• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    My notification bar started hiding whenever I was on the my home screen after I accidentally pressed something while falling asleep. How do I revert this? Android Help

    My notification bar started hiding whenever I was on the my home screen after I accidentally pressed something while falling asleep. How do I revert this? Android Help


    My notification bar started hiding whenever I was on the my home screen after I accidentally pressed something while falling asleep. How do I revert this?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:23 PM PST

    Calls from different sources showing up under the same incorrect name

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    For about the past year, several incoming calls from different sources are showing up as coming from, let's say, Janice. Janice is an actual contact, though the last time she called me was over 2 years ago.

    Her name appears most of the time when I get calls from unknown numbers, both spam and legitimate. But it also comes up when I get calls from people I know, have saved as contacts, and whose name comes up correctly some of the time. For instance, sometimes my dad shows up as Dad, and sometimes he shows up as Janice, so I never really know who is calling when her name appears. I just know that it is probably not actually Janice.

    I am using a first generation Google Pixel XL on Google Fi. I haven't been able to find any similar problems, so I haven't tried much. But since it's been an ongoing problem, I have restarted my phone and cleared the cache, browsing history, etc. in the time since it started.

    Edit: As far as I have noticed, incoming calls are all labeled properly when using hangouts on Chrome from my Chromebook or desktop.

    submitted by /u/PetuniaPetunia
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing Help - ODIN - S10 5G

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:17 PM PST

    So I have very clearly flashed the wrong files. I am not familiar with flashing Samsung files via ODIN BUT have correctly managed to flash ATT firmware to my VZW S10 5G but in doing so went from Android 10 to Android 9.

    Can anyone here make heads or tails of what I did and which files I should flash to get to Android 10 while maintaining ATT firmware?

    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10-5g/how-to/g977u-retail-stock-firmware-links-t3929367/post81355225#post81355225

    Anyone that can help on this New Years Eve would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SyCoREAPER
    [link] [comments]

    Pop up message "please delete this message and reboot the phone"

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:19 PM PST

    I've been getting a pop up message repeatedly that says "delete this message and reboot this phone"

    I have no reason to reboot the phone so sorta worried I might have malware

    Anyone seen something like this before?

    Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/EJ04gqi.jpg

    submitted by /u/Call_Me_ZG
    [link] [comments]

    App to lock mobile data? I know, asked a million times.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:29 PM PST

    What applock application will actual lock mobile data? I have tried 8 of the "top" one, and they don't do it.I tried the 'access point names' edit, but Bell locked that part of the sim I think.

    I don't want to have to root my device.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/NickDandy
    [link] [comments]

    Google feed Android 10

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:40 PM PST

    Since I upgraded to Android 10 my Google feed shows significantly less news for me , It's like a third from what it used to show, Anyone with a fix ?

    submitted by /u/tallithehut
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7t pro, android system area using 43GB?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:27 PM PST

    Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/wrestlingphotog
    [link] [comments]

    Factory Unlocked vs Carrier Unlocked

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:23 AM PST

    Preface: I am NOT interested in the respect to unlocking the bootloader.

    I know that factory unlocked phones typically will work with any US carrier. While obviously carrier phones are locked to that network.

    So my question is this. I have an S10+ and an S10 5G, both are paid off. If I have the carrier unlock them, will I be able to use them on any carrier I want?

    I specifically want to use them on Fi. I looked at the bands that the phones support vs what Fi requires and it's close enough a match that I am willing to try it.

    submitted by /u/SyCoREAPER
    [link] [comments]

    QuickSwitch without root...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:26 PM PST

    Is there any way to get QuickSwitch on a Huawei phone without root?

    I am using the Lawnchair v2 as my launcher and would like to get QuickSwitch.

    I can make do with any other recent apps too...

    (My phone is not rooted or bootloader unlocked)

    submitted by /u/sid_raj7
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to delete contacts.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 12:46 PM PST

    I see this annoying message saying read-only contacts can only be hidden and not deleted. For some of the contacts, I was able to get them deleted from contacts.google.com, but others are just stuck on my phone, which I can only hide. I unlinked the contacts I wanted to remove, but all of them still say that they're read-only and can only be hidden. How can I get rid of them? Help me! Also, Happy New Year!

    submitted by /u/mrillusi0n
    [link] [comments]

    Accessing XPERIA Z4 tablet with broken touch screen

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:20 PM PST

    Hello. Recently I have broken my Xperai Z4 tablet's touchscreen. I need to access it to get back some information that cannot get transferred. I've already tried using software that would of controlled it from my computer, but i have found that USB Debugging has been turned off (even though i clearly remember turning it on... grr.) My question is: what can I do to use the tablet without a touchscreen? What else can I try?

    submitted by /u/DoublexTwelve
    [link] [comments]

    Chat features stuck on "connecting..." status

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 04:16 PM PST

    I've been able to use chat features for a few weeks but now the status is stuck on "connecting..."

    I tried resetting carrier services and Android messages but it still doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/Jabey
    [link] [comments]

    How to change the country location across entire device (samsung a50s)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:05 PM PST

    I'm new to android as I just switched from ios 2 days ago. When it comes to things like play store my region is set to Australia, but on an app called My Galaxy the region is set to India (note I got this phone second hand and the man selling it brought it from India). Can anyone help me make sure the location across the entire phone is set to Australia?

    submitted by /u/seyyed-10
    [link] [comments]

    iphone wireless gamepad on android?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:51 PM PST

    I found some wireless gamepads for iphones and other apple devices. Are they really only able to connect to apple stuff, or is that marketing?

    submitted by /u/darklighthitomi
    [link] [comments]

    Messages or maybe Google play services enabling WiFi/Data without notice or indication when MMS is received

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:45 PM PST

    Is there a setting that enables messages to turn mobile data on? Because when I get MMS messages from anyone like friends or family it turns either WiFi or mobile data on without notification and without mobile/WiFi data being shown as enabled/on in the system settings on my pixel 4. This seems like a fairly significant security issue as a malicious app could use this kind of method as a way to then control internet connectivity without user intervention or knowledge.

    I only caught this because my firewall app appeared to be in an active state yet my notification icons for WiFi and Data were showing disabled. In the system settings both WiFi and Data showed disabled as well. Yet, I could actually connect in other apps and apps updated status with notifications indicating they could access the internet as well not long after any MMS messages arrive.

    Is this a Messages issue or an issue with Google play services? Or is this something related to RCS that I'm just not aware of? Is it a setting I accidently turned on?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/dumbestsmartest
    [link] [comments]

    Turning off snap-to, "smart" image cropping?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:24 PM PST

    Ever since the Android 10 update, anytime I try to crop a screenshot, the edges of the cropping area snap into place around what the editor thinks is what I'm going for, but often times it's way off. I dug through the settings and haven't been able to find a way to turn this off.

    Anybody know the fix?

    submitted by /u/SAPHEI
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to connect phone to external monitor

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:32 PM PST

    So i have a Moto G7 Power and i'm connected it to my LG monitor using a usb c to hdmi (works perfect when connecting my laptop to monitor) but nothing is showing up on the screen of my monitor. On my phone i am seeing this https://imgur.com/a/Un3sGIW

    So i was wondering if anyone knew how i can make this work ?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

    Which cheap Android phone: Galaxy A10 v. Moto G7 Power v. LG K40?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 03:00 PM PST

    These a all available for free with a new T-Mobile line. Any thoughts on which is best? Do any hold a stick to an iPhone 8, which I could also get? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/Grant_DaGlove_Payton
    [link] [comments]

    Device management feature

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:54 PM PST

    So I've seen a widget on IOS where you can view all your connected devices and their battery percentage, anyone else think that there should be a similar thing on Android where you can view your connected Bluetooth devices, such as wear OS watch, headphones and other Google home devices and their current battery/use on the home screen through a widget or the Google feed when you swipe left?

    I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to do this currently, like the batteries widget on iOS

    submitted by /u/TudBoatTed
    [link] [comments]

    Remove compromised stuff from Huawei phone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:47 PM PST

    I recently bought a Huawei P Smart phone and wondered if I could uninstall all the bad Chinese government spy stuff from it?

    Can I remove everything and make it a bare bones android device with no special apps? Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/lektap2
    [link] [comments]

    How to store a lot of Smartphones?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 06:02 AM PST

    I Purchased a lot of 60+ smartphones. Mostly Androids, a few iPhones, some older Nokia windows phones. I repair them and sell them. I've been doing this for a while but I'd buy 3-5 phones at once till now. So storing wasn't a problem. But How do I safely store 70~ phones?

    Looking for answer: Do I keep them on or off? If on, how to charge all of them? Does keeping them all at one shelf a safety hazard? These are dodgy semi-working smartphones afterall. Does keeping them in shelf for a long time degrade the battery since a lot of them are working with minor problems.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/amritajaatak
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my S9 lag when I charge it using a Nintendo charging cable?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:53 PM PST

    I have a Switch Pro Controller cable and a Switch power cable. They fit into my Android, but cause lag when I charge it. My other chargers don't do this.

    submitted by /u/RangoTheMerc
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Starter Guide to Local Music Library

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 11:06 AM PST

    EDIT pre-post going public, because I have specific ideas that I want confirmation/suggestions on below!

    Original:Hey all. I am not new to Android, but I am very new to wanting to have music/podcasts on my phone. But I have never had music on my phone so I'm not sure where exactly to start.. here's what I'm looking for, and if someone could point me to resources, I would greatly appreciate it! Again, sorry if they are very easy questions. I tried to do a search on the subreddit but was really only finding hits that were 7-9 years old.

    I want to have a local library.. I don't intend to use streaming services, I would likely have songs downloaded directly to my device. I may get them from old discs or purchase them and download them. Maybe I'll find a way to sync my PC and my phone, either wifi or USB.

    If available, I would like to be able to organize these into my own custom "albums" (folders, categories, sub-categories maybe?). EDIT: It seems like Google Music is actually a good free option if I'm not trying to stream. I can create my own playlists and pick and choose how I want to build them that way. Are there any cases of ads when not streaming?

    How do I then play those songs? Is there already a built in Android player that works with local libraries in this way, or a good one-time purchase player that accomplishes this? EDIT: Again, Google Music seems to be a good ad-free player with local libraries.. confirm?

    submitted by /u/LittleTBeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube (and youtube vanced) automatically stops/pauses after a certain period (even while screen is on)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:58 AM PST

    Why does my youtube and vanced pauses after a while? I thought it was due to doze or other battery saving features (turns out it pauses the video,instead of my theory that the app is closed), so I tried playing videos while screen is on the whole time, it pauses itself after a while.

    What are the possible causes for this?

    submitted by /u/sgn15
    [link] [comments]

    Wi-Fi speed is drastically slow on my phone comparing to other devices

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:24 AM PST

    When I make speedtest on my computer it reaches to 10mbps but on my phone it can't even pass 1 mbps.

    submitted by /u/Blutzki
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel