• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, February 6, 2020

    Essential phone stuck on boot logo screen since I install the January security update. How do I fix it? Android Help

    Essential phone stuck on boot logo screen since I install the January security update. How do I fix it? Android Help


    Essential phone stuck on boot logo screen since I install the January security update. How do I fix it?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:05 PM PST

    How to unpack and edit an Android Database file?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:53 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm just trying to get my data from an unrooted phone, then transfer it to another device.

    Specifically, I'm trying to preserve a call recording app. On the old device, calls are stored on an SDcard, so the app looks there to enable playback. The call notes and other details can be restored to the new device (also unrooted) but playback of the call files can't occur. I opened up the .ab for the call app in notepad++ and found amongst the jumble of data some file directories associated with calls pointing to the SDcard. The app doesn't seem to have a way to reorient existing call notes to new file directories, i.e. say 'hey call recorder app, you made some files on this other phone, and I want to you recognize them'.

    So, I know in order to transfer to a device without an sdcard, or even with a different sdcard, I need to edit the app files which dictate where to look for the call files.

    I used ADB to backup the app files. I unpacked the .ab to a .tar and can open it up in 7-zip. So I have the .db files and other files. I was hoping for something easy to modify, just open up in notepad++, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

    I've really wandered about trying to get this done. So I'd appreciate any advise.

    Edit:

    Thanks. I was able to use SQLite browser to open it up.
    Looks like I'll be able to get this done.

    You've all been a great help.

    submitted by /u/MakesNotSense
    [link] [comments]

    Status bar in Multiwindow

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:07 PM PST

    I used to really enjoy that multiwindow hid the status bar. Got a bit more screen room out of it and you barely ever need that information anyway.

    However, since one of the newer updates, multiwindow doesn't hide the bar anymore. Is there any way to change that?

    I'm on a Galaxy J5 on the latest updates and version of Android.

    submitted by /u/NickRedMachine
    [link] [comments]

    Somehow "beamed" content from my phone to laptop, not sure how

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:00 PM PST

    I was browsing Twitter at work today and must have pressed a combination of buttons. The screen zoomed out and then had a little animation, almost like I screenshotted but not quite. Then, I saw a notification on my work laptop (that I have never connected to my phone) asking if I would like to receive the content. It appears that I shared it to my computer.

    I have absolutely no idea how I did this, and I can't make it happen through the share option. There's a "send to device" share option but that isn't the same. I'm thinking it must be Android beam or what is now fast share?

    So, does anyone know what exactly this is called and how to recreate it? I have Android 10 on a Galaxy S10.

    submitted by /u/UltraCitron
    [link] [comments]

    The Google Chrome Duet Flag changed

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:29 AM PST

    Samsung Note 9. Woke up this morning, opened chrome, and the task bar and all that good stuff wasn't at the bottom anymore. Going to the Flags I can't change it back either. Anyone have any input?

    submitted by /u/THIESN123
    [link] [comments]

    Minimizing app

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:09 PM PST

    Is there a way to allow apps the continue running while minimized? The apps currently pause / freeze there when I hit the home button.

    submitted by /u/TenBenthousand
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to answer location prompts from websites

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:47 PM PST

    So, when I go to a website that wants to know my location, I can no longer answer the prompt to allow or deny.

    I'm running the most recent updates on a Note 10. Looks like Android 10.

    submitted by /u/Jaymez82
    [link] [comments]

    Ghetto ass nexus 6 problems. Reboots itself multiple times for no reason. Randomly crashes. Randomly won't keep a charge. Burns through battery life.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:45 PM PST

    Ghetto ass nexus 6 problems. Reboots itself multiple times for no reason. Randomly crashes. Randomly won't keep a charge. Burns through battery life. And doesn't show the right battery amount.

    Several years ago after google dropped nexus 6 support, have been having to nurse my POS "phone" along. Started with a flash of Lineage for Oreo so as I can keep using it. around October 2019 went to Pixel dust suposedlly stable ROM for Pie. Worked "fine" (Got slower and slower) till last week it started having a spaz. And would reboot over and over and over again. Anything with floating notifacations or to many notifications will crash this POS.

    My question is: what ideas do people have to keep the zombie lurching along just enough till I can get to T-Mobile for a new phone.

    My hunch is to go to a Oreo Rom might help

    Question: what Custom ROMs for Oreo to use? What else can I do as well?

    submitted by /u/gorkx
    [link] [comments]

    Play Store stuck pending downloads

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:18 PM PST

    I can't install any updates because they're all stuck with the message pending downloads. From everything I've seen online it is suggested to clear the cache and data but both of these options are greyed out. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do? I also have Aurora Store installed but it can't handle purchased apps.

    submitted by /u/kreugerburns
    [link] [comments]

    Phone was accidentally sold with data

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:40 PM PST

    My wife went to go sell her old Android Nougat phone that has been sitting for months unused, and it sold within 48 hours of listing online. We were so excited to ship it out, we threw it into a box and sent it on its way that same day. It wasn't until a few days later I realized- WE NEVER ACTUALLY POWERED IT ON TO WIPE DATA OFF IT!!

    What can I do to protect her information (Google logins etc) that won't also brick the phone? I tried reaching out to the buyer to make sure they got it but he doesn't seem to respond to emails (I asked a question about some accessories I'd throw in the box that we won't need like screen protectors, and didn't get a response to that either).

    What are our options here?

    submitted by /u/NonEdish
    [link] [comments]

    On my Galaxy S10e, the first time I opened developer options the Auto System Update was enabled, but when I disabled developer options it also has been disabled (like if "OFF" was its default state). How can I switch it on again without enabling developer options?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:23 PM PST

    The first time I opened Developer options on my Galaxy S10e the "Auto Update System" flag was enabled. However, as soon as I disabled Developer options the Auto Update System flag has been disabled.

    Now, if I let developer options disabled, even Auto System Update stays disabled.

    To me it happens what is also happening in this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/d_QF5BR_dv4 . At second 0:43 the guy is entering developer options and Auto Update System is enabled, but as soon as it turns the mode OFF so does Auto Update System.

    How can I revert back the Auto Update System setting to make it stay enabled even without developer options?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/rickydal
    [link] [comments]

    Allow apps while locked

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:58 PM PST

    Hey all, I found the setting to change which apps appear on the lock screen. The problem is the apps won't run unless I unlock the phone first, making that customization nearly useless. Specifically I want to allow OpenCamera to run while my Galaxy S6 is locked. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/Skorso
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an Android 10 glitch?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:42 PM PST

    Is this an Android 10 glitch?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:42 PM PST

    Question about the Samsung A51 charger.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:06 AM PST

    I want to use the usb type c cable that comes with th a51 for my nintendo switch but im afraid it would be too much power for the switch to handle. What i mean is, is the 3 pronged port doing the fast charging? Or is it the cable? Or both? and will it ruin my switch if i connect the cable to a powerbank?

    submitted by /u/Iron_Archer
    [link] [comments]

    Gmail notifications

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 11:41 PM PST

    I don't get notifications for new emails until I open the Gmail app. It worked fine before, but I don't know what happened.

    What could be the problem?

    submitted by /u/SuperNovaBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get a Pixel 3a XL? (Context below)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:54 AM PST

    Hey y'all!

    I've had my Pixel 2 XL for just under a year and half, and it's completely wrecked. Regular crashes, screen overlay caused by cracking (which is so expensive to repair I won't bother), the fingerprint pad has stopped working, the camera-software link is bugged, assistant is super slow, etc etc...

    I have a couple of ideas why this has all happened:

    • I'm a klutz. No seriously, everything I touch breaks. All 5 phones I've owned in my lifetime have had a screen crack, even pre-smartphone, I've broken over 25 charger cables and 8 pairs of headphones or earphones, every singly piece of tech I order breaks without fail. It's happened to products from Apple, Google, Samsung, Anker, and many other companies. There is no other limiting factor here - I'm just a fucking clumsy shit. I've learned to accept this - I buy charger cables and cheap earphones in bulk, and I prepare myself with large warranties for items I buy. I'm saying this so y'all don't point the finger at the phone for breaking so easily.
    • I bought it second hand in a "great" condition (from a website where "flawless" was the best available option), on black friday, so I got it for £450 with 3 months warranty. Great deal, but it clearly hasn't paid off.
    • I've dropped it between 200 and 300 times. No seriously. I'll attach a picture of my battered as fuck case if you guys want. Not only am I clumsy, but I have autism and one of my "stims" is to flip whatever I'm holding and catch it. That goes exactly as well as you think it does.

    So, to keep myself in the Google ecosystem, and away from the Apple one, I've decided to buy a newer Google phone sometime in the near future when I can afford it, or, if my situation gets dire and the phone goes kaput, to use my overdraft (don't worry, it's fee-free, I'm a student), to buy one soon.

    I have really big hands, so I would naturally go for an XL model. The 2 XL fits me like a glove.

    So, my options are:

    • Pixel 3a XL
    • Pixel 4 XL (bit pricey though innit)
    • Pixel 4a (rumored to not have an XL counterpart, and also won't be available for several months to come)
    • Some other phone or solution which you're welcome to suggest to me in the comments

    I'm a fan of the 3a/4a line due to my ability to get an actual new phone, rather than preowned, for a reasonable price, but if I have to spend over £400 to avoid further long term costs I'm happy to try.

    If it'll influence your advice, here are some things I like about the 2 XL:

    • Love the big screen
    • Active edge is great! (wish they'd given apps access to it though - same with swiping on the finger pad)
    • Hi res screen and camera are a huge +, especially night sight
    • Massive fan of quick access to android updates
    • Durable as fuck - at least in my experience (I use a caseology case if that means anything to y'all)

    My gut instinct is the 3a XL, but I'm interested to hear your advice!

    submitted by /u/SeanOTRS
    [link] [comments]

    Are there android emulators on android?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:23 PM PST

    I don't use Google Play Services due to privacy reasons. I do have some banking apps that need Google Play Services to work. I have tried MicroG, but it did not work. Are there emulators on the android platform itself that would allow me to run the apps there?

    submitted by /u/LogDotAlpha
    [link] [comments]

    Moving to a new ROM, need help.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 12:01 PM PST

    So I'm currently running Evolution X on my Mi 9t Pro, it's good but not stable, some apps crash when I open them, Gcam crashes far too often to be usable, and some other apps either open with black bars on the side, and or opens into a black screen with "Starting..." On the top left of the screen. If there is a way too fix all that then I'd rather do that, but arm it seems like my best option is too move too a new ROM.

    I was thinking of choosing Lineage, which I have used on my old A7 2017, I really liked it but was disappointed with the lack of features.

    Would you guys recommend lineage as a good stable ROM, or should I maybe go for something else.

    If you are using lineage 17, dose it support updating through the settings of the ROM or do I have to download updates off the internet and install em?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/liamJmic
    [link] [comments]

    App suggestions

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:05 AM PST

    I recently Flashed my Redmi 5 Plus with Android Q based Havoc OS. Now I just need good Gallery and Music Apps to go with it.

    Any suggestions will be useful.

    Additionally if anyone has any work around for mic and USB File transfer bug with every Android 10 based Rom out there, do let me know.

    Mic Bug: Mic works fine during calls and on Google assistant but refuses to work with some 3rd party apps like WhatsApp. Voice notes in WhatsApp are always blank after I record them.

    File Transfer Bug: Can't transfer files from PC. Phone doesn't show up in Computer. Keep in mind that USB cable is working fine because I can use ADB.

    Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

    submitted by /u/TeeTipu
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me work out what's wrong with my volume

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:03 AM PST

    Sometimes I'll be listening to Spotify with my earbuds and it's all good and great and it warns me about going too loud sometimes and when I get it to about half way it's on the loud side. Then like the next day I could do it and the volume at half is quite soft. I have to turn the volume up all the way.

    I'm on a Google pixel 2 running the latest update thing

    Most of the time the volume warning doesn't come up (with doesn't bother me but I thought I should mention it)

    submitted by /u/helpimdumby
    [link] [comments]

    I want to flash a custom rom onto my OPPO a5 2020 phone - but I can't find a single one for this device

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:34 AM PST

    I don't mind which custom rom - I mainly want to get rid of ColorOs and its bloatware. I am new to this, so looking for some clear instructions. I am happy to mess up the phone a bit to learn - it was a temp phone while I got my old one back over insurance. I gather its not ok to use a custom rom made for a different devise, but is there a more generic thing I can do?

    submitted by /u/lpdm1993
    [link] [comments]

    Sister's Tablet Won't Charge or Turn on.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:51 AM PST

    So, last night, my sister was using her tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0) and it was at about 80%. She was also playing a game on her PC, so she wasn't entirely focused on her tablet. Then, it just died.

    My sister tried holding down the power button, nothing happened. She tried plugging it into the computer, it didn't recognize it. She tried plugging it and leaving it to charge until this morning, still dead.

    Does anyone know what's going on with it and how to fix it? My guess is theres something wrong with its battery, but I'm not sure.

    submitted by /u/_Error__404_
    [link] [comments]

    My Huawei p20 pro created .jpg.enc files

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:59 AM PST

    So i got a new phone, did a backup with Hisuite for all files and because the screen is completely broken now i cant access the P20 anymore.

    The backed up photo files are now encrypted and i dont now how i can encrypt these photos.

    I cant open them on my Pc.

    Does anyone know how to decrypt the jpg.enc files?

    submitted by /u/955StarPooper
    [link] [comments]

    Pop-ups on home screen

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:04 AM PST

    Currently on Android 9 with a red magic 3. A few days ago I started to get these weird pop-ups and I am not sure what has caused them or how to get rid of them any help would be appreciated.https://imgur.com/gallery/6OMCDKK

    submitted by /u/billnye90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel