• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Thursday, August 1, 2019

    OnePlus (Confession) I thought the OnePlus 7 Pro screen was terrible.

    OnePlus (Confession) I thought the OnePlus 7 Pro screen was terrible.


    (Confession) I thought the OnePlus 7 Pro screen was terrible.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 08:06 AM PDT

    I've owned a 7 Pro for about a week and love the phone. However I started noticing a load of scratches on the screen. I had no idea how I could've scratched it so much already! I was on the verge of sending it back today when I realised something. The phone came with a plastic screen protector on it. The actual glass screen is completely fine. I feel like such a massive tit...

    Very impressed with OnePlus for providing a screen protector already on and providing a phone case!

    submitted by /u/hjgwynne
    [link] [comments]

    Oxygen Updater will be getting a new owner, Auston LeRoy

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:56 PM PDT

    Greetings,

    This is Auston LeRoy, part of the team taking over the Oxygen Updater application as Arjan takes a more active role in the real world. As some of you may know, Arjan, the developer behind the open source application, announced that he will know longer be able to support the project from November 2019, onwards. It would be a shame to let the project die, since it is used & beloved by so many folks in the community.

    My first instinct was to reach out and see how I could help, and within an hour, a small group of us was formed. All with varying levels of technical experience, divided by borders, united by purpose: to keep a necessary piece of software alive. As of late, it seems like a going trend to end-of-life projects, which were beloved by the community, when their passionate creator can no longer support it.

    We are also a bunch of nerds, we like to learn new things, tinker on new ideas, as most of you do, so let's tinker together.

    Future Plans:

    After getting up to speed with the current state of the platform, I was thoroughly impressed with the simplicity of the consumer-facing app, while having a robust set of content-management tools on the back end, to support the admins. Over the next few months, the transition team will be working in parallel with Arjan, to get up to speed on the platform.

    The back-end team will be working to stand up a new instance of the server, as the current one is at capacity and requires a rebuild. While our android team, works on a number of initiatives, with our end goal being to re-write the app in Kotlin. First up will be to release a UI redesign, featuring a dark theme. There is some debate within the team whether or not to remove the ads from the platform. However, ads suck, so I want them banished to the shadow realm. We will be looking for user feedback, about the ads, other features, and just your thoughts about the app, so please contact us at [support@oxygenupdater.com](mailto:support@oxygenupdater.com).

    By the way, this is also the new email address listed in the Play Store where users can request support for the app.

    Why?

    Personally, I am doing this for a couple of reasons, the first is because I use the app myself. I have owned a smartphone since 2007 when I got the Motorola Q9m, followed by the droid in 09. Being stuck on Verizon Wireless, updates to the platformed were released at a snail's pace. As the years went on, I would watch for months as my friends got features that I had to wait for. Sure there are alternatives to download those updates, but it's 2019 after all and upgrading should require me to be at my PC. As we move into an era where you may be able to replace your PC entirely, it is becoming ever more important to have apps like the oxygenUpdater, out there, trusted, secure, and free for all.

    The team

    Besides me, the team consists of various other people. Below, you'll find a short bio of our team members.

    Larson Carter, from the USA, has been coding in various languages for 4+ years with networking/automation experience, he functions as a full stack developer, contracting his talents to local businesses. In addition to helping local schools with their infrastructure.

    programming languages: Java/Kotlin, C/C++, Python3, Bash/Bash-Scripting, Swift 4+, Powershell, HTML, CSS, JS

    Technologies: Java Swing, WordPress, Linux Administration, Google Firebase, .NET, MySQL, REST APIS

    Why I did this project: "I wanted to do this project strictly for the community. Also I am doing it for the experience of learning on a greater scale. I've also been using this app since I got my OP3T!"

    Contact: Reddit u/larsonthekidrs | [larsoncarter@oxygenupdater.com](mailto:larsoncarter@oxygenupdater.com)

    Adhiraj Singh Chauhan, 22, from India, has been coding since 6th grade. Began his journey into coding with web development, branching out into C/C++, then onto various other languages and frameworks.

    Former experience includes full-stack developer at BlackRock. Currently freelancing, working at a startup, and building his own organization.Programming languages known: C/C++, HTML/CSS/JS, Java/Kotlin, PHP, SQL, C#, BASIC, Haskell, Python, Lua, Bash/BatchTechnologies used: Angular, Vue, React, NodeJS/Express/Pug/EJS, Apache Ignite, Cassandra, Solr, Spring

    Why I did this project: "I've been with OnePlus since the OnePlus 5, and with OnePlus Updater a day after I bought that device. This is me giving back to the community, and learning from the experience"

    Contact: Reddit u/asc42 | [adhirajsinghchauhan@oxygenupdater.com](mailto:adhirajsinghchauhan@oxygenupdater.com)

    Henry López del Pino, currently studying Computer and Telecommunications Engineering at Diego Portales University, Chile. Experience (8 years) in Linux Servers (CentOS/RHEL, Debian-based) for web hosting (Nginx, Apache, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB), mail hosting (Postfix, Dovecot, Courier), VMs (OpenVZ, LXC, KVM) and streaming. Also currently working on some Telecommunications and Networking projects for events, transportation, ISP and mobile carriers.

    Brandon - Best with Java logic and back-end work. Like Auston I have dabbled in PHP writing scripts for MySQL statements and with the Square API. Intermediate in UI and logo design.

    Konrad, a full stack developer working for a small financial startup, before that he was an Android developer. Has worked for multiple companies, as well as consulting for governments and companies - and recently worked as a freelance. Area of expertise is embedded device security and application development.

    Programming languages: Kotlin, Java, Python, JavaScript, TypeScript, Bash, GoLang, Ruby, Sinatra.

    Technologies**:** MongoDB, Node, HAPI, Express, Django, BoostLib

    Why I did this project: I want the latest updates for my OP7.

    I've been programming since I started HighSchool, and double majored in CS and ECE. You can consider me a full-stack developer as I'm knowledgeable in both frontend and backend. As far as experience is concerned, I interned as a volunteer SWE during college for a non-profit to make a website for them, and then interned at my current company during Summer 2018. Currently, I'm working on reporting and java enhancements. I know a bit of Android from self-learning and doing projects at Uni. I came to join Oxygen Updater to bring learn new things and bring my skills to the table, as well as help make the app better than it ever was before.

    How can you help (as an app user or community member)?

    Translators: As the app grows our global footprint, we are going to have an ever increasing need for translators. Check out our Discord to get in touch

    Donators: We will be discussing the idea of creating a paypal or in-app-purchase that users could make to support the project costs. This will need some work on our side, so stay tuned!

    Developers: The app remains open source and we will keep hosting our public repos on Github. You can always send a Pull Request to contribute to the app, its website or public back-end.

    submitted by /u/arjan1995
    [link] [comments]

    Shot this on One Plus 7 Pro on pro camera mode (not edited)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:22 PM PDT

    Cropped and full photo here https://imgur.com/gallery/ZG6fuYf

    Was amazed how powerful the manual mode was especially the manual focusing! Love this phone.

    submitted by /u/gapmunky
    [link] [comments]

    [Exclusive] "Up to 70 percent of my work comes in the new OxygenOS"

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    Anyone actually prefer the clear rubbery case you get with the phone?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:15 AM PDT

    I just finally got my official OP7 Pro Nylon black case from their website. I had always got the carbon finish before and wanted to try something new.

    Now I've got the case, I really want to love it, but I honestly hate how it makes the phone feel. It turns the phone into a cheap, slippy, plastic brick. It feels like it messed the balance of the phone up big time.

    No, despite OnePlus products now being Apple tier in terms of cost I have gone back to the free silicone case that they provided with the phone as it honestly makes it feel perfect.

    submitted by /u/daeVC
    [link] [comments]

    Newest 9.5.11 update seems to have stabilized WiFi Calling on my 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Before it would revert to VoLTE most of the time even with good WiFi signal, but since the update it sticks on VoWiFi. Anyone else noticing this?

    submitted by /u/USTS2011
    [link] [comments]

    Looking To Get a OP7 But Have Some Questions

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:53 AM PDT

    Currently using a Note 8 as a daily driver, and have a few questions before i jump into it. I havent had an OP since the original so its been a while.

    Battery life? After year of using my Note 8 im noticing my battery life has damn near flatlined. Im having to charge over night, and charge again after work.

    IP Rating? I know they didnt do the official IP certification testing, but are using the same rubber on the interior of the phone. Im more worried about steam. I take my phone in the shower with me (its in a cubby in the wall, its my youtube time, SHUT UP), my showers are super hot though so im worried more about steam than i am direct water.

    Camera? I bought my wife the Iphone XR (she refuses to go to android, dont ask) and the camera on that thing makes my note 8 camera look like a 1987 camcorder.

    Updates? Using the Note 8 through T-Mobile is a nightmare when it comes to OTAs. I think we got the 9.0 update like 4 or 5 months after everyone else did.

    Ive watched a few reviews, but i want some non-biased opinions from people who are actually using this phone on a daily basis.

    submitted by /u/xxflyingarmbarxx
    [link] [comments]

    Unlucky shipping of Oneplus 7 pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    So I just recieved my oneplus and it came in this condition, I couldnt reject the shipment because no signature required and it was inside another fedex shipping bag. I already messaged and will get a return shipment label. Will i get a completely new one or will I get the same one just ''repaired'' or ''repackaged''? If this has happened to anyone let me know!

    https://imgur.com/7AWPkdJ

    submitted by /u/VicMag
    [link] [comments]

    OnePlus 7 Pro with dbrand concrete wrap

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    I installed the wrap today and is the first time I have used the Concrete wrap. I have to say, I was a big fan of the leather on my previous phone but the Concrete is my favorite, hands down.

    http://imgur.com/a/C0BY3N6

    Gives the phone a much better grip and looks great with the clear case that comes with the phone. If you were on the fence before, I say gopher it.

    submitted by /u/72184
    [link] [comments]

    Weird colorshift in google photos on OP7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    I'm experiencing something weird. I've only noticed it on the Google photos App, but it doesnt seem to be connected to the app. everytime I open a picture, the colors shift/change after a second, looks greenish and desaturated. When I pull down the notification shade, the greenish hue applies to that, too! only after going back from the picture to the overview, or by closing the app, this effect stops. Ive tried recording it with screen recorder - you can see it, but the difference looks different (just darker, not greenish) I thought it had something to do with nightmode or something, but I got everything disabled. What's happening here? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions I might try? Thanks!

    Edit: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-photos-wide-color-image-support-buggy-photo-viewer/

    someone in the comments linked to this article. This sums up the situation pretty good!

    submitted by /u/Rapwnze1
    [link] [comments]

    Fate/Grand Order on UFS 3.0

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Considering between OnePlus 7 (not Pro) and Xiaomi K20 Pro.

    As I run FGO alot and the game consumes alot of time at various loading screens. Ideally OnePlus with faster storage seems sensible choice. But is it really faster, noticably compared UFS 2.1 etc storage speeds?

    Any experiences?

    submitted by /u/Me_Ashish_
    [link] [comments]

    What's the size compared to OP7P to the pixel 2XL. Almost ready to switch over but worried about the size difference

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 03:28 PM PDT

    [Issue] Low volume ok wired and bluetooth headphones

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    Bought an OP7 a few weeks ago and I notice the volume with earphones is really low. I'm unable to hear anything up until the 30% mark, from there it's super low, on Max volume it's sort of average, but if it's a bit loud outside it's tough to hear.

    Anybody know of a solution to this? Or if OnePlus is going to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Lil_miss_Sunshines
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Input Lag

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    Okay so coming from iPhone XS Max here to OnePlus 7 Pro, I have to say the screen and the fluid UI is pretty amazing but there is one thing holding me back, the video recording and its playback, I noticed there were some hiccup lag. Is there a way to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated.

    I contacted OnePlus 7 Pro support and they told me I had to do wipe cache and it didn't work.

    submitted by /u/Profaniter
    [link] [comments]

    45w PD power bank not working with dash or warp charge. Can someone explain why?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07MC2DYRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    I have this power bank (its for my surface laptop and works great). It says it supports PD charging via the usbc port at 45w but when i plug it into my one plus 7 pro i just get a normal charge (the charging doesn't say charging rappildy or i don't get the warp charge logo)

    I assume this is some limitation with the compatibility but i don't understand why since the power output looks to be more than enough. Can anyone explain to me why this doesn't work?

    The USB C output specs are:

    PD 45W: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A,15V/3A,20V/2.25A

    submitted by /u/oliath
    [link] [comments]

    RhinoShield CrashGuard and Impact Flex Back Protector.

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 06:22 AM PDT

    These arrived a few days ago and thought I would show a few pictures of what they look both like in combination with my Nebula blue OP7pro. The clear back protector seems to turn the cool diffused blue into a shiny almost mirror blue that seems to pop more. Some might not like the extra shiny effect it gives, but for me it makes the phone way more attractive to look at.

    https://imgur.com/a/jis1DzT

    https://gfycat.com/wildhalfafricanfisheagle

    submitted by /u/Ser_Danksalot
    [link] [comments]

    OP6T randomly stops turning on, requires a hard reset

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 02:47 PM PDT

    Hey all

    I've had my 6t McLaren for 7 months, and occasionally I've gotten this problem where if I turn the screen off and try to turn it back on, it doesn't turn on and only gives a faint vibration, but if I hold power+volume up for about 30 seconds, it magically restarts and everything works again. But is there any way for me to stop it from randomly doing this? I've tried getting rid of my root (I was rooted, haven't flashed TWRP/magisk again yet) but that hasn't helped.

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUROUY_EM_MP
    [link] [comments]

    RCS Not Working on OP7?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:49 PM PDT

    Just got my OnePlus 7 after switching from a pixel 1, and for some reason RCS in the Google messages app doesn't work anymore. It worked fine on my pixel 1, I'm not on TMobile, what gives?

    submitted by /u/hardcoregiraffestyle
    [link] [comments]

    Alright which one of y'all did this

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:48 PM PDT

    Shutter still slow on 7 Pro?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:41 PM PDT

    I had a 7 pro at release briefly and one of my biggest annoyances was the slow shutter. When I clicked the button to snap the pic there was a very noticeable delay before the pic was taken. Reminded me of phones about 5 years ago.

    Had any update fixed this yet?

    submitted by /u/Zendroid1
    [link] [comments]

    Interesting Issue - T-Mobile and Verizon SIMs in a 7 Pro

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:37 PM PDT

    When rebooting my phone will switch toT-Mobile data every time I reboot.

    It appears that Verizon is slower to setup the network connection and T-Mobile sets up first and the data connection switches.

    I can go into settings and switch is back but every time I reboot, I need to do this. It's been this day since I got the phone through multiple OS upgrades. This didn't happen on my 6T.

    Anyone else with both T-Mobile and Verizon seeing this issue?

    submitted by /u/tech_whiz
    [link] [comments]

    Got my Bullets Wireless 2, Help With Case Please

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 05:32 PM PDT

    I'm struggling to put my new Bullets Wireless 2 in the case. I like how the case works but everytime I put them in there I'm scared I'm going to break them or the magnet connecting to two buds comes apart and they then connect to my phone. Help!

    submitted by /u/acheney1990
    [link] [comments]

    Oneplus 6 keeps restarting itself

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    When using my phone for longer than about 3 hours it starts doing the same shit I got rid of my Huawei phone for. I mostly browse Reddit when using my phone for extended periods. Suddenly a post won't load when I want to check the comments. Then I open Snapchat and when I try to send a snap it just says failed to send. After trying again for like the third time my phone just restarts. Sometimes this just happens out of nowhere. It is annoying and it really ruins the browsing. Is there any way to clear the cache or something to get me started with?

    submitted by /u/Jopsukka
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded from iPhone 6S Plus to OnePlus 7 Pro! OMFG!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Got the Nebula Blue with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage! What a difference... Also got the Warp Charge car charger and the Bullets 2 Wireless. So glad I learned about OnePlus phones.

    submitted by /u/Draethar
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else unable to add widgets to the shelf on the 6T?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    For sometime now I've been unable to add any new widgets to my shelf (that left most screen that you can replace with the Google feed thing) I usually keep my calendar and audiobook/music widgets there, but the little plus that used to show up has stopped appearing and I've tried long pressing in blank space but that does nothing.

    I've tried switching to the Google feed thing and back again but that doesn't fix it.

    I also tried setting a widget on the regular home screen and dragging it over but that's not a thing you can do apparently. I mean I get it, it's not the home screen over there,it's the shelf, but what am I supposed to do?

    Oh, importantly, it's the T-Mobile 6T, not the regular one, (not sure if it matters, but that's probably the issue haha.)

    Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

    submitted by /u/jekrump
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel