• Breaking News

    [Android][timeline][#f39c12]

    Sunday, August 11, 2019

    Laptops They are literally stacking up over here

    Laptops They are literally stacking up over here


    They are literally stacking up over here

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:43 AM PDT

    This is a dumb question, but when i press "F3" key, my laptop's brightness goes up, press "F2" and my laptop becomes dimmer. How do i change the keyboard so i dont have to press "FN +F3" to actually input F3 ?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2019 07:43 PM PDT

    Laptop for Grandma

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    I'm going to be getting my grandmother a laptop for her birthday. Her current one is just really old and it takes minutes just to load a simple webpage. I'm looking to spend $200-300, all she really needs is to be able to browse the web quickly and for emails. A small SSD would be nice for quick boot times, as this also takes like 3minutes for her. She doesn't need much storage space at all. Windows 10 is preferred OS.

    submitted by /u/Lebaud
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop with i7 and 1060, or ryzen 7 and 1660ti?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    I live in Czech so I don't have as much to choose from. The main two laptops that are within my price range that I'm thinking about are:

    Dell g5 wit i7, Nvidia gtx 1060, 16gb ram or Asus tuf 505du, which seems like that laptop just came out and has the amd ryzen 7 and 1660ti graphics card and also 16gb ram.

    The Asus is a little bit more expensive, but still within budget. I'm looking for something for school, some gaming, doing Photoshop and I wanna learn Ableton (music production/editing software) too. I would like the laptop to last me at least 4-5 years at least.

    PS: I went to the suggest a laptop sub, but noone ever replied

    submitted by /u/SuspiciousWerewolf7
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for portable laptop w/ long battery life+good keyboard, <$750, USA [xposted to SuggestALaptop]

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm mainly looking to edit and store documents and excel spreadsheets on this laptop. I also want to use it when teaching myself to code in Python and R. A long battery life, a decent keyboard, and portability are important.

    I've been using Windows until now, but I'm not wedded to any OS. I'd prefer a screen size between 12 and 14 inches. I will not be using this for photo/video editing or gaming or for work (laptops are provided at the office) and I have an iPad for general browsing/social media/Netflix, so I'm not looking for anything super fancy and want to spend as little on this as is reasonable.

    I don't have any other strict requirements and am pretty clueless on tech specs, so I'd love any advice on which specs would be appropriate for what I want to do. Also, thoughts on new vs refurbished?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/darkflaneuse
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a new laptop. I build apps for a living (including iOS). Do I need a macbook?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    My budget is around $1500.

    So I'm wondering, will I be better off buying a macbook pro with 8gb ram etc. or a linux/windows laptop with 16-32gb and generally much better specs for the same price, and then running virtualbox or something similar on it?

    I don't really care which OS i'm on. I just feel like i'm really overpaying for specs if I buy a Macbook.

    submitted by /u/evazetv
    [link] [comments]

    Need a Laptop Suggestion

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:47 PM PDT

    So a few days ago my replacement hinge on my old Alienware M14x finally seized up on me again and although it didn't bust through my lcd this time it has caused my laptop to become a desktop. I think I'm about due for an upgrade as this cpu is pushing 8 years old.

    The specs on this particular laptop has an Intel 1st gen i7 2630qm @ 2ghz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD graphics 3000 (integrated), 1600x900 60hz display, Nvidia GEForce GT 555m, and Realtek high def audio. I haven't been able to run anything besides basic browsing and videos for awhile and was hoping to find a decent laptop in the $600-$900 range. I'd love to find laptop with an OS on an SSD as I have a 5TB external if needed. Also hoping to find a laptop with at least a dedicated GPU and i5 8th gen. 60hz is fine display-wise as it will probably only be used for light gaming.

    If anyone has any experience with the following I'd love to hear pros and cons or even general experience. I'm open to any recommendations, but would prefer to stay away from Dell. Thanks!

    Lenovo Y530 and Y540

    Acer Nitro 5

    ASUS TUF FX505

    MSI GV62 or GL63 (I've heard bad about the MSI displays on the lower to mid models)

    submitted by /u/l31ackout
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop stays on a black screen

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:38 PM PDT

    Hello my lenovo laptop has a problem. When i open it it shows Lenovo's logo then it stays on a black screen. If you have any suggestions i will be very appreciated. Thanks again.

    submitted by /u/StKunduz
    [link] [comments]

    sleeve for acer predator triton 500

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    I snagged an Acer Predator Triton 500 on amazon prime day :) My problem is I can't find a sleeve that fits it (15.6") I tried 2 from ali express that were both a little too small. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good sleeve? I like using one as a little added protection when it goes in the backpack. I prefer the ones with the magnetic clasp that fold standard envelope style.

    submitted by /u/el_americano
    [link] [comments]

    I want to buy a new laptop for around £500-£600 what would you recommend

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:17 AM PDT

    Dell 15 7000 Gaming Laptop?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 12:50 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am looking at upgrading my laptop. I currently have an older model Toshiba and it has been amazingly reliable. I found a deal on a Dell 15 7000 Gaming Laptop. I intend on using this laptop for light gaming (Fortnite) and basic computer functions. I am a bit hesitant to make the purchase as there are a lot of negative reviews about this laptop online. Does anyone have any personal experience with this laptop? And is fluent with the computer software? The laptop I am looking at has an upgraded RAM/SSD

    submitted by /u/hjerx
    [link] [comments]

    Screen size for gaming

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 12:21 PM PDT

    I currently use a 17 inch MSI laptop but thinking about upgrading in a few months but can't decide on screen size whether to go 15 or 17 inch again. What do people prefer and why?

    submitted by /u/DeanoVIP
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Can't seem to find an ideal laptop

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    So for a couple of months I've been extensively researching online for my next laptop as I NEED to upgrade from my current one. Its a Lenovo Z580 ... So yeah its pretty old!My laptop is currently the center of my work/entertainment as I produce music on it, watch Netflix, get some light MS Office work done etc. However I do need a capable laptop to run softwares such as Pro-tools smoothly etc so I'll need a Intel i7 for sure and 16GB Ram minimum. However the question is which one!?* Razer Blade 15 would be my ideal but after the reviews and complaints I'm reading, its not looking like an option which really sucks.* Asus ROG Zephyrus GX701 (15inch) seems like a decent option but I'm somewhat worried about thier cooling design as I think it'll be pretty easy for dust etc... to just squeeze in-between the sides... Any experiences from a current owner would be great!

    • Dell XPS 15 (latest model): Again, I'm nor sure about their quality control either as I'm seeing many issue ranging from coil-whines to Wifi issues.

    Just seems that there's isn't a properly functioning laptop put there with no issues whatsoever. I understand its technology but c'mon, If I'm paying 2k+, I'm expecting stability and no issues!

    This is my 1st post on Reddit, and I hope some of the community can assist me here with my dilemma. I'm open to all suggestions! Personal experiences with any of the models mentioned above would be highly grateful!

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/Abdulhamid99
    [link] [comments]

    Low clock speed on rtx 2070 need help please

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 07:36 AM PDT

    So I got my asus gl504gw rog strix scar ii and it looks gr8 but when I tried to play games the performance wasn't good enough for the laptop so when I checked the status of the gpu I found that the clock speed is constant at 300 mhz and some times ut reaches 645 mhz

    submitted by /u/Zeiros20
    [link] [comments]

    Huawei Memebook any good?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:51 AM PDT

    Hi,

    i am looking for a new, low-profile daily driver, only computer, switching from desktop.

    I really like the Macbook, but i dont like the tradeoffs.

    The matebook is obviously 0.8:1 copy, but it seems to have nice hardware, screen, everything.

    Is it any good? Any experience? I can get either the 13 inch model or the base Pro model.

    submitted by /u/AutisticDave
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for budget laptop ($300-500) to play Old School Runescape on.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:23 AM PDT

    Any recommendations or specific specs I should be aiming for? I don't know much about laptops and need all the help I can get.

    submitted by /u/Houdiniboi
    [link] [comments]

    Top 5 laptops under 50000 /-

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    Old laptop stolen looking for equal or better for similar price. Recomendations?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:12 AM PDT

    Last year I bought a lenovo ideapad 330s-15arr. It was stolen last week and I'm starting school again next week so I have to replace it with something quickly.

    I paid 500 for the last laptop and am looking for recommendations at that price point for an equivalent laptop or an upgrade. Any suggestions?

    Edit: I'm a father of 4 kids so this laptop is pretty much my only for me item so that's why I'm so adamant on an equal or better system. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

    submitted by /u/hail2thekingash
    [link] [comments]

    How To Use TS Bench in ThrottleStop?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    I recently undervolted my laptop (y7000p legion) due to thermal throttling. It works better now. However, I want to make sure the undervolt is stable. Can anyone help me by providing links or information regarding TS Bench stress test in ThrottleStop and how to use it?

    submitted by /u/brownbuttman
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find a replacement battery for this laptop.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Yesterday at a Goodwill, I spotted this laptop in the store's electronics aisle for $20. It had an Nvidia Geforce GTX sticker, telling me that this was a gaming laptop, which I have been looking for. Now, I know it sounds like a dumb choice to buy a laptop from goodwill and expect it to run the most current games, but I'm hoping that it can run most past gen games and retro classics. Hopefully, with this subreddit's help, I'll be able to turn this into the biggest deal I've ever gotten. I purchased the laptop with an AC adapter and asked if they could test to see if would turn on. Unfortunately, they weren't allowed to do that. So I took the laptop home and discovered that the battery and hard drive were removed. The hard drive is understandable, but the battery? Who knows why. Anyways, searching up a new battery shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world but strangely, the laptop had no indication of what brand it was. The bottom cover had no screws so it was easy to pop off and get to the motherboard. I discovered that it was an MSI laptop after finding "Micro Star" below the small board for the power button. Here are some pictures of the laptop to see.. If anyone could help me find the exact model and the battery, that would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/not-enough-sauce_boi
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop doesn't Stay quiet when I put on quiet mode.

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    My Lenovo y540 won't stay quiet when I put the fans on quiet it make so much noise when I play a game... Does anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/Mauricejuhh14
    [link] [comments]

    Asus GZ700GX (ROG Mothership) cpu questions

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    Is the Asus ROG Mothership socketed, and is the coolng adequete for an i9-9000k? I would like a laptop with an i9-9000k and thunderbolt support.

    submitted by /u/UpvoteOk
    [link] [comments]

    I am having a hard time choosing between the razer blade 14 2017 and the dell g3 2018 with i7 8750 and a gtx 1060 max q, both are roughly the same price but in the dells case it will be new while the blade will be either refurbished or used

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:44 AM PDT

    Which should i buy? Please read comment...��

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:03 AM PDT

    Any thoughts about the Acer Nitro 7?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    The Acer Nitro 7 with an i7 9750H processor and 1660 Ti GPU is now on sale in my country. I was wondering if this is a descent enough laptop for g.g. a LAN setting where I mostly play eSport titles like Rocket League and COD on a 240Hz monitor. My main desktop PC is a beast, but the way I have it set up makes it inconvenient for traveling.

    Basically it has to meet the 240Hz monitor's demand on low settings with eSport titles.

    On a last note: how are the sound levels on this thing while gaming?

    submitted by /u/Sisto90
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel