• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Tuesday, August 6, 2019

    OnePlus Tech Support Tuesday (August 06, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!

    OnePlus Tech Support Tuesday (August 06, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!


    Tech Support Tuesday (August 06, 2019) - Your weekly tech support thread!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:18 AM PDT

    This is /r/oneplus' weekly thread for tech support. Your place for any issues you might have. Join Discord as well for real-time assistance!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Trade-In Scams

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 12:37 PM PDT

    OnePlus offers trade-ins for old phones to incentivize people to buy new ones...

    Well, good luck getting paid for them. I went through their form to trade in a Samsung Galaxy S8+, waited for the box, shipped it to them, Fedex delivered it, it was signed for by an A.Muamba, and ... nothing. 12 weeks later, multiple attempts at contact, giving them their own tracking number again, my IMEI, the specifications of the phone, my old case numbers...

    Silence.

    Every time I am told that the issue is being escalated to "the concerned team", and that I will receive a response within 24-48 hours...

    Silence.

    I have 9 cases with them because per their phone, chat, and email support, the previous case was closed by "the concerned team" and there are no notes included, and have I checked my spam folder.

    Don't use their trade in. There is a good chance that even if the trade is quoted as being worthwhile, you aren't going to get it, you aren't going to get your phone back, and your only recourse is to throw more good money after bad to seek a default judgement in small claims court that you likely will never be able to collect upon.

    Edit: Twitter link if anyone wants to share over there: https://twitter.com/KalaniMakutu/status/1158863140102299649

    submitted by /u/tysonedwards
    [link] [comments]

    Sprint to Launch 5G Smartphone from OnePlus

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:51 AM PDT

    Dropped my Oneplus One I've had for 5 years, and broke the digitizer. I already replaced the phone, but I need to extract some data from the OPO. How can I do this if I can't get past the phone's lock screen PIN as the digitizer doesn't work?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    The top half of the phone works, but the bottom half doesn't. Therefore, I can't unlock my phone and change the USB setting from "Charge Only". When i connect to PC, it shows up in my drives but it is empty, and stays that way until I unlock.

    My photos and contacts and everything are of course backed up but I had about 3000 mp3 files in an epic playlist that I need to transfer to PC.

    submitted by /u/MrBeerDrinker
    [link] [comments]

    Type C to 3.5mm jack adapter available in stock.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    Horrible Snapchat Camera quality on the new OnePlus 7 Pro!

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    I just wanted to shed a light on the Snapchat camera quality vs the Stock Camera application quality. The first picture being taken using the Snapchat application and the second picture taken using the Stock Camera application that OnePlus provides with Auto settings. I did not mess with any settings while taking the second picture, it's also not Night Mode or whatever the specific mode for taking night pictures is called.

    1 - https://ibb.co/Pxwv7c4

    2 - https://ibb.co/gMRM8Ry

    The difference between these two photos is absolutely disgusting. I am a frequent Snapchat user and this actually tempts me to switch back to iOS. It seems like Snapchat tries to optimize the photos and in doing so completely ruins the photo. I have no problem with it being cropped but it looks horrible compared to the normal photo taken by the Stock Camera application. I'm just trying to start a conversation about this because it appears to me that nobody else is talking about this. I understand that OnePlus possibly have little or no influence on the camera quality in Snapchat but I just want something at least. It should not be this horrible.

    submitted by /u/-nuRdy-
    [link] [comments]

    don't buy the OnePlus 7 Pro Nylon Bumper case

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    after about 6 weeks of use it has become very frayed along the edges and is pretty uncomfortable to hold as the fibres are not that soft. bad image cause it's hard to focus on the frayed edges

    submitted by /u/Frothar
    [link] [comments]

    Where exactly is the proximity sensor on the OnePlus 7 pro

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:13 AM PDT

    Oxygen 9.0.7 OP5 automatic display intensity

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:31 PM PDT

    Has anyone noticed display intensity seems to change as you "wake" the screen or unlock after locking?

    submitted by /u/therealgariac
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How soon can we expect Android Q to roll out for OnePlus 7 Pro?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    Whats the usual release cycle like for new releases of android ?

    submitted by /u/iluvapple
    [link] [comments]

    From iPhone XS Max to OP7 pro

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    So I just made the switch from iOS to Android, purchasing the the OP7 pro - could not be happier.

    However, I did own a Apple Watch Series 4 with LTE, and have grown seriously accustomed to notifications om my wrist - what är your best tips for Android watches with LTE that works fine with oneplus devices?

    Might be a stupid question, but hey - I've just joined the bright side.

    submitted by /u/maccipacci
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify automatically closes on my OP7 Pro.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    Spotify closes when I switch to the wide angle camera. The music stops playing and the Spotify app closes. Anyone else facing a similar issue? How can this be fixed?

    submitted by /u/sch_wang
    [link] [comments]

    Planning to buy an oneplus 7 pro device with On Guard Protection. Question: how do you protect your phone?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:23 PM PDT

    Hello oneplus community, I'm planning to buy an op7 pro next week and I want to keep it naked at least for a few months with that beautiful almond color and I'm curious how many people do this or if it's worth it to pay the extra for this. So my question is, how do you keep and protect your device? Keep it simple but vulnerable or slap in the hardest case and call it a day?

    submitted by /u/Ynfernozz
    [link] [comments]

    Latest gcam for OnePlus 6 ?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 06:31 AM PDT

    Which one is the latest gcam for OnePlus 6 ?

    submitted by /u/Chitralekh
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 7 Pro lag problems

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 10:13 AM PDT

    Hi! Has anyone experienced lag when exiting apps, just after unlocking the phone or when using Google Maps? It's just a little stutter, but enough to be annoying and it happens during transitions and animations. I used the Oneplus 6T for a couple of months and as far as I remember that phone was working flawlessly, never had any issues with it. I'm currently on OxygenOS 9.5.10 and I have the 6GB version(my avg RAM usage is 3.5-4GB, so that isn't an issue).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mflavius22
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus apps update not showed in play store

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:08 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I wonder if I'm alone seeing this behavior. In my play store, under my apps, I see the Oneplus apps (community, launcher, icon pack, etc.). Play store tell me no update available. But when I search for Oneplus apps and click on them, I get updates. For exemple, I just updated Oneplus weather this way. The other I found is Oneplus round icon pack which was updated on the 1rst of July. Even when I press on refresh updates, it doesn't show these apps. I'm wondering how many installed apps doesn't update this way... I also have auto update on.

    Does anyone else see this? I'm on one plus 7 pro.

    submitted by /u/nodiaque
    [link] [comments]

    OP6 Bluetooth keeps disconnecting in my car

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:59 PM PDT

    This is the only issue I've had with my OP6 but it is driving me crazy. The bluetooth connection keeps dropping multiple times per car trip. I can have Android Auto on, which in my car requires the USB to be connected, and it will disconnect. Or I can have the phone blue tooth connected without the USB and it makes no difference.

    if I'm on a call it will switch to the handset speaker mid call. Or the music from Google play will just stop and then it switches back to the radio.

    Someone help me.

    submitted by /u/PremiumQueso
    [link] [comments]

    OP 7Pro latest- 9.5.11 Update Has Weird Scrolling Issue

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 07:59 AM PDT

    After I updated my OP 7Pro to the latest update- I have observed a really sensitive scrolling. So, when I scroll even just a bit, sometimes the app just scrolls way too much and I am lost where I earlier was. This is annoying at times. Do you guys have any fix for time being?

    I remember that someone had mentioned the similar issue here but I am not able to find that post.

    submitted by /u/shantanusri
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 6T a good option now?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 04:55 AM PDT

    Oneplus Canada has a discount for the 6T (8GB + 256GB) version. The total price for the phone + type C earbuds + case is $790CAD including the taxes. Camera is my least priority while performance being the highest. Is it a good option going with the 6T now?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/meet7g
    [link] [comments]

    Just ordered a OnePlus 7 Pro, what should I know about it?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 11:40 AM PDT

    It's arriving soon and I can't wait, but what information should I know / settings I should toggle to use it to its full potential? I'm coming from an iPhone 7 by the way :).

    submitted by /u/swiftestcat
    [link] [comments]

    Should I order a new oneplus device off of Amazon or the official OP website?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 03:04 PM PDT

    I'm interested in buying a new phone and the official site has a nice deal right now (free headphones and a case) but going through this sub, it seems like the oneplus customer service is a nightmare. Am I worried for nothing or should I just go with Amazon?

    Edit: Thank you for all your responses. I will go with the official site

    submitted by /u/OPBadshah
    [link] [comments]

    Night Mode turns off automatically

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 05:10 AM PDT

    The night mode in developer options keeps changing back to 'Based on time of day' seemingly whenever it likes.

    I'm rooted and have Swift Installer applied to some apps but not Google Photos or Calender (it makes some animations take longer and means I can't update them until Swift is updated).

    Does this happen to anyone else? 3T on 9.0.4.

    submitted by /u/xXMadSupraXx
    [link] [comments]

    Help me decide

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:30 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I've been using OnePlus phones since the OnePlus 2. I'm currently using the OnePlus 3t.

    The 3t is still generally running well after nearly three years. But I'm looking to upgrade in the near future.

    I was initially considering the 7 pro, but after seeing how large it is and the extra cost I started to think again. At the time I didn't realise they would make the regular 7. So I'm now trying to decide between the 7 or the heavily discounted 6t.

    I tend to keep phones for at least three years and I'm based in the UK.

    Which of the three would people recommend? As far as I can see the specs for the 7 pro and 7 are much the same apart from camera and screens, it that correct? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/mattpitts74
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus Warp Charger Replacement

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:22 PM PDT

    Does anyone know where to get another warp charger or if there are any third party chargers that will still warp charge my 7pro

    submitted by /u/Sethrulz
    [link] [comments]

    O7P Issues since latest update?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Anyone have any issues since the latest update? I've been using android auto almost daily, and for the first time today my phone kept connecting/disconnecting. Couldn't keep a stable connection until I gave it a reboot. Then later in the day it randomly turned off and I couldn't turn it on for a couple of hours. Only after I let it charge for a while and held all the buttons together for about a min did it finally turn on... Wondering if this is just random or has to do with the newest update. Anyone else have issues?

    submitted by /u/eugene_captures
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change the notification ash color?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    That blue flash when you get a notification or open the front camera, can I make it red?

    submitted by /u/MorningFox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel