• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Friday, August 9, 2019

    School leased us laptop during education -> bought said laptop after education. How do I delete traces of the domain and completely clean the laptop without a new windows install? Windows Help

    School leased us laptop during education -> bought said laptop after education. How do I delete traces of the domain and completely clean the laptop without a new windows install? Windows Help


    School leased us laptop during education -> bought said laptop after education. How do I delete traces of the domain and completely clean the laptop without a new windows install?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 11:57 AM PDT

    One problem I have is that I cannot turn off windows defender, nor add exceptions. Hopefully I didn't break any of the rules; do tell me what to correct if I have.

    Edit: Thank you all for the help and kindness, I have managed to solve all issues :)

    submitted by /u/im_misko
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 New Folder crashing

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    Anytime I right click anywhere to make a new folder, the menu bugs and doesn't disappear until I reboot. I don't know what causes this it happened to me years ago on windows 7 too.

    submitted by /u/NotLoogi
    [link] [comments]

    After the most recent Windows update, is it possible to change scroll direction?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:27 PM PDT

    I have an HP laptop, which isn't a "Precision point" or something like that. Windows support had nothing but dead ends for me, so Reddit it is! Please help me out here guys.

    submitted by /u/Chemodo
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Windows 10 taking so long to load now??

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 03:27 PM PDT

    Okay I really can't figure out what's happening all of a sudden, and I hope I'm at the right place to seek help.

    I am on Windows 10 Pro 64x, SSD, nice machine that is recent (2-3 years) and was always fast, no problems at all. Earlier this week though the loading behavior when starting the machine changed: it would normally just boot, black screen for a couple of seconds and then desktop lock screen. The usual. Now though for some reason there is now a black screen with the spinning dots that stays there for a good minute or two before I end up at the desktop log screen. And it seems to take longer and longer with each boot.

    Machine is also just fine and as fast as usual after reaching desktop. No change at all.

    It also seems like it is working in the background because my Razer keyboard, keypad and mouse and lighting up the color of my profile exactly.

    Any idea what it could be? I didn't really install anything new aside from a simple program earlier this week (for my PS3 save files) that needed to install VB5 Runtime (Msvbvm50) to work properly. Do you think it could be the problem? Because I also uninstalled this program to make sure it wasn't the problem but it's still happening... Did the Msvbvm50 maybe stayed somewhere and is causing the problem?

    Any idea? I really don't want to have to reformat my machine since it takes me a long time to do so and I just did it 6 months ago... :'(

    I recorded a video showing it in action since I'm terrible at explaining sometimes (sorry for the poor quality and outside noises/birds: windows are opened).

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysQ9e0sDTyo

    submitted by /u/Urobulus
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] What image format will windows use for the lock screen slideshow?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Like title says, I've got a folder of wallpapers and a fraction of them are being used for some reason after having set the whole screen as my lock screen slideshow folder. Is there something I need to change with the images to get windows to use them?

    submitted by /u/Stolen_FBI_Van
    [link] [comments]

    USB drive path question

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    I have Android studio on me USB drive so I can use it on any windows computer without having to install it every time, and I've specified the paths to reference files on the drive itself. the problem is, I wrote the paths using the drive letter (E:/example/path) and then I realized that it changes sometimes depending on the computer it's plugged into, so my question is, instead of using the drive letter, can the drive's name that I set be used in the path too? (driveName:/example/path)

    submitted by /u/shmibbles
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck in boot load in Windows 7 with status 0xc00000f.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 04:20 PM PDT

    I don't have a Windows disk unfortunately, can I do this without it?

    submitted by /u/DominosPrizza
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Manually Create Shadowcopy

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 03:57 PM PDT

    wmic shadowcopy call create Volume='C:\'
    Should work in win10. May have to turn on a couple of services.
    This does not create a restore point however. Shadow Copy data appears to exist on empty space in the drive. Previous versions have been observed to disappear as the drive is filled.

    submitted by /u/MysteriousArchive
    [link] [comments]

    Question about version 1903

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:32 PM PDT

    Should I wait before updating to 1903? The laptop I just got in on 1803. I always have a bad feeling when there is a new os update.
    Thank you in advance for any help.

    submitted by /u/Ciphero
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone has any idea what these folders are?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 03:43 AM PDT

    Here are the imgur links. I found these files randomly popping recently last and this week and Im hoping that I would find answers here in this subreddit. https://imgur.com/qvFgSUR and https://imgur.com/5f1mE7J

    submitted by /u/Maniee_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop my PC from waking up whenever it feels like updating?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 12:28 PM PDT

    My PC thought it was the best time to wake up at 3AM today for a small virus definition update..

    It had all day to do it but no..

    It's really annoying, I'd rather not have to turn off my PC cuz I've got a finicky plug that won't seem to recognize my cpu fan so it boots up into bios..

    submitted by /u/mcmanybucks
    [link] [comments]

    how can I downlod windows 10 apps that are not available in my country?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    I want to download the VRV app which is only available in the USA, how could I do this?

    submitted by /u/Denisureddit
    [link] [comments]

    Need help replacing Regedit file in Windows 8

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    I have a problem- and I don't know if this is the place to post for help, but I've found good info on here before. I haven't been able to find an answer after looking through several dozen forums and chats and help sites. Maybe someone here can give me direction.

    First, I opened my PC to find the fonts on the desktop had been replaced by squares and symbols and nonsense. After searching I found a few ideas for how to fix it, and tried each of them, including running a .reg script, resetting the system fonts, deleting and reloading the fonts in the Control Panel>Fonts folder, none of which did any good.

    I found that the reason it did no good is because my Windows Registry has 0 fonts in it.

    I haven't been able to find a way to replace the Registry fonts. IS there a way? I've found plenty of ways to delete them, but none on how to add them.

    I heard mentioned once that it could be dangerous to add the registry fonts back in at this point. Is that the case? Or was a support person just being lazy?

    To use my computer, I have to reload the system fonts into the Control Panel>Fonts folder every time I start up, and they are deleted every time the computer is shut down. I would appreciate any help on this I could get. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/rew4747
    [link] [comments]

    UWP Calculator app crashes on startup after v1809 -> v1903 update

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Game won’t download even though I have space of of the App Store

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    I'm trying to re download FH4 after deleting it. When downloading it tells me I don't have enough space, the game is 76gb and on my C drive I have 94 gb free. Any suggestions? I removed all the games to my d: drive and I can't find anything else to move/delete to free up space. And when I go to free up space it says there is 114gb of stuff in "apps & games" but once clicking into it and sorting by size the biggest app is 2.2gb and everything else is under 1gb, so all it's showing me is definitely not 114gb

    submitted by /u/egabayot
    [link] [comments]

    Sound problem after Windows 10 update 1903

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    The update is out for a while now. After i updated yesterday it's like everything is bass boosted. It almost hurts.

    Is there something i can do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/xDavin
    [link] [comments]

    Computer records all internal sounds, help me turn it off!

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 12:33 PM PDT

    Hello! So recently my friends noticed in a Skype call that they could hear my internal audio, such as music/in-game sound, through the call. I checked and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Skype, because my computer records internal sound even when I'm starting a normal video record in the camera app. I've also checked that the sound is recorded even if my mic is muted, so it isn't due to any leakage from the headphones to the mic. I've read that this issue can be caused if you've got Stereo Mix on, but I can't even find that setting (I've checked Show disconnected/disabled devices). Does anyone know why this happens and how I can fix it? All help would be great!

    Btw, computer is HP Envy and headset is Razer Kraken.

    submitted by /u/JackHer03
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 Pro, mounting USB drives to a: or b:

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    Is there a way to force Windows to mount a USB key to either the A: or B: ? By default, it seems to use the next available letter after C:

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/MasterClown
    [link] [comments]

    Can't type in windows search bar or in microsoft store apps?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 07:37 AM PDT

    I checked my services to see if Windows Search is running and it is. I tried fixing it with Powershell but nothing happened. I also tried restarting Windows Explorer and a few other fixes but nothing is working.

    submitted by /u/KDJumanji
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Explorer arises reborn for an epic final battle against Google Chrome

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    Winkey works whenever it pleases.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    So my windows key does whatever it wants. Soemtimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

    Things I tried:
    Seeing if the winkey is locked on my keyboard - Nope
    Opening on screen keyboard, clicking my physical winkey - shows that I click it, wont open the start menu.
    Pressing Winkey on the on screen keyboard works, but acts like a sticky key.
    Same problem occurs with another keyboard, same PC.

    If anyone came across that issue\ knows a solution, I'd really appreciate it. I use my winkey for a lot of shortcuts and it feels weird without it sometimes.

    I am using windows 10.

    submitted by /u/DanielxPlus
    [link] [comments]

    Windows Key for reinstall (+ locked out of BIOS)

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    Hello all, I did a search, sorry if I overlooked if this has been asked/answered elsewhere. By all means redirect.

    I have 2 similar situations on Lenovo
    Mini Desk Top + Laptop
    I am first looking at a mini desk top. I have been tasked to reinstall windows7 on this. I was not worried about being locked out as I was going to simply reinstall Win7.
    I need assistance on;
    - how to bypass a locked BIOS and
    - how to install win7 fresh

    The windows web site asks for a windows key before allowing me to download (new to me). Since reading, I learn you can install Win7 and once connected to internet, there is thr ability for the credentials to be confirmed and autonomic re-registration and key. However, if windows website is asking for key prior I am not sure how reliable my reading is.

    The Laptop is similar, but with a Win10 sticker and again, no key. Locked out of BIOS.

    Many thanks in advance

    Cheers.....Q

    submitted by /u/QfanatiQ87
    [link] [comments]

    How do I uninstall a fake windows and install the genuine version?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    This is probably a really stupid question and I'm really sorry if it is, but I recently bought a secondhand desktop computer online. It was working perfectly, but then a few weeks later certain features stopped working and it started asking me to download the genuine windows.

    I'm really out of my depth here, I'm a university student and only bought the computer to do assignments, and also play sims haha, so I can't afford a new desktop. It works for the internet and for word and PowerPoint etc, but sims 3 wont load whatsoever!

    Is there a way to install a genuine windows programme without a) breaking the computer (as I've no idea how long it's had the fake programme, but then again I'm not sure if that matters ) and b) without it costing a substantial amount of money?

    Sorry again if this is a stupid question, I'm already pretty sure that it is but when it comes to computers I don't have a clue! The computer runs on Windows 7, I'm not fully sure what sort of computer it is as I'm just setting it up after moving apartments but I'll update as soon as I have it set up and can find out!

    submitted by /u/seysz
    [link] [comments]

    MS Paint - 20 years later

    Posted: 09 Aug 2019 12:02 PM PDT

    A long time mac user, I recently bought a Windows laptop because Apple doesn't offer any desktop replacements, and overall I'm pretty happy with the different trade-offs between Mac & Windows, but one thing that's honestly flabbergasted me is the state of MS Paint. I was shocked to find that it still has the same old problems from LITERALLY 20 YEARS AGO, like not being able to rotate things by anything other than 90 degree multiples, not being able to refine selections, limited brush width choices, and the eraser being a tiny square.

    I've just gotta vent all the time now because for so many years I had to listen to people telling me to "get a real PC" and that "mac limits your options" when the reality is that Windows is in the frickin' stone age in certain ways!

    I know it's maybe an old meme for many people nowadays, but while shopping for my new laptop I came across this 'PC master race' mentality in the ThinkPad community, so it's sadly still a thing. Their complaints are on the level of "the shortcut to take screenshots is awkward" when Windows has RUDIMENTARY basic text editing shortcuts compared to macOS. Now to me it's not that big of a deal because different software like word processors or code editors will provide adequate shortcuts, but it's one of many compromises I have to accept when switching from Mac to Windows.

    If you, reading this, are one of those people who unironically bash macOS, then please stop it. If you insist, I have a big long text file documenting the many small (but significant) ways that Windows objectively falls short compared to macOS, which I started due to my sheer surprise at just how distorted this 'Windows is superior' narrative is. I'm not going to take those sentiments quietly anymore. Honestly, when I got this PC I was ready - excited even - to rediscover Windows and see for myself how great it is like everyone's always saying. But I now definitively know that Mac vs Windows truly is just a matter of preference and use case. For gaming, Windows is the undisputable champion, but for overall UX and efficiency macOS is the clear winner. For everything else, it just depends on what you're doing and what third party software is available. I've recently started trying out Linux too and it's King when it comes to personalization. I know not everyone is gonna compile their own stuff, including myself, but I was able to double the system-wide scrollbar width with a few small edits and I figured it out in 5 minutes. Amazing!

    In the case of MS Paint, its disadvantages compared to Preview are not a big deal of course, and I know of better options, free and paid. But it is shocking, again, that Microsoft in all of 20 years never found the time to have an intern add custom rotation amounts to its bundled basic image editor.

    I rest my case.

    submitted by /u/self_defeating
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel