer to have it in a black color.

    For inputs it should have at least 2 USB-A, a thunderbolt port, HDMI port, and an ethernet jack. USB-C charging is a big big plus. Should have at least 1 TB of SSD storage or both SSD and HDD compatible

    submitted by /u/8baked17
    [link] [comments]

    SONYA6300 HEAVY 4K/1080P VIDEO EDITING LAPTOP

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:29 PM PST

    * **Total budget and country of purchase:**

    -BRAZIL, R$7000/12000-

    * **Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply.**

    -good battery life and best specifications for the money-

    * **How important is weight and thinness to you?**

    -Pretty important, im a videographer/photographer that uses notebook on location and may have to travel, doing work on travel may be good but not critical. I could deal with a bulk, but would appreciate to go thin.-

    * **Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux.**

    -Mac or Win, i'm more familiar with win but can deal with whatever will perform better for me-

    * **Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A.**

    -N/A-

    * **Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run.**

    -Photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop. Sometimes huge amount of pics 400-1000 in Lightroom doing just small adjustments. Some times much work on specific picture on Photoshop.
    Video Editing: I edit sony a6300 footage (4k and 120fps and DJI Mavic Air 4k 30fps. Being able to edit 4k is very important, also enjoy using flat profiles like s-log 2. I mostly use Premiere Pro. I do not use to work on long videos, its mostly short 1/2 minutes videos, but i do intend to do heavy edits.
    This is basically my process: Time remap, nest, warp stabilizer, nest, time remaping, color grading, denoiser/sharpening.
    And over it (or below idk) i do vfx, transitions, gitches, distortion, etc. Sometimes i use Dynamic Link with After Effects to do those effects there.
    I work with Time Lapses some times, those are 6000x4000pixels resolution. It vary from 400-3000 pictures. I process my pictures on LRTimelapse and Light Room. Then export full resolution file to edit in premiere or after effects. Where i might do stabilization, reframe keyframes, masks and color grading. (I don't expect a laptop that can do it fastly or flawlessly.)-

    * **If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?**

    -not much worried about games-

    * **Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?**

    -Good touchpad would be nice, not essential. Good audio speaker would be good, not essential. Build Quality would be key, definetly want something that can least.-

    * **Right now im using a Dell Inspiron 7472 with i7 8550u, 16gb ddr4, a mx150-0 graphics, and a ssd m.2 1tb. I'm kind of frustated with my purchase and the capabilities of this model. It really can do the job done, and i've been working on it for more than a year, but it's really limited, and i'm trying to go further and further on my edit, i'm having to play safe on the editing progam cause it can't deliver the jobs in time if i abuse. I hate that, when i try to edit time lapses takes days. Is it possible to have it on the go? Please give me options, what are the best i will be able to get portable, what is the options on my sweet spot, sorry for any mistakes it's my first post. **

    submitted by /u/cariapoena
    [link] [comments]

    need a laptop for school and gaming, thank you.

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 09:25 PM PST

    hi guys/girls, I have already put a request on this subreddit but after doing some thinking and very basic googling I have slightly changed my requirements so I decided to make a new post. thanks for helping me out.Total budget and country of the purchase: total budget is 1700usd but I could probably go 1800 if it was worth it (under is ok if it is better) and Australia is country of purchase

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. I don't really care about 2 in 1 but I would like good battery life for the school portion of the use (at least 4 hours) but I would definitely like the best specs for the money.

    How important is weight and thinness to you? fairly important as I have to carry around all day and ride to school but if it is a difference of 200 grams and a better laptop then go for the better laptop

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. whichever is best but I have always liked windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. more than 14 inches and probably less than 18Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. Microsoft word, google chrome, steam, Netflix, discord and gaming (see below

    )If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? Minecraft on good settings (with intense mods and texture packs and high view distance/graphics) at least 40 fps but would like higher, older games like portal 1 and 2, half-life 1 and 2 at high fps with best settings, GTA V with good settings at high fps same for the witcher 3, but I would also like recent AAA games to be playable on good settings.

    Any specific requirements such as a good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? I would like a good keyboard that is comfortable and sounds good, good/reliable build quality would be nice, I would also like a few USB options and a microphone jack. I am indifferent on touch-screen/fingerprint reader but for an extra 50 dollars, I would get them.

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. thanks for helping me out as I am pretty uneducated when it comes to good technology but wanted to end up with a good reliable laptop for my school and gaming needs. :)

    submitted by /u/lbhertnl
    [link] [comments]

    Is MOTILE my best bet for a cheap sub 3 pound laptop?

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:37 PM PST

    My wife has a few requirements for her laptop. We're in the US.

    -Windows 10 home or pro. -Must weigh less than 3 pounds. -Must be 1080p or better. -She'll use it for general internet and for connecting to her work's remote website. (which requires Windows to work properly)

    Those are fixed requirements. She's not willing to compromise on them. So I've been looking around for a few days when I ran across this Walmart brand laptop.

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/MOTILE-14-Performance-Laptop-FHD-AMD-Ryzen-5-Radeon-Vega-8-Graphics-THX-Spatial-Audio-Tuned-THX-display-8GB-RAM-256GB-SSD-HDMI-Front-720p-HD-IR-Camer/979627450?selected=true

    Is this a good laptop? Seems like a steal. Other laptops in the sub 3 pound range were running me twice as much! She won't be using this laptop more than 4-5 times a month, as she uses her iPad/iPhone for all her daily activities. I'm getting this for her so she no longer has to sit down at her old desktop to do the few things she needs Windows for.

    submitted by /u/Riash
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptops right now? Beginning research based graduate program and looking for reliability

    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Total budget and country of purchase: $500-800 USA

    Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply. Best specs for the money, something that will last 5-7 years

    How important is weight and thinness to you? Thin preferred, not required

    Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux. Prefer Windows

    Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A. N/A

    Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run. I may run some mathematical simulations, but it may not be anything above and beyond normal use

    If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want? N/A

    Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)? Reliable, strong build, excellent typing (for research papers)

    Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion. I am starting a PhD soon in a science discipline. I'm looking for a new laptop that will help with studies and writing.

    submitted by /u/quirkymonster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel